As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Very good hair color AND pins.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Welp!

I did the thing!

I'll have to figure out styling but it's nice to not look like troubled loner with a mysterious past.

Edit: better pictures from having just got home

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    You got a good, kind face. It's a nice face. Beard looks...kempt? Is that a word?

Also some leave in conditioner will help with hair and control errant frizzies and make things behave somewhat.

ANYWAY! I think you got this.

Looking good!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Dabe wrote: »
    Very good hair color AND pins.

Thank you! I was trying to go for a Holdo look, from The Last Jedi. Think we got pretty close for a total shot in the dark!

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I am slain

tumblr_p25yowuUr91rrnbdgo1_1280.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture

Einzel on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Looking good, Metz!

Also, y’got nice eyes boy

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    I am slain

tumblr_p25yowuUr91rrnbdgo1_1280.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture

Yeah I would absolutely believe that woman is an assassin

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    What is her weapon of choice though?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    listen to the sound of her voice
    check it out, it's the weapon of choice

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Also, poisoned blowdarts.

• Options
    Razor head fan thing.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Poisoned thorns on a rose that she gives you as a token of her love.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Razor head fan thing.

Nah that's just a distraction. Like those bugs that have really elaborate tails or whatever that look important but are completely expendable.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Razor head fan thing.

Nah that's just a distraction. Like those bugs that have really elaborate tails or whatever that look important but are completely expendable.

That makes sense since I'm already dead.

• Options
    Razor head fan thing.

That makes sense since I'm already dead.

So busy looking at the head crest you missed the poison darts

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    eVYQ8mMl.jpg

Got my MO jacket in the mail today.

Also I guess a haircut recently but mostly my life is about this jacket now.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    you look like an off-duty fighter pilot and it's good

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    retweet if you can hear this image

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Hey fashion thread!

I need ideas for a casual jacket with salmon pants & white or cream shirt. I have no idea what color to go with....

@ me plz I am traveling to a graduation!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Hey fashion thread!

I need ideas for a casual jacket with salmon pants & white or cream shirt. I have no idea what color to go with....

@ me plz I am traveling to a graduation!

Chocolate brown, that way you can be neapolitan icecream!

• Options
    @spool32 I was actually thinking maybe a gold or gold-leaning lighter shade could work. Depending on the salmon of the pants. Are you in a place where it's summerish? Or on the other half of the world? Because you could do a light v-neck sweater or a cardigan instead of a jacket.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    @spool32 a light brownish grey or blueish grey is an easy counterpart to salmon. If the pants are a darker shade of salmon then you could go for something a bit more contrasty on top like Chris's chocolate brown idea.

These are very safe and boring recommendations, mind you. I'm all for going with something like the gold like LS said.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Welcome to club MO Lost Salient!!! Excellent choice.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    you look like an off-duty fighter pilot and it's good

Secretly, this is the reason anyone owns a Members Only jacket.

Yesterday, I discovered white blouses are magic and make any outfit look way fancier than its individual parts.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    the boots/tights/skirt combo is killer but now you have me questioning if it's because of the magic white blouse or not!

• Options
    the boots/tights/skirt combo is killer but now you have me questioning if it's because of the magic white blouse or not!

I scrolled so only the bottom half of the picture was visible and it still ruled, so I think it's pulling its own weight

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grungy Grunge
    yg9k7rsglbsw.jpg

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Thanks for the recommendations! I'm gonna see what I can thrift up on Friday......

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Dabe is that three layers AND a jacket

How cold is it there

E: I mean it's a great look, don't get me wrong, I'm just concerned

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    It was in the mid 80s during Sunday/Monday. It's cooled down a bit, but it's still rather fuckin humid.

• Options
    It’s lovely here right now, a nice cool 28°C

I’ve had my sleeves down all day

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    It's 20C here, but it's less than that in my office. I have my big scarf doubled over around my shoulders and down my arms and over my knees.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    pimento wrote: »
    It's 20C here, but it's less than that in my office. I have my big scarf doubled over around my shoulders and down my arms and over my knees.

My office is a home for polar bears.

I am so cold right now.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    The heck is that made out of? It looks like some sort of shader effect in a game engine.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Pretty sure it's just velvet?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

My office is a home for polar bears.

I am so cold right now.

Mine's my home office, so it's my fault it's cold. Also I could just wear a jumper. Corp offices that are set at 'freeze the nuts off a brass monkey' are a.. peeve. I shouldn't have to carry a jacket with me in summer, and I always feel a bit fluish after visiting those customers.

• Options
    Dabe is that three layers AND a jacket?

Yes, BUT two of them are tank tops so it wasn't bad at all! Also this was right before last weeks heat wave.

• Options
    Pretty sure it's just velvet?

that was gonna be my guess but then I looked at the picture reaaaal close and convinced myself it was some special space age mystery material

BahamutZERO.gif