As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's just velvet?

that was gonna be my guess but then I looked at the picture reaaaal close and convinced myself it was some special space age mystery material

Space Velvet.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's 8am, don't lie.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It's 1pm really

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    It's 8am, don't lie.

It's 8pm, try to keep up.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Lets compromise. It's 2:45 pm

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    it's actually @578 SWATCH Internet Time

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's just velvet?

that was gonna be my guess but then I looked at the picture reaaaal close and convinced myself it was some special space age mystery material

Space Velvet.

My jaeger...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    @Erin The Red how many lanyards are in your rotation?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Dabe wrote: »
    @Erin The Red how many lanyards are in your rotation?

Just one at the moment. My nerd ass Zelda one.
    I've got some necklaces that would be fun to deploy, but the lanyard sort of ruins the lines on some of them. So I gotta find a good alternate option for days when I wear something without a good anchor point for those little pinchy clippy things.

Also I need to work on getting more fun colored lanyards.

Why for do you ask, good Dabe?

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    @Erin The Red I've never had a job where I needed to wear a displayed ID, but I imagine I would probably have a hefty rotation of lanyards and plan out 'best' ones for each outfit. During PAXes I usually just nab whichever one is the coolest (PAX Unplugged purple obviously) but there are SO many good ones out there the idea is exciting.

• Options
    Dabe wrote: »
    @Erin The Red I've never had a job where I needed to wear a displayed ID, but I imagine I would probably have a hefty rotation of lanyards and plan out 'best' ones for each outfit. During PAXes I usually just nab whichever one is the coolest (PAX Unplugged purple obviously) but there are SO many good ones out there the idea is exciting.

We have a bunch of doors we have to scan our way through and I have some biometric locks I need to get through and all that fun business.
    Yay, HIPAA!

• Options
    The old leather jacket I nabbed a few weeks ago has a strap built into it that goes arm to arm. This technology is incredible and needs to be in every piece of outerwear ever holy shit:

p7q5pts19e2j.jpg

• Options
    Hey Dabe your tattoos look rad. Also you look like a cool future human thanks k bye

• Options
    Thank you friend I appreciate the kind words and ideal categorization.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Wait if Dabe's a future human what is he now?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Wait if Dabe's a future human what is he now?

A beautiful chrysalis. We don't judge, bagel. We let them live their lives.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Is that the jacket you were wearing in the grunge post?

I feel like I WANT a leather jacket but I don't think it really fits my aesthetic/I could pull it off.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I feel like you in particular could pull off almost anything Apho

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Is that the jacket you were wearing in the grunge post?

Different jacket (that grunge one is actually denim w/ leather sleeves!) but similar style.

What is your current aesthetic and why do you think it wouldn't fit? It might just take a few simple tweaks to incorporate!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I can vividly picture you in a leather bomber jacket aphostile

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2018
    Me too.

edit: more accurate

hot-shots-die-mutter-aller-filme-mit-cary-elwes.jpg

tynic on
  • Options
    Ha, I just looked at the sleeves.

Blonde, white, yuppie/prep. That's probably about the shortest description of my general appearance I'd say. It could simply be that I've never made the effort to go look at leather jackets and see how they look.

Geez, tynic, I haven't thought about Hot Shots for years.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't think it's really worth thinking about more than once a decade.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Aphostile I am similar in appearance to you, I found a black leather jacket was a bit intense for me so I ended up going for a dark brown toned leather jacket that works well.

• Options
    @Aphostile I have a friend who does the prep thing but leveled up a bit recently and started rocking various jackets you might dig. Give his insta a quick lurk to see if you can picture yourself wearing any of the ones he has: https://www.instagram.com/fashionismyonlyhobby/?hl=en

Also browsing the all-saints leather section would give you a fair idea on how to make some tweaks to pull it off! https://www.us.allsaints.com/men/leather-jackets/style,any/colour,any/size,any/

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Surprising no one, I am all in on black leather jackets, although my current leather jacket is grey.

I think you could pull one off, Apho, it would just need to be the right one. More Steve McQueen/flyboy than The Wild One/punk rock? Maybe?

Also I just rotated my lanyard from a Star Wars one to a PAX one but I seem to have lost one of my Roll for Diversity lanyards and now I'm sad

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    if you can imagine satan, aka lucifer, aka the morning star, pulling the outfit off then it's perfect for @Aphostile

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    if you can imagine satan, aka lucifer, aka the morning star, pulling the outfit off then it's perfect for Aphostile

Also anything Kevin McKidd has worn.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Kadith wrote: »
    if you can imagine satan, aka lucifer, aka the morning star, pulling the outfit off then it's perfect for Aphostile

Man, I need to find that list of forumers to devil names that @Rorshach Kringle & I wrote up a long time ago.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am pretty sure it was

zonugal - belial
    me - beelzebub
    straightzi - lucifer
    aphostile - old scratch

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That all checks out.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    In case anybody else is awake

Some of the clothes at the royal wedding are fascinating.

Prince Seeiso of Lesotho is in a black suit with a powder blue vest and pale pink tie and he looks amazing.

• Options
    These are all great tips, thanks folks! Will need to find a good store here to try some on in person. We’ve got a leather goods store near my house but they only sell actual goods, bags and journals and such.

Lonelyahava, any non-standard suit colors? I’ve only just flipped it on but have only seen your blues, grays and blacks.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    I was not watching and am not watching but if this is the outfit in question they both look amazeballs.

hS92Wfo.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Gonna be honest, from the description I was expecting more saturation on the vest and less on the tie

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    that doesnt seem like the outfit, i googled the name + royal wedding and found him interviewing in something that seems spot on to that description. currently on phone so cant post it myself.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    That is the same person, but not the suit! And her dress was amazing to the Nth.

• Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    Oh, very nice!

RUVCwyu.jpg