Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

STEAM

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tim rogers sucks so bad

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    My beef with Kotaku is the bad web design. And forcing me to Kotaku Australia.

Their articles depend on who's writing it, but the fact they put up bad or stupid stuff from time to time reflects on the site not having the good sense to say "no thanks" when they really ought to know better.

Gvzbgul on
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    were any of the other campaigns as good as wings of liberty

I thought the zerg campaign was pretty good but the protoss campaing kind of wasn't, but then also my opinion might be colored by the fact that I think the terrans are the coolest, followed closely by the zerg, and the protoss are lame.

My preferences are opposite yours but I rank the campaigns the same.

Legacy's first few missions were great, but after that the story seemed kinda disconnected from the others, while also being obnoxiously aware of the series coming to an end.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    It reminds me of the woman who posed as a man for 8 years writing baseball articles and harassing women.

https://deadspin.com/teen-girl-posed-for-8-years-as-married-man-to-write-abo-1820305588

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    It reminds me of the woman who posed as a man for 8 years writing baseball articles and harassing women.

https://deadspin.com/teen-girl-posed-for-8-years-as-married-man-to-write-abo-1820305588

WOW

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    My beef with Kotaku is the bad web design. And forcing me to Kotaku Australia.

Their articles depend on who's writing it, but the fact they put up bad or stupid stuff from time to time reflects on the site not having the good sense to say "no thanks" when they really ought to know better.

Isn't Kotaku Australia better than regular Kotaku though?

And the "bad or stupid stuff" isn't a matter of not having good sense it's typically a matter of "if you don't get enough clicks you don't get to keep having a website" which means sometimes your content has to pander to shitty demographics so you can get paid and continue putting out the stuff you want to.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    It's annoying when I'm looking for certain articles. It seems like once an article leaves the front page it is lost to the ether. Maybe they've improved their archive usability since then but I don't go on Kotaku anymore so I wouldn't know.

Gvzbgul on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/15/battletechs-campaign-mode-is-a-robot-dark-ages/

bnnKaBtl.jpg

TEXT
    If, like me, you’re mostly familiar with the Battletech universe care of the MechWarrior spin-off games, you may be shocked by the sheer amount of ground there is to cover. This is a vast and engagingly ramshackle fiction, encompassing over a hundred spin-off novels and dozens of tabletop and computer games, all of it funnelled into the mournful spectacle of massive, ancient, rickety robots laying each other out for the count. I’m not sure the new game’s campaign options can match the volatility and variety of XCOM or the later Total Wars, but the battling continues to be excellent, and while I’ve picked over the spoils of imploding empires in many games, this is among the few that really explores the premise at the level of systems and tactics. Tomorrow can wait.

man I'm really excited for this

Brolo on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I'm still annoyed at myself for being broke when the Battletech kickstarter was happening.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/15/battletechs-campaign-mode-is-a-robot-dark-ages/

bnnKaBtl.jpg

TEXT
    If, like me, you’re mostly familiar with the Battletech universe care of the MechWarrior spin-off games, you may be shocked by the sheer amount of ground there is to cover. This is a vast and engagingly ramshackle fiction, encompassing over a hundred spin-off novels and dozens of tabletop and computer games, all of it funnelled into the mournful spectacle of massive, ancient, rickety robots laying each other out for the count. I’m not sure the new game’s campaign options can match the volatility and variety of XCOM or the later Total Wars, but the battling continues to be excellent, and while I’ve picked over the spoils of imploding empires in many games, this is among the few that really explores the premise at the level of systems and tactics. Tomorrow can wait.

It is looking so insanely good. The 4v4 mech fights available to backers on Steam have been wonderful, and it sounds like they've been using them effectively to make changes to the game. Nips has been doing a battle a day over in the G&T thread, including messing about in the game files with unreleased mechs and mech variants. Even in the time he's been doing that, there have been changes in the AI for the better.

This new campaign info is just what I was hoping for. I love the hard-scrabble, mission to mission, gimme that salvage aspect of the mercenary life in Battletech.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    SC2 went free to play today or well the multiplayer did

Which is p nice cause I dont have to buy legacy of the void for smashin bots with fun units

I'll miss Weapon Master mode, but i wouldn't mind going online and wrecking some folks with Seong Mina

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

bnnKaBtl.jpg

TEXT

It is looking so insanely good. The 4v4 mech fights available to backers on Steam have been wonderful, and it sounds like they've been using them effectively to make changes to the game. Nips has been doing a battle a day over in the G&T thread, including messing about in the game files with unreleased mechs and mech variants. Even in the time he's been doing that, there have been changes in the AI for the better.

This new campaign info is just what I was hoping for. I love the hard-scrabble, mission to mission, gimme that salvage aspect of the mercenary life in Battletech.

I have never played a single turn of tabletop Battletech. But I spent way too much time in college reading Battletech novels. I am REALLY looking forward to this game.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I didn't think neera's voice was that bad but I agree with the fact that all the writing in EE content is bad

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Marvel Heroes is shutting down.

I'm kinda bummed. It was a perfectly cromulent diablolike where I could beat up hydra mooks as Carol Danvers.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I tried to play marvel heroes

it turns out that I don't like games that are like diablo but aren't diablo

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the marvel heroes item situation was fucking dire

liEt3nH.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

I'm kinda bummed. It was a perfectly cromulent diablolike where I could beat up hydra mooks as Carol Danvers.

it was either poorly managed, or did not make enough money

acceording to multiple reports

the fact that it went through like 3? 4? complete overhauls probably did not help

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the overall gameplay of marvel heroes, but the inventory management/collectibles system was maybe the worst I've ever experienced.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    All true but playing Diablo as Wolverine/Ms Marvel/Squirrel Girl was worth it.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    question about battletech

why do all the mechs hold their fists and arms like rock'em sock'em robots

it looks ridiculous

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    For sweet sweet torso twist and arm flip action.

(I know I gave you two different answers in two different threads.)

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it was either poorly managed, or did not make enough money

acceording to multiple reports

the fact that it went through like 3? 4? complete overhauls probably did not help

Word is tomorrow there'll be more info about the cause being a breach of contract by Gazillion

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

EA's turning off the microtransactions in Battlefront 2 until they rework them/fix them.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    That's a pretty good "we fucked up" message.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I don't believe that is anything other than "we overplayed our hand and will come back when our greed is better concealed"

they're a corporation, that's absolutely what they're saying

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Obviously you wouldnt call your game shit but EA insisting they released a good product makes me laugh

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I don't believe that is anything other than "we overplayed our hand and will come back when our greed is better concealed"

they're a corporation, that's absolutely what they're saying

I've trust they've heard what the people want

and what they want is defnitely loot boxes with skins and sprays

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    sorry, I can't hear you over all this SWAG in the hot and highly anticipated Star Wars Battlefront II 10/10 A+ Metacritic Score: Infinity

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yeah, like, if anything this EA announcement just reveals how much of a naked cashgrab the whole lootbox thing is. I mean, we've always known that's what it is, but it's just very blatant now. And they aren't sorry for doing it. They are sorry for getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar after already eating their share of cookies, and are only sorry that they got caught and yelled at.

There's plenty of other companies and other games, I'll just skip their content unless their attitude changes.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I really wish the single player campaign was being sold separately, because I just want nothing to do with the multiplayer stuff right now but I still want to go on a silly Star Wars adventure.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I really wish the single player campaign was being sold separately, because I just want nothing to do with the multiplayer stuff right now but I still want to go on a silly Star Wars adventure.

i'm sad that everywhere i've read about it has said that it's a bit naff

has some good moments, but is just a bit of a boring shooter with a dud story

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

EA's turning off the microtransactions in Battlefront 2 until they rework them/fix them.

Maybe turn off that ridiculous cooldown timer from mobile F2P for PvE as well?

K-man loves his PvE. You make it hard for him to play it, you lose a sale

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

i'm sad that everywhere i've read about it has said that it's a bit naff

has some good moments, but is just a bit of a boring shooter with a dud story

It also apparently doesn't really have an ending, just kind of stops.

X22wmuF.jpg

HAVE I GOT THE GAME FOR YOU

f31332cb82d6ddde5ba0d1f3143dc8bf77a0e37f_hq.gif

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

HAVE I GOT THE GAME FOR YOU

f31332cb82d6ddde5ba0d1f3143dc8bf77a0e37f_hq.gif

Oh hell yes, I can feel my muscle memory kicking in just looking at that

Has anyone tried Tower 57?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfAmc3hqGRM&t=231s

It looks neat but..................

Who or what is Touhou?

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think it's some kind of anime bullet hell shmup?

This discussion has been closed.