Options

Take some [photos] and show me them

1303132333436»

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    holy shit! dolphins playing with boats real!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    holy shit! dolphins playing with boats real!

They really do!

These ones weren’t playing, though. They were in full hunting mode.

• Options
    dolphins... eating boats real?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I’m posting this from the afterlife

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Dolphin posting in disguise

• Options
    Wild horses
    pg592gixyf0u.jpeg

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    a9cnp5d4omo8.png
    The century plant lives on even in death

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Den of beasts
    DSCN3669.jpg
    DSCN3706.jpg
    DSCN3698.jpg

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    omg the fuzzums

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Are those coyotes?

• Options
    I cant tell if they're foxes or coyotes myself, certainly didnt stick around for an adult to show up

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    all I know is I definitely want one of my very own to love and hug and squeeze

• Options
    I am leaning coyote pups because fox kits have narrower snouts, but I'm not at all sure

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 28
    Found some sedum nuttallianum (I think) at work in bloom, so I pulled over to get some pics. Just phone pics, but the lil plants are so cute I had to share

5zaonkre6jy9.jpg
    4w7hy9jph2a2.jpg
    2d7fmsatdx7m.jpg

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Wild horses
    pg592gixyf0u.jpeg

COULDN'T DRAG ME AWAAAAAY

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Took some more pics of other flowers nearby and I'm in a sharing mood so here y'all go. Apparently I'm not doing any work today, I'm just walking through the wet grass and flowers lol. Also, I know they're just phone pics but the Pixel 6 Pro has a pretty decent camera, imo

v1nt9xa8vbcu.jpg
    2w9i2aqfknli.jpg
    wmcfgwf00pue.jpg
    j2u8e64xa11u.jpg

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DSCN3732.jpg
    DSCN37341.jpg

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Looks so proud of its catch.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I forgot images are still borked until I came in this thread on my computer, so I guess surprise! cherry blossom tree but BIG! I got my scans from my half-frame point and shoot kodak camera back - I had 200 film in it and this is the first roll of film I've shot in probably 20 years or so. I was terrified I was going to absolutely fuck up loading the camera, especially since 72 frames is a lot of frames to go through without knowing if you did it wrong from the start. I took some side by side comparison shots during cherry blossom season here just to see the differences between the Ektar camera and my pixel 4a phone camera; the phone camera is much sharper, which isn't exactly a surprise, and the colors seem a bit cooler. As far as I know I have all the "assistive technology"/automatic retouching shut off on my phone. I didn't realize how tight in the focus is on this camera until I got to the cherry blossom photos and you can really see where the focus is (and isn't). I forgot how intensely light-dependent film is - the photo of the two dogs was during the day, but it was overcast, and I didn't remember how much of a difference that would make. I'm not trying for anything super artistic or skilled, I might in the future, but for now I wanted to get back some of that tangible memory and prints that was such a large part of my childhood and teen years. I was thinking about getting a Holga for my first film camera and going full toy camera hashtag aesthetic but I figured I should probably get some more experience with something basic before buying a camera that might just ruin my entire roll of film with light leaks. My only complaint about the half frame camera is that it's definitely not a fast feedback between what photo I took and how it came out to learn and adapt.

a2fzoof5bxhp.jpg
    vumo1abmwkby.jpg
    v2kmfh749jgf.jpg
    dgthqt9gyejo.jpg

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    h24ov5zxg2p0.png

Trapper Keeper-ass-lookin' sky out there today.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    If you see this posting and it's still friday night (and you're in north america, I guess), go outside and look south, they were _not_ kidding about the auroras tonight:

un060d5ejojq.jpg

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Just gonna requote myself from chat thread instead of reuploading or picking out links. I'd been asleep for two hours and was in such a sleepy brain rush to get somewhere I forgot my Nikon and just had my note20ultra with a broken glass over two lenses.
    Weaver wrote: »
    b1syct1uvkwq.jpg
    Looking straight up

9x73oflz8s54.jpg
    qps8lr6f6ylv.jpg
    Trying to upload some video too but gonna have to take off soon, word got out about this spot and it's just endless parade of headlights now. Earlier during a strong flare hit or whatever, even naked eye, looked like a bright magenta laser beam stretching from the center of the sky all the way to the ground. I thought I'd die of old age and never get to see this.

8cx1zb5u8s9b.jpg
    16vamw2cpxlt.jpg
    bj52qqm3ob2g.jpg
    p

Tried some video. I forgot my real camera since I was in a sleepy rush, this was all cell phone.

https://youtu.be/4KJUws6Fdjg?si=nkj2Z-5XIa2-rWea
    This is more what it looked like naked eye, dealing with people's headlights in the parking lot. I wasn't able to get completely out of the city, I just drove over to the big forested park behind the nearby community college where I walk the dog a lot, and went up a big set of stairs from the parking lot and took pictures from by the pickleball courts.

rpalad0ualh2.jpg

The green and pink would get brighter/dimmer as the flare intensity picked up or dropped off I guess, and you could follow everything back to a center point in the sky that was constantly shifting and I was constantly like omgomg this was what it must have been like on Cadia because giant nerd brain. Naked eye it was mostly white & dark but when it was really strong you could see the pink there too.

ryj9mwk2pmro.jpg

And here's just another pic.

3j8mfeo5w5br.jpg

• Options
    Was it visible at all without getting away from the city lights there?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Here's another few -- I've never seen the thing where the entire sky is just a wash of colours before, though it was starting to cloud over by that point, sadly:
    t8iaz4cqux3y.jpg
    j4vemnjc4o8a.jpg
    6roxcv30skbu.jpg

• Options
    Was it visible at all without getting away from the city lights there?

Yeah. From my very bright apartments you could see it as the hazy white curtain, then I just drove down the street about a mile to the park where I walk the dog.

• Options
    DJ that top one has me like Has anyone seen Jean Grey?

• Options
    It's neat how much variety there is between different people's pictures -- I don't have a lot of the vertical-lines stuff that Weaver's photos have, and the colours are at different places in the sky. I'd just assumed that everyone would be seeing roughly the same thing because it's the same sun that's been sending the particles this way, but obviously I'm wrong about that. (maybe it's north/south location changing the angles or something)

• Options
    Yeah that's just gonna be different positioning on the Earth relative to where the flare is striking.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    a buddy of mine had a big birthday party at his place in the country last night, and after we'd all gotten nice and tipsy the northern lights showed up. it wasn't nearly as strong as those photos, but it was my first time seeing them in person and it was genuinely magical. I'm sure being nice and toasted helped with it, but it was literally awe-inspiring