As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Having not played league since season 2 I judge the new awaken video 0/10 not enough Dr . Mundo. How is the good doctor anyway, I remember him being really fun.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Having not played league since season 2 I judge the new awaken video 0/10 not enough Dr . Mundo. How is the good doctor anyway, I remember him being really fun.

He really hasn't changed much. Stronger than you'd remember, I think--he's almost impossible to kill with magic damage now.

There's a suite of missions now that all total give ~3k BE, I think? 11 days to complete, but that might help someone out that wants to get Sylas.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    In case anyone's interested, going in and doing my support placement games for the new season for a bit.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Was going to start my placements, so I did an unranked to warm up. Tilted off the face of the planet during warmups. I'll try again tomorrow.

Enemy Warwick went like 8/0 because my team decides to push lanes solo with <20% HP and then flame me.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    ugh placement matches have been brutal, 2-4 so far. Last game featured an AP ez top who went 0-5-0 and lulu attack speed jungle who went something similar

really, really should have dodged that one.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »

He really hasn't changed much. Stronger than you'd remember, I think--he's almost impossible to kill with magic damage now.

There's a suite of missions now that all total give ~3k BE, I think? 11 days to complete, but that might help someone out that wants to get Sylas.

Bastards knew I wanted to play anthem this weekend I see

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Releasing a new champion the day after the ranked season starts seems like an excellent idea that can’t go wrong in any way.

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    Releasing a new champion the day after the ranked season starts seems like an excellent idea that can’t go wrong in any way.

Even more so with how ridiculous his ult seems.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I am going to hold fast and not do any placements until the queue settles down a little. At the very least, I’m not starting this weekend.

But surely just one game can’t hurt...?
    What about on an offrole...?
    No! Stay strong!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    I am going to hold fast and not do any placements until the queue settles down a little. At the very least, I’m not starting this weekend.

But surely just one game can’t hurt...?
    What about on an offrole...?
    No! Stay strong!

I ran into both an AP Nunu and an AP Shyvana yesterday. Yeah, maybe stick to normals for a bit.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    That champion looks so awful to have in the game any time. Shaco's clone is always near him, LeBlanc's borderline too far with her cross map shenanigans, and Neeko is confusing even on my own team... but at least with all of those it's the threat of the champion being real or being faked out. Having an enemy who can suddenly have one of 5 ultimates, and then potentially another one or two during a fight... what a mess.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    The real response is to pick champions that have useless ults without the rest of the kit attached. Steal Leap of Faith? Great, he just did two hundred damage and spawned tentacles that can't do anything (unless they forced a change to make them attack). Maybe he avoided a knockback with it.

Steal Nid ult? Well, he can jump walls easily. Jayce? Well, he's ranged for a bit and maybe he lands a gated blast.

The part I'm concerned about is getting AP ratios for non hybrid AD ratios. I get that it feels bad if the enemy reacts to a pick by going a damage type you don't do well against but...that's also a response that should be perfectly fine. It used to be.

butts
  • Options
    Something I've been thinking about after watching the Champions video is the new enchanter support they talked about. They keep on using that picture of a book...

They put a emphasis on the word "getting attached", so I wonder... if the book *is* the champion, and they're sort of like a Abathur-style character that attaches to friendly champions and can cast things to aid or buff them that way. They did say it had new mechanics...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    had another game which we barely won because one the folks on our team said they were brazilian and in a cafe so their ping was bad (even said jajaja at one point)

they also played poorly and fed the enemy jax. our rango got really mad and started yelling racist stuff at him, yelling at him to stop eating so many tacos and speaking in spanish (?????)

I pointed out this wasn't even correct racism and reported him

• Options
    Oh yeah, trying to finish up my support placements in case anyone wants to hang out.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Sylas is gonna make for some fuckin' stupid highlights
    That's how mafia a new League champ works.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    eh. Sylas can scrap kinda well, but his tankiness is super limited, and you can kite the crap out of him.

I don't know if he's good, but watching him, he doesn't look that OP at all.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Played as Alistair and won basically doing nothing. Played a game with Ahri where I tried so hard to carry but it wasn't enough. The role system is baller though. Gotta be better at carrying. Good kda isn't what wins games.

• Options
    I think it probably helps that Sylas is a AP character. I can't imagine what kind of terror he'd be if he was AD.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not sure about doing my placements right now at all. Been playing normals screwing off in the jungle. Doing some Karthus and Zac depending on how I'm feeling.

I basically main Karthus mid and top and in normals I've been seeing him a lot and even some bans. Last season I never saw a ban and never saw anyone else play it. Maybe I'll still with normals and play some Galio and learn a new champ. Used to play him quite a bit before I decided to one trick Karthus

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I got an S- as Janna while building Nashor's Tooth, Hextech Gunblade and Phantom Dancer

Am I doing Ranked right?

• Options
    yes

butts
  • Options
    Jax felt super clunky last patch for some reason, but he feels like a monster right now.

He is so insanely good in the mid-game, easily able to outfight all these bruisers that people love to play.

• Options
    Mystery DolphinMystery Dolphin Austin, TexasRegistered User new member
    I am very sad to learn you have to spend upwards of $100 for the Prestige Aatrox :(

• Options
    Roz wrote: »
    Jax felt super clunky last patch for some reason, but he feels like a monster right now.

He is so insanely good in the mid-game, easily able to outfight all these bruisers that people love to play.

I heard on LCK he's considered a counter to xin in the jungle and pretty good

• Options
    It feels like in my time away from this game that the community has gotten worse again. Might just be the start of a new season, but it seems like there's a huge amount of tilting and trolling going on in ranked right now.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    It feels like in my time away from this game that the community has gotten worse again. Might just be the start of a new season, but it seems like there's a huge amount of tilting and trolling going on in ranked right now.

Seems like maybe there are a lot of people who are playing their off rolls, and either being really bad or not really caring how they place? Predictable in hindsight, but it sucks to hear that's happening.

• Options
    I got placed B4, which is honestly where I likely should start. My main issue now is, I need a carry jungler. It's harder to carry as Warwick 1v9.

Maybe Kindred or bite the bullet and become a dirty Rengar player?

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Seems like maybe there are a lot of people who are playing their off rolls, and either being really bad or not really caring how they place? Predictable in hindsight, but it sucks to hear that's happening.

I have been auto filled support 4 times.

I play one support and placement adcs dont know when to take fights

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »

I have been auto filled support 4 times.

I play one support and placement adcs dont know when to take fights

I think damage support might be the way to go even at silver and gold now. Janna and Sona are excellent force multipliers, but if your ADC doesn't know what they're doing (or even the rest of your team later on) then you're pretty powerless.

Meanwhile, the enemy Vel'koz or Lux support can be wracking up kills and taking objectives.

• Options
    Yeah, it's kind of a rough time in low leagues to be playing enchanter supports right now. Whenever a support has anything resembling real damage, they always seem to kick the legs out from under them. And even if they get kills... there's not a whole lot they can actually *do* with it by themselves.

Heck, even playing Leona right now is tough sometimes. Had a bunch of good games where my team-mates were paying attention and following up with my engages to get kills...

...and then there was that game yesterday with the world's most inattentive Jinx. OH MY GOD did I want to grab her and use her as a club on the enemy team, since that's the only way I'm going to get any goddamn damage out of her.

Damage "supports," on the other hand, just murder the enemy team once they get going. Effing Brand.

I need to go through my champ stable sometime and bring some of the old crew online again. Had a good game as Pyke earlier (he actually made it through bans!), might need to dust off Vel'Koz or Lux. Or maybe actually figure out how the hell to play Zyra again, it's been ages (probably since before her rework).

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Just a tip for anyone unaware: ARURF games count for any of the “PvP matchmade games on Summoners’ Rift” missions. It’s a real help for grinding out the 100 kills/assists and the win games in under 27 minutes ones.

• Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    went 6/4 placements on support. placed B III. Playing mid so far im B IV with one game, one win.
    Edit: I went 4/4 during my support placements, I forgot it was 8 matches not 10. No wonder I placed in bronze. It took my brain a couple hours to figure that one out :P

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    Just a tip for anyone unaware: ARURF games count for any of the “PvP matchmade games on Summoners’ Rift” missions. It’s a real help for grinding out the 100 kills/assists and the win games in under 27 minutes ones.

That's the last quest I need to unlock number 7. The for the tip.

• Options
    Man, I cannot get behind them releasing champs like Sylas. He feels so unfun to play against. I'm so upset right now having lost a game where he used multiple ults in succession to destroy my team. It's stuff like this that makes me question Riot's design team.

• Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    Action News reporting live from the LCK: .....this just in, Jarvan IV support wrecks face, R.I.P. solo queue. more at 11........

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    Roz wrote: »
    Man, I cannot get behind them releasing champs like Sylas. He feels so unfun to play against. I'm so upset right now having lost a game where he used multiple ults in succession to destroy my team. It's stuff like this that makes me question Riot's design team.

I mean, it could be worse. They could have a champion that hits like a truck, heals massively off life-steal so that he's tankier than most tanks, completely negates some ults with a basic ability, and pops off after only getting one kill. (Sometimes even not needing *that*.)

It would be terrible.

*glares in Yasuo's direction*

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I get where you're coming from but then he has to play against Maokai who can point and click CC him and he explodes if Wind Wall is down.

Or someone knocks him up and he explodes because he can't cast Wind Wall.

Negating ults with a basic ability isn't unique to him. Vlad has had pool for ages. Fizz has Playful/Trickster. Braum has Unbreakable. Gnar has Wallop.

I mean shit Gnar's mini form W negates melee range ultimates because you can't actually catch him.

If I had to point to something obscene on Yasuo's kit it's the bonus armor pen for ulting or a combination of passive strength or charge speed.

butts