As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Completely original [Chat] about beloved childhood books.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Those are all good sandwiches, bront

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Also we're a bunch of bougie bitches and we're not wearing birth control glasses

I still have mine. They are nearly indestructible.

I'm glad that you and JRX got the reference

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    hWZ9IBJl.jpg
    even i cannot understand how this passes as a breakfast

This is dessert

I'm taking a stand because words have meanings

dessert being breakfast was inevitable ever since the Dutch invented donuts and Belgians invented waffles

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    how can you declutter your room if you don't first declutter your soul and also rent an industrial garbage bin

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I will say, I think Apo keeps asking because the responses to his questions have been confused, incoherent, inconsistent, and unsatisfying, specifically in this area.

I have seen many discussions on this point and never grasped the argument of the side I myself tend to be politically aligned with.

What happens is the discussion starts, and work or time zones intervene, and it is not satisfactorily concluded

I think there is probably a nugget of thought on cultural appropriation that I agree with wholeheartedly, but I think there is a lot that I probably am not willing to align with (I've mentioned recently that I've been thinking of buying some keffiyehs, and have as a result fallen down a weird hole of this stuff that has mostly left me confused).

How do you intend to wear the keffiyeh and what do you expect it to signify? I feel like often people use it to signal a political position on the middle east.

However I feel like at the time. I'm not buying the one with the political pattern, obviously(?). It isn't intended to signal a position, really, it's mostly wanting a more versatile scarf and liking some of the patterns that the Hirbawi factory puts out.

(Also, I got one years ago for camping, because it keeps dust out of my face and eyes, and I feel guilty about buying a mass produced Chinese one in retrospect, so it's sort of an atonement for that)

hmmm wait maybe I actually don't know what a keffiyeh is

not that black and white thing often seen here as a neckscarf? Is it just sort of a generic scarf?

spl325-18_1.jpg

????

Right, so this was part of my confusion

You see a lot of stuff about keffiyehs as symbols of palestinian solidarity, and cultural icons (and appropriation being involved). But the more I dig into it, the more it seems like keffiyehs are... ~120cm square cotton scarves that are worn all over the middle east (because obviously they are, they're useful!) that are not easily distinguished from other square scarves, except that Yassir Arafat always wore a keffiyeh in a very specific pattern that has consequently become the symbol of solidarity (or of terrorist sympathization, if you're super extreme. I've seen many things argued!).

So it's this weird space where "keffiyeh" is generally a sort of generic scarf that tends to have certain historical patterns, but it also has this specific type that has specific meaning, and then you get this sort of gray area where people use other ones in a similar manner and it's all ???

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I wonder...

Will Pepe be in the history books of the future in the same way that fascist propoaganda of the teens, 20s and thirties are today?

I follow a bunch of tattoo artists on social media and one of the ones I follow is working with a client on a cover-up for a tattoo he got several years ago

of a Pepe

It was a more innocent time! When a Pepe tattoo was simply just a very rare Pepe and not literally a symbol of fascism, so naturally the guy wants that shit covered up as he now accidentally has a twenty-first century swastika tattoo.

They're gonna figure something out.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    As much as I get low key genuinely depressed and angry about the extent to which the internet has been turned into s fucking store, I think things like the erasure of whole communities from the art historical record of genres is the sort of thing the internet is very good at pushing back against.

Not just in real time but old photos demonstrating, like, "well actually a bunch of queer kids / whoever were instrumental in making this thing that Europeans later imported and re-sold back to Americans" can be rescued from the bottom of a shoebox, scanned, uploaded, and get propagated out rapidly.

Americans are incredibly touchy about the idea of elitism so there's this bizarre yet constant demand for trivialized novelties to be sold for viewing to people with no skin in the game. I don't know a smiley face way to say that -- people want a cleaned up version of something that needs to be tended inside of a cultural greenhouse by a minimum critical mass of people who are invested, but when you rip the art out of that environment, the yahoos and looky-loos either scoff at what they know is as flimsy a cash grab as everything else they've bought or they turn it into a Disney Vegas shitshow for three years and declare it passé.

I want the historical record to show the people who actually tended to the living thing so that the next generation of people ready to break ranks with the passive audience and start giving a shit will be buoyed by the trail that they realize stretches backward behind for lifetimes.

This is probably one of the biggest positive influences of the internet: reclamation projects. I'm afraid we are starting to slide back towards a more centralized cultural experience as the internet matures, but lots of good work has been done to show that all of this great art is connected to the material circumstances of people who care deeply about, not only being creative, but fostering a space for themselves and others like them (even if the culture at large was indifferent or hostile at the time).
    hWZ9IBJl.jpg

This is dessert

Nuuuuuuññññeeeezzzzzzzzz

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    I will say, I think Apo keeps asking because the responses to his questions have been confused, incoherent, inconsistent, and unsatisfying, specifically in this area.

I have seen many discussions on this point and never grasped the argument of the side I myself tend to be politically aligned with.

What happens is the discussion starts, and work or time zones intervene, and it is not satisfactorily concluded

I think there is probably a nugget of thought on cultural appropriation that I agree with wholeheartedly, but I think there is a lot that I probably am not willing to align with (I've mentioned recently that I've been thinking of buying some keffiyehs, and have as a result fallen down a weird hole of this stuff that has mostly left me confused).
    Appropriate away. I'm kind of down with cultural appropriation, it is often how we get new and interesting takes on things. It's also how we got modern BBQ.

You can have cultural exchange without being appropriative; the issue isn't that modern BBQ exists, but that presumably the originating culture hasn't received just compense for their contribution to the greater BBQ zeitgeist.
    ...I mean we did appropriate it from slaves without rights...

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    what if i told you cultural appropriation is a tool of the capitalist machine

giphy.gif

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    The thing with pepe though is that I still see people who are not alt right using the words feelsbadman (which is a pepe reference) and using monkaS and other such emotes in twitch chat

...I still use feelsbadman but I guess only in private discourse with my husband because I understand that it has all these cultural implications now

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    hWZ9IBJl.jpg

are you at cafe du monde

no, that's a picture someone else on the interwebs took.
    i havent been to Louisiana in a while

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Saw this posted today by a buddy of mine. This very much reminded me of my conversations about the need for god with @spool32 . Hit pretty much right on the money on a lot of my base belief system.

This is a little spoilery for Rick and Morty if you haven't seen it. And if you haven't seen Rick and Morty, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez1rWBPznEc&feature=share

cptrugged on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    LASIK is dope if you can afford the up front

Cheaper than glasses or contacts long term

The ROI on buying contacts (based on what I paid for astigmatic lenses and what I paid for LASIK) is like 16 years, though. I guess sooner if you factor in contact solution, but it's entirely possible that I'll need glasses again by then. If you factor in a pair of glasses every 2-3 years, that figure only drops to 14 years.

It's a convenience thing, not an investment.

Glasses every couple years for me was 4-500, LASIK all told was 3k?

Its a convenience thing, but i don't agree that the economics of it are as dismal as you're making out

I guess I paid more for LASIK and way less for glasses than you.

That's still a 12-year ROI, though, right?

$500/2 years = $250/year
    $3000 / $250 = 12

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    what if i told you cultural appropriation is a tool of the capitalist machine

why hello

• Options
    I can't fight drafts with how shitty text editing is in iOS

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Man that just sorta reminds me of how when I was in middle school I listened to lots of electronic stuff.

Trance, D&B, Jungle, Industrial whatever you call stuff like Aphex Twin and Peaches and Lords of Acid.

But that was weird back then. People would make fun of that stuff.

Now electronic stuff is the most popular stuff.

It's always so weird how that works. The same stuff that was made fun of is now popular and listened to by those that made fun of it before.

It must be really lamentable, to be a queer poc and have your culture invaded by the same dudebros that said culture originally arose to provide refuge from

This is actually a really good case study in cultural appropriation. That people are forgetting its ties the gay community is the reason it's a problem (not that more people are making and enjoying the music).

Why is that a problem?

It's a problem because it's another way that a marginalized group has their contributions to art and culture denied.

It's a problem because it's another way that a historically othered group continues to be othered.

It's a problem because it's another way the dominant group asserts its cultural hegemony.

What do you mean? Denied how?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

how many times have we had this argument

do you really think there's some three-line post that will answer your questions, or is this a skoofum style "what i mean by i don't understand is that i don't agree" way of sliding into an argumentative lecture
    Man that just sorta reminds me of how when I was in middle school I listened to lots of electronic stuff.

Trance, D&B, Jungle, Industrial whatever you call stuff like Aphex Twin and Peaches and Lords of Acid.

It's always so weird how that works. The same stuff that was made fun of is now popular and listened to by those that made fun of it before.

It must be really lamentable, to be a queer poc and have your culture invaded by the same dudebros that said culture originally arose to provide refuge from

This is actually a really good case study in cultural appropriation. That people are forgetting its ties the gay community is the reason it's a problem (not that more people are making and enjoying the music).

Why is that a problem?

It's a problem because it's another way that a marginalized group has their contributions to art and culture denied.

It's a problem because it's another way that a historically othered group continues to be othered.

It's a problem because it's another way the dominant group asserts its cultural hegemony.

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

I'm going to be honest, I'm having a real hard time wanting to engage you on this topic due to past interactions. Literally all of these questions have been answered in previous posts on the subject.

I guess there's little that upsets people as much as difficulty articulating their own beliefs, as I said, my questions were in earnest

While you're always pretty civil about it, often moreso than your interlocutors, when you know someone means "that's bullshit" by asking you Socratic questions, it's irritating and can come off as hostile/disingenuous. For this question what you're basically asking is "engage in an extended discussion about identity politics, cultural appropriation, and the various interpenetrative issues with empirical data vs introspection vs unstudied problems vs the lack of credibility of marginalized groups"

That's a big ask! I know that the alternative is to have people bounce their ideas around the echo chamber, and certainly people ARE vexed by how hard it is to articulate the ideas they easily allude to, but that's not the whole issue. To be repeatedly asked to justify one's entire set of beliefs every time the issue comes up is exhausting.

This is why we should make a thread about it when repeated discussions like this come up in chat, IMO, though I know I am as guilty as anyone else of not doing so.

Thank you for the acknowledgement of relative civility, it is something toward which I actively and obviously imperfectly work toward. I acknowledge that Socratic questioning can be obvious and aggressive, but as I say, I was not in this instance being anything but earnest.

My thoroughgoing position is probably obvious enough for now - that we ought be able to explain the details of why we think something as a general principle. And the other commonality is that most of the arguments we have is due to disagreements at some more fundamental level - not talking about that actual disagreement is essentially talking past one another or duelling assertions (which is convincing to no one and it occurrence is often apparent to neither party).

But regarding your conclusion, I agree we ought have more threads to discuss issues in depth, but there are also zero threads of substance these days and given how anything that courts controversy is quickly closed I thought they were more or less discouraged. But that is probably misreading the climate

Mod controls on contentious threads are tight, and they will often end up closed because some idiot sparks an argument with a harsher tone, or a dogpile starts and one person just gets frustrated and starts lashing out. I think that has definitely had a chilling effect on non-political threads of substance--a combination of forumers not wanting to recycle nasty discussions and mods not wanting to spend inordinate amounts of time watching twenty intense threads about vegetarian abortion atheists or whatever.

I am always tentative about making threads because, if you get engaged, they can suck up more time than the forums already do, though that can be productive, interesting time depending on the responses you get.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    watch that video I posted y'all

It really encapsulates the whole cultural appropriation discussion nicely!

• Options
    As much as I get low key genuinely depressed and angry about the extent to which the internet has been turned into s fucking store, I think things like the erasure of whole communities from the art historical record of genres is the sort of thing the internet is very good at pushing back against.

Not just in real time but old photos demonstrating, like, "well actually a bunch of queer kids / whoever were instrumental in making this thing that Europeans later imported and re-sold back to Americans" can be rescued from the bottom of a shoebox, scanned, uploaded, and get propagated out rapidly.

Americans are incredibly touchy about the idea of elitism so there's this bizarre yet constant demand for trivialized novelties to be sold for viewing to people with no skin in the game. I don't know a smiley face way to say that -- people want a cleaned up version of something that needs to be tended inside of a cultural greenhouse by a minimum critical mass of people who are invested, but when you rip the art out of that environment, the yahoos and looky-loos either scoff at what they know is as flimsy a cash grab as everything else they've bought or they turn it into a Disney Vegas shitshow for three years and declare it passé.

I want the historical record to show the people who actually tended to the living thing so that the next generation of people ready to break ranks with the passive audience and start giving a shit will be buoyed by the trail that they realize stretches backward behind for lifetimes.

This is probably one of the biggest positive influences of the internet: reclamation projects. I'm afraid we are starting to slide back towards a more centralized cultural experience as the internet matures, but lots of good work has been done to show that all of this great art is connected to the material circumstances of people who care deeply about, not only being creative, but fostering a space for themselves and others like them (even if the culture at large was indifferent or hostile at the time).

Don't worry I brought two balaclavas let's go do not bring recording devices

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

just ride the draft wave

what makes a draft unworthy of posting anyway

is it not a moment that makes up the you that is YOU

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    ugh the wahoo thing

that one is so cut and dry ugh

sig.gif
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

How do you intend to wear the keffiyeh and what do you expect it to signify? I feel like often people use it to signal a political position on the middle east.

However I feel like at the time. I'm not buying the one with the political pattern, obviously(?). It isn't intended to signal a position, really, it's mostly wanting a more versatile scarf and liking some of the patterns that the Hirbawi factory puts out.

(Also, I got one years ago for camping, because it keeps dust out of my face and eyes, and I feel guilty about buying a mass produced Chinese one in retrospect, so it's sort of an atonement for that)

not that black and white thing often seen here as a neckscarf? Is it just sort of a generic scarf?

spl325-18_1.jpg

????

You see a lot of stuff about keffiyehs as symbols of palestinian solidarity, and cultural icons (and appropriation being involved). But the more I dig into it, the more it seems like keffiyehs are... ~120cm square cotton scarves that are worn all over the middle east (because obviously they are, they're useful!) that are not easily distinguished from other square scarves, except that Yassir Arafat always wore a keffiyeh in a very specific pattern that has consequently become the symbol of solidarity (or of terrorist sympathization, if you're super extreme. I've seen many things argued!).

So it's this weird space where "keffiyeh" is generally a sort of generic scarf that tends to have certain historical patterns, but it also has this specific type that has specific meaning, and then you get this sort of gray area where people use other ones in a similar manner and it's all ???

oh interesting

well I have decided you should get some of these fantastically Russian-patterned floral headscarves if possible; I think you could make it work with the whole long skirt look

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I've yet to see any argument for cultural appropriation being bad that was consistent

my conclusion has been that the cultural appropriation itself is totally subsidiary to the thing that is actually a problem.

summed quickly up as: it cannot be argued that cultural appropriation is negative in and of itself. When talked about here it seems usually to be that the thing that makes it bad in a specific case is if it involves marginalizing. Way I see it, that's the appropriate thing to call attention to: the marginalizing effect, or disrespect or offence, et cetera.

Because I am vehemently against the concept of "my culture is not theirs to steal" being a thing. To me it sounds like the basic underlying idea of anti-integration and anti-multiculturalism. Which is what I mean about inconsitency: It's only a problem when it is problematic, ie, for another reason than that idea.

to sum it up even quicker: why is the white man red is not problematic because white americans are not allowed to touch native american culture, it's because it's an insult wrapped in caricature.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I am not doing super great right now actually, I have had some Personal Revelations that make it very difficult for me to sleep so I've caught about five hours in two days, and it was not a good five hours. Also there's... stuff about a colleague at one of my jobs I can't talk about that is very stressful.

BUT after I mentioned that maybe it was time for me to move past bad webcomics, Donkey Kong sent me some primo shit, so now I have that joy again

• Options
    or is it caricature wrapped in an insult?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

desc's drafts now own desc's account. sorry, desc - those are the rules.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Why is that a problem?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

do you really think there's some three-line post that will answer your questions, or is this a skoofum style "what i mean by i don't understand is that i don't agree" way of sliding into an argumentative lecture

Why is that a problem?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

I'm going to be honest, I'm having a real hard time wanting to engage you on this topic due to past interactions. Literally all of these questions have been answered in previous posts on the subject.

I guess there's little that upsets people as much as difficulty articulating their own beliefs, as I said, my questions were in earnest

While you're always pretty civil about it, often moreso than your interlocutors, when you know someone means "that's bullshit" by asking you Socratic questions, it's irritating and can come off as hostile/disingenuous. For this question what you're basically asking is "engage in an extended discussion about identity politics, cultural appropriation, and the various interpenetrative issues with empirical data vs introspection vs unstudied problems vs the lack of credibility of marginalized groups"

That's a big ask! I know that the alternative is to have people bounce their ideas around the echo chamber, and certainly people ARE vexed by how hard it is to articulate the ideas they easily allude to, but that's not the whole issue. To be repeatedly asked to justify one's entire set of beliefs every time the issue comes up is exhausting.

This is why we should make a thread about it when repeated discussions like this come up in chat, IMO, though I know I am as guilty as anyone else of not doing so.

Thank you for the acknowledgement of relative civility, it is something toward which I actively and obviously imperfectly work toward. I acknowledge that Socratic questioning can be obvious and aggressive, but as I say, I was not in this instance being anything but earnest.

My thoroughgoing position is probably obvious enough for now - that we ought be able to explain the details of why we think something as a general principle. And the other commonality is that most of the arguments we have is due to disagreements at some more fundamental level - not talking about that actual disagreement is essentially talking past one another or duelling assertions (which is convincing to no one and it occurrence is often apparent to neither party).

But regarding your conclusion, I agree we ought have more threads to discuss issues in depth, but there are also zero threads of substance these days and given how anything that courts controversy is quickly closed I thought they were more or less discouraged. But that is probably misreading the climate

The bolded seems really obviously untrue, though? Both from a "how brains work" perspective of remembering information fuzzily but not knowing sources, and because it tends to weight very heavily against any discussion that involves emotion or "justness" even though those are huge drivers of why things are felt but super hard to explain.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

are they?

are they really all good sandwiches?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

Why is that a problem?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

Why is that a problem?

How does that relate?

Again, explain.

Oh no, no. I'm gonna skip the point about people being able to articulate their beliefs, it's a debate forum and plenty of people can do it and some can't, but that's irrelevant. That's not what the chat threads is for, at all. No one is here to be tested on their beliefs and they're not expected to be subjected to a question and answer session to the satisfaction of anyone else. You can articulate your thoughts if you want, but no one else is required to play along with any line of discussion they wish no part of. This is a hangout spot, not the comments section of an econ blog.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The best part of New Orleans is uptown; grabbing a gallon of frozen daq from a to-go spot then watching the mississippi from the levee

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

are they?

are they really all good sandwiches?

They are, in fact, churros.

• Options
    hWZ9IBJl.jpg

This is dessert

Breakfast
    noun
    1.the first meal of the day; morning meal:

ITS FRIED CAKE UNDER A LITERAL PILE OF SUGAR

IM GOING TO FIGHT POSTMODERNISM

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    hWZ9IBJl.jpg

This is dessert

Breakfast
    noun
    1.the first meal of the day; morning meal:

ITS FRIED CAKE UNDER A LITERAL PILE OF SUGAR

IM GOING TO FIGHT POSTMODERNISM

i mean, what is a pancake

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

spl325-18_1.jpg

????

oh interesting

well I have decided you should get some of these fantastically Russian-patterned floral headscarves if possible; I think you could make it work with the whole long skirt look

I mean the one you linked would go kind of amazingly with that sort of quilted black-and-autumn skirt I love

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Appropriate away. I'm kind of down with cultural appropriation, it is often how we get new and interesting takes on things. It's also how we got modern BBQ.

You can have cultural exchange without being appropriative; the issue isn't that modern BBQ exists, but that presumably the originating culture hasn't received just compense for their contribution to the greater BBQ zeitgeist.

.... Greater BBQ Zeitgeist....

*adds to list of potential band names*

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Geth, kick @Apothe0sis from the thread.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Elki. @Apothe0sis banned from this thread.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I have one that I got through basically the only channel that means you can vote something that's not deeply red, since I got mine in the army because it's a useful thing

Right, and I do not know what's up with it internationally or even all over the US, but in my circles it's something that you'd wear if you were, like, a jew who is super into palestine? Or presumably a non-jew who is super into palestine, I suppose. And it definitely has that political signalling whether or not you want that.

I also haven't seen one in forever so maybe they're passe.

here it's part of the standard uniform of left-wing youth (raddiser, as a diminutive of radikale) and definitely signals support for palestine and criticism of israel.

or

you were in the army because keffiyehs have been adopted by soldiers in all of NATO now because, y'know, there's been a lot of fighting in arid climes.

as a secondary point, army types are p much the only ones who will call them keffiyehs. They're just palestina-scarves elsewhere.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017

what would just compense entail?

EDIT: like, wide recognition of the history, or something else?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    they had a really good daiquiri place here. small mom and pop one by the riverfront but the city wouldnt renew the lease because they were turning the area into a park.
    there's a new one down the road from it but its a big chain place and it just doesnt have that ambience

Bless your heart.
This discussion has been closed.