As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I dont know if you guys have ever tried Essence Reaver Nocturne, but it is some hilarity. Whatever target your on is essentially perma CCed till they die.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    I get where you're coming from but then he has to play against Maokai who can point and click CC him and he explodes if Wind Wall is down.

Or someone knocks him up and he explodes because he can't cast Wind Wall.

Negating ults with a basic ability isn't unique to him. Vlad has had pool for ages. Fizz has Playful/Trickster. Braum has Unbreakable. Gnar has Wallop.

I mean shit Gnar's mini form W negates melee range ultimates because you can't actually catch him.

If I had to point to something obscene on Yasuo's kit it's the bonus armor pen for ulting or a combination of passive strength or charge speed.

the counter to every character is stun them and blow them up, if that's the only way to deal with Yasuo it means that he really doesn't have a weakness except for the same weakness every character has.

It's also the case that only one of those characters can negate an ult in the way yasuo can by simply making the ult not exist or do any damage to anyone. And that's Braum, and he can do it with an ability that doesn't get wider the more points is in it, and doesn't prevent all damage to every character because it still hits him.

Yasuo's wind wall is pretty singular in it's ability to just shut entire characters down. There are some champs that can become invulnerable for a very short time, but they can't make their whole team invulnerable

oh taric, forgot about him. I'm also a little more comfortable that if anyone is going to negate enemy abilities that they be supports. having a hyper carry that can also negate enemies is not good.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Taric's ult has a pretty ludicrous amount of build up time, though, especially when compared to how fast Yasuo's wall can come out.

I still haven't actually seen anyone else playing Taric, thinking about it.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Is yasuo annoying? Yes. Is master yi also annoying? Also yes.

The lower the elo the more hyper carry melees feel op.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Also the more susceptible they are to cc. They cannot damage your team without being in range for you to blow them up. If you draft no cc and the yi goes 20/0 is that cause yi is op or is it because maybe you need cc?

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I'm thankful the game doesn't treat an ulting Vi as a projectile and blink her out of existence if she hits a windwall.

... well I was, now I'm wondering if I've ever actually done that and hoping it's actually true. Probably safe, more likely to be coded as a minion than anything else.

• Options
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I'm thankful the game doesn't treat an ulting Vi as a projectile and blink her out of existence if she hits a windwall.

... well I was, now I'm wondering if I've ever actually done that and hoping it's actually true. Probably safe, more likely to be coded as a minion than anything else.

you can also QSS the knock up as soon as she hits you/yasuo hits you etc.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm 0-5 in my Placements so far; the first two losses were abominable, truly horrid play on my part. The next 3 were all games with good to great personal performances as Rammus jungle, but I had some truly toxic feeders. Like, this last game, we had Vayne/Nami bot against Tristana/Pyke. I said, I'll come gank bot at level 3, we have plenty of CC, should be great.

Nami died at level 2, then Vayne overextended and also died, and then Vayne pinged me 5x and said why didn't you come gank? It was like 2 minutes into the game, I'd barely done my second camp. When next we were both on the same screen as each other, she pinged me 5x and flashed on top of me for no reason at all. Just so toxic.

She had 119 CS at 34 minutes with 2 items. Hard to win, even with a massively fed Malz on our team, at that point =/ I'm trying to help winning lanes and prioritize their strongest champs in teamfights at least.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    o3bhl1z8ahn1.jpg

Finally got a win with 10-2-19 Rammus, lol. Got first blood and first tower mission too! Only got an a+ ranking, though =/

Rius on
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Nice to break the streak! I didn't know they brought it down to 8 from 10, that's cool. I might get into it next week.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Nice to break the streak! I didn't know they brought it down to 8 from 10, that's cool. I might get into it next week.

It can actually be less I believe

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

One of the greatest League bugs ever and why I forgive Yasuo so much is that his Windwall would delete Shaco if used on him when he ulted. Both Shacos are/were projectiles and they'd both get deleted from the map.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Rius wrote: »
    I'm 0-5 in my Placements so far; the first two losses were abominable, truly horrid play on my part. The next 3 were all games with good to great personal performances as Rammus jungle, but I had some truly toxic feeders. Like, this last game, we had Vayne/Nami bot against Tristana/Pyke. I said, I'll come gank bot at level 3, we have plenty of CC, should be great.

Nami died at level 2, then Vayne overextended and also died, and then Vayne pinged me 5x and said why didn't you come gank? It was like 2 minutes into the game, I'd barely done my second camp. When next we were both on the same screen as each other, she pinged me 5x and flashed on top of me for no reason at all. Just so toxic.

She had 119 CS at 34 minutes with 2 items. Hard to win, even with a massively fed Malz on our team, at that point =/ I'm trying to help winning lanes and prioritize their strongest champs in teamfights at least.

If it makes you feel better I've had multiple games where I go 5-0 or 6-0 in jungle and everyone seems to be ahead on my team. Then they decide to solo push inhib turrets when we all recalled. Or I say I'm going to push botwave give me time, and they all dive under a turret 4v5.

Then we lose, and it's all my fault.

Koreg on
    If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    help me understand placements. I've played one game now, midlane, got Iron 2. Am I now in goddamn iron division?

Do I need to play 7 more placements to see where I'll actually be placed?

Halp

• Options
    Keep doing your placements; as you win, you'll get more rank points (and move to higher ranks.) If you lose in placements, you don't lose any rank points.

Once you're done with placements, you'll have to do advancement games to move to higher ranks.

• Options
    How harsh is the reset this season? I finished gold 4 I'm guessing I'll start somewhere in silver

• Options
    Another amusing thing about being all the way down here in Iron I with a King Rammus skin is people generally assume I bought the account

• Options
    Had a Hecarim game last night where I lost.

Enemy team in post game "Wow, Hec sorry about your team"

So that felt nice

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Oh god my 8th placement game. My toplane Cho, pre-minion spawn, chases enemy toplane Swain into/through their jungle, tower dives under mid tower, dies, and immediately "crashes" and disconnects, and doesn't return until Swain is level 4.

But still, I go top, Cho'Gath hits level 2 and we gank/kill Swain. Cho'Gath even gets the kill to help him catch up.

Meanwhile, mid LeBlanc is complaining that I need to "play my role more", ignoring the events of the last minute entirely. And bottom lane asks for a gank.

I head bot through the enemy jungle as our wave is pushing up to bot tower. Right as I'm rolling out to engage under the tower with Braum/Jinx, Jinx "crashes" and disconnects. And doesn't return for six minutes.

Then, when she gets back, she flames me for grumbling in team chat about how unlucky we are.

We lose, predictably. I have more gold than everyone on my team, and the least amount of deaths. I have 50% more CS than our Top and ADC. I have two less CS than our Mid.

These kinds of games shouldn't fucking count when you're doing placements. Holy fuck. Now my Jungle rank is Iron I, 70 LP. I went 1-7 in my placements when by any reasonable evaluation of my performance the least I could have been blessed with is 3-5.

Edit: won my next game, got promoted to Bronze IV, no promo series; I'll take it

Rius on
  • Options
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Jungle.

Where it's all your fault and the K/D/As don't matter

• Options
    Well I finished my placements 5-3 for supp. G2 to start this season. Maybe I'll try to grind up to plat and then begin my attempt to become the Irelia/Akali/Kat midlaner of my dreams...

Or I'll just start losing by doing that. Unsure.

• Options
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Ok, first game of ranked this season (a win) put me at gold 4 50 LP (ended preseason Plat 4 in promos for Plat 3), so looks like a full division reset.

Zyra is so good and honestly playing with plat adcs remains a delight. I know it's still 'low elo' in the grand scheme of things, but they tend to play with the sort of judgment that I expect and that goes well with my playstyle, and I really appreciate it!

...also I can't help but feel that I have now beaten the game. After all, every previous season has been about climbing to gold, but this season I just placed into gold so...gg! w e d i d i t b o y z

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Last game the enemy Rammus went attack speed with devourer and just blew up any time he did anything

Hah finally the troll build is on the other team

• Options
    there's a KR Master Rammus that does that and someone made a guide for it, like just building the items is gonna be enough lol

• Options
    Ok, support placements done: 6-2, gold 2 5 LP. I don't feel outmatched or struggling so I should be able to climb now.

How do offrole placements work? Like if I try to place jungle, is it seriously going to start me at gold 4 like it did for support and I can't go down from there during placements? Because I am not a low gold jungler...

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    Ok, support placements done: 6-2, gold 2 5 LP. I don't feel outmatched or struggling so I should be able to climb now.

How do offrole placements work? Like if I try to place jungle, is it seriously going to start me at gold 4 like it did for support and I can't go down from there during placements? Because I am not a low gold jungler...

It will but your mmr will be lower.

• Options
    I am a low bronze rank, so I want to make sure my macro decisions make sense.

At 25 mins or so we win a fight 3-0, we miss the support and jungle. We all are over 2/3rds HP. I outlevel the enemy jungler.

The correct call is always Baron right?

Not wait for a wave to push a tower, and nothing g else because we had to wait for the wave.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    I am a low bronze rank, so I want to make sure my macro decisions make sense.

At 25 mins or so we win a fight 3-0, we miss the support and jungle. We all are over 2/3rds HP. I outlevel the enemy jungler.

The correct call is always Baron right?

Not wait for a wave to push a tower, and nothing g else because we had to wait for the wave.

Depends on item break-points reached, how strong your damage is, and ideally having one low-damage high-durability tank / enchanter to take the Baron's hits, but usually yes. With the enemy jungler up, however, it's okay to go for something else--while you should be able to out-smite, mistakes happen.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Doing some ranked top, seeing how far I can get just slamming a bunch of Teemo into Bronze.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Huh, if you fail Bronze III Promos, you get a free win next time you get to those promos. Is it like that all the way up?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Huh, if you fail Bronze III Promos, you get a free win next time you get to those promos. Is it like that all the way up?

not between divisions, but within them yes.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I've been asking my top/mid laners how their matchups are, if I don't know enough about them to judge for myself

Me: Hey top, mid; how are your matchups
    Garen: I don't know
    Garen gets First Blood on Warwick
    Garen: My matchup is fine

:rotate:

Rius on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Not bad, ended up going 1-0 with Kled and 5-1 with Teemo tonight to climb up and get through a promotion series to Bronze III Top.

People apparently can't handle the shrooms.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Woo, Promo'd from Bronze IV to Bronze II. That's enough for one night.

• Options
    You guys got me to delve into ranked this season against my better judgment.

As mid Karthus there are two enemies I hate. Fizz and leblanc. Do so bad against them both.

Ban leblanc. Face fizz with a premium skin. He hits 6 right before I do and gets a kill on me with no trade back. He proceeds to R me on cool down and kill me no matter if I have flash or am between towers. I proceed to feed

0-1 from gold IV to silver 4. I know I can only climb up, but ouch.

Fuck fizz.

• Options
    Ok, went and played a few Kindred games.

Still feels like they need a buff or two, but they added a healing aspect to them which is super nice.

Last game I had 9 or 10 marks. Felt like a sniper the whole time

• Options
    edited February 2019
    spool32 wrote: »

not between divisions, but within them yes.

I think you get a free win in division promos too, don’t you? Last season I only had to try each one once but previously I have memories of having a free win...maybe false memories from so many free wins from bouncing around within a division...

Also—of my 8 support games, I inexplicably played 2 Lulu games. I don’t like Lulu! But she kinda feels right when your adc just wants to chill in lane and farm and the enemy team has a lot of all-in that you envision polymorphing. Also good to pick into something like Thresh when Morgana is banned but you don’t feel like responding with a tank support because you know you’ll get bored and start engaging but you shouldn’t because of the adc matchup (and you feel iffy about choosing zyra because you think you might actually be facing plat supports who are capable of punishing your squishy mage pick :D )

credeiki on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Oof, someone picked my Rammus so I went Sej Jungle, got 6-2-14, and we still lost because I whiffed a Baron smite =/

That's not the only reason of course; we threw a prodigious lead. Our Akali was mega-toxic and spent a lot of time flaming in chat (you can always tell even if they're muted), and our coordination post-baron was really poor. I need more teamfight experience.

Kalista is basically impossible to hit with Sej ult, I did find that out.

Rius on
  • Options
    B4 promos try number 2.

One auto win, first game: Neeko midlane, who is level 5 when the Mid-Vlad is level 7. 35 CS the entire game. Toplane Sion gives Riven 6 kills in 10 minutes.

Second game, Yasuo mid goes 2-14 or something similar and flames the entire time. While Tryndamere feeds a Renekton five kills.

I know this game has an aspect of if you do well, you can carry but not from these sorts of games