As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I've lost four games at Bronze II 0 LP >.> I am concerned for my MMR at this point.

Edit: I think playing on the weekends is a hugely bad idea; I am seeing a lot of ALL CAPS SCREAMING in team chat today

Rius on
  • Options
    Did finally get a W, so I'm not on the bubble anymore. I still think I need to put a note on my monitor to not queue up on the weekends. Feels like people are on more of a hair trigger, I'm having to tell myself not to engage and just mute more often.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Huh, if you fail Bronze III Promos, you get a free win next time you get to those promos. Is it like that all the way up?

Up until you get to Gold I. I know it works that way getting out of Bronze and Silver, so it's not even just the "within metals" ranks. But a couple of seasons ago my main duo buddy had...4 or 5 series trying to get out of Gold, and I'm sure he wasn't banking free wins.
    Koreg wrote: »
    Ok, went and played a few Kindred games.

Still feels like they need a buff or two, but they added a healing aspect to them which is super nice.

Last game I had 9 or 10 marks. Felt like a sniper the whole time

I haven't played Kindred in a bit, but they seemed fine from what I remember. I like them quite a bit, but fitting a "proper" team comp becomes more difficult if you pick them.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    The issue hasn't been team comp so much as people just running it down over and over

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    At low ranks, stuff like team comps and champion synergy are almost irrelevant. Basic mechanics (like the ability to properly cs) and keeping your cool are far more important.

• Options
    The issue hasn't been team comp so much as people just running it down over and over
    Sprout wrote: »
    At low ranks, stuff like team comps and champion synergy are almost irrelevant. Basic mechanics (like the ability to properly cs) and keeping your cool are far more important.

While I mostly agree, trying to play Kindred into a team with like Kai'sa plus Sion, Thresh, and Maokai would likely be an exercise in frustration, assuming you have no front line of your own.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

I disagree. At low ranks thinks like amumu ultimates and such huge impacts to the game. Team comp and synergy matter more but not in the sense it does at high levels. Being able to team fight effectively even if you didn't plan it is huge at low elo's.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

I disagree. At low ranks thinks like amumu ultimates and such huge impacts to the game. Team comp and synergy matter more but not in the sense it does at high levels. Being able to team fight effectively even if you didn't plan it is huge at low elo's.

Big Aoe ults are big at low elo.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Alright. Third time is the charm.

B3. Had an amazing game where I had three kills and 1400 gold before my first blue buff spawned due to an invade that worked well. Went 8-0

Followed it up by a so so game. I have no idea on the proper itemization for Kindred. I go warrior - essense reaver - RFC. I go ER for CDR. However it doesn't feel like the right way. Builds say to rush storm razor, but that also feels clunky.

• Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    Inspired by Spirit's support play in the LCK, I got around to playing Jarvan IV support, It's super fun (only 2 games so far,) plays kind of like Rakan, but with a little more oomph. I tried Galio support this weekend, felt clunky while the Jarvan feels more smoother to my play style....

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Inspired by Spirit's support play in the LCK, I got around to playing Jarvan IV support, It's super fun (only 2 games so far,) plays kind of like Rakan, but with a little more oomph. I tried Galio support this weekend, felt clunky while the Jarvan feels more smoother to my play style....

The LCK broadcasters would call you a monster.

• Options
  • Options
    Well looks like you have to main Lux now.

In related news I broke down and bought the Super Galaxy Kindred Skin

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Like, it wasn't even a skin shard, just straight up here's the skin. I didn't even think that was possible.

I didn't buy the chest; I think I got it from the Honor system (or an S rank I suppose), but you can see in the screenshot it's just the regular Hextech boxes.

Rius on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I had that happen with the Gun Goddess MF skin. As I understand it, Legendaries always straight-up give you the skin, no essence needed. They're already such a low chance to show up that they wanted it to feel good to get one instead of having to grind out a billion orange to actually use it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Makes sense!

I had a really good game as Jungle Sejuani just now. It actually started off pretty rough, we were down 9-16 at one point. But our Ashe was doing really well and I figured I should just keep her ass alive and she'd carry me.

We were Darius - Sejuani - Cassiopeia - Ashe - Vel'Koz against Yorick - Mundo - Fizz - MF - Zyra. So I basically could either engage, or protect Ashe from Fizz dives and the Yorick+Mundo freight train. So we couldn't win fast; we basically had to win a fight, then baron, then shove everything and take all the inhibs. I could always see Fizz circling on the edge of the fight looking for a moment to dive Ashe, lol.

Finally, he says fuckit and runs in on a jungle flank, but we had a ward there. I threw my ult early, tagged him square as he was running into brush, then Ashe obligingly changed focus and melted him down while I charged him. Felt real, real good lol.

• Options
    On the flip side, I go 4-0 as Kindred, my mid lane ends up 2/14, my bot lane goes 4/15 combined, and my top lane is constantly yelling in all chat that he's reporting me for "afking in my jungle" because he keeps dying to telegraphed ganks because he pushes with no wards.

Sometimes this game is awesome. Others it's like I am at the whims of sniveling 12 year olds.

• Options
    Like, it wasn't even a skin shard, just straight up here's the skin. I didn't even think that was possible.

I didn't buy the chest; I think I got it from the Honor system (or an S rank I suppose), but you can see in the screenshot it's just the regular Hextech boxes.

It's only the Ultimate skins (I have PFE and EL from that, for what it's worth). Legendaries still require OE to upgrade; one of my last boxes was Gentleman Cho'Gath, which was not free.

But it's cool if you do pull one of the Ultimates!
    Followed it up by a so so game. I have no idea on the proper itemization for Kindred. I go warrior - essense reaver - RFC. I go ER for CDR. However it doesn't feel like the right way. Builds say to rush storm razor, but that also feels clunky.

Seems like Blade of the Ruined King is the next-best / most-common item after finishing your jungle item, which makes sense to me. Third should probably be Runaan's, RFC or BC. IE if you get a Zeal item.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Hey, under what circumstances would a little icon of a summoner spell be left behind in the spot wherever I use a summoner spell? Had a game last night where little Smite icons got left all over my jungle as I was clearing.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Hey, under what circumstances would a little icon of a summoner spell be left behind in the spot wherever I use a summoner spell? Had a game last night where little Smite icons got left all over my jungle as I was clearing.

Zoe, maybe? I think she can pick up remnants of used summoner spells to cast them herself.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Zoe, maybe? I think she can pick up remnants of used summoner spells to cast them herself.

I've only seen Zoe's W summoner skill pickups from popped balloons out of creeps. I've never seen a player-used summoner spell pickup.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

It is Zoe. That shows where she'd have to go to pick up what you just used.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The little summoner spell bubbles drop when a player uses one.

Red Raevyn on
  • Options
    Ivellius wrote: »

It's only the Ultimate skins (I have PFE and EL from that, for what it's worth). Legendaries still require OE to upgrade; one of my last boxes was Gentleman Cho'Gath, which was not free.

But it's cool if you do pull one of the Ultimates!

Seems like Blade of the Ruined King is the next-best / most-common item after finishing your jungle item, which makes sense to me. Third should probably be Runaan's, RFC or BC. IE if you get a Zeal item.

I think when I play next I'm going to try Warrior - BoRK - then Cleaver or RFC depending on team comp and see how that does.

• Options
    Red Raevyn wrote: »

Literally have never seen those. The only ones I've ever seen are the ones I get from creep kills.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Literally have never seen those. The only ones I've ever seen are the ones I get from creep kills.

That's how she works. If someone on the enemy team uses a summoner it'll leave a bubble for Zoe.
    Alright. Third time is the charm.

B3. Had an amazing game where I had three kills and 1400 gold before my first blue buff spawned due to an invade that worked well. Went 8-0

Please don't build essence reaver on kindred. It's a terrible item on her.

Essence reaver is for people who press their ultimate and then GO IN HARD with cool downs they want refreshed constantly, e.g. Lucian, Jax, Riven, maybe Vayne/Kai'Sa.

Kindred wants to have fights where she never even uses her R. Her R is a reactive ability, not proactive.

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Essence reaver is for people who press their ultimate and then GO IN HARD with cool downs they want refreshed constantly, e.g. Lucian, Jax, Riven, maybe Vayne/Kai'Sa.

Kindred wants to have fights where she never even uses her R. Her R is a reactive ability, not proactive.

Well, it is getting mostly reverted tomorrow. You still shouldn't get it on her, though.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

That's how she works. If someone on the enemy team uses a summoner it'll leave a bubble.

As I've said, the only bubbles I've seen have been dropped by the creeps carrying balloons. So Zoe snatching extra summoner spells works in more ways than one.

Incidentally, I'd also like to do my Zoe PSA: please don't kill the creeps carrying balloons...you're robbing her of about a third of her potential.

• Options
    Oh balls, I was trying to decide to play Rammus or Sejuani based on the enemy lineup, didn't click Lock In in time, and got a dodge timer. What a pisser.

• Options
    Went 2-3 tonight, but in two of my 3 losses I had good KDA (2.4 and 4.0), and op.gg says I was either the Ace on my team or had a better score than several opponents, lol.

My winrate is better with Sejuani (over less games, admittedly) and I think it's easily because she's more intimidating than Rammus and is better at peeling for my carries. I like the little armordillo but I think I should play Sej more.

• Options

Well, it is getting mostly reverted tomorrow. You still shouldn't get it on her, though.

Fair. You could build it on her since CDR is nice, but yea, I'd think warrior/devourer->Zeal item or IE depending on which you started with->Zeal item or IE (whichever you didn't build before).

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Rammus is more enemy team dependent IMO. You can wind up against a team that's heavy AP, High mobility, and like..Kaisa or something or double AP bot, and Rammus just doesn't do much. Sejuani is all around better, but if the enemy team is heavy auto attack champs (Yi, Vayne, yas) Rammus is a monster.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    When in your champ selects today, make sure your ADCs know about the crit item changes. Not everyone reads the patch notes.

• Options

Fair. You could build it on her since CDR is nice, but yea, I'd think warrior/devourer->Zeal item or IE depending on which you started with->Zeal item or IE (whichever you didn't build before).

Warrior - Bork -RFC has been reallly nice. Had two really good games (one I went like 15-4, but lost because my team kept going off solo when the enemy team had a fed Kayn/Talon who would duo run around ganking stragglers).

However with the new ADC changes I might go Shiv first for the slow for the extra CC.

• Options
    Makes sense!

I had a really good game as Jungle Sejuani just now. It actually started off pretty rough, we were down 9-16 at one point. But our Ashe was doing really well and I figured I should just keep her ass alive and she'd carry me.

We were Darius - Sejuani - Cassiopeia - Ashe - Vel'Koz against Yorick - Mundo - Fizz - MF - Zyra. So I basically could either engage, or protect Ashe from Fizz dives and the Yorick+Mundo freight train. So we couldn't win fast; we basically had to win a fight, then baron, then shove everything and take all the inhibs. I could always see Fizz circling on the edge of the fight looking for a moment to dive Ashe, lol.

Finally, he says fuckit and runs in on a jungle flank, but we had a ward there. I threw my ult early, tagged him square as he was running into brush, then Ashe obligingly changed focus and melted him down while I charged him. Felt real, real good lol.

So I added that Ashe to my friends list after that game, and we played a duo game last night. There was a moment where the enemy was taking an Infernal Drake and I was ready to blast cone over the wall to try and steal. They'd dropped a pink ward so I had to guess when to jump, and I was too late. But I Q'd in (playing Sejuani again) while our Ashe and Support Brand came down from the mid ramp to try and clean up. The enemy Kha'Zix, Ezreal and Nautilus all started to chain CC and DPS me, but somehow I did not die. Kha'zix took a crit from Ashe and peace'd the fuck out, and Naut/Ezreal left me alive with like 250 hp in the dragon pit, with my Q on cooldown so I could not escape. They did get the Drake but we got several kills and a tower so it felt like a win.

Ashe was like "I can't believe that worked" and I was all "they left me alive!", so I figured I'd watch the replay later. At the time I had Ninja Tabi and a Chain Vest, and after I Q'd in my armor was 250+ or something, and I had a lot of MR too. I thought it was from Sej's passive, and a part of it was, but the other big bonus was from Aftershock's defense boost. I keep forgetting the latter exists, but it's srs bsns!

So I'm going to be a little less worried about initiating fights with Sejuani because damn she tanky.

• Options
    I've also been watching a bunch of the free skill-capped site videos on youtube and they're hella useful

There's one about jungle tips that was all "oh holy shit duh" things you can do that I nonetheless never did.

• Options
    I've also been watching a bunch of the free skill-capped site videos on youtube and they're hella useful

There's one about jungle tips that was all "oh holy shit duh" things you can do that I nonetheless never did.

One of the most powerful things you can do as a jungle is strategically ward deep into the enemy jungle and force fights over buffs. When you watch a junglet from high Elo go down into low elos, they absolutely dominate the opposing jungler, basically never allowing them to feel safe.

• Options
    I had an amazing midlane Kat in one of my games that would go into jungle with me constantly to grab marks and to mess with the enemy jungler. It was so nice to have a laner reciprocate gank.

That's something a lot of laners seem to not understand. Junglers are there to help you get ahead through gank/forcing out your lane opponent. However, we also can use ganks and help with invades. If you get your lane opponent forced back or killed, help your jungler by pinging you want to go into the enemy jungle. Drop wards, steal a camp or two, chunk out the enemy jungler.

Along those lines. If you are in lane and your jungler is engaging in the river and you have some priority in lane, rotate to help them. You don't need to engage or dive on the jungler, but your presence is often enough to change the way that fight can go.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Also: if you are support and you can do so without dooming your lane or getting one shot in the river, go deep ward by the enemy buff when you have a chance. It feels amazing to drop a ward at blue and then their jg shows up a minute later and my jungler happily walks in (with my backup) and kills him

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Also, I should say that out of all the roles, Jungle is by far the most cerebral. You should have wards around the objectives (each opposing buff or dragon) timed to when those objectives spawn. You should be trying to marshal your team to play around objectives (this is so hard, but if you don't do it - no one else will). You should also know the relative strengths of your character vs the opposing jungler to know when you can take duels and how strong your invade is. It helps A TON if you can analyze comps to know what your window to win is.