As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Also, I should say that out of all the roles, Jungle is by far the most cerebral.

found the jungler main

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Also, I should say that out of all the roles, Jungle is by far the most cerebral. You should have wards around the objectives (each opposing buff or dragon) timed to when those objectives spawn. You should be trying to marshal your team to play around objectives (this is so hard, but if you don't do it - no one else will). You should also know the relative strengths of your character vs the opposing jungler to know when you can take duels and how strong your invade is. It helps A TON if you can analyze comps to know what your window to win is.
    found the jungler main

I was going to say "I mostly agree with this but I'm also real biased" so

The main reason I'm a jungler is I don't trust anyone to make good decisions, so me making them is the least-worst option I have.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    now let me explain how dominion was the truth test of mental skill,

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    woop woop, went 3-2 today, both losses as support morgana. Talon continues to be fun, and I'm on the way to B3 promos doing pretty well so far.

spool32 on
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Yeah I think I'm biased too (though I'll say a good support can have the time to do a better job of calling it, even though they don't have the same influence). Having mostly jungled, when I'm not jungle in game that has enemy jungler hitting drag/RH like there's a dinner bell on it while our jungler is doing a random camp on the other side of the map... hoo boy. Even had a blue side game recently where we killed 4 enemies near Baron and all 4 pinged and ran for it. Our jungler was near their red buff when we started running (blast cone behind Baron was up), and as the 4 of us went for Baron he... went to the enemy Krugs.

I watched some of those videos Rius and you're right. The jungle one was almost all news to me, and the laning ones reminded me of all the things I'd once learned and have now forgotten from the UNSWLOLSOC videos. Good stuff.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Also, I should say that out of all the roles, Jungle is by far the most cerebral. You should have wards around the objectives (each opposing buff or dragon) timed to when those objectives spawn. You should be trying to marshal your team to play around objectives (this is so hard, but if you don't do it - no one else will). You should also know the relative strengths of your character vs the opposing jungler to know when you can take duels and how strong your invade is. It helps A TON if you can analyze comps to know what your window to win is.
    found the jungler main

I was going to say "I mostly agree with this but I'm also real biased" so

The main reason I'm a jungler is I don't trust anyone to make good decisions, so me making them is the least-worst option I have.

I agree that jungle requires the most thought and understanding, and that is why I will not do it at any time and am really bad at it if by chance I am autofilled

In theory I am supposed to be a smart person, but in mobas anyway my brain turns to mush and I legit cannot think through macro strategy or make reasonable decisions ;_;

But it explains why I only play adcs and damage supports...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I just realized phantom dancer took the Sterak's passive. Holy cow that's a beastly item now.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Also, I should say that out of all the roles, Jungle is by far the most cerebral.

found the jungler main

God damn, I deserved that lol

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    I just realized phantom dancer took the Sterak's passive. Holy cow that's a beastly item now.

It's maw's passive, but for all damage. Sterak's is based on your hp/rate you lose hp.

It did lose a ton of offensive stats a result. It still may be OP, but iunno yet.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Koreg wrote: »

It's maw's passive, but for all damage. Sterak's is based on your hp/rate you lose hp.

It did lose a ton of offensive stats a result. It still may be OP, but iunno yet.

I think it's better than RFC for junglers. Movement speed towards targets, you can walk through minions, and a shield to keep you from getting bursted? It may be a second or third item now.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    But which junglers? Does it replace triforce on Jax/Xin/Vi?

I could see it being a good second on Noct.

• Options
    I think it would be good on burst assassins who want critical (I don't know who, maybe a crit Rengar?) And ranged junglers like Graves and Kindred. Pretty much any jungler that builds crit stats, but I don't know if it'll be worth it for lethality champions.

Definitely not a replacement for Triforce. Because they'll just build Steraks instead.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    The new items really intrigue me. People like riven were buying essence reaver before, mana and all. And now it's tuned towards camps like that.

• Options
    God I hate this fucking game. I loved last season levelend up to gold, things were awesome. Fuck this reset and fuck placements.

Nothing but rfucking trolls. People flaming at the beggining, support galio staying in mid and top, or sitting at home doing nothing. Level 4 whenever the rest of us are 7 and 8.

Like, I had a good time climbing to gold. This placement bullshit. I'm down to silver 4 and havne't had one good game in 5 games. Nothing but people flaming each other and intentionally trolling. I forgot how frustrating this game could be and how much it could make me hate it. Fuck people. This might be my last straw with it.

Until of course I give in and play again. But fuck people man. This is bullshit.

• Options
    And now i get an AFK 5 mintues in, and the game took 40 minutes for the opponent to win.

Like, I had a good time last season. Placements this season make me not want to touch this game again. Who knows, maybe I"ll even get a ban. Last game team wanted to talk shit when we had an afk. So I kept telling one player who was horrible how me and his mom would talk to him tommorow and how my shoe was under her bed.

Sometimes I'm horrible. It's been a horrible night, and people shit talking in a 4v5? And it takes then 40 minutes to win? And they keep talking shit? Fuck them.

• Options
    I feel like there are a higher number of troll games this season. It's not just for low rankings either. The number of streamers I've seen who have a troll or a person purposely inting or AFK-flaming in the fountain has been absurdly high.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I just dodged a draft where my team had picked Vi mid and Orianna support. Yeah, I'm staying out of ranked for a few days.

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    I just dodged a draft where my team had picked Vi mid and Orianna support. Yeah, I'm staying out of ranked for a few days.

TBH I think I'd rather have Vi mid than jungle

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Sprout wrote: »

TBH I think I'd rather have Vi mid than jungle

I think Vi Mid is a decent choice against Melee midlaners like Kassadin and Talon. Maybe Irelia/Akali but I've never really thought about that match up.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I mean... I could actually see Ori support working? At least she had a shield, some decent auto-attack harass via her passive, and one hell of a initiation ult.

Granted, I’ve never played it, so who knows in reality.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I mean... I could actually see Ori support working? At least she had a shield, some decent auto-attack harass via her passive, and one hell of a initiation ult.

I've played it (years ago, though not sure how long) and didn't think it was terrible. It's probably better now with changes to support itemization and Aery.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options

I've played it (years ago, though not sure how long) and didn't think it was terrible. It's probably better now with changes to support itemization and Aery.

I've seen it, but you just don't bring as much value as other damage supports. Karma does the same thing but way better. If you are an Ori ult god...maybe it's worth it just because of the high ult utility? But frankly something like Zyra is much better because you bring much more damage on the support gold/item curve.

• Options
    Oh yeah, that reminds me that I ran into Ultimate Terror the other night.

Jungle Lux.

The person playing it was a hair off from having one million mastery points on her, based on the loading screen card.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

I've seen it, but you just don't bring as much value as other damage supports. Karma does the same thing but way better. If you are an Ori ult god...maybe it's worth it just because of the high ult utility? But frankly something like Zyra is much better because you bring much more damage on the support gold/item curve.

I used to run Orianna support a loooong time ago (and had pleny of discussion in this thread about how, yes, it wasn't good, but it also wasn't that bad) and have been kind of tempted to try her again. I think her main problem is going to be that she just doesn't bring the damage that other support choices might do, while her utility is also pretty weak.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I just won a Ranked game and got an S on Rammus. I had a key lying around from fragments, so I opened it.

Four, possibly five times in a row now, I've gotten a skin shard (and just now an Emote) and another chest+key. What a streak!

And as soon as I come to post about it, the streak ends, haha. But I got Blackthorne Morgana from trading in 3 skins, and shards for Longhorn Alistar and Winter Wonder Neeko. Very nice.

Rius on
  • Options
    Well now that I can't flame people for their potatoes, I will instead tell them to go watch the Riot sponsored No Feeding video and that even the company thinks you need to "git gud".

Went 2-1 tonight. My loss was maybe my fault. Kept ganking for a Vlad top because Aatrox pushing him in when I was top. Could never get kills because Vlad damage is pathetic early. Despite all of this pressure, my Vlad feeds. So I focus on helping Talon get kills. Meanwhile goes 2-8 (combined) and flames me for never going botlane, despite countering the enemy jungler in river multiple times resulting in kills from Talon roaming with me.

Maybe I shouldn't have focused on Vlad and Talon to force enemy jungler mid/top and to let botlane do their thing (I had Lucian Morgana into Caitlin/Soraka). I figured they'd win that.

• Options
    3-1 for the evening, got promo'd to Bronze I =) Silver here I come!

• Options
    Running some ranked games, in case anyone wants to join in and watch the dumpster fire burn in Bronze.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Got myself a couple of Akali wins. Slowly putting her together. There's just so much to get down with her.

I'm hoping to really get myself able to pop off on her.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Ayyy, decided to buy the Lunar Revel pass. One of the four orbs had a loot bag, that loot bag had (among other things) a skin shard for Lunar Eclipse Leona. Which I really wanted. Profit!

I also got a shard for Project: Yi and a gemstone, so holla. Feels like I've been pretty lucky on these.

• Options
    Not bad, 8-1 today so far with Teemo, with a Illaoi win in there that one game that someone on my own team banned him out.

(And a loss on 'dinger, but that was a failure across the board for my team.)

Did end up getting into Bronze 2 (top) though.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Holy crap, I still can't believe I survived this.

https://youtu.be/fGAptN7LrqQ

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular

If I were that Jayce I'd be livid.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    evilthecat wrote: »

If I were that Jayce I'd be livid.

Yep between Alistar jungle and that fight, that's an instant nextgame.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    whoops, wrong thread :rotate:

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Kudos to your Lee Sin for realizing that he ought to come up to help you instead of doing his Wolves. His Safeguard is all the extra HP you needed to stay alive!

• Options
    Working up through Bronze I, finally saw my first Penta. Thankfully, it was a Jhin on our team and not somebody on the other team =)

We also had a Leona that had zero fear. She'd E into three champs and ult herself, with me on Sejuani half a screen away and the rest of our team a full screen away. And it'd work, too! Nothing says "engage" like a No-Fear-Leona.

• Options
    Adc itemization changes feel so good! I missed you, IE rush...*contented sigh*

Now I can go back to happily playing Sivir Caitlyn Xayah yay

I’m playing in another tournament-ish thing through Superleague gaming, this time online only and pretty casual (it’s Logitech-sponsored and there are like individual prizes for winning a lot of games, but no actual teams.) The matchmaking is nonexistent and not even positional, so you’re just thrown in with people bronze to diamond of any role, and frankly most of the time the team with the most diamond wins. But it also means I get the opportunity to play against people of vastly different skill and test my skill level/work to push my advantage. I beat a diamond Ezreal as Xayah—which ok yes, matchup in my favor (and also I think my support was high elo and on Pyke, and their support was plat 4 and a banned-out Sona onetrick forced onto Taric, so um actually I got carried) but still, feels good.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    And now i get an AFK 5 mintues in, and the game took 40 minutes for the opponent to win.

Like, I had a good time last season. Placements this season make me not want to touch this game again. Who knows, maybe I"ll even get a ban. Last game team wanted to talk shit when we had an afk. So I kept telling one player who was horrible how me and his mom would talk to him tommorow and how my shoe was under her bed.

Sometimes I'm horrible. It's been a horrible night, and people shit talking in a 4v5? And it takes then 40 minutes to win? And they keep talking shit? Fuck them.
    I'm a few days late because I'm catching up while I chill in an airport, but dude turn off all chat (forever) and go ahead and mute your teammates at game start for a few days. All chat is the worst possible gamble, you're accepting a very high probability of likely toxic possibly tilting definitely distracting garbage for what, the small chance someone says something that makes you chuckle? Forget that.

If you've got your own team muted you can just do what you find fun if the game goes to shit*, without having to hear ding dongs bicker about who knows what. Even your own team's chat is a losing gamble imo, more likely to be negative than beneficial - people rarely type strategy but they're quick to fire off criticism. I leave it on but it's the rare case where I believe in zero-tolerance, one BS comment and it's mutesville. It makes the game much more pleasant.

*How few times can I die, can I get perfect cs for 2 waves, what gold can I scrape out, can I think of a way to turn this around, can I kill that one enemy I hate, etc