As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Neo-[Tech Thread] for the cyberpunk present where Net Neutrality has been murdered

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    There are some of these things (notably software bullshit) that they can patch. The problem is that they're already over time and budget, and Elon is being combative with... everyone, but especially investors. That's bad! You might need to ask them for more runway!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Every website I've ever joined has emailed me in the last month to update their privacy policy, etc. Even like sites I haven't visited more than once almost a decade ago.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Every website I've ever joined has emailed me in the last month to update their privacy policy, etc. Even like sites I haven't visited more than once almost a decade ago.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I thought I recognized the name somewhere

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    In have no love for Tesla but if they didn't made electric cars then Chevy would never made the Bolt.

And the Bolt is easily one of the best cars I've driven.

• Options
    I think Elon Musk was aware of what Pravda was.

I uh

I hope he was?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I think Elon Musk was aware of what Pravda was.

I uh

I hope he was?

yeah I ... kind of assumed that was a completely intentional word choice.
    He's an asshole, not a troglodyte.

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Looks like Pwn All The Things has, themselves, been Pwn'd

• Options
    It wasn't a very good joke.

• Options
    to be fair, everything I've read from him suggests he has the sense of humour of a peanut.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I'd forgotten Pravda was truth in Russian so I mean~~

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    it's just fucking assholes all the way down, man

• Options
    If I were Elon Musk's joke coach, and he had brought his hot fire Pravda joke to me, I would have said

"Elon" and then pinched the bridge of my nose and continued "What is the premise of this joke?"

And then Elon would have looked sad and gone off to sit on his own for a bit and workshop his joke

• Options
    If I were Elon Musk's joke coach, and he had brought his hot fire Pravda joke to me, I would have said

"Elon" and then pinched the bridge of my nose and continued "What is the premise of this joke?"

And then Elon would have looked sad and gone off to sit on his own for a bit and workshop his joke

every celebrity/billlionaire needs a social media team that they have to run their tweets by before they collide with the rest of the world

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

every celebrity/billlionaire needs a social media team that they have to run their tweets by before they collide with the rest of the world

The leader of our country has this team and yet look at where we are.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    just because they have a team, it doesn't mean they have to listen

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    you gotta take the phone away from them for their own good

wrestle it from them if you have to

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    just because they have a team, it doesn't mean they have to listen

Well they fucking ought

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    you gotta take the phone away from them for their own good

wrestle it from them if you have to

I could think of something else that could be wrested away from billionaires... comrade :^)

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Honestly I think it's more likely he would have chided you for lack of sense of humor (IE not sharing his) and then began looking for your replacement, after sending the tweet.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Celebrate Marx's 200th birthday by wrestling a billionaire.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Hey, at least some good is coming of this: http://pravda.zone/

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm looking at Logical Increments and why do all these "gamer" motherboards have to look fucking stupid. Just give me a good motherboard that doesn't have stupid leds and bits or random plastic pieces to make it look "cool"

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I'm looking at Logical Increments and why do all these "gamer" motherboards have to look fucking stupid. Just give me a good motherboard that doesn't have stupid leds and bits or random plastic pieces to make it look "cool"

oxPD02nh.jpg
    qb75Jl1h.jpg

GET RIPPED

• Options
    I don't want any of that! The case I get I plan to not have a window.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    it's not a motherboard unless it can also top your christmas tree

any REAL gamer knows this

• Options
    So I got an amazon package I did not order? An Aukey soundtank wireless speaker? Offical amazon packing, correct shipping label for me. Not a wrong person or address.

What should I do with it? Is there any scam I should be aware of about getting sent random Amazon things I did not pay for?

• Options
    very late secret santa?

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    You don't have an Alexa/echo in your house do you?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So I got an amazon package I did not order? An Aukey soundtank wireless speaker? Offical amazon packing, correct shipping label for me. Not a wrong person or address.

What should I do with it? Is there any scam I should be aware of about getting sent random Amazon things I did not pay for?

There are some scams related to receiving fraudulent packages where someone will try to get you to pay for them because they fucked up.

Seems weird to do it that way.

But if a fraudulent package arrives on your doorstep it's yours to keep.

Mind-Body-Spirit tried to do that to my Ex. They started sending her tons of packages then later sent a bill pretending like she "ordered" it. If it's similar to that scam just keep in mind you don't owe them a penny.

Probably not that though. I'd think it's probably more something closer to tynic's post.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I'm taking credit for this, happy celebration thingie Tim!

• Options
    So I chated with Amazon and gave them the long order number and they said someone named Ladarius selected my address when shipping it.

I haven't done a secret santa in a while because I always forget and miss the sign up windows. No idea. So odd.

• Options
    So I chated with Amazon and gave them the long order number and they said someone named Ladarius selected my address when shipping it.

I haven't done a secret santa in a while because I always forget and miss the sign up windows. No idea. So odd.

ah then maybe an accident from someone who has given you stuff in the past

god knows my amazon address book is full of forum homps.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    tynic wrote: »

Yeah maybe. Can't think who Ladarius would be. It had my middle initial as well on the shipping.

Any of you guys Ladarius?

I mean, Thanks Blake!

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    In other tech news, the thing I did order, which arrived today also from amazon but in a separate package, was a new mouse. I got a Logitech G305. I've never had a real "gaming" mouse before. It has a DPI switch! There is a program I can download to change the buttons! High DPI is way too high jesus!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I disabled the DPI switch button on mine. Also in my case it's sort of annoying it can't be programmed to be used as another generic mouse button.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Yeah maybe. Can't think who Ladarius would be. It had my middle initial as well on the shipping.

I mean, Thanks Blake!

Do you have a public wish list this might have come from?

Maybe someone decided to go through and buy some stuff for people. I think there's a football player named Ladarius so maybe he was feeling charitable or something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

I mean, Thanks Blake!

Do you have a public wish list this might have come from?

Maybe someone decided to go through and buy some stuff for people. I think there's a football player named Ladarius so maybe he was feeling charitable or something.

Naw. If that was the case I’d have gotten a bunch of MST3K volumes and Gunpla kits.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I remember hearing about a thing where someone will buy a product and ship it out randomly to a real address; they get to leave a verified review since the product was paid for and shipped, random person ends up with a free thing. Verified reviews are serious business it seems.

Just be glad it wasn't a sex toy I guess.

This discussion has been closed.