As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Super Bowl, PHI vs NE, Now On NBC.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    It did look like the ball was briefly loose so it's how you want to define "possession" for this super fringe case.

The better rule to change would be for fumbles that roll out the endzone like that to not be automatic turnovers but to spot the ball at the 1 yard line/spot of the fumble. Or am I missing some obvious exploit were that to be the rule?

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I don't need to be
    GFAxkNC.png
    His hands are off the ball and its moving. He doesn't have firm control and the ball moves out of his control as he's hitting the ground oob.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    It did look like the ball was briefly loose so it's how you want to define "possession" for this super fringe case.

The better rule to change would be for fumbles that roll out the endzone like that to not be automatic turnovers but to spot the ball at the 1 yard line/spot of the fumble. Or am I missing some obvious exploit were that to be the rule?

It should probably be changed to be like other kinds of fumbles forward where they don't want to give an advantage to the fumbling team. In that case it could be spotted to where it was fumbled, which would usually be inside the 1 in this situation.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

Well, it'd mean Earl Thomas can't keep forcing turnovers by whacking the ball as players stretch for the goal line.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

Well, it'd mean Earl Thomas can't keep forcing turnovers by whacking the ball as players stretch for the goal line.

Can’t have that

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2017
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    holy shit, @dlinfiniti has one in the win column now! Also, there is a swarm of 4-2s in F&L, may the highest point totals win.

first of all its not just a win
    it is the highest scoring team in the history of week 6
    what amazing win
    what gutsy play
    a match for the ages
    this is where history will mark the turn around point of the championship sp00ns' season
    incredible
    Joe Montana would be in awe

I love the murderer's row of the 2 through 4 spots in the F&L league rankings. 4-2 624.9 pts, 4-2 621.2 pts, 4-2 617.15 pts
    That's uh, a way higher than the rest of the league. Next closest is Pun Name, who is in the 1 spot with a 5-1 record and a 553.25 pts total.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Pretty much everyone outside the NFL, ex NFL officiating execs etc, has said the call was bunk. By supporting the call you are supporting Goodell and the NFL.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone outside the NFL, ex NFL officiating execs etc, has said the call was bunk. By supporting the call you are supporting Goodell and the NFL.

This is a bit much. Fans arguing in support of their team is pretty standard fare anywhere you go.

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

This is a bit much. Fans arguing in support of their team is pretty standard fare anywhere you go.

Nuh uh.

Browns#1teambaby

• Options
    edited October 2017

Sure. But that is the side they are taking. The side that will not say they messed up even when they do. When the last ref strike ended post GB-Sea they didnt even really apologize. They just said "hey we reached an agreement and they are coming back yay!".

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

Nuh uh.

Browns#1teambaby

Hundley is gonna be the next Aaron Rodgers just you wait

• Options

Nuh uh.

Browns#1teambaby

Dunno.. being the best pure QB in the last couple decades is rather large shoes to fill.

• Options

Nuh uh.

Browns#1teambaby

Dunno.. being the best pure QB in the last couple decades is rather large shoes to fill.

Haha I was just being hyperbolic as I'm pretty sure Amor is a fellow Packers fan that was jokingly jumping ship to the browns with Rodgers being out for the year

If Hundley is even average I'll be happy

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Nuh uh.

Browns#1teambaby

Hey.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Nuh uh.

Browns#1teambaby

Haha I was just being hyperbolic as I'm pretty sure Amor is a fellow Packers fan that was jokingly jumping ship to the browns with Rodgers being out for the year

If Hundley is even average I'll be happy

Yeah I forgot the smiley face at the end for not serious post heh.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Nuh uh.

Browns#1teambaby

Hey.

It's for horses.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Nuh uh.

Browns#1teambaby

Hey.

It's for horses.

And cows. Cows eat hay, too.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Sure. But that is the side they are taking. The side that will not say they messed up even when they do. When the last ref strike ended post GB-Sea they didnt even really apologize. They just said "hey we reached an agreement and they are coming back yay!".

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/11/24/patriots-bills-officials-admit-mistake-inadvertent-whistle

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-head-of-officiating-admits-officials-erred-at-end-of-lions-seahawks-game/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/larrybrownsports.com/football/nfl-admits-mistake-packers-cowboys/345661/amp

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2674708-nfl-admits-to-2-officiating-errors-at-end-of-1st-half-in-bills-vs-seahawks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000240782/article/referee-admits-to-error-that-gave-49ers-an-extra-down

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13983899/nfl-admit-officiating-mistake-baltimore-ravens-opening-drive-vs-arizona-cardinals

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Is that it? Over the span of years you have less than two hands worth. My statement stands.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Is that it? Over the span of years you have less than two hands worth. My statement stands.

That's the first half of the first page of google results. Also, lol

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    So? Those represent less than 1% of missed calls I would wager. My statement is still supported. Its also worth noting that the individual(s) in most of the ones I looked through are the individuals who are calling the call bunk.

• Options
    So? Those represent less than 1% of missed calls I would wager. My statement is still supported. Its also worth noting that the individual(s) in most of the ones I looked through are the individuals who are calling the call bunk.

Supported by your baseless assertion. Okay then

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

Nuh uh.

Browns#1teambaby

He won't be the next Aaron Rodgers... Aaron Rodgers will be the last Brett hundley

HOF bound

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    holy shit, @dlinfiniti has one in the win column now! Also, there is a swarm of 4-2s in F&L, may the highest point totals win.

first of all its not just a win
    it is the highest scoring team in the history of week 6
    what amazing win
    what gutsy play
    a match for the ages
    this is where history will mark the turn around point of the championship sp00ns' season
    incredible
    Joe Montana would be in awe

I love the murderer's row of the 2 through 4 spots in the F&L league rankings. 4-2 624.9 pts, 4-2 621.2 pts, 4-2 617.15 pts
    That's uh, a way higher than the rest of the league. Next closest is Pun Name, who is in the 1 spot with a 5-1 record and a 553.25 pts total.

I've also had the toughest strength of schedule thus far, but now it's time to win

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Nuh uh.

Browns#1teambaby

He won't be the next Aaron Rodgers... Aaron Rodgers will be the last Brett hundley

HOF bound

Man, it would be so awesome if Green Bay ended up with QB legends three in a row.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Actually that would be terrible

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    4 if you count Matt Flynn.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

5 with Seneca wallace

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Actually that would be terrible

Terribly awesome

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Why don't we stop arguing about controversial things and start discussing achievements we can all agree on
    The sp00ns' utterly dominant and Hall of Fame worthy week 6 performance which is now on track to propel them to their next championship run

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    We could all laugh at this guy. He stands for the anthem because clearly the flag is sacred!

• Options
    edited October 2017
    NM Skull just posted it heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Bleacher Report notification that Zeke's last ditch effort to get a full hearing has been denied. Will serve his time.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I wonder what GB will do when Rodgers retires eventually if they don't have a replacement. There are like 40 year old packer fans who don't remember what it's like to have a terrible qb. They are soft.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I mean, there was that 4-12 season. That was rough. Also, that 6-10 season with Rodgers was crummy too. It's nothing like what other NFL fans have to go through, but I think I'm mentally prepared for the dark times ahead.

Unless we continue to win big in the QB department!

• Options
    Nah the only option is to pull Daunte Cullpepper out of retirement and have him lead the Packers deep into the playoffs only to lose on a pick 6

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »

5 with Seneca wallace

Matt hasselbeck did pretty well out in seattle if I remember correctly.

• Options
    a
    Nah the only option is to pull Daunte Cullpepper out of retirement and have him lead the Packers deep into the playoffs only to lose on a pick 6

watching favre throw that completely unnecessary pick 6 in the NFCCG will always be one of my fondest NFL memories

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i was at the 4th and 26 game and favre threw his punt directly to dawkins in overtime directly in front of us.

it was the best. apparently that whole game is on youtube legally from the nfl so you too can bask in the glory of gunslinging.

https://youtu.be/KNKYvxKnL1s?t=7674

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I wonder what GB will do when Rodgers retires eventually if they don't have a replacement. There are like 40 year old packer fans who don't remember what it's like to have a terrible qb. They are soft.

Hey now, I am 34 and I remember the Majik Man and, while playing backyard football, calling dropped catches and fumbles a "Packers Play".

So more like 30 year olds that don't remember having a terrible team.

This discussion has been closed.