As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel]Thread:From Miniscule Arthropods, Murderous Tex-Mex lovers, and Marvelous Captains

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

Spoiler for an ability if you're the sort that don't even want to know that much before playing but the Japanese dub of the game has some fun with it.
    Help me out: What's notable about this clip?

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I'm assuming he is calling himself an Emissary of Hell

maxresdefault.jpg

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    What the hell is Fishmas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTHn2tHhcI

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Wow, the first trade/ volume of Zdarsky's Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man is very, very good

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So is the second and third, FYI

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    The Manta Without Fear:

k2ta5jvxkvya.jpg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    DO JUGGERNAUTILUS NEXT!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Kieron Gillen is teaming with Stephanie Hans for his post-WicDiv Image book
    yWZmgbj.jpg?1
    sXTdea4.jpg
    5MM6Dt6.jpg

Yeah sure I'm down

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Evil Board Games is a subgenre I love deeply

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I think it sounds neat but mostly Keiron Gillen's preview strips like that and the one he and McKelvie did for WicDiv are just about the best way to try and sell your new comic and it is so dumb that others haven't realized that

It's like a trailer!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    I misread that as Karen Gillan and wondered what her involvement was.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    It's a little thing, but I like that it lists Kieron Gillen as Co-Creator of The Wicked + The Divine instead of creator.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Well I love D&D, Kieron Gillen's writing, Stephanie Hans' art, and I especially loved the issues of Journey Into Mystery they did together

so I am 100% on board

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    also I'm noticing that the GM kid is missing from the post-escape and grownup pictures

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    also I'm noticing that the GM kid is missing from the post-escape and grownup pictures

guess I'll just die

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

no one escapes.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    It's a little thing, but I like that it lists Kieron Gillen as Co-Creator of The Wicked + The Divine instead of creator.
    He's always said that it's impossible to meaningfully determine what the writer's and the artist's separate contributions to the comic are, and both he and Jamie always make sure to put the spotlight on their colorists and letterers, so this seems in line with that philosophy.

Somewhat related, something he wrote in 2010:
    http://gillen.cream.org/wordpress_html/1775/the-gillen-mckelvie-paradigm/

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    He's always said that it's impossible to meaningfully determine what the writer's and the artist's separate contributions to the comic are, and both he and Jamie always make sure to put the spotlight on their colorists and letterers, so this seems in line with that philosophy.

Waid and Samnee do a similar thing, with their recent books crediting both as “Storytellers” instead of Writer/Artist

• Options
    So I read the first issue of Spencer's Spider-Man because our shop decided to do a giveaway thing to line up with the game releasing (which is actually pretty smart) and

I hated it

I still genuinely love Superior Foes of Spider-Man, and would have hoped that would mean Spencer could still write a competent Spider-Man book even if I wont support him as a writer

But it is nothing but Peter Parker's No Good, Horrible Very Bad Day to a ludicrous degree. I like Peter being broke and up against the odds but this issue was basically nothing but Peter getting shit on.

At one point it is revealed that Peter is being ostracized by the entire superhero community because of a PR stunt by Mayor Fisk giving him the key to the city. His closest superhero friends like Daredevil and Luke Cage aren't talking to him because of a single shitty PR stunt from THE KINGPIN which Spidey actively rejected and ran away from.

At some point it goes from being Parker Luck to just bullshit forced misery.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuuuuck I'm all in for Die.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    For some reason Kieron's work always slides right by me, but hopefully this one clicks for me.

• Options
    So Spencer remains a garbo writer who misses the point of everything he touches, got it.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    [quote="Fearghaill;c-40093990
    Delduwath wrote: »

Oh yeah. 100% agree. In my admittedly limited experience on the writing end the stories totally changed from the original script in A LOT of ways. Sometimes fundamentally becoming an entirely different (and better) beast because of input from the artist.

And frankly I think the artist often ends up getting the more pure feel for the characters given how much actual time they spend with them versus the person typing the script.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, the first trade/ volume of Zdarsky's Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man is very, very good
    So is the second and third, FYI

Spider-Man is my favorite superhero, but I don't have many Spider-comics

I need to buy the Miles USM too

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So I read the first issue of Spencer's Spider-Man because our shop decided to do a giveaway thing to line up with the game releasing (which is actually pretty smart) and

I hated it

I still genuinely love Superior Foes of Spider-Man, and would have hoped that would mean Spencer could still write a competent Spider-Man book even if I wont support him as a writer

But it is nothing but Peter Parker's No Good, Horrible Very Bad Day to a ludicrous degree. I like Peter being broke and up against the odds but this issue was basically nothing but Peter getting shit on.

At one point it is revealed that Peter is being ostracized by the entire superhero community because of a PR stunt by Mayor Fisk giving him the key to the city. His closest superhero friends like Daredevil and Luke Cage aren't talking to him because of a single shitty PR stunt from THE KINGPIN which Spidey actively rejected and ran away from.

At some point it goes from being Parker Luck to just bullshit forced misery.

this last bit is just civil war levels mischaracterization re: luke and matt

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Its insane

Why the hell would Daredevil take Kingpin's word over his oldest superhero ally?

Especially since Matt is currently working under Mayor Fisk and knows he is trying to crack down on all heroes

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    though i understand luke being apprehensive since he loves rich people now

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Also, the same issue features Peter being disgraced amongst the scientific community because one of the papers that Otto wrote while he was in Peter's body plagiarized a previous essay Otto wrote. The Daily Bugle prints the front page of PETER PARKER: FRAUD and Aunt May says shes ashamed of him because he won't take responsibility for the plagiarism. Even going so far as to say Ben would be embarrassed by his behavior.

Like I said, its completely forced misery

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Wow that's amazingly terrible, what fucking editor let that be published?

• Options
    ...yeah this isn't a Spider-Man comic, it's a Twilight Zone comic that was misprinted.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Didn't like where Slott left Parker's personal life, does a quick fix by having him disgraced out of the third or fourth industry in recent memory. Great job.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Apparently everyone who professionally reviews comics loved it, if that helps at all

Hahahahahaaaaaaa

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I can see why, it's a return to the status quo and those are usually popular.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    RE: buildings in Spider-Man (PS4), I didn't have the foresight to save a video clip of it happening, but I accidentally clipped through the wall of a building the other day, and there's nothing inside the shell at all. It was just dirt ground around the edges and black nothing in the center. I'm pretty sure what you see in the windows are just some sort of display trickery rather than actual 3D models.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Also, the same issue features Peter being disgraced amongst the scientific community because one of the papers that Otto wrote while he was in Peter's body plagiarized a previous essay Otto wrote. The Daily Bugle prints the front page of PETER PARKER: FRAUD and Aunt May says shes ashamed of him because he won't take responsibility for the plagiarism. Even going so far as to say Ben would be embarrassed by his behavior.

What the ever-living fuck.

• Options
    Holy crap the cover to Die #1
    6h7n9w9mcg3v.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I love that twenty sided die sigil

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

The first part of this summary is a clever little thing for as fallout for Superior Spider-man

But yeah, the rest of that sounds fucking miserable

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I love that twenty sided die sigil

Makes me wonder if different issues will have a different net, like a d10 or d8 etc

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
This discussion has been closed.