Options

Floaking [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am watching Coh play Origins. I won't lie Alexandria is gorgeous.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Whew there we go. Had to do some power button + volume button voodoo. Why you gotta play with my emotions, technology?

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man is Mario so good.

Thiiiiiis close to buying a switch for it.

Its not very long if you has friend that has Switch that will let you play it. But one of my favorite marios of all time.

Yeah I'm trying to resist the impulse buy. But having it for travel would be pretty cool. Will probably wait for more games to come out. Mario and Zelda are the only ones I'm interested in, and I've already played a ton of Zelda on the wiiu.

One of the biggest surprises of the switch is that it is just plain fucking cool playing full-fat console games on the go, enough so that you strongly consider rebuying a bunch of indy darlings and older ports.

With rare exception, if the game is on both the switch and the xbox, I will buy the switch version so that I can play it on the train ride into work, and on the road.

AssCreed's visuals are a huge part of the draw so I am less likely to want that game on the switch, but pretty much everything else I can live with something that looks as good as a top-tier xbox 360 game / bottom rung xbox one game.

I kinda want a switch but the knowledge that I wouldn't really get use out of its portability is a big factor in me holding off

Zelda-chan ...

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Wow. This spotify Halloween playlist is playing Gnarls Barkley's "The Boogie Monster." I wonder if it'll be unedited, given the ending of the song.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2017
    Athenor wrote: »
    I really want to get back into Assassin's Creed. But I burned through the Ezio trilogy fairly quickly (in a year or two?) and then Assassin's Creed 3 came out and I got it on the Wii U and just.. couldn't finish it. So I have no clue what happened with Desmond and the end of the world, and I really kinda sorta don't want to move on without closure...

I love the AC games and I am reliably informed that many of the ones after 3 were terrific but 3 was the climax of the story and they botched it so thoroughly that the sour taste continues to stay with me several years later. The story is weirdly aimless, the main character is kind of inert, and they get the date of the Declaration of Independence wrong. And it's frustrating because the ingredients were all in place to wrap the story up in a really satisfying fashion.

It's a game that really, really deserves a director's cut or a remake.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    I really want to get back into Assassin's Creed. But I burned through the Ezio trilogy fairly quickly (in a year or two?) and then Assassin's Creed 3 came out and I got it on the Wii U and just.. couldn't finish it. So I have no clue what happened with Desmond and the end of the world, and I really kinda sorta don't want to move on without closure...

What was the deal with the AC game where it's all a video game and you're like a bug tester or something in the beginning?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I have downloaded Mario.

But I have not played it yet.

I'm kinda sleepy ... I might sleep.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Nope. Song ended normally, talking about head.

And immediately into Werewolves of London.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »

What was the deal with the AC game where it's all a video game and you're like a bug tester or something in the beginning?

I think that was Black Flag, the fourth game

the company was part of the evil conspiracy from the other games. they decided to use their memory mining technology to make vidja, which, I guess, why not

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I love the AC games and I am reliably informed that many of the ones after 3 were terrific but 3 was the climax of the story and they botched it so thoroughly that the sour taste continues to stay with me several years later. The story is weirdly aimless, the main character is kind of inert, and they get the date of the Declaration of Independence wrong. And it's frustrating because the ingredients were all in place to wrap the story up in a really satisfying fashion.

It's a game that really, really deserves a director's cut or a remake.

Yeah. I loved the story, and even Revelation's twist on things. I really, REALLY loved playing as Desmond and doing shit like climbing an under-construction One World Trade Center (though they never explicitly called it that).

And yet 3 just.. felt.. wrong.

• Options
    they get the date of the Declaration of Independence wrong.

?!

The intro to the American revolution one where they recorded that whole bit of the opera was really cool though

A strong sales pitch for video games in general when you unearth a discarded piece of real history and let players walk around inside a recording of it that you funded

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Chimera wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I have a family relative who is reasonably bright but is just absolutely convinced that major sports are doctored in some fashion to drive up viewership

like, not in the sense that the rules are changed to attract viewers we all know that but like

he claims the exciting 13-12 world series game from last night was obviously orchestrated by the MLB there's no way those pitchers and closers would pitch so poorly etc etc

it's very head scratching that this is the conspiracy he's latched onto and not like, chem trails or w/e

To his defense on that the two teams have both said the ball feels strange and slicker and there is talk on ESPN that the balls may be juiced as a way to make the games higher scoring and more exciting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/06/29/mlb-juiced-ball-home-runs/440203001/

whoa

It's not really a conspiracy though. It affects everyone so whatever. It's definitely true though. They wanted more offense

Yeah and there has been a huge change in the number of runs and quality of pitching as a result. The weird thing is that the MLB is acting like nothing has changed and all the pitchers are just crazy and being mum about any changes to the balls. It is also especially odd since you consider the whole reason they don't want aluminum bats is to preserver tradition when that would likely be a better route to enhancing the offense of a game.

I mean

baseball players are one hell of a superstitious lot

I could totally see a bunch of players placebo effecting themselves into thinking the balls are different because all the other players are saying they're different

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    AC: Syndicate was pretty fun but I took a break and now I find it damn near impossible to get back into.

• Options
    desc wrote: »

I think that was Black Flag, the fourth game

the company was part of the evil conspiracy from the other games. they decided to use their memory mining technology to make vidja, which, I guess, why not

That seems dumb

A video game where the protagonist walks around a video game company office is like a Hollywood movie set on a Hollywood backlot and movie studio set

Just no

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I have a family relative who is reasonably bright but is just absolutely convinced that major sports are doctored in some fashion to drive up viewership

like, not in the sense that the rules are changed to attract viewers we all know that but like

he claims the exciting 13-12 world series game from last night was obviously orchestrated by the MLB there's no way those pitchers and closers would pitch so poorly etc etc

it's very head scratching that this is the conspiracy he's latched onto and not like, chem trails or w/e

To his defense on that the two teams have both said the ball feels strange and slicker and there is talk on ESPN that the balls may be juiced as a way to make the games higher scoring and more exciting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/06/29/mlb-juiced-ball-home-runs/440203001/
    I mean, as long as both sides are using the same baseball, I'm down.

Although MLB is super peculiar about their baseballs. They literally have 1 vendor for dirt they rub on the ball before it enters play. I dunno maybe players are just hitting the balls harder, or there is a new type of performance enhancing drug in use.

Nah, there's plenty of data about the balls changing in a way that would produce this result. They almost certainly did it on purpose to juice scoring.

The environment now isn't really conducive to the "60% of the league found a new undetectable PED and no one leaked it" hypothesis.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I've still never actually played an Assassin's Creed game

I feel like I should rectify that at some point but they never sound particularly enthralling to me?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    did they get the date of the declaration of independence wrong

or have we been lied to this whole time

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    server is fucked at work

can't do anything

whee

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I played Unity for the co-op.

Had fun with that. Didn't even finish the Single Player. It was just eh to me.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Where my 40k peeps at

I'm getting very excited about the new tyranid codex

Some of the stuff has leaked and it just makes me want to make an army just out of carnifexes

@Mazzyx @desc @Vanguard

• Options
    Oh hot damn, MØ and Cashmere Cat are touring together next year! Yaaaaaaaay!

• Options
    I just remembered the part of GTA 5 where you walk around the startup tech company offices and they pound the jokes into the ground about how dumb it is

Hm

The more that time goes on the more I feel like Rockstar doesn't earn any of the big obvious cultural targets it jokes about

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

I feel like I should rectify that at some point but they never sound particularly enthralling to me?

My problem is that I started with the first one and it is just astoundingly terrible. I'm hopeful that the sequels vastly improved things though. I imagine they must have

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    does the new asscreed ditch the genetic memory framing device thing?

I always hated that

just let me be an assassin in ancient history

I don't also need to be some bro in a lab

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

My problem is that I started with the first one and it is just astoundingly terrible. I'm hopeful that the sequels vastly improved things though. I imagine they must have

people like them but i couldn't get past the first one either

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Cup Noodle Milk Seafood Plus Cheese review:

legitimately the best cup noodle I have ever eaten

10/10 buying a couple to take home

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

I always hated that

did you just ask if the game ditched its central premise?

• Options
    If the rumors are true

The carnifex HQ old one eye is from hive fleet behemoth, whose special rules let's you reroll charges

Carnifex can also pay for an upgrade that makes people shooting at then suffer -1 to hit

Also there are three separate carnifex now, four if you count the forgeworld one, and their tail rule got upgraded to be better against blobs of dudes

....giant bugs-chan....

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    Where my 40k peeps at

Some of the stuff has leaked and it just makes me want to make an army just out of carnifexes

@Mazzyx @desc @Vanguard

But you also need an imperial army

In a universe that canonically has both tyranids and citizens dying from medieval parasite diseases, think of how important imperial bug science would be

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Yes, AC1 is a pretty bad game.

I still maintain that AssBro is the best one (AC2 is way too long, IMO), but I haven't played any since AC3.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The first three chapters of AC3 were fantastic
    That twist was excellently set up and no mistake

• Options
    I watched 10 minutes of the assassins creed movie while hotel bound and holy moly it looked terrrrrrrrible.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Where my 40k peeps at

Mazzyx desc Vanguard

Wait, do you already play Tyranids? Because... they're literally an army of bug monsters. The only way they could be more perfect for you is if they were literally called Archanids.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I've never jelled with the AC controls. I own several and every time it's just like..the controls don't feel right.
    I really can't expound beyond that. For a game so terrain traversy they just don't seem..fluid and magnetic/grippy enough?
    See that prolly makes no sense.

• Options
    I mean technically I have three inmperium armies already

It's just that

Two of them are dwarves in power armor and the other is my robo rats

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    *farts*

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I watched 10 minutes of the assassins creed movie while hotel bound and holy moly it looked terrrrrrrrible.

I watched the whole thing on a plane recently and it is absolute garbage

Not even Marion Cotillard-chan can save it

• Options

Play the one where you're a rakish Italian guy and set the language in game to Italian and you're good

Skip the rest

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »

I always hated that

did you just ask if the game ditched its central premise?

its central premise is climbing on shit and stabbing dudes in the head

• Options
    so batman TAS begins season 2 by i guess retconning poison ivy and just acting like that's fine even though she was mentioned as her season 1 incarnation in the final episode of season 1

This discussion has been closed.