As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Tox wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Never mind that I said I hate catching starters and this event isn't for me, but whatever.

And I apologize if I sounded condescending

...dawg...

Where's the lie? I'm not all "you have to like every single aspect of this game." Just maybe the torrent of negativity over minor things is a bit much? Seriously, I've been a little wary of posting news in here because I'm afraid it will unleash yet more negativity again.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna argue it anymore, I already gave my opinion. I don't hate the game, I just hate the way Niantic runs it for the most part. I complain because I care :P But as I've said several times, I am having a lot of fun with it again.

Anyways, all of that stuff said, it looks like the good box with all the incubators is back, so yay! More stuff like this, maybe I'd be more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Its a thead devoted to a six year old game, it shouldn't be surprising that posters are very positive toward the game if they're still posting.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm not gonna argue it anymore, I already gave my opinion. I don't hate the game, I just hate the way Niantic runs it for the most part. I complain because I care :P But as I've said several times, I am having a lot of fun with it again.

Anyways, all of that stuff said, it looks like the good box with all the incubators is back, so yay! More stuff like this, maybe I'd be more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt :P

They've actually done quite a few things like this when you were gone.

And if you think that bringing back the incubator boxes after having them removed was a positive thing, then maybe bringing back the wider pokestop distance can also be considered a positive thing? Please? Since it happened nearly a whole year ago? We can finally stop randomly relitigating that, at least?

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm actually enjoying the PVP for this event quite a bit. I'm sticking primarily to Great League as it seems to have the most variety of Pokemon that are used as opposed to literally everyone running the same stable of legendaries. Any format that lets me bring my Beedrill along is great (sidenote - ran into a team that my Beedrill was able to solo, and that felt wrong but very very good).

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Early game pvp is mostly easy as you can't lose rank, you can only go up. So people at rank 10 or lower are usually new to pvp / fairly clueless about pvp, and/or people who don't really care but play it to complete research tasks

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    21fwgxcam4rf.png

:3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    21fwgxcam4rf.png

I ...

I think legally you're now contractually obligated to change to Team Instinct.

That's really awesome! Grats!

e: you are now the reason your part of the world doesn't have any Heracross!

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    8k5g2joq5yfg.png

My wife caught this shiny party hat Charizard today.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Is it just the Char family has the party hats? I thought it was because I chose Charmander as the starter in the beginning.
    qa1j6ayatgu4.png

Positively ancient

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thank you Giovanni, I accept this gift :3
    1nhxr781j05s.png

• Options
    edited July 2022
    As long as we’re bragging:

AM-JKLU5wNH8Syj9LgCumzlJTWw-yiZy56UZ9JHQnAVo72M9x8YRqPVwPoQSZo8PWEKFtEg4KfVf2_Q3VwsWGiMe5LT6mGrtvLQe-R1kFSwyLnw9iOYgtMT5sYAJhGsaMIAcm_6sIp4sNeDr1pEP7y7tbRmy=w414-h893-no?authuser=0

Evolvable! Makes up for taking a year and a half to finally hatch an Axew. Kinda.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    In spite of not being a fan of PVP I did the PVP path this weekend. The battle path had too much Team Rocket action in it and I am saving up my rocket radars for the leveling requirement stage that has you defeat 50 Rocket team leaders. Fortunately I am like 250k experience away from that but I was not going to be able to get to that step for the weekend.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Tox wrote: »
    21fwgxcam4rf.png

I ...

I think legally you're now contractually obligated to change to Team Instinct.

That's really awesome! Grats!

e: you are now the reason your part of the world doesn't have any Heracross!

So fun fact, my brother was in town this weekend and I showed him this Zapdos. He turns around and shows me his 100% Shiny Zapdos. Hahaha. Now that is luck.

Also dear god, it's 40,000 stardust to special trade?! I was just trying to give him a shiny Hydreigon from community day since he had the worst luck and got 0 shinies and it was so expensive T_T (didn't even roll lucky, boooo... also I swear they nerfed lucky friends or something because I never get this anymore)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Finally hit level 43. Oh man, what a dick move making literally everything tied to PvP bullshit to get to 44. I hate PvP :/ At least I still have an alt account I can grind this shit with but man that's gonna be annoying (like 60 battles? Yuck!).

Wonder if tomorrow will still have the same raids. Wouldn't mind grinding Timburr raids with 2x catch candy....

You can grind them by battling the team leaders (you know, Spark, Candela, whatserface). No need for alt accounts or encounters with humans!

Oh, I forgot to mention - this is apparently not true :( I needed to fight a team leader for some reason (buddy battle heart I think?) and it totally didn't count for the lvl 44 stuff :( (actually don't think the buddy heart counted either) Tried it a few times with different team leaders but no dice. I have an alt to farm this on so it will be annoying but doable (sort of, that phone is so old it *barely* runs PoGo anymore and also heats up to an insane degree once PoGo has been running for about 5 minutes :P) but it's a shame these don't actually count. Did get the "actually do online GBL pvp" part done tho so at least that's out of the way.

Random note, wondering when we'll find out about August stuff. I'm very curious what they'll do in terms of raids. Wonder if they're gonna do the dogs again next? I'm still personally hoping for gen 5 legendaries since I have none of them (I'd really, really like a Zekrom). Also Mega Lopunny since I finally found a 98% one after catching as many as I could :3 (I want that extra fighting candy bonus... too bad I can't use it for Machop spotlight hour tonight)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Finally hit level 43. Oh man, what a dick move making literally everything tied to PvP bullshit to get to 44. I hate PvP :/ At least I still have an alt account I can grind this shit with but man that's gonna be annoying (like 60 battles? Yuck!).

Wonder if tomorrow will still have the same raids. Wouldn't mind grinding Timburr raids with 2x catch candy....

You can grind them by battling the team leaders (you know, Spark, Candela, whatserface). No need for alt accounts or encounters with humans!

Oh, I forgot to mention - this is apparently not true :( I needed to fight a team leader for some reason (buddy battle heart I think?) and it totally didn't count for the lvl 44 stuff :( (actually don't think the buddy heart counted either) Tried it a few times with different team leaders but no dice. I have an alt to farm this on so it will be annoying but doable (sort of, that phone is so old it *barely* runs PoGo anymore and also heats up to an insane degree once PoGo has been running for about 5 minutes :P) but it's a shame these don't actually count. Did get the "actually do online GBL pvp" part done tho so at least that's out of the way.

Random note, wondering when we'll find out about August stuff. I'm very curious what they'll do in terms of raids. Wonder if they're gonna do the dogs again next? I'm still personally hoping for gen 5 legendaries since I have none of them (I'd really, really like a Zekrom). Also Mega Lopunny since I finally found a 98% one after catching as many as I could :3 (I want that extra fighting candy bonus... too bad I can't use it for Machop spotlight hour tonight)

That's weird, because I could have sworn it worked for me? Or maybe I'm wrong? Truly sorry you're going through that frustration.

August info probably won't hit until late July, so maybe not for a couple of weeks. But I wouldn't bet on Zekrom - that and Resirom came in December. Sorry again, they're great to have. :( Dunno about Lopunny, though the megas have been rotating pretty frequently. Fair warning: Mega raids are pretty unpopular on Poke Genie. Whenever a new Mega hits I make sure to grind the mega energy I need within a few days because interest typically drops fast. Or maybe that's changed with the new Mega system? I haven't paid attention to that. I have noticed that it's pretty uncommon to have a Poke Genie raid without at least one person bringing a Mega; before that it was pretty uncommon for anyone to bring a Mega.

• Options
    edited July 2022

That's weird, because I could have sworn it worked for me? Or maybe I'm wrong? Truly sorry you're going through that frustration.

August info probably won't hit until late July, so maybe not for a couple of weeks. But I wouldn't bet on Zekrom - that and Resirom came in December. Sorry again, they're great to have. :( Dunno about Lopunny, though the megas have been rotating pretty frequently. Fair warning: Mega raids are pretty unpopular on Poke Genie. Whenever a new Mega hits I make sure to grind the mega energy I need within a few days because interest typically drops fast. Or maybe that's changed with the new Mega system? I haven't paid attention to that. I have noticed that it's pretty uncommon to have a Poke Genie raid without at least one person bringing a Mega; before that it was pretty uncommon for anyone to bring a Mega.

Yeah, it's fine, it's kind of surprising to me too since I know they work for some of the research tasks to fight another trainer.

And yeah, I wasn't exactly expecting them but I can hope :3 Do find it weird they haven't done the gen 6 legendaries and skipped strait to the tapus. And I haven't had much of a problem finding mega raids on Poke Genie. Did a bunch last month when the three starters were in there and even did a couple Charizard ones more recently just to have some extra energy and the waits have not been too bad. So maybe the new mega evo change did make them more popular. It's a shame the next one is Pidgeot because I've been finding the "Upgrade 10 times for Pidgeot mega energy" tasks all over and already have way more than enough energy :P (but I wouldn't mind actually getting a better IV Pidgeot if I can... feels weird how rare Pidgey is these days :P) Really excited for Gengar tho (I have three perfect Gengars but like no XL candy or mega energy so they are stuck at 40 and the mega raids will be double good).

Am hoping I didn't miss my shot with like Mega Kangaskhan and Latios/Latias tho (grr, wish I had been using Poke Genie sooner). I'm really wondering how they're gonna handle those with one being a regional and the others being legendary (I assume those at least will be back but being legendary might be super infrequent).

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Pooey. Not a single shiny Machop for me. Lots of candy and excellent throws though.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Yeah, it's normal odds so not surprising. I didn't get one either. Honestly a little disappointed in the number of XL candies too (the drop rate for non evos really is garbage and sadly the 2x candy didn't apply to XL). That said, transferring all the 0-2*s got me a handful more at least.

• Options

Yeah, it's fine, it's kind of surprising to me too since I know they work for some of the research tasks to fight another trainer.

And yeah, I wasn't exactly expecting them but I can hope :3 Do find it weird they haven't done the gen 6 legendaries and skipped strait to the tapus. And I haven't had much of a problem finding mega raids on Poke Genie. Did a bunch last month when the three starters were in there and even did a couple Charizard ones more recently just to have some extra energy and the waits have not been too bad. So maybe the new mega evo change did make them more popular. It's a shame the next one is Pidgeot because I've been finding the "Upgrade 10 times for Pidgeot mega energy" tasks all over and already have way more than enough energy :P (but I wouldn't mind actually getting a better IV Pidgeot if I can... feels weird how rare Pidgey is these days :P) Really excited for Gengar tho (I have three perfect Gengars but like no XL candy or mega energy so they are stuck at 40 and the mega raids will be double good).

Am hoping I didn't miss my shot with like Mega Kangaskhan and Latios/Latias tho (grr, wish I had been using Poke Genie sooner). I'm really wondering how they're gonna handle those with one being a regional and the others being legendary (I assume those at least will be back but being legendary might be super infrequent).

We've been getting events that involve regionals pretty frequently (honestly, I'm a little surprised they did Pansage so soon relatively speaking), so I wouldn't worry about Mega Kanga being held back. The regional restrictions have been relaxed quite a bit. Though an orderly Pokemon release has long since gone out the window. We've gotten Galarian Mr. Mime several times, but not Galarian Corsola? Ah well, gotta find ways to keep the drip feed going, I guess.

I mostly appreciate the seasonal approach - it keeps things fresh and allows you to actually be able to find certain Pokemon that might be tougher to come by if we still had the entire Noah's Ark of available Pokemon spawning. But yeah, it has the side effect of pretty much booting a number of species from the game for a while. Pidgey will be back eventually, it will just take a few months.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Oh new raid rotation. I like this one a lot better. It's too bad, I literally just got enough candy to evolve Espurr last week or that one would have been kinda hype :3 I do really wanna try to get a good Magnezone tho so I might farm Magneton a bunch. Tried to do some over lunch but all the queues were absolute garbage. It's probably because they're not open everywhere yet + people not raiding at that time so I'll check them again later (I mean, even Moltres had a bit of a queue)

Edit: Oh ho?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/vz1f3g/mega_alakazam_mega_portrait_pushed/

(though I'm guessing literally everything psychic is still worse than Mewtwo :P)

Also, good to know:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/vxyvlf/the_lucky_trade_rate_caps_at_20_silph_research/

Apparently the lucky trade bonus for old pokemon caps at ~3 years

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Was showing my wife how to do remote raids with Moltress. "Why did he change color?"

I caught him on the last ball.

Screenshot-20220714-192414.png

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    ..shiny raid pokemon have a 100% catch rate though?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »

Yes they do, unless something changed recently.

• Options
    edited July 2022

Yes, which I constantly forget and use golden razzes on them :P
    (also it might only be shiny legendaries?)

Also, pretty good video on requested features Niantic will probably never add:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieHEx9Hjo-Y

#1 especially really makes me sad :( I have soooo many lucky trades that I will never be able to do because of this.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

Not if you let your wife try and she goes through 8 balls without landing a hit

• Options
    Only caught three Shiny Starly yesterday, but the 61,360 XP first catch of the day was greatly appreciated. The event itself was kind of meh, but all that XP was fantastic.

• Options
    Speaking of stocking up, don't forget tomorrow's spotlight hour is Staryu, which nets 750 stardust per catch. Doesn't stack with the hour bonus (double transfer candy), but pop a star piece or two and you'll be rolling in the dust.

• Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Starly community day was definitely a bit boring, but it was great for experience and I ended up playing the entire three hours. Excellent throws with a lucky egg was getting me nearly 10k xp per bird.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Where I live the Pokemon spawn rates are so low as to be embarrassing, and there are no Pokestops within a reasonable distance. Used to be that I could at least get some decent catching in with incense when it was more effective during the (still ongoing!) pandemic, but that's gone away.

Still got a single shiny Starly, so that's fine I guess.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Speaking of stocking up, don't forget tomorrow's spotlight hour is Staryu, which nets 750 stardust per catch. Doesn't stack with the hour bonus (double transfer candy), but pop a star piece or two and you'll be rolling in the dust.

Ah that's why everyone was so hyped. I'm busy so I have to miss out T_T (I need stardust so bad too, boooooo)

Anyways, community day went good. I was debating if I should buy the $1 research thing because... starly... but I figured I have fun doing those regardless so even if the rewards are trash pokemon it will still be worth it. Turned out, last reward which gave a Staraptor gave me a 100% :3 (at least, I assume it had to be that because it was already a Staraptor when I checked my 4*s and the only ones I evolved were using the 3* search). So hey, worth :3 (for as much worth as a 100% Staraptor with Gust is as one of the crappier flier attackers)

Got a ton of shinies, don't even remember how many. I stocked up on like 350 pokeballs the night before and actually *ran out* which was crazy. I think it was spawning way more than most community days (probably because Starly is kind of a common pokemon).

The XP was... disappointing though. For double XP (+egg) I didn't even level up :/ I even grinded out all the stupid pvp crap in prep for hitting 45. Bah. At least I'm a little closer. Something like 10.5 mil / 11 mil? I'll get it soon enough. Not looking forward to 45's requirements which require me to basically ruin 100 shadow pokemon and waste a bunch of stardust (I have since stopped transferring the crap 0*s :P). Actually would have been nice to be 45 during battle weekend but I'm sure another one will come up before I get enough XP anyways.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Aw, sorry you've got to miss it. At any rate, here's the full list of Pokemon that grant extra stardust. I think it's meant to mirror Pokemon in the main games that might be holding valuable items when caught. Combees are fairly common at the moment, so it's worth fighting their crap catch rate. Triply so with Audino if you're lucky enough to see one.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Aw, sorry you've got to miss it. At any rate, here's the full list of Pokemon that grant extra stardust. I think it's meant to mirror Pokemon in the main games that might be holding valuable items when caught. Combees are fairly common at the moment, so it's worth fighting their crap catch rate. Triply so with Audino if you're lucky enough to see one.

Dang, I actually found a wild Audino yesterday and the damn thing ran from me. That would have been really nice... (incidentally game, if you're gonna keep giving me Audinos from eggs could you at least not make them shit IVs? They're bound to release Mega Audino eventually.. but then I guess when that happens I can also farm raids for a good one)

And yeah. I'm hoping my thing gets done early so I can at least transfer a bunch of stuff for the extra transfer candy (I think it's only supposed to be 45 mins but who knows). If I miss out, oh well, but it's a shame.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited July 2022

As like the only thing I can't seem to pull out of those damn 7k eggs I'm ok with this (though I wouldn't mind getting a Galarian slowpoke that isn't 0-1* as well... I keep finding them in the wild but not in eggs). Also 3x catch stardust is hype as heck

Oh, and I'm a dumb. My appointment today is at 5pm (I think I got confused because it was originally at 6pm last week but got moved). Theoretically I should be able to do staryu spotlight hour as long as it doesn't go long :3

Edit: Oh, and Galarian Ziggzagoon has an awesome shiny so that's cool too

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Is this the first time they are doing a comm day for an already released shiny? They really fear running out of content, huh?

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Grobian wrote: »
    Is this the first time they are doing a comm day for an already released shiny? They really fear running out of content, huh?

Well they just did Alolan Geodude and I *think* that was already released at the time? Sandshrew might have been too, I'm not 100% sure. I'm seeing some people on silph road say that Galarian Ziggzagoon was a serious pain to get anyways (like raid/research exclusive minus the low chance in 7k eggs) so a lot of people seem happy about it.

Also I couldn't check the actual page but I'm seeing people say there's now avatar item rewards if you catch 100 ziggzagoon or something. (I assume they are gonna be ugly but I will never turn down free avatar items :3)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Grobian wrote: »

There were a few "community votes on the Pokemon" CDs a while back with long-released shines. Machop springs to mind.

I'd say this is a step or two above those since Galarian Zigzagoon hasn't exactly been easy to come by since it was shiny'd.

Edit: Oh yeah, the other Galarian forms, forgot.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I will say, I'm a little surprised this wasn't a gen 6 starter. I was kind of expecting that after Starly community day. Wonder when they're gonna do those (maybe next month?).

Edit: Also, I demand Pumpkaboo for October community day :3 (oh, or Mimikyu)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I will say, I'm a little surprised this wasn't a gen 6 starter. I was kind of expecting that after Starly community day. Wonder when they're gonna do those.

While you were gone they took a pretty long break between the Gen 4 and Gen 5 starters - I want to say it was well over a year. Granted COVID was in the mix too.

Then again the Gen 7 starters have been out for a while.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I will say, I'm a little surprised this wasn't a gen 6 starter. I was kind of expecting that after Starly community day. Wonder when they're gonna do those.

While you were gone they took a pretty long break between the Gen 4 and Gen 5 starters - I want to say it was well over a year. Granted COVID was in the mix too.

Then again the Gen 7 starters have been out for a while.

Ah, so maybe they're being slower with them. I just kind of figured they'd want to catch up since they are so far behind now (with gen 7 stuff coming out and gen 6 still largely not done). Also kind of hoping they do more of those paid older community days. I didn't buy any (Mudkip would have been worth in hindsight) but I think it's a cool idea. Would love to be able to do some of the ones I missed out on.

Edit: Completely random side note, speaking of gen 6, if Pokemon Company's not gonna bring back Mega Evolution can they at least invent some more mega evos for PoGo? :P Ever since they changed how it works I've been super enjoying the mega evolution system :3

Warlock82 on