As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] New story event with Duke and Mystea! Get your crysts, and fan festa rewards

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The login reward was enough to get Onion Knight's TMR finished this morning.

Onion Cutter takes a while to animate!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Hi5, did the exact same with mine. Sad to see that even with a perfect dual onion cutter chain it doesn't hit nearly as hard as dual Tidus chaining even without his LB imperil. Oh well, still glad I pulled him, he'll be much better once we get his enhancements.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Don't forget to spend your wind fangs now before maintenance. And if you spent them already, double check that you spent the 5000 compensation.

God damn it. Why do I always think this switches over on Fridays????

There goes 35860 wind fangs for gil.

urahonky on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Free daily summon, blue crystal shattered all the way to rainbow and revealed a Delita. I don't have much use for him, or his TM, but a rainbow is a rainbow.

With the double Werei yesterday and the Delita today, I wonder how many Shadows I'm going to pull when I start spending these 70+ summon tickets.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Sometimes it's not bad to sell event currency. I did it with the titan raid and now I'm sitting on 11 mil even after some enhancements. The Shadow Lord coins are going for 50 a pop, I'm tempted to sell a stack for the 5 million gil.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Sometimes it's not bad to sell event currency. I did it with the titan raid and now I'm sitting on 11 mil even after some enhancements. The Shadow Lord coins are going for 50 a pop, I'm tempted to sell a stack for the 5 million gil.

I'm thinking about it too. I don't have anyone to level right now and have a ton of cactuars still, and I've already made the only equipment I wanted (two guns for Amelia).

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    For the raid, I strongly suggest you pull any accumulated coins today while we have the "Boosted enhancements!" rate up for merging cactuars. The increase in EXP from merging is real -- about half of the time you'll get a "Great Success" which makes a big difference. Not useful if you have no need to level units, of course, but if you DO, then now is the time to exploit it.

From tomorrow onward, it's going to be much more tempting to just sell the raid coins simply because the summon rates for 'tuars and gil snappers isn't so great to make up for dealing with the otherwise useless mats.

Since we have no news this week, I'm curious if we're going to get another "surprise" event like we did this past week, where the half-cost dungeons and boosted enhancement rates showed up on Friday after the reset. Also, the Tokyo Game Show is going on right now, and FFBE folks are there, so I wouldn't be surprised if the slow week is closely related to stuff like that... "business stuff"

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hum. well so far I'm not all that seriously impressed by FV (Fixed dice build). I can see how it will be useful for certain bosses because of the FD mechanic, but im not sure its worth swapping him out for Olive on a permanent basis yet.

Maybe it will be different if i can perfect chain it...but atm i simply cant.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So, any of the equipment on the raid any good? To know what to spend materials on and stuff.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Last day of the 1/2 energy week. I should really get around to beating Sol.

[edit] I hate how inconsistent Fixed Dice is. I have it farmed for FV, and I used it a bit during the Nier raid, but I kept getting annoyed that the Nier raid boss wouldn't die on the turn I expected it to die.

It's why I don't use Ace either. Fuck RNG. I'm sort of annoyed I got Fixed Dice instead of something else.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I have been hammering story all week. Have made it from near the end of Zoldaad to starting Pharm. It's also been good for rank, have ranked up in the mid-50s every day this week.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Are we not getting any special banners for the 30th Anniversery of FF? or was that just part of the one year FFBE anniversery stuff?

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    So, any of the equipment on the raid any good? To know what to spend materials on and stuff.

If you have a Shantotto get all of her exclusive gear. The throwing weapon is nice if you need that particular niche (best stopgap for Light Veritas until one can make a Hope TMR). The guns are apparently worthwhile. EggyToast made a nice review article on Reddit on this particular topic!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    It is very strange that they haven't announced a banner or event in the app yet. They did do an update video on their YouTube channel that told us the Ayaka banner is coming, so why not put the details in the app? Most banner / event announcements come on Tuesday or Wednesday, but we're on Thursday after maintenence and nothing in the app about what's coming tomorrow.

Unless they really want to surprise us, I'm just under the assumption that it's the Ayaka banner and the story event. Still not sure why the news isn"t in the app, though.

• Options
    I thought the Ayaka banner was "early October?"

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I thought the Ayaka banner was "early October?"

Did they say that? I'm used to whatever is on the updaye video to be that week. It's possible that's the case. If so, then I hope there's a surprise because no banner and no event is boring

• Options
    GrainGrain Registered User regular
    Just picked this up today. Seems interesting and I'm a big fan of FF. Been playing Record Keeper for awhile. This seems different, but is it different enough to justify playing?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

White: 1721-3651-2720
  • Options
    I believe FFBE has significantly more depth compared to Record Keeper, primarily due to the fact that each unit has a variety of abilities and there's a wide variety of equipment slots. There's no timer so you can play at your own pace, and different units result in different play styles and strategies. I've been playing for almost a year and have generally enjoyed it overall.

A large number of units are unique to the game, and not FF units, but they are at least in the old-school FF style.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    The biggest difference is the time investment required; stamina regenerates faster in FFRK but it takes much less time to dump it all. And FFRK doesn't have Farming-style events (apart from quarterly Orbfests, which still don't take much time or effort at all to dump stamina) where you've got to grind bosses or currency for 8-10 days at a time.

• Options
    Yeah I dropped FFRK for this game about a year ago and haven't looked back. FFRK was a great game, but this one is so much better if only because there's no ATB.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    An important thing to note is that FFRK is driven primarily by nostalgia, so everything comes from other FF games. FFBE is considered by its makers to be its own FF game, so it has a considerable number of unique characters in addition to those from prior titles.

• Options
    As someone who just started giving FFRK a try after playing FFBE for a while, I don't think I'll be sticking with FFRK. reading the forum makes me feel like a newbie walking into the middle of a magic the gathering high level tournament...its very....very...strategic.....and while sure FFBE is as well, the turn based vs ATB nature of it lets it feel more like a mobile game...its less frantic, its easier to put the phone down and pick up right where you left off. It's also a shitload less loading screens. FFBE feels more like you are playing an early FF series gameplay FF game...FFRK feels more sloggish and complicated...maybe some of that is because it already had a bunch of options added to it when i started, but overall i still think FFBE can be just as complicated while still feeling like a simpler time. Also, i think the idea of playing gatchas for units is more exciting then gotchas for equipment. I didnt have a favorite weapon or suit of armor or even a favorite spell or ability while playing FF games, I had favorite Characters.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    So, Gumi's webservers got hacked. And somehow, we all have 5k more lapis.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/71lvk0/gumi_website_hacked/

Edit: And, now we're in maintenance!

EggyToast on
  • Options
    Ah is that why I'm getting the maintenance message again?

• Options
    Aaaaaand now emergency maintenance.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Hah was just coming to ask about maintenance...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can never imagine what kind of maladjusted tool seeks to ruin not only a game company, but also waste the time of the playerbase. I'm TM farming right now, damn it!

• Options
    I wonder if I should have spent that 5000 lapis....

• Options
    EggyToast wrote: »
    So, Gumi's webservers got hacked. And somehow, we all have 5k more lapis.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/71lvk0/gumi_website_hacked/

Edit: And, now we're in maintenance!

Oooh, so that's the secret event!

• Options
    I wonder if I should have spent that 5000 lapis....

I don't think the lapis was sent by the hacker. All he got ahold of was the website.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    kinda annoyed by this, had almost full nrg because of some last minute crap after work.

• Options
    My raid orbs were filling up, but I already got the 10% moogle so it's all about keeping the rank over 30k now. Which no one else can increase now either, so no big.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Their website no longer seems to be hacked.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I had just used all my orbs and was pulling with raid coins to take advantage of the increased exp from Great Enhancements. Ah well, guess my Shantotto, Victoria#2, and Ashe#2 will just get the regular amount of EXP from Cactuars.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    the new message is an indefinite maitenence? nice....

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I was one Chamber of Gems run away from refilling my energy and raid orbs via level up..

• Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    the new message is an indefinite maitenence? nice....

They need to make sure the issue is contained, there is no ongoing intrusion, make sure no long term damage was done, check on account information... I mean, yeah, I expect it'll be down for a while. The amount of salt on their FB page is delicious, though.

• Options
    I'm slightly thankful. Now I can relax a bit on the raid and not worry about losing rank

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    But I was taking a nap :/

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well things have certainly gone to shit. People on Reddit/the FFBE forums are discussing how this could have happened and I don't think its as serious as the hacker wants them to think. Their data is stored on separate servers then their website, and it looks like its all stored on Amazon's cloud service. So unless these people hacked Amazon, they didn't get the actual game data. And since this is through the IOS and Google app stores, payment data should be stored on their sites. So our data is safe.

Thankfully this might not be so bad. Though if Gumi had any documents of company information saved on the same server, they could be leaked and the games source code might be on there as well.