As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel]Thread:From Miniscule Arthropods, Murderous Tex-Mex lovers, and Marvelous Captains

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Further Iron Fist S2 finale spoiler
    Danny still has some form of the Iron Fist

Because he arrives wearing Orson Randall's duster with dual pistols which he charges up with chi just like Orson

THEY KNOW I CAN'T RESIST THIS

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    god damnit

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I don't wanna read the spoilers but is the general feeling for this season that it might be worth watching?

• Options
    I don't wanna read the spoilers but is the general feeling for this season that it might be worth watching?
    The review consensus I have read is that it is better than the first season by a lot but still not great

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The review consensus I have read is that it is better than the first season by a lot but still not great

Eh, better than the first season and some sorta wild finale thing sounds good enough for me, I'll give it a watch later.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Shit, now I'm nearly 3 seasons behind on netflix.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Oh shit I clicked the spoiler at the top of this page blindly without realizing Iron Fist s2 was out. OKAY FINE I WILL WATCH IT.
    Edit - I blame being distracted by babysitting, my head just tuned out from what I was doing / reading.

Henroid on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Made a typo while googling Iron Fist last night and now I want to see this show.

k1orsw0nm9be.jpg

• Options
    Gonna guess

Drax

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The only interpretation of this that doesn't feel like the most tired and uninspiring marketing campaign would be if this is all the setup for a gag where Rocket trips over something at the end of the miniseries and has a tumble down some stairs

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    One will Fall, Two will Spring, Two will Winter!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Goddamnit comics. It's only interesting if you don't know it's coming 4 months beforehand.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Further Iron Fist S2 finale spoiler
    Danny still has some form of the Iron Fist

Because he arrives wearing Orson Randall's duster with dual pistols which he charges up with chi just like Orson

THEY KNOW I CAN'T RESIST THIS
    Now they just need to incorporate more of Orson Randall's arc into it and have him die

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    damn what if one of the guardians died? what friggin if?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    What if they all come back as babies when they die

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Gonna guess

Drax

Marvel comics kills Drax because of actor Dave Bautista's opinions

• Options
    Gonna guess

Drax

Marvel comics kills Drax because of actor Dave Bautista's opinions
    I bet we will get a bunch of headlines about that

But the real reason is Duggan's run has been building towards Drax finding peace in his life and not wanting to keep fighting

And also he's the least interesting of the team in the comics

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    But comic book characters aren't allowed to retire.

Or have happy endings.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    damn what if one of the guardians died? what friggin if?

who will defend ga'hoole????

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    No one's going to guess the guy whose power is "always comes back after he dies as long as there's a twig around"?

• Options
    Technically they've all died and come back at least once, I think.

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Power Clam

or

Fluke Cage

?

• Options
    alt post: don't you fuckin' dare kill santa claus, marvel, you son of a bitch

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    No one's going to guess the guy whose power is "always comes back after he dies as long as there's a twig around"?

Drax's thing is that he comes back to life a lot too.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Most superheroes and supervillains thing by now is that they come back to life a lot.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    At this point the only way a death in comics can be interesting at all is if they go out doing something rad, the death itself is meaningless 100% of the time

Time Runs Out/Hickman Avengers
    Thor and Hyperion is the definition of this for me, in recent terms

I didn't believe for a fucking second that either of those two were really dead (especially considering the forthcoming Secret Wars), but it was a great scene because of what they did in dying
    but if you tell me a prominent character is dead or dying, it is impossible to give a shit. see you in a year, dead guy.
    Either commit or just write a Forgotten Realms-style Fugue Plane into your comics universe.

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Most superheroes and supervillains thing by now is that they come back to life a lot.

No, I mean it's literally one of his of powers.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm three episodes in Iron Fist season 2 and y'know what? Since Daredevil and Jessica Jones seasons 1 each, it has the best plot establishment / pacing from the start. Maybe that's just me? I dunno I like it so far.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm three episodes in Iron Fist season 2 and y'know what? Since Daredevil and Jessica Jones seasons 1 each, it has the best plot establishment / pacing from the start. Maybe that's just me? I dunno I like it so far.

I am on episode 8 or 9 and
    that pirate queen of pinghai bay
    mention!

Edit: decided to spoil it just in case, it’s a neat little reveal but not exactly story spoiler

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    So uh

Iron Fist Season 2 apparently does some fuckin SURPRISING STUFF in the finale which I am incredibly interested in
    Danny loses the Iron Fist earlier in the season to Davos

And instead of demanding it back

He convinces Colleen Wing that she should be the new Iron Fist and the season ends with her having the power (which glowed white with her using it) and being the Iron Fist of NYC
    And Colleen can channel her chi through her katana, making it light up like a lightsaber.

They're doing a lot to set up a Daughters of the Dragon spinoff.

Also, Alice Eve is really good as Typhoid Mary, and they can pretty much make a spinoff for her too.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    Power Clam

or

Fluke Cage

?

Fluke Cage

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    One will Fall, Two will Spring, Two will Winter!
    All of them Summer.

In the Hamptons~!

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    Power Clam

or

Fluke Cage

?

Power Clam!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The big problem with Iron Fist at this point is that they have done an amazing job of making me not invested in Danny even a little bit

I dislike Netflix Danny Rand, and also don't find him interesting enough to care about

There's not really one thing to point to, it really comes down to everything just falling into place the wrong way. Actor, script, action cinematography, etc etc etc

It's almost impressive, considering it's the Netflix Marvel character I liked the most going in

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I kind of hate what they're doing with Iron Fist?

Like season 1 Danny Rand fucking sucks. He has some sort of interesting moments but like, his writing is all the fuck over the place. At least if he was a stern kung fu badass who's just a jerk because that's how he was raised there'd be still a certain likability there, but they can't even get that right. There's plenty of interesting things to explore about his character and season 1 does none of them.

Since then the other series that he's shown up in have pretty much just been, "Yeah, Danny Rand DOES suck, huh? That's cuz, uh, we meant to make him suck! Yeah, we're in on it, we hate him too guys, we definitely didn't just fuck it up!"

And now with this season
    Basically the only person who had some charisma in S1 was Colleen, so let's just make her the iron fist!

Which like, I don't object to necessarily, because yeah, Colleen DID have charisma, which is a minor miracle in a show as badly written as Iron Fist. Like, Colleen was pretty horribly written too, but it was easier to overlook for her.

But it all just seems so blatantly driven by fan reaction to their own bad writing. Instead of actually trying to fix Danny Rand's characterization so you can tell interesting stories with him, they're getting ready to just drop him down the memory hole and move on to the next title.

It all just feels kind of short-sighted and mercenary. Less and less of the Marvel shows seem able to answer the question, "Why do we want to tell this story?"

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I'm am seriously tempted to get a PS4.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    One thing i do appreciate was that the Season 2 of Iron Fist is only 10 episodes, i feel like one of the episodes had a slump but it was maybe for like less than half of the episode at that.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Oh boy the preview for the next issue of F4 features a clearly Native American-coded alien race with literal red skin

This discussion has been closed.