Options

[Slay the Spire] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i just did a 999 damage body slam to the champ and it crashed the game

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Seeing Red+ into Bash+ into 4 mana Whirlwind+ with +3 Strength... I've stumbled into a monstrosity lol. This Nemesis is getting his face melted.

Edit: oh bollocks, he was intangible. Oh well, next round I did Seeing Red+ into Double Tap into 5 mana Whirlwind+. Still face melted.

Rius on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

Huh. I'm almost certain I've seen a 999 body slam before, so it can't just be that

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    My own quick and dirty tier list, if it has a + you should really upgrade it ASAP. I'll take as many S tier cards as offered, auto pick the first copy of any given A tier cards unless I'm doing a thing, and choose from B tier cards to shore up any holes, particularly in the early game.

Ironclad
    S: Offering
    A: Body Slam+, Uppercut+, Shrug it off, Whirlwind, Seeing Red, Double Tap, Brutality
    B: Barricade, Rampage+, Armaments+, Carnage, Ghostly Armor, Flame Barrier, Pommel Strike+, Drop Kick, Demon Form, Second Wind

Silent
    S: Neutralize+, Adrenaline+
    A: Well Laid Plans, Tools of the Trade, Noxious Fumes, Terror, Heel Hook, Escape Plan
    B: Dash, Phantasmal Killer+, Blur, Backflip, Expertise+, Bullet Time+

Neutral
    S: Apotheosis, Flash of Steel
    A: Thinking Ahead+, Secret Weapon/Tech+, Finesse

Curses:
    S: Clumsy (I remove Strikes/Defends before I get rid of this, honestly!)

Archetypes:
    Infinity - many 0 mana draw 1+ (including drop kick and heel hook, but ideally flash of steel), at most three 1 mana draw 2. Powers and exhaust cards to supplement
    Block - Barricade, armor cards, Entrench, Shield Slam+
    Strength - a strength card, Heavy Blade, Limit Break+
    Poison - A poison card, Bane, Catalyst+
    Shiv - Accuracy+, shiv cards, Terror (Choke, Finisher)

I'd put Uppercut as a B and Brutality as a B.

I'd put Terror as an A if upgraded, potentially Heel Hook as a B (since it can be situational).

I'd put Apotheosis as S+++++ tier (it's easily the best card in the game because of the path and upgrade flexibility it creates).

I'd also add Exhaust as an IC archetype/sub-archetype based around Corruption/Feel No Pain. It's also relatively easy to incorporate into Block (and Strength to a lesser extent with the right relics).

The more I think about Relics, the harder it is to make a tier list considering their randomness and situational strength.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Huh. I'm almost certain I've seen a 999 body slam before, so it can't just be that

I've done a 999 body slam 2 patches ago and it was fine. Maybe this patch?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

Sounds like The Champ still reigns supreme

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    when i reloaded it started me back at neow and acted as if i died on floor 1 even though i was... fighting... the champ...

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Just lost back-to-back games with good decks in the making because my first fight was against the Chosen. Yeah, that guy either needs a slight nerf or needs to not be in your first 3 fights.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Battle Trance+ into Double Seeing Red+ into Whirlwind+ on the tier 2 Elite boss that's two Orb Walkers. This isn't even fair.

Edit: 144 damage Whirlwind on a fresh 300hp The Maw

Edit Edit: Dreamcatcher just offered me a 4th Seeing Red+ to go with my two Whirlwind+.

Edit the third: the dream is dead =( I died to the Awakened One boss and his adds because in five turns I never drew into the combo pieces =( Several of those turns were heavy draw turns too. Feels bad man.

Rius on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Lost a run because of tree branch cluttering up my deck with garbage, I really need to skip that relic basically every time.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018

Champ seems to have a thing for busting the game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabDirtyStorkOSkomodo
    That fight was fascinating, because he thought he was going to die immediately. But was like "I need nightmare footwork to even have a chance", and drew for it. But chat remembered he had frozen eye, and thus already knew he actually had both on top!

Then Champ very quickly hit metallicize 18 so he had to kill him almost entirely through Bronze Scales. Took about an hour!

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Lost a run because of tree branch cluttering up my deck with garbage, I really need to skip that relic basically every time.

I lost a run earlier when the spinning wheel goblin put a dead branch in my deck

You should have a choice to pass the reward relic imo

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Just lost back-to-back games with good decks in the making because my first fight was against the Chosen. Yeah, that guy either needs a slight nerf or needs to not be in your first 3 fights.

Both times I died to that son of a bitch it wasn't even alone.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yea I get chosen plus ca caw guy a lot and in most of my silent decks that’s 30 hp gone minimum.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Silent feels much more susceptible to unlucky early game spawns causing unrecoverable positions than Ironclad does. People rag on Bash but its ability to carry your damage in early game can really help.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Finally got Ascension 3 on the back of the world's most random Snecko Eye deck. The only 3-Energy card I had was Barricade, and the only 2-Energy cards I had were Uppercut, Juggernaut, and Searing Blow (1 each).
    ce6yoz39yrcn.png

If you want your brain to explode while playing this game, just take Snecko Eye when you have half of an Exhaust deck with two Battle Trances and two Shrug It Offs and no real win condition other than stacking Block and hoping to outlast the enemy. Literally every single turn made me feel like Steve Nash in A Beautiful Mind.

Oh, and getting fucking Time Lord when the easiest way to win is to cycle your deck as much as possible. Fuck you, asshole. Fuck you.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Huh, first time I've seen this.
    F44tqyy.jpg?1

The auto-upgrade relics are real neat, and combo REAL WELL with Pandora's Box :P

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

I lost a run earlier when the spinning wheel goblin put a dead branch in my deck

You should have a choice to pass the reward relic imo

I've ran into that fucker 7 times and have gotten: gold x1, remove a card x1, curse x5

WTF game?!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Having a real rough night with the silent. My decks are just not coming together.

I keep getting offered Envenoms and Banes, so I take them because that seems like an actual good use of poison damage. But I'm just not getting the relics I need for energy generation.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Every time I have hit the wheel gremlin it spins to the heal option

Most of these times are shortly after the first area boss

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    My second day, my first victory! Against Time Lord, no less.

dklqu3rlu31s.jpg

I can't really take any credit here, though; this build was apeshit.

8kjdsiawem99.jpg

So yeah. I picked up Demon Form almost immediately on floor 1 from some room or another, but once I spotted Bottled Tornado in a shop, things just got out of hand very quickly. Brutality was late floor 2, Double Tap early floor 3. Feed at first, and then Reaper, helped me sustain decently high life totals before I picked up the mana relics. Ancient Tea Set made first turns against bosses much smoother. Gambler's Chip is a hell of a relic too.

I may have killed Time Lord on my fifth turn, after about ~19 actions. Double Tap+ into Heavy Blade+ with 12 Str from Demon Form will ruin anyone's day. He actually only had 3 HP left at the end of my 4th turn, I probably messed up an earlier kill somehow.

• Options
    Just won a run with 3 Footworks and an Oddly Smooth Stone.

Dex4Dayz

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    We should compile a list of cards to build archetypes around. More importantly what to take in the early stages of the game. Something like Footwork is almost always good in any deck where maybe Catalyst is great, but not as a first pick.

The card tier list I posted on page 1 has a lot of info on which cards fit which archetypes. It's a bit out of date and obviously the tiering is very subjective, but it doesn't feel like it'd be that hard to start with that and build more of a early/midgame guide for picks.

That list is insane. It massively overrates basically every single 0-cost card. Clash is trash. Anger is literally worse than a Strike. Preparation is a do-nothing card with a downside, unless you have synergy. Similarly, fantastic high-cost cards like Flame Barrier, Dash, Predator, Leg Sweep, and Shock Wave are all rated super low, even though they're incredibly solid cards. And then some baffling choices like saying True Grit is worse than a strike or defend. Or that Immolate is even potentially not trash.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    On the other hand, Anger with the Top relic is hilarious.

• Options
    furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    n1esb9ekny0u.jpg

Yet another turn 1 infinite deck as I climb the ascension ladder. MVP of the run was Pandora's box.

If I hadn't taken that stupid Toolbox relic, I would have lived the dream of cycling infinite finesse/heel hook.

I see a tier list floating around. Heel Hook should be tier A for silent. Your first upgrade is always going to be Neutralize and your deck should be small enough that you neutralize every other turn (or 100 times in the same turn ).

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Garthor wrote: »
    We should compile a list of cards to build archetypes around. More importantly what to take in the early stages of the game. Something like Footwork is almost always good in any deck where maybe Catalyst is great, but not as a first pick.

The card tier list I posted on page 1 has a lot of info on which cards fit which archetypes. It's a bit out of date and obviously the tiering is very subjective, but it doesn't feel like it'd be that hard to start with that and build more of a early/midgame guide for picks.

That list is insane. It massively overrates basically every single 0-cost card. Clash is trash. Anger is literally worse than a Strike. Preparation is a do-nothing card with a downside, unless you have synergy. Similarly, fantastic high-cost cards like Flame Barrier, Dash, Predator, Leg Sweep, and Shock Wave are all rated super low, even though they're incredibly solid cards. And then some baffling choices like saying True Grit is worse than a strike or defend. Or that Immolate is even potentially not trash.

Do you mean prepared? Prepared+ is an amazing card that needs no synergy. I try to pick up one or two in my runs. I'll grab 1 early and 2 if I start seeing synergy cards. You draw more cards each turn than you typically play in the early game and your deck is still full of strikes and defends. Prepared lets you cycle them. And if you happen to pick up tactician at some point you basically just win the game.

Now acrobatics is definitely a card that requires synergy to be good. But with the new card expertise, making a deck that cycles itself repeated is extremely easy and the card that makes it happen is prepared+.

furbat on
  • Options
    Yeah whoops, Prepared. And yes, Prepared+ is a pretty good card, with a minor downside. But that spreadsheet just lists Prepared, doesn't say it's a priority upgrade, and has no note like "MUST BE UPGRADED" like it does for True Grit, so I'm assuming the person who made it thinks Prepared, unupgraded, is good. Which it is not.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    It's definitely a priority for upgrade, but the card fits 1x into every silent deck. I think it's good to grab one as early as possible. It costs nothing to have in your deck (but yes it does nothing un upgraded)

furbat on
  • Options
    furbat wrote: »
    It's definitely a priority for upgrade, but the card fits 1x into every silent deck. I think it's good to grab one as early as possible. It costs nothing to have in your deck (but yes it does nothing un upgraded)

It costs a card in your hand. This is USUALLY not an issue, unless you have something that gives you mana, a bunch of 0-cost cards (as that tier lists suggests you do... Swift Strike? Seriously?) or just too many Dazes (which you can discard but then they don't exhaust), in which case it's a serious problem. On top of that, spending an upgrade to dig one single card further is... not valuable.

I'll take a Prepared+ if it's offered. I'll almost never take just a Prepared, unless I'm going HARD on discard synergies or am trying to get a Grand Finale running.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    My own quick and dirty tier list, if it has a + you should really upgrade it ASAP. I'll take as many S tier cards as offered, auto pick the first copy of any given A tier cards unless I'm doing a thing, and choose from B tier cards to shore up any holes, particularly in the early game.

Ironclad
    A: Body Slam+, Uppercut+, Shrug it off, Whirlwind, Seeing Red, Double Tap, Brutality
    B: Barricade, Rampage+, Armaments+, Carnage, Ghostly Armor, Flame Barrier, Pommel Strike+, Drop Kick, Demon Form, Second Wind

Silent
    A: Well Laid Plans, Tools of the Trade, Noxious Fumes, Terror, Heel Hook, Escape Plan

Neutral

Curses:

Archetypes:
    Infinity - many 0 mana draw 1+ (including drop kick and heel hook, but ideally flash of steel), at most three 1 mana draw 2. Powers and exhaust cards to supplement

I'd put Uppercut as a B and Brutality as a B.

I'd put Terror as an A if upgraded, potentially Heel Hook as a B (since it can be situational).

I'd put Apotheosis as S+++++ tier (it's easily the best card in the game because of the path and upgrade flexibility it creates).

I'd also add Exhaust as an IC archetype/sub-archetype based around Corruption/Feel No Pain. It's also relatively easy to incorporate into Block (and Strength to a lesser extent with the right relics).

The more I think about Relics, the harder it is to make a tier list considering their randomness and situational strength.

I'm a fan of Enlightenment+ as far as neutrals, as well, for what it's worth. Has some impressive Expensive Ironclad Stuff synergy.

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

Ironclad

Silent

Neutral

Curses:

Archetypes:

I like offering and all but my number 1 ironclad card is metallize, and its not even on your list.

It is a rare deck that can't be made better by metallize.

BSoB on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I must be weird for liking Prepared a lot. It lets you cycle through your garbage faster if you're unlucky with card removal events.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Prepared+ is useful in the right deck, but unupgraded Prepared is worse than having not taken it.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I pick prepared a lot. Always felt like it gave me another chance at getting what I need. Maybe I’m wrong?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I pick prepared a lot. Always felt like it gave me another chance at getting what I need. Maybe I’m wrong?

So generally, un-upgraded prepared isn't good. It just gets you one card, at the cost of one in your hand. If you didn't have Prepared, you would have just drawn that extra card instead of Prepared.

That said, I kind of like it too. There's just a lot of times that I want to be discarding a single card or so as Silent, or even just want to be playing a 0-cost card. So it's not the worst thing ever to pick, and it's quite nice upgraded.

Steam profile
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    If I pick up Tactician, I'll snag a Prepared+ if I see one (but not before then unless I, say, got Pandora's Box into Underhanded Strikes). But I'd prefer to rely on Tools of the Trade and Acrobatics for my discard.

• Options

So generally, un-upgraded prepared isn't good. It just gets you one card, at the cost of one in your hand. If you didn't have Prepared, you would have just drawn that extra card instead of Prepared.

That said, I kind of like it too. There's just a lot of times that I want to be discarding a single card or so as Silent, or even just want to be playing a 0-cost card. So it's not the worst thing ever to pick, and it's quite nice upgraded.

I feel like there are times where unnecessary discards can actually hurt you, but I'm struggling to think of when, so I might be mistaken?

• Options

I feel like there are times where unnecessary discards can actually hurt you, but I'm struggling to think of when, so I might be mistaken?

Whenever you end your turn with excess energy, that's a Bad Thing (unless you have Ice Cream Cone, of course). If you discarded cards during your turn, it can contribute to that a lot.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Actually, doesn't Time Lord gain a stack if you play a card? That's probably what I'm thinking of.

• Options
    Actually, doesn't Time Lord gain a stack if you play a card? That's probably what I'm thinking of.

Playing cards unnecessarily against Time Lord is bad, yeah. There are times when you save energy against them just because it's not the most efficient card you have to deal damage or whatever.

Steam profile