Options

[QUILTBAG]: The time for Pride has passed. Now is the time for Wrath.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    *beams all the love and encouragement at you*

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    sorry to be a downer ya'll
    well, looks like after just over 3 years together, the bf has broken up with me

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Oh man, I'm so so sorry. : (

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    aw frig

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »
    In a real bad "oh god what am I doing, I'm such a fucking mess, I'll never pass, I'm a freak, I waited too long, there's no point transitioning, why am I doing this, I'm ruining my life for nothing" kinda headspace right now. I've lost sight of any kind of light at the end of a tunnel.
    Fuuuuuuuck :(

Well here's what I tell myself when I have these days (in order):

You're doing a very brave and very good thing.
    Most people cis or trans are too much of a mess themselves to realize how messy the rest of us are.
    Passing is bullshit, and shitty people will always find excuses to judge, better to own your look, regardless of what shitty people think. The good people will love you no matter what.
    You're not a freak, that's just letting the worst of society lie to you.
    It's literally never too late to transition.
    If you want this, it's worth it, that's all the point there needs to be.
    You're doing this because it's important to you.
    Giving up won't be better.

It's tough sometimes, but you got this. It's okay to take some time if you need it, step back a bit if you're feeling overwhelmed, but don't let yourself believe there's no light because there are good days to come.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    While I am 100% sorry for you Ben.

I am still also extremely angry at your former partner also.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    In a real bad "oh god what am I doing, I'm such a fucking mess, I'll never pass, I'm a freak, I waited too long, there's no point transitioning, why am I doing this, I'm ruining my life for nothing" kinda headspace right now. I've lost sight of any kind of light at the end of a tunnel.

Most people cis or trans are too much of a mess themselves to realize how messy the rest of us are.
    Passing is bullshit, and shitty people will always find excuses to judge, better to own your look, regardless of what shitty people think. The good people will love you no matter what.

It's tough sometimes, but you got this. It's okay to take some time if you need it, step back a bit if you're feeling overwhelmed, but don't let yourself believe there's no light because there are good days to come.

This is a very good list.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular

If only I had been brave enough to come out all those years ago. If only I hadnt spent so many years hiding from myself, and from the world. I knew then, but I was a coward, and now I've wasted my life.

All I want is to be able to look at myself in the mirror and smile.
    I want to see a girl smiling back at me.
    On days like today it feels completely impossible to imagine. I'm so far away.

So much regret, so much fear. I'm just overwhelmed. Thanks for the kind words, I need every single one I can get.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options

If only I had been brave enough to come out all those years ago. If only I hadnt spent so many years hiding from myself, and from the world. I knew then, but I was a coward, and now I've wasted my life.

So much regret, so much fear. I'm just overwhelmed. Thanks for the kind words, I need every single one I can get.

Mourning time lost won't help anyone. What's important, what matters is where you are now and where you want to go. Before you were hiding from yourself, now you know what you want. That's a huge step, it takes time to make and you made it. It may feel like you have a long ways to go but the truth is, every day you get up knowing who you are, and who you want to be, you're moving closer to that goal. Some days the progress isn't visible, but trust me, it's there. Years from now, you won't have to look back and regret where you were because you've already taken the biggest step. You're on your way to something better. And yeah, some days it's hard to see that years from now, but it'll be there.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Got a call from my mom this morning before work, and thought "wow, she felt inspired to call me on day one of Pride Month, maybe it's time to finally have this conversation." But it turns out that my stepdad is going in for emergency surgery (gastrointestinal blockage, uncertain source, hard to say what the long-term impact is until they actually get in there and see what the hell it is), and given that my mom suffers from some of the worst anxiety attacks that I've ever witnessed, I decided today was not actually the day to stress her out any more.

So I put it all out on social media in front of a bunch of people who don't care or already knew instead.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

I know how this sort of thing can feel.

I spent literally decades of my life controlled by my fear and anxiety and depression and CPTSD, as well as poorly managed autism. Did almost literally nothing with so many of those years, too afraid to risk failing to be able to try doing much of anything.

All you can do now is try your best to stay focused on dealing with things, at whatever pace works for you.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    One week in.

Not sure how things are supposed to feel right now. I've had a couple of dizzy spells and my chest has felt a little puffy. Like no difference in size or look but just feeling a little swollen if that makes sense. Also been feeling things a bit more raw now. Things at work that used to just annoy me now makes me feel a little on edge. I tear up at stupid things. Like I was listing to a fan translation/sung version of the Sailor Moon theme and when she breaks into the original English version of it I got teary eyed.

The song if you were curious.

Artoria on
  • Options
    Oh man, I'm so so sorry. : (
    Doobh wrote: »
    aw frig

thanks for the condolences folks

I figured since a good part of us getting together came from people in this thread I should at least let the same people know how things have turned out

feeling pretty numb at the moment, since it wasn't in truth a massive surprise considering we've been having some trouble... but I didn't quite realise how bad it actually was. he's away at the moment too and I have exams in just over a week so, yeah, kinda rough timing.

not sure what's going to happen once he gets home, but seeing as he's moving to the UK in the not-too-distant future and I can't exactly move back in with my parents we'll probably have to stick it out together for a while if we can handle it...

also just realised this happened the day of pride month so that kinda sucks huh

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    That sucks so fuckin much Ben, I’m so sorry

I’ve been trying to think of something better to say than “that sucks” but, god damn, it really does. It’ll get better, obviously, life goes on, etcetera, but, man, that’s still tragic

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I caught some flak from cis people for thinking the guidelines on the previous page were unreasonable. I tried to argue that they put people like me under a lot of additional stress and that they seemed exclusively desgined from a top-down perspective, that I'd rather engage in something based around my own decision-making process. I also tried to argue that gatekeeping negatively impacts the relationship between therapist and client, but they equated this to the relationship between doctor and patient. It got to the point where I didn't believe in my own arguments anymore and started feeling like a nut.

Oh well, not sure where I'm going with this.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    No, it is bonkers. Thinking about it in the context of other medical interventions makes the arbitrariness and cruelty of the gatekeeping more obvious.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    I caught some flak from cis people for thinking the guidelines on the previous page were unreasonable. I tried to argue that they put people like me under a lot of additional stress and that they seemed exclusively desgined from a top-down perspective, that I'd rather engage in something based around my own decision-making process. I also tried to argue that gatekeeping negatively impacts the relationship between therapist and client, but they equated this to the relationship between doctor and patient. It got to the point where I didn't believe in my own arguments anymore and started feeling like a nut.

Oh well, not sure where I'm going with this.

People don't necessarily consider it until they really think about it, but the gatekeeping bullshit is in place because of a view that transitioning is some sort of last resort for someone who has a medical problem, rather than the perfectly normal next step for someone who wants to do a mild bit of physical body correction. If it doesn't affect you personally, and you have no frame of reference for always wanting to have been born someone else, it can be hard to realise that medical professionals are being arses about it, because we're generally taught that doctors are always right.

Anyway, it sucks, and I hope that some of those cis people sit down and think about it harder afterwards and consider your viewpoint on the matter.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @Anzekay Sorry dude. My gf broke up with me like two months ago, and it sucks but that's just the way things go sometimes. I promise you that it'll get better over time. There's gonna be bad days, I won't lie, but those get less and less as time goes on. And you're a rad guy, so I'm sure you'll bounce back and find someone that will make you happy. Just take it one day at a time, and don't be afraid to take a mental health day from work or skill. That helped me a ton early on.

I'm rooting for ya.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    That sucks so fuckin much Ben, I’m so sorry

I’ve been trying to think of something better to say than “that sucks” but, god damn, it really does. It’ll get better, obviously, life goes on, etcetera, but, man, that’s still tragic

I would like to say that, as someone who he lived with their ex-fiance for a year now, it gets easier. I'm not gonna say that it gets better, because my life hasn't gotten better at all. But it does get easier. Trust, you are going to have some troubling nights where you can't believe the feeling is good and you don't think anyone will feel that way about you. Trust, you are going to hear things that you think "well what's wrong with me that you never did that" [which I thought tonight, which, again, my engagement broke up a year ago now]

But you're also going to think "Fuck him, I'm worth it. I'm worthy of more than just him."

Listen to that second voice. It's the correct one. Despite whatever strengths you feel, you'll always know you have that weakness. But you can turn it into a strength.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Also, although it seems like a good idea (for a little bit) and you will feel better (for a little bit)

Don't drink away your sorrow

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Garlic Bread I told my ex(in feb ‘17) I wanted a divorce and then had to sign a 6-month lease in our then-current apartment just for time to disentangle all of our our very tangled bullshit from a 15-years-long relationship

I’m out now but only recently am I coming to terms with how much the last five years of my life completely fucked me up

What I’m saying @Garlic Bread is i’m starting a first wives club and do you want in

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    love is good but also love sucks real hard

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I got really pissed off earlier, browsing twitter for discussions on demisexuality, only to find (yet again) people debating it's fucking existence. On the first day of pride month, even. That's a great thing to stumble onto.

But instead of dwell on that, I decided to do something positive and I designed a transgender/demisexual combo flag. Amara may or may not have been a motivating factor in this. >w>

(I'm open to tweaking it, if anyone has any issue with this at all)

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It’s really goofy that GRS requires a year or so out for most insurance companies to cover it. Like, it’d still be weird if the same applied to HRT, but at least understandable since it actually can change you day-to-day appearance. Unless you’re in a very small pool of professions, nobody is going to notice if you get GRS.

(And yes, I’m aware it’s done that way because they don’t want to pay for the more expensive procedure. Death to Capitalism.)

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the support, as always folks <3

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hey, Anzekay. We only kinda know each other. But if you want to escape for a bit, I've got a spare bed across the ditch. I'm sorry, buddy.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    ibkjpgbq3ygi.jpg
    it is pride, my dudes

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I kind of want to do something for pride month. Even though the idea that me being part of pride is still quite strange to me. Like, how dumb must you be to get to 32 years old thinking you're totally straight and then suddenly realise lol, nope, you're queer. But anyway there's not really anything I can do as I'm still mostly hiding everything. But I can have a rainbow dinosaur avatar so dangit I shall.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Oh I'm terrified of going to any pride events, I don't know any queer people and have had practically no contact with that community my entire life.

• Options
    Sterica wrote: »
    It’s really goofy that GRS requires a year or so out for most insurance companies to cover it. Like, it’d still be weird if the same applied to HRT, but at least understandable since it actually can change you day-to-day appearance. Unless you’re in a very small pool of professions, nobody is going to notice if you get GRS.

(And yes, I’m aware it’s done that way because they don’t want to pay for the more expensive procedure. Death to Capitalism.)

Part of what makes the difference is GRS is a lot more invasive and difficult to reverse. You can stop taking hormones pretty much whenever you want, that surgery is a much bigger step. It's not about visibility

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    ---

Platy on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Grog wrote: »
    ibkjpgbq3ygi.jpg
    it is pride, my dudes

made my fucking day

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    damn, that's a good shirt

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    idg that shirt.

• Options
    assigned cool at birth?

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    No, but that's actually a really cool version of that acronym, so.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Grog wrote: »
    Oh I'm terrified of going to any pride events, I don't know any queer people and have had practically no contact with that community my entire life.

It's generally a great way to meet people in the community though

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I kind of want to do something for pride month. Even though the idea that me being part of pride is still quite strange to me. Like, how dumb must you be to get to 32 years old thinking you're totally straight and then suddenly realise lol, nope, you're queer. But anyway there's not really anything I can do as I'm still mostly hiding everything. But I can have a rainbow dinosaur avatar so dangit I shall.

Psst, I was 36, there's no shame

• Options

That rainbow dinosaur avatar rules

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.