As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[QUILTBAG]: The time for Pride has passed. Now is the time for Wrath.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Sounds like she's pretty keen on you, that's great!

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Oh my goddddd

I had the best date of my life last night with a super cool and super pretty lady

We were texting afterward and I was like “uh hey so, I’m pretty into you” and she was like “yeah, I’m pretty into you too” and I was like “I know your work schedule is crazy but I really wanna see you again soon” and she was like “I’ll MAKE time for you” and my heart melted and ooh wow

Been a pretty long while since I felt this good about something

*Squeeeeee*!!!!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Oh my goddddd

I had the best date of my life last night with a super cool and super pretty lady

We were texting afterward and I was like “uh hey so, I’m pretty into you” and she was like “yeah, I’m pretty into you too” and I was like “I know your work schedule is crazy but I really wanna see you again soon” and she was like “I’ll MAKE time for you” and my heart melted and ooh wow

eyyyyyyyyyy! :bro:

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Oh my goddddd

Important: is she Peridot?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Helping to organize a board game night at the local LGBT center.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Helping to organize a board game night at the local LGBT center.

I don't suppose you live in Lexington, KY...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Weekend looks (backpack is causing shirt to ride up; it's not that short)
    1as997dpmzlo.jpeg
    0ba8aaaqgd75.jpg
    Do I look remotely male after all this effort including a couple months on T. I mean...ehhhhhhhh. Yes and no. Kinda mostly no...well, really depends who you ask. I need to be patient here but it is, of course, difficult.

I'm aware that I wouldn't look so much like a teenager if I chose to dress, well, not like a teenager, but I have to dress like a corporate tool during the week so I'm going to wear dumb shit that I enjoy on the weekend.

Fortunately, things are looking less grim for me emotionally because I found someone to have sexual contact with once in a while, and that's really nice after the overwhelming rejection by my spouse. I got this nice surgery; I want someone to enjoy it with me :D

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Y’all I got to have post-birthday date with my lady person and she sat and drank ciders and she let me blubber all over her about things and augh <3

Shit might be weird but I’m surrounded by the best queerdos ever.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I haven't checked on you in a while, Jess

hope things aren't too rough, these days

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    1as997dpmzlo.jpeg
    0ba8aaaqgd75.jpg
    Do I look remotely male after all this effort including a couple months on T. I mean...ehhhhhhhh. Yes and no. Kinda mostly no...well, really depends who you ask. I need to be patient here but it is, of course, difficult.

I'm aware that I wouldn't look so much like a teenager if I chose to dress, well, not like a teenager, but I have to dress like a corporate tool during the week so I'm going to wear dumb shit that I enjoy on the weekend.

Fortunately, things are looking less grim for me emotionally because I found someone to have sexual contact with once in a while, and that's really nice after the overwhelming rejection by my spouse. I got this nice surgery; I want someone to enjoy it with me :D

Just anecdotally speaking as a cishet guy, yes, my immediate read on you from those photos was that you're a man. Whatever you're doing is paying off to complete strangers with no frame of reference, for whatever that's worth.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Same. Nice cargos in the first pic, by the way.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »

In summary: polyam is both hard and amazing, cis dudes can be dumb sometimes, queer enbies and ladies of all varieties keep me happy and sane

Also, you lovely @Doobh thank you <3

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

Just anecdotally speaking as a cishet guy, yes, my immediate read on you from those photos was that you're a man. Whatever you're doing is paying off to complete strangers with no frame of reference, for whatever that's worth.

It's a useful data point; thanks! I do know I read male a lot of the time visually (but not always! And I really can't predict who tilts one way or the other). It's really my voice that is a problem mostly.

I love those pants so much:

1. They're from a Ukrainian techwear company called Riotdivision, whose aesthetic really delights me
    2. They can comfortably hold a medium-sized paperback in a side pocket
    3. They're so blue!
    4. They're very lightweight for summer; much more weather-appropriate than jeans

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Doobh wrote: »

In summary: polyam is both hard and amazing, cis dudes can be dumb sometimes, queer enbies and ladies of all varieties keep me happy and sane

Also, you lovely @Doobh thank you <3

I got super reminded that I can't be in two places at once, lately, and it's been pretty rough

sometimes, being poly ain't easy

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options

It's a useful data point; thanks! I do know I read male a lot of the time visually (but not always! And I really can't predict who tilts one way or the other). It's really my voice that is a problem mostly.

1. They're from a Ukrainian techwear company called Riotdivision, whose aesthetic really delights me
    3. They're so blue!
    4. They're very lightweight for summer; much more weather-appropriate than jeans

Awesome. They look a lot like my Nike ACG's. I've heard of Riotdivision but never bought anything from them.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone here used one of those wardrobe services, like Stitch fix?

I'm contemplating it, but I'm unsure of it's actual cost

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I actually just recently signed up for Trunk Club. The service itself isn't expensive at all, but the clothes they recommend are definitely in a different price range than I normally shop. I was really happy with a lot of the clothes but it included two pairs of jeans that were over $100 a piece. Most of the pieces were definitely worth the money--the style and fabric quality was vastly better than equivalent items I'd buy from a department store--but it was a fair amount of money overall.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I use Stitch Fix from time to time. You can set your preferred price range to some extent. I usually end up spending about $160-200 for five lady-clothes items (they give a discount and remove the styling fee when you get all five). I have most of my price ranges set low, though, so that helps. The styling fee is $20 should you only choose to buy some of the five things. I only order a box when I have and am willing to spend about $200, just to be on the safe side.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Y’all I got to have post-birthday date with my lady person and she sat and drank ciders and she let me blubber all over her about things and augh <3

Shit might be weird but I’m surrounded by the best queerdos ever.

Stealing this. Making it my word of the month.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited August 2018

3. They're so blue!

Awesome. They look a lot like my Nike ACG's. I've heard of Riotdivision but never bought anything from them.

Oh cool; I am super into the Nike ACG look but I've never bought any. Riotdivision seems to be one of the cheapest options for techwear stuff, at least that I've seen, and they have sales that bring their clothes under $100. I can't tell if they're good quality or not; the seams on these cargo pants are super super weirdly positioned, and the fabric is lighter than expected, but I really like them, as per the above, so I think it's fine? I also have, from the company, what I can only, embarrassingly, describe as a 'tactical sweater', but I've not worn it or even washed it yet, since I bought it in the middle of the summer.
    Grog wrote: »

r e l a t a b l e

credeiki on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    In the pursuit of ultimate punk lifestyle I've decided to join a roller derby league. Recruitment day is sep 18 I'm super excited

Rainfall on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Is your roller derby name gonna be Whiplass

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Is your roller derby name gonna be Whiplass

That's... pretty good actually.
    I don't have a roller derby name thought up yet

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Daniel Ortberg chose Mallory as his middle name? I haven't seen that done before.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Makes me think of Sterling Mallory Archer.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Daniel Ortberg chose Mallory as his middle name? I haven't seen that done before.

He's got a pretty interesting perspective on transition.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mallory-not-gone-conversation-daniel-122005660.html
    But man. That merry spinster, that Toastified Mallory Ortberg — she was beautiful, and I loved her. And she is! And I do! And she is not gone, there has been no death, no act of violence, no act of disavowal or abnegation or dismissal. And yet she’s not herein the way that she was.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

He's got a pretty interesting perspective on transition.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mallory-not-gone-conversation-daniel-122005660.html
    But man. That merry spinster, that Toastified Mallory Ortberg — she was beautiful, and I loved her. And she is! And I do! And she is not gone, there has been no death, no act of violence, no act of disavowal or abnegation or dismissal. And yet she’s not herein the way that she was.
    Does it sometimes feel like you’re joining the other side, the enemy, MEN?
    Yeah, like, I’m taking my skills and opportunities to Cleveland.

I've read this interview before and yeah, this this this

oooh but also, bonus looks
    c5dr7jthlbfb.jpg

Corporate tool/interview look to contrast with the weekend outfits above

I think my interview went well--I enjoyed myself, anyway, but that doesn't necessarily mean all that much.
    I also completely fucked up my own name since it's so automatic for me to handshake and say [old name+lastname] that I did in fact do that for one of the three interviewers, but then corrected myself and he didn't comment or even react, so...whatever! Not even embarrassed cause I was just enjoying the interview.
    The firm has gender-neutral bathrooms, which is definitely a positive omen.
    In terms of them gendering me, first two definitely thought I was female (used female pronouns for me when describing hypothetical situations involving me being staffed on some program or another), last one unclear since he was like "I am not allowed to ask how old you are but you look really young" (age comment made sense cause we were talking about programming in FORTRAN--but I don't think he meant young for fortran, he maybe just meant in general, eg reading me as a teenage boy-looking person). HR person who walked me in used male pronouns for me. hahaha ok my presentation is just all over the place...

• Options
    Damn, cred, you're wearing the hell outta that suit.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    "Taking my skills and opportunities to Cleveland" is such a great euphemism.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Damn, cred, you're wearing the hell outta that suit.

Thanks! If I get this job I'm gonna have some suits made though and not wear this cheapo H&M suit off the rack, because really...

(also the pants were bought at a skinnier time and I feel a bit squished in them--and they are slightly short in a I think deliberate trendy way but it's *pretty* dumb and I would prefer pants that just nicely brushed the top of my shoes as suit pants should)

my god I'm so hype about that interview, but were they also hype or were they like who even are you, why are you so amped up and informal in your speech

the tech guy was definitely on my level but who even knows about the tech manager guy or the partner guy; people like that you can't tell what they're thinking because they are professional bullshitters

(they were wearing great outfits though, like a pretty bright blue suit with a contrast orange tie (cannot remember the shirt), and then a black suit with this vibrant pink and purple shirt, visible undershirt, no tie)

fascinating

credeiki on
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Crossing my fingers for you, Cred!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    i was at a toystore, loitering by the register, looking at pins
    and saw one that made me think of the thread
    7f5936a5aaca726c2af447af469b121c.jpg

bought this one
    3204-MEH-CAT-RED_large.jpg

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Another good meeting at DSHS, this time with a psychiatrist to do my disability psych eval. He said that it went very well and we're very likely to be approved so. Fingers crossed!

• Options
    Ok; I got the job. It is possible to interview at a big company for a senior-ish, well-paying position while being sort of obviously trans and not have that count against you—or not enough for them not to hire. I didn’t mention it and just used my new name and let them guess whatever and refer to me however. When HR made the offer on the phone I told them I had a different legal name for the background check and they were like oh ok cool. Obviously not going to be true for everyone everywhere but it worked for me so i’m very glad!
    Waiting on the writing offer so I feel secure; that should come in tomorrow or after the holiday, depending. They seemed enthused about me and people like working there and the vacation package/pto is unbelievable and I’m quite happy! Need a new start in my life and this is it :D

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Oh shit, that's real rad! Congrats cred!

• Options
    That's fuckin' awesome, cred. Congrats!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    yes!
    Hopefully the HR culture there is way less stressful for you too; your current place sounds like a nightmare on wheels.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Congrats!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My brother and sister-in-law just revealed to my parents that they're expecting another kid. My mum is very keen to know if it's going to be a boy or a girl, and it's making me weirdly uncomfortable, but I'm too meek to say anything.

This discussion has been closed.