Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

STEAM

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    SC2 went free to play today or well the multiplayer did

Which is p nice cause I dont have to buy legacy of the void for smashin bots with fun units

icGJy2C.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod

Hmm, not sure if this is something I expect satisfying results from. How was the Baldur's Gate 1 expansion they made?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

Which is p nice cause I dont have to buy legacy of the void for smashin bots with fun units

the terran campaign is free too

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Now free for everyone:
    • Wings of Liberty campaign (plus the Heart of the Swarm campaign if you already owned WoL (must be claimed by December 8))
    • Unranked Multiplayer
    • Versus A.I.
    • Ranked Multiplayer Ladder (after getting 10 "first win of the day" in either Unranked or Versus A.I.)
    • Arcade/Custom Games
    • Kerrigan, Artanis, and Raynor commanders in Commander Mode (full access, all other current and upcoming commanders are free up to level 5)

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    were any of the other campaigns as good as wings of liberty

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

Hmm, not sure if this is something I expect satisfying results from. How was the Baldur's Gate 1 expansion they made?

not great

the writing is....not up to the kind of standards we have in 2017, or even 2001, if we're being honest

a new Planescape game from them is neat but I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Torment

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I restarted Skyrim for the millionth time

I just want to finally see what everyone else sees in this game

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/NHRpS2DzIAI

this hit early access just a bit ago; it's a deck-building roguelike and it looks sick as hell

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Slay the Spire looks very much like a game I want to play on my phone.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

not great

the writing is....not up to the kind of standards we have in 2017, or even 2001, if we're being honest

a new Planescape game from them is neat but I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Torment

Beamdog can't write for shit

liEt3nH.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    LET ME DREAM

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    in my dream
    i am the star.
    its me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdeedU3eL1U

broken image link
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

not great

yeah after playing BG2:EE

all of the beamdog content was really bad

like buggy, with some questionable balance, and some godawful voice acting

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/NHRpS2DzIAI

this hit early access just a bit ago; it's a deck-building roguelike and it looks sick as hell

I picked this up because it looks like exactly the kind of thing I like and I'm not disappointed. Really enjoyable concept overall, with surprising depth possible in the deck building.

Small devs making this kind of game is the only Early Access stuff I find it acceptable to use money on as well, so that works out.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Brolo wrote: »

not great

If you're talking about Hexxat, the voice acting... gets better.

Most of the writing though was very "Buffy-speak" and jarringly out of place. I don't see them putting out an awesome planescape game.

Tube wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

not great

If you're talking about Hexxat, the voice acting... gets better.

Most of the writing though was very "Buffy-speak" and jarringly out of place. I don't see them putting out an awesome planescape game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9CqHpnyYZE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FARN-jYlwj0

it's more Neera

I think I got through her initial quest and then fed her to Demogorgon

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The bit in the BG1 expansion where they tried to be trans-inclusive was... I dunno, I'm not trans but what I saw of it seemed kinda hamfisted and awkwardly placed. Like, IIRC the woman you talk to straight-up deadnames herself?

Ugh yeah, Neera sucked. I played a wild mage so had no place for her anyway.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    This is just reminding me that I need to get back to BG1, but I'm stuck on that god damned werewolf island.

Moriveth wrote: »
    This is just reminding me that I need to get back to BG1, but I'm stuck on that god damned werewolf island.

I bounced hard off BG1 which is a shame because I had a 95 roll I was playing

The beginning of BG1 suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks because you're a fucking level 1 character and absolutely nothing is fun in level 1 D&D.

All in all it's a lesser game than BG2, but still pretty alright if you stick with it.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I still come across people shitting on Kotaku and I never get it because Kotaku has Jason Schreier and Jason Schreier is the best.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I wasn't able to tell from the article, but all it really seemed to dig up was that the guy was lying about working for EA. Or the least the duration and nature of his work.
    But since it seems he has been claiming to work for them for several years, it's entirely possible he did still get threats. Because internet.

steam_sig.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

I wasn't able to tell from the article, but all it really seemed to dig up was that the guy was lying about working for EA. Or the least the duration and nature of his work.
    But since it seems he has been claiming to work for them for several years, it's entirely possible he did still get threats. Because internet.

Yeah. And? It's possible he didn't too because he's been lying for over a year, why believe him now?

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Inventing an identity to stan for a megacorporation, unpaid, is the wildest waste of one's time

Inventing an identity to stan for a megacorporation, unpaid, is the wildest waste of one's time

especially
    when you choose EA as the company

i mean what the fuck

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Yeah. And? It's possible he didn't too because he's been lying for over a year, why believe him now?

Because if literally anybody said that they received internet death threats from angry gamers I'd believe them? Much less someone who has led people to believe he works for one of the most hated companies.

This isn't about him being virtuous. It's about parts of the internet being cesspits.

steam_sig.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Yeah shitbird "gamers" on the internet sending death threats is a continuous problem and I don't see a lot of good to be had in casting aspersions on it. Threats and harassment are situations where I trend very strongly toward giving benefit of the doubt to the victim because the consequences of incorrectly supporting the victim are much less than the consequences of incorrectly supporting the perpetrators.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I still come across people shitting on Kotaku and I never get it because Kotaku has Jason Schreier and Jason Schreier is the best.

Kotaku is a lot better than it has historically been, and yeah, Schreier is a large reason why. It's still fun to dunk on Gawker MediaGizmodo Media Group-affiliated sites tho.

Magic Pink wrote: »

Because if literally anybody said that they received internet death threats from angry gamers I'd believe them? Much less someone who has led people to believe he works for one of the most hated companies.

This isn't about him being virtuous. It's about parts of the internet being cesspits.

Or he's using the most believable story he can to drum up even more attention for himself. These tweets shouldn't be hard to find. Have any of the places reporting this posted any of them?

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Kotaku gets a bad rep for how it used to be, and a lot of folks just keep that bias going and don't bother finding out that hey, it's improved.

Appears the dude in question has now deleted any and all references to EA and getting threats as well as the threats themselves so looks like the whole thing was fake.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    One of the craziest things I saw recently was a comment on a kotaku article about Mario Odyssey pissed off about kotaku posting spoilers in a previous article.

The previous article? About how Jump-Up Superstar lyrics are printed inside the case.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Kotaku is as awful as it ever was.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Yeah, all that awful "high quality investigative journalism about working conditions in the industry"

6F32U1X.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jars wrote: »
    were any of the other campaigns as good as wings of liberty

I thought the zerg campaign was pretty good but the protoss campaing kind of wasn't, but then also my opinion might be colored by the fact that I think the terrans are the coolest, followed closely by the zerg, and the protoss are lame.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I still have a lot of issues with the Gizmodo Media Group and there's certainly content on Kotaku I still don't like, but the fact that it employs folks like Jason Schrier and Heather Alexandra is pretty damn good and, quite frankly, you'd be hard-pressed to find any journalism sources, on or offline that don't have some issues one way or another.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    My only real beef with Kotaku at this point is that they still haven’t spun the kinda creepy anime stuff off to its own site so I don’t have to see it.

They’re good reporters.

Kotaku was probably at its worst in the Tim Rogers essay era

https://kotaku.com/5673585/translating-final-fantasy-xi-to-life-or-why-i-dont-have-a-butterfly-collection

10 000 words of meaningless noise

This discussion has been closed.