As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Anniversary is over. And 7-stars are here!

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    They should show up next week. Hopefully.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh I see notifications at the bottom saying that "user has completed Where Destinies Intersect - After" and I don't see "After" anywhere.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    This story event starts a new way of doing them. There's only 8 stages now, not 10. You should have gotten your 10% moogle and tickets from that 8th stage.

In theory, next week a bunch of new stages should open along the bottom that are just grinding caves. One for each type of cryst.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh I see notifications at the bottom saying that "user has completed Where Destinies Intersect - After" and I don't see "After" anywhere.

If you look at the stage selection screen, you'll see that there's a whole bunch of space under stage 1. I'm guessing we're getting a prequel to the story content we got this week.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Since we'll be getting 10k Lapis through login bonuses during the anniversary (according to the latest update video), I decided to drop another 5k on Nichol's banner. Nothing special, but extra moogles are a nice plus. But, I'll recoup that Lapis during the anniversary and I'll be at 50k again before you know it. Not sure how much Lapis I've spent over my tenure in this game, but I at least added a couple more tickets for when the special tickets hit.

Back to greedily hoarding Lapis until something really catches my eye.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Following what Zomro said... I did a 10 pull as well. Got Lexa and CG Nichol! Woo!

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Nope 6 Rainbows is enough. Gonna keep my 33k Lapis and save. You cant fool me peer pressure

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Is anyone still doing the raid?

The get-the-individual-rewards-and-quit strategy won't work if it takes 2 weeks to get all the stuff.

• Options
    I just hit the King pots today. Im still going strong

• Options
    I'm still doing the raid, I'm almost at the King Shield Pot. Need that King Burst Pot for CG Nichol, since Wilhelm just finished maxing his LB.

I also want to be sure to get enough moogles to get Barusa's and Kaliva's TMs.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yeah I will complete up to the King Burst Pot as well for CG Nichol......though I'll need 2 more beyond that too.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Same boat, I need that LB pot. I just started getting the King pots.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I've been doing the raid religiously, because I'm silly but also because I'm still in need of everything. I just got to King Soul Pot, so its definitely one where it's taking longer to get anything done. Of course, I'll be doing them without trying to waste a single raid orb all the way up till it leaves too.

On another note, just hit Rank 102. Feels good to be in the triple digits now. Feels legit! lol.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Just got the King Power Pot so I don't think I'm making it to the burst pot this time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I need to dig into season 3 I guess, I want that 50% trust moogle

• Options
    I need to catch up on the story, mainly because I want Phoenix. The half NRG event will be nice for that.

And maybe this time I'll get off my butt and finish the vault questlines. Gonna have to hold off on TM farming or, better yet, use NRG pots.

• Options
    Im a better visual learner than I am writing up lists, so I decided to party up my dupes.

I really dont think I need to pull for anything for awhile, despite the temptation. Especially since I can always UoC my second Ayaka.

http://imgur.com/gallery/D7J38x4

• Options
    edited June 2018
    If/when we get UoCs my priority is pretty much Ayaka and Wilhelm, then followed by supports like CG Nichol or Roy. I have plenty of DPS dupes, including Loren, who at 7* goes from sword waifu to sword goddess.

Speaking of Loren, my Tonitrus should be done soon, probably tonight. And I'll probably DW that on Loren with the Onion Sword (when I moogle OK). My Desch's are going to farm next, and I'm probably going to moogle VotD and Prishe. Loren is gonna get beastly.

Zomro on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    My wife used my last 4* ticket on the Nichol banner.

Comes down rainbow! Happy Father’s Day!

It’s CG
    Lasswell.
    I guess it’s kind of appropriate...
    Thanks Honey!

maraji on
  • Options
    Never look a gift NotCGJake in the mouth!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Reigner wrote: »
    Never look a gift NotCGJake in the mouth!

Have two of him. Can confirm.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Woo, 2/4 Kain down. Didn't get the LB kill or no item but I'm fine with that. Can always go back and get it but I'm happy he's down with just the 5 peeps I ran. I put basch in with ice and dark resists for magic cover, wilhelm for the ST / high spr hit, olive for dps, Ace for mp regen and tribeam, ayaka for healing, reraise, and stop removal if needed. Wasn't too bad though I'd make a mis-step here and there and have to recover but it was manageable. Be nice if I had fenrir to help out but I didn't really need him that much.

Now back to grinding some dunes before it runs out. I raised up like 8 characters to 6* and have been leveling them all weekend and almost done. Just got M Ramza and VotE and then I dunno who I wanna take up to 6* after that.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    With CG Lid and Nichol having LB’s you want to use a lot, switching up my TMR group. Are the LB generating tmrs worth it? I put in iNichol in for the MP boost, refresh, and lb generation.

Lid can equip fists, so that gives her a boost. For Nichol, i was thinking P.Jakes ring for hp and LB. Pure white blessing and iNichols tmr. Adding CG lids tmr would get him to 6 lb per turn. Since he needs 36, not sure how worth it is over say Helena’s TMR and other high tide type items.

• Options
    After the last raid, do you not have a few Prodigy Goggles?

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    With CG Lid and Nichol having LB’s you want to use a lot, switching up my TMR group. Are the LB generating tmrs worth it? I put in iNichol in for the MP boost, refresh, and lb generation.

Lid can equip fists, so that gives her a boost. For Nichol, i was thinking P.Jakes ring for hp and LB. Pure white blessing and iNichols tmr. Adding CG lids tmr would get him to 6 lb per turn. Since he needs 36, not sure how worth it is over say Helena’s TMR and other high tide type items.

When Item World opens up, daggers can get High Tide. If you have a Bowie Knife get High Tide on it for CGNichol. His offhand is usually empty anyway, and getting an additional source of High Tide is fantastic.

• Options

Ignorance(?) Is worth it. Seems its the only easy to get TMR with inherit crystal generation and not just a flat percentage boost.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I do, though they don't stack. I'd have to drop Mog Ribbon (70MP). Not sure if it's worth 2 more LB crystals or not.
    Cruor wrote: »

When Item World opens up, daggers can get High Tide. If you have a Bowie Knife get High Tide on it for CGNichol. His offhand is usually empty anyway, and getting an additional source of High Tide is fantastic.

Good idea. I was thinking Ulric's Kukri might be a good one as well as it has MP built in. Right now I have him using clown staff for the HP+10%.

EDIT: I'll give him a shot with goggles, PWB, Ignorance, and P.Jake's Ring and see how useful the LB generators are compared to high tide like items.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Howl posted a video of his QnA with the developers during E3. Highlights include Gumis willingness to reevaluate 7stars that maybe kind of sucked balls in JP, trying to figure out new ways for community interaction within the game (better Friendslist, multiplayer) and a new way of acquiring Supercites in the future

• Options
    Crossing fingers for Fohlen buffs.

• Options

Veritas of the Flame and Ace.

• Options
    Man I cannot beat LGD with anyone but Rydia. That first fight sucks.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Veritas of the Flame and Ace.

VoTF's biggest issue is lack of any good 2H non-elemental axes. That recently got solved with Ignacio's STMR. Although, if you have Ignacio I don't know of there's much reason to use VoTF. I haven't compared their finishing potential.

• Options
    Yeah I always just figured the older Veritas were just going to be weaker than their CG versions. FV and LV aren't terrible but they are not great either.

However Ace needs something. He's just terrible.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Man I cannot beat LGD with anyone but Rydia. That first fight sucks.
    The goblin guy can be hit with lots of status ailments. Chaos Granade or Toxis Rain will sleep, paralyze, or petrify him every time. Then I just focus on killing the Sahagin.

• Options
    I have so many cactuars. In my inventory, unsummoned raid coins, in my inbox. Cactuar fusing should arrive on the anniversary or mid-July, right?

• Options
    I've spent the last couple MK events buying every 6* mat I can as I'm getting so many Cactuar's, I've just started leveling up random units. Lexa seems like a good replacement for Shantotto and she has Aeroja, which will be great to pair with my solo Barb.

• Options

I do, though they don't stack. I'd have to drop Mog Ribbon (70MP). Not sure if it's worth 2 more LB crystals or not.

Good idea. I was thinking Ulric's Kukri might be a good one as well as it has MP built in. Right now I have him using clown staff for the HP+10%.

EDIT: I'll give him a shot with goggles, PWB, Ignorance, and P.Jake's Ring and see how useful the LB generators are compared to high tide like items.

So playing with FFBE builder this morning, going with too many ignorance's (or equivalent) just doesn't seem to work as it leaves his HP way to low. It seems safe to spare 2 Materia spots (one with PWB for MP refresh) and 1 Accessory. So there's 2 options,

A) Throw goggles/CG Lid's TMR in the accessory slot and Ignorance in the materia slot. This combined with PWB, P.Jakes Ring, and Magical Hat would give him 8 LB crysts per turn. Without any other source, it would take 5 turns to get his LB up.

B) Throw Mythical Skull in the acc spot and Mog Wisdom in the Materia spot. This would give 100% LB fill boost.

The question I guess is how many Crysts do we see drop generally? For option B to be better, he'd have to see at least 2 crysts come his way per turn.

If I don't have to use CG Lid (break immune), I could remove Mog Wisdom and PWB for DW and Use Grapple Weapons to get him 200% boost.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    @Tranjan45 I think the max that can drop is like 12...not sure if thats per turn, per character, or per attack.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular

So playing with FFBE builder this morning, going with too many ignorance's (or equivalent) just doesn't seem to work as it leaves his HP way to low. It seems safe to spare 2 Materia spots (one with PWB for MP refresh) and 1 Accessory. So there's 2 options,

A) Throw goggles/CG Lid's TMR in the accessory slot and Ignorance in the materia slot. This combined with PWB, P.Jakes Ring, and Magical Hat would give him 8 LB crysts per turn. Without any other source, it would take 5 turns to get his LB up.

B) Throw Mythical Skull in the acc spot and Mog Wisdom in the Materia spot. This would give 100% LB fill boost.

The question I guess is how many Crysts do we see drop generally? For option B to be better, he'd have to see at least 2 crysts come his way per turn.

If I don't have to use CG Lid (break immune), I could remove Mog Wisdom and PWB for DW and Use Grapple Weapons to get him 200% boost.
    Don't forget you also have other options for increased LB fill rate from other support units or from Rikku's Pouch. The number of LB crystals you get is also largely affected by the unit that is attacking and if you are chaining. I think you can safely assume you will see at least 2 crystals fall CG Nichol's way on every turn. You can always try it out in the MK Story Replay mode so it doesn't cost you any NRG to test.

Also, there are a lot of bosses these days that cannot be broken so you will not need to bring both CG Lid and CG Nichol very often.

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    Howl posted a video of his QnA with the developers during E3. Highlights include Gumis willingness to reevaluate 7stars that maybe kind of sucked balls in JP, trying to figure out new ways for community interaction within the game (better Friendslist, multiplayer) and a new way of acquiring Supercites in the future

It would also be nice if they gave Sephiroth W-Ability since they are boosting his TDH in 7*. While I doubt it'll happen, I'd also love for them to fix the whole move animation issue, where some ability cause the character to move vs some don't, breaking chains that should work.

This discussion has been closed.