Options

[Total War]: 3 Kingdoms is out! Rats and Lizardman fight it out in WH2.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    that all sounds pretty sick!

but my mods will all be broken :cry:

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The rampage change is a biiiiiig buff for lizardmen

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    The rampage change is a biiiiiig buff for lizardmen

Yea. Many high tier lizardmen units receive an increase in the tier of buildings required to achieve them and i think there are also some general stat reductions. Still should be pretty valuable overall.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The Audio notes are all great, as is [
    The dainty paws of the crewmember on the back of the Doomwheel now line up correctly with the handle they are pumping]

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    AI no longer gets free public order buffs.

That's nice for vamps too

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    That Vampire Coast strength reduction is welcome. They have been steamrolling the other NPC factions in my games.

Nothing there about upping the Dwarf autoresolve strength though, poor guys have basically been wiped out by the other factions (including Vampire Coast) in my Skarsnik game, which presents a small problem as I have a quest to raze some of their cities.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    Patch notes are out, though having trouble loading for me at the moment. A lot of neat details I've seen mentioned though, like Feral Cold Ones are now a standard recruitable unit for Lizardmen.

Also in bad news for Araby, Grace confirmed there will be no new races added to Warhammer 2, but we do have more lord packs coming.

I don’t mind Araby that much, I would love to see a non european human race but their area is really crowded anyway.

I do feel like not having southern realms is a bit odd. They could be game 3, but then that would leave out pirazzo. On the other hand they have a lot of eastern connections and could reuse a lot of game 3 assets (hobgoblins and ogres). We don’t know how far west the game 3 map extends.

I do wonder what they are doing with west Lustria.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    May have to start a Bretonnian campaign, see if I finally like them.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost This is also my fault Registered User regular
    I finally finished a game of this! I was Dwarfs and I beat Chaos and then accidentally owned enough of the old Dwarf holds that I won. Not sure who to try out next. Maybe finish my Tomb Kings game, or try out someone new. Maybe some version of elf?

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I would wait until tomorrow since there's a chance the new update could mess with existing saves. Though it might also not be that bad.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    New update will mess with existing saves(iirc) and theyre adding a warning for having different mods/game version.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    New update will mess with existing saves(iirc) and theyre adding a warning for having different mods/game version.

This is pretty on par for most Total war updates. I'm just happy that total war games are shorter than Europa Universalis games. "Nope. I didn't finish this game either due to an update".

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I'm pretty seriously bummed about losing the prospect of Araby being added to the game. I understand the map is crowded, but the flavor! The flavor man! Now all the living humans in the game are going to stay psuedo-European in perpetuity.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Iblis wrote: »
    Also in bad news for Araby, Grace confirmed there will be no new races added to Warhammer 2, but we do have more lord packs coming.

I completely fine with this. New lords and the occasional new unit for existing races is a good way to spice up what’s already in the game.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Unless we get Cathay in the third game, but that's a bit of a stretch though.

I am quite curious where they're gonna go with future lord packs. I'm gonna assume they will be cross game, since they've expressed some interest there previously and it will give them a good excuse to update the Empire/Greenskins. Grom vs Eltharion is a popular pick for Greenskins/High Elves. I also assume this is how we'll get Thanquol, since way back when Andy suggested he would come eventually.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2019
    For anyone downloading the DLC today I had to opt out of the old launcher to get it to download and install. It was showing as installed but definitely wasn't.

A duck! on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    For anyone downloading the DLC today I had to opt out of the old launcher to get it to download and install. It was showing as installed but definitely wasn't.

You only have to restart steam.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

Egg on my face, then!

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Steam can be real weird and opaque about deciding to download dlc or not.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

Egg on my face, then!

You fucking idiot.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    So far this update has completely tanked my performance which is very strange. I've gone from everything on max getting me 30 fps+ to <15 and a crash when I hit the battle map

edit: yep, crashes every time. whoops!

Tube on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I've had to verify my files after updating in the past. Failing that redownload.

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Tehenhuin has a sacrifice menu and you have enough on turn 1 for the red crested renown regiment. Nice to start out with.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Hmm, Tiqtacto starts out at war with sudenberg in ME, interesting. Victory conditions seem to encourage you to take the araby area and plow into sartosa and skavenblight.

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Clan Fester is no joke playing as Tehenhuain. They turn up with two full stacks at like turn 5. Doesn't help that I don't know how to skink but I'm figuring it out slowly.

Jephery wrote: »
    Tehenhuin has a sacrifice menu and you have enough on turn 1 for the red crested renown regiment. Nice to start out with.

They're very good. They have an ability with a decent cooldown that prevents them from dying for 20 seconds.

Jungle swarm from Sacrifice to Xahau is also pretty strong if you can land it.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Does anyone know if the Underempire spread buildings like the Subterranean Pit will spread to adjacent provinces? So far it's only spread in the same province, but I could just be getting unlucky.

EDIT: Nevermind, it happened on its own.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    danx wrote: »
    Clan Fester is no joke playing as Tehenhuain. They turn up with two full stacks at like turn 5. Doesn't help that I don't know how to skink but I'm figuring it out slowly.

Jephery wrote: »

They're very good. They have an ability with a decent cooldown that prevents them from dying for 20 seconds.

Jungle swarm from Sacrifice to Xahau is also pretty strong if you can land it.

It helps that they don't have siege in their armies and only one unit of rat ogres. Its just dealing with hordes of clanrats and skaven slaves in the field and a tier 3 walled minor settlement.

Tehenhuin could almost solo the armies by himself with Flock of Doom.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Given their willingness to expand on lore to create new units and factions, I'm hoping they'll eventually add Clan Moulder and add a bunch of Moulder stuff. Rat Ogres and Abominations are cool, but they're supposed to make all sorts of rat-based abominations and mutant creatures. IIRC originally the Skaven were going to have more mutant monsters as part of their standard forces like Wolf Rats but due to a variety of concerns (including making them too much like other monster-heavy Chaos factions) they didn't put much focus on them beyond a the couple we got. But I'd love to see someone go wild with the idea. I do think if some creative thought is put in there will be ways to differentiate the sort of intentional, guided mutation of the Skaven and the wild monsters of other Chaos factions.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    There was a full Clan Moulder force in 6th edition. Can't recall everything it had, but I know it had stuff like Rat Ogres modified with Skryer tech (much like the more modern Stormfiends), Harbingers of Mutation (spellcasters that only had Vermintide as a spell and could commune with rats), Master Moulders as hero choices and Master Mutators as lords (who like Throt tended to be mutated Monster said themselves) and had Throt, Skweel, and a fucking Rat Ogre that Throt transplanted a chaos champion'a brain into named Goritch as their named characters.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    This campaign is much more relaxed with the minor factions holding their own against the main factions.

Edit: So Tehenhuin's campaign is turning out very easy. The Saurus factions overran the skaven factions when I activated the second sacrifice phase that puts all Lizardman factions as war with all Skaven factions, and because we're all at war with the same enemies they all want to confederate with me.

Jephery on
    }
  • Options
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I've had to verify my files after updating in the past. Failing that redownload.

I did both and no luck :(

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    So far Skaven starting game is...not fun. Going to get cannons soon though so maybe it'll be more shooty shooty boom boom

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Skaven get all the best lines

83cexjovsdg0.png

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    So far Skaven starting game is...not fun. Going to get cannons soon though so maybe it'll be more shooty shooty boom boom

As soon as you get plagueclaw catapults Skaven get way more punch. Heck I've been pulling off some battles simply by having 3 catapults and tons of slaves to hold the line.

The new units are lovely, setting up killzones with ratling gunners while Jezzails snipe out high priority targets (took out the Fay Enchantress before she got off more than 2 spells) is a thing of beauty. Doom Flayers may be a bit too good as I don't seem to lose them at all, given they haven't faced much cavalry which I bet is a harder counter to them.

I'm still kind of eh on Skaven skirmishers/slingers and plague monks. The former doesn't have the punch of other archers (the skirmishers can be a nice annoyance at times but little more it seems) and the plague monks are just outmatched by the deadly ranged options the skaven bring since they're too squishy on their own to do much except mulch low tier meat shields. I guess the one credit I can give them is not needing firing lines, but with the suppression of the ratling gunners, these ranged damage dealers seem way more viable.

• Options
    Given their willingness to expand on lore to create new units and factions, I'm hoping they'll eventually add Clan Moulder and add a bunch of Moulder stuff. Rat Ogres and Abominations are cool, but they're supposed to make all sorts of rat-based abominations and mutant creatures. IIRC originally the Skaven were going to have more mutant monsters as part of their standard forces like Wolf Rats but due to a variety of concerns (including making them too much like other monster-heavy Chaos factions) they didn't put much focus on them beyond a the couple we got. But I'd love to see someone go wild with the idea. I do think if some creative thought is put in there will be ways to differentiate the sort of intentional, guided mutation of the Skaven and the wild monsters of other Chaos factions.

I would be shocked if Clan Moulder was not one of the upcoming lord packs.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »

I did both and no luck :(

For me DX12 made it run like shit and DX11 was a lot better.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Tehenhauin is some damn good fun.

Took a while to crack the first Skaven clan as they holed up in a level 3 settlement and I couldn't afford a second army.

Eventually I made peace with them and then ran off after Teclis so I then stabbed them in the back.

The diplomatic penalty was worth it. Most people love me for destroying them anyway.

Salamanders are the light.

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So, I'm playing Carcassone, and I have no idea how I'm supposed to be fighting off Skryre. They never engage me in a battle, they just run back and forth pulling my army away until they have a second army, my attempts to block their army never works, on the occassions I can even try when their army isn't at see bouncing from beach to beach. If I go after their cities they'll just attack my cities while I'm away and burn them down, and it's impossible to pursue other goals while they're there. How the hell am I supposed to fight them?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Ambush stance Lord Asmodeus. Let them come in on a juicy target and then BAM. Right in the kisser.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    OMG Warplock Jezzails are so good. I'm still in early game but I'm rocking a few of them and they just MELT though heavy targets. I managed to keep a lord stunlocked with 2 groups while it just flailed about and died. Ratling Gunners are also crazy fun. They don't have the range or accuracy of Jezzails but they lay down such a hail of fire that they can shatter weaker units charging them before the can even make it to melee. Skaven Slaves still struggle against even zombies but the extra firepower really helps even out the curve. I'm also really digging the new autoresolve system. In battles where I would expect to take very few to no casualties (for example when running down the remnants of an army you just defeated) if you took command yourself, the autoresolve casualties are now in line. Autoresolve used to claim unacceptably high casualties for crazy one sided battles.

This discussion has been closed.