As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] Sign-ups open for PAC Nexus Throwdown VI! Hit me up!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    WHAT HTE HECK PPL

I just got demoted in a game because our stukov got his heals DOUBGLED by other teams Malf

Like seriously. Just go turn yourself in at that point

Oh, and to clarify about this morning.. I was second pick, I TOLD the team "hey, wiht stukov, we need to stick together for heals, ok?" Team all said they would in draft. in game? pickoff city. my favorite was tychus kept trying to rannge duel chromie with about 200 health left. i think that specific "tactic" killed him like five different times.

Look blizz, its simple, if you want me to carry this level of potato, i can, butyou need to tell me it's happening in advance so i can adjust my picks, ok?

Stukov's healing goes to shit if your team is getting rolled.

Don't know if he was bad before that or not, but once you start losing Stukov's healing numbers start looking bad.

Malf had 33% more early game when we were at least keeping parity. Stukov spend a good five minutes in base, then spent another five solo laning.

Ok, yeah, so just bad.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    WHAT HTE HECK PPL

I just got demoted in a game because our stukov got his heals DOUBGLED by other teams Malf

Like seriously. Just go turn yourself in at that point

Oh, and to clarify about this morning.. I was second pick, I TOLD the team "hey, wiht stukov, we need to stick together for heals, ok?" Team all said they would in draft. in game? pickoff city. my favorite was tychus kept trying to rannge duel chromie with about 200 health left. i think that specific "tactic" killed him like five different times.

Look blizz, its simple, if you want me to carry this level of potato, i can, butyou need to tell me it's happening in advance so i can adjust my picks, ok?

Stukov's healing goes to shit if your team is getting rolled.

Don't know if he was bad before that or not, but once you start losing Stukov's healing numbers start looking bad.

Isn't that pretty much every healer? Can't heal the dead.

Kinda but there's healers who it hits more and less.

Auriel is basically the quintessential example in that she can't heal period if her team isn't doing anything to feed her hope.

But with Stukov it's about numbers. If your team is rolling the other team, you will put out stupidly huge healing numbers. If you are getting rolled you will put out stupidly tiny healing numbers. This becomes super obvious in Stukov mirror matches in QM where the healing numbers will go from about even to huge gap between winner and loser as one team gains the advantage.

From my experience and what I believe occurs, it's that Stukov can put out huge healing numbers so long as his team can stay healthy and alive long enough for him to roll his Q around the entire team and then slap them all with his D. If you team is up and doing well you can do this constantly, getting your HOT on everyone and then hitting everyone with your D over and over again as virtually free neverending maintenance healing. This produces stupidly high numbers. If on the other hand your team is not doing so well in fights you will be forced to pop D early to save a small number of people, putting you in a bad position because your only big heal is now on cooldown and also lowering your total healing number and then you also lose people, which both kills the spread of your Q and your ability to get bigger numbers since you are healing less people.

Basically Stukov can really put out high numbers if he can keep just Q->5 target D and will put out low numbers if he can't get close to that and whether or not he can do that is entirely dependent on whether your team is all staying alive and healthy enough for you to make it through that entire combo and that generally only happens if you are doing really well in fights.

In general, from a "How strong is Stukov really?" perspective I'd say he's solid but definitely has a kind of niche. He's not like the all-encompassing OP healer his numbers sometimes suggest he is. His healing potential is huge but he's not actually that great at saving people or single-target healing like, say, an Uther is. He has good pseudo-burst healing, especially because it's potentially team-wide, but it has a long cooldown and a long setup time. That makes it difficult for him to make clutch saving heals. He's sorta like half Lucio, half Uther. He's got decent burst healing to give the entire team a big shot of health if it's needed, but he can't deploy it quickly and otherwise he's basically just rolling slow healing over everyone constantly.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    i feel auriel is much farther on that end of the spectrum than stukov

I dunno -- when I quickplay as Auriel, there's usually at least one person I can latch onto to provide decent healing for the team. That's just not true for Stukov, from experience. He demands synergy.

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Tried a game as Medivh for the first time. He's strange in that he feels like he can do a lot of things, just none of them very well. Lost the game (Rhegar, Malf, Xul, Valeera, me...lol QM), but I did complete the Master's Touch quest so there's that.

Dover, you say you want to improve your hero pool, and then you do choose heroes like Medivh...

NotLikeThis

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Got an e-mail saying I won the 5-box prize tier from the sweepstakes. Not too bad.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    They should've made this one of Thrall's ults:

Fucker cheats at Mak'Gora, and Garrosh is the bad guy.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    lost a game on towers of doom because we forced bad fight after bad fight under towers instead of capturing objectives. guy whispers me "play ranked if you want to try hard"

if try hard is "WALK AT HIGHLIGHTED THING ON MAP, CLICK ON THING" blizzard should shut this game down.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »

Speaking of which, one of Garrosh's ultimates should be:

Mak'gora: Garrosh challenges an enemy hero. Both are rooted in place and use basic attacks on each other until one dies. Both Garrosh and his opponent are invulnerable to any other sources of damage until Mak'gora is resolved.

• Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    Woohoo! Won one of the 50 box prizes!

Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My favorite cinematic from WC3 and TFT is actually Arthas' return to Lordaeron.

But the in game lore is clearly that your favorite cinematic is Garrosh killing Mannoroth and then deciding that dodging is what babies do.

It's haunting you can see what happened and hear ghostly voices in wow if you go to the throne room of Lordaeron

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »

Speaking of which, one of Garrosh's ultimates should be:

Mak'gora: Garrosh challenges an enemy hero. Both are rooted in place and use basic attacks on each other until one dies. Both Garrosh and his opponent are invulnerable to any other sources of damage until Mak'gora is resolved.

Lvl 20 upgrade is called Magatha's blessing, and makes his aa during Mak'Gora leave a stacking -1% attack speed debuff, stackable to 100%.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Also playing Hammer with all these Stukovs around turns out to be super bad idea.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Just had a 47 minute game on Haunted Mines where we came back from only having our core for the last ~20 minutes of the game when they still had both their keeps and they got ~66 skeletons twice in a row. Insanity. (QM Murky)

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Tried a game as Medivh for the first time. He's strange in that he feels like he can do a lot of things, just none of them very well. Lost the game (Rhegar, Malf, Xul, Valeera, me...lol QM), but I did complete the Master's Touch quest so there's that.

Dover, you say you want to improve your hero pool, and then you do choose heroes like Medivh...

NotLikeThis

You know what, yeah...like this! Medivh main 4 lyfe!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular

NotLikeThis

You know what, yeah...like this! Medivh main 4 lyfe!

Medivh is a nightmare when your teammates don't cooperate. Sighing and then nearly slumping out of the chair.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Internets: "I don't want Garrosh in HotS!!!!"

Garrosh:
    mjmFXZk.png

8-)

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    Hey I won5 loot chests

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Saw Maltheal was in the rotation last night do I tried taking him for a spin in vs AI to get a feel for him. He felt really squishy and Jaina was eating his lunch. Is he very team reliant?

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    My Greymane exists in a weird space where if I go full potato, I end up getting carried to victory, but if I do well and top dmg I end up losing

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    finnith wrote: »
    My Greymane exists in a weird space where if I go full potato, I end up getting carried to victory, but if I do well and top dmg I end up losing

I turned in a real good Greymane game a while ago with a Valeera constantly shit-talking me for not killing more people. We won, but I know what you're talking about.

I think it's an expected-behavior thing: you win games if you act like people think Greymane should.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Saw Maltheal was in the rotation last night do I tried taking him for a spin in vs AI to get a feel for him. He felt really squishy and Jaina was eating his lunch. Is he very team reliant?

Malthael is far from squishy, it's just that Jaina is literally one of his worst matchups.

Dude is tanky as all fuck cause of his massive self-healing, but he's weak against ranged and specifically Jaina. Jaina can keep him slowed and pelt him from afar and never let him actually tag her/get on her.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Malth is also stronger in big team fights where he can drain multiple targets, which might not be as common in ai games given they are usually spread out everywhere

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    So next Tuesday about should be when Stukov drops in price right? And thats also when the summer event ends right?

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Sigh another orc

When do we get a draenei...blizz plz qq

• Options
    Okay that might explain it, rotating lanes doesn't exist in vs AI so I was stuck in a bad lane, and the rest of the team would refuse to commit for team fights.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Sigh another orc

Inc next hero Garona :3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I also won boxes. But when I logged in they were not there. Looked on forums and it said they had an issue where some players got their boxes given to the wrong regions. Heh.

• Options
    I would like a Draenei ret paladin a lot. Yrel would be good for that. They could use the paladin class leader guy for a tank, but that's going to end up really similar to Johanna.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Sigh another orc

Seriously... anything but Orc for the next whole year please... until Fall 2018.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    yrel, velen, maraad, my oc, whoever just make a damn draenei

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I would like a Draenei ret paladin a lot. Yrel would be good for that. They could use the paladin class leader guy for a tank, but that's going to end up really similar to Johanna.

My money's on Tyrion as far as ret paladin goes to avoid having two paladins share the whole Two Handed Hammer gig, which doesn't fix the Draenei issue. I liked Maraad a lot for the Draenei and would love to see him personally, but again I worry about the hammer thing. I imagine Archimonde or K'J will be more likely what we get if we ever fill the space goat slot.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I'm always amazed people like the draenei. I was way more interested in them when they were "just" the broken

• Options
    Aponi it should be cause Tauren>>>>Space Goats.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

There's already a Tauren in the game tho!

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    So next Tuesday about should be when Stukov drops in price right? And thats also when the summer event ends right?

I looked this up last night - the event ends on the 28th. Still have a week to pick stuff up.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Jubal77 wrote: »

There's already a Tauren in the game tho!

Well how about Velen the Priest? Disc priest, as it is now, could be fun in HOTS. Throwing Power Word Shields and healing whoever they healed in recent past based on the damage they do.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    True, Tyrion is probably the inevitable ret pally, I forgot about him.

Though, if that "leak" is real, we're going to get kel'thuzad, firebat, anna, junkrat, alexstraza for the rest of the year. i'd be pretty ok with that lineup if it is true.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I'm always amazed people like the draenei. I was way more interested in them when they were "just" the broken

The Broken are interesting, but as I joined in on Warcraft way late my only exposure to them was questing through the marshy part of Outland (after having played some 65 levels as a Draenei).

Also I'm biased towards satyrs for what should be obvious reasons.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Aponi's a Holy paladin though, so she'd be stepping on Uther's toes

I could see Liadrin or Maraad for a Retribution paladin though.

• Options
    She only talent changed in Legion because they needed healers tho! :) She always had a two hander prior to Legion.