Options

[Steam]: Where games are collected and sometimes even played!

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    War of the Human Tanks

Loading...?

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Deep Dungeons of Doom

Loading...?

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Asked for a new back and legs (it hurts so bad!) and @Pixelated Pixie delivers!
    2PkhGXE.png

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie is a monster!
    orjo67y5m608.jpg

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    YPAKf2q.png

@KoopahTroopah sending over something pink. We approve!

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    @mildlymorbid is back in chat and being as classy as always. The Euroshield is still going strong so he used the only loophole available. Thank you very much, I should put this to good use! Glad you're back with us! <3<3<3

3VTO99m.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    6BUHrqs.png

I was afk and came back to a @mildlymorbid gifting.

1000 dungeon floors? This shouldn't take long at all... >.>

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I too, was hit by the @mildlymorbid
    z7fku1pf615g.jpg
    Thank you for Stellar Overload

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Just got dunked by @mildlymorbid ! With Pocket Rumble! Pretty awesome looking game that I definitely recommend people check out. Can't wait to play it!

X0OjHck.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqt2lhC0_ew

Thanks again, mimo!

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    @mildlymorbid is on a damned spree and needs to be stopped.

owo41fpffwsd.png

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I've spent the last few nights playing ENTER THE GUNGEON to check out the latest big patch. I've also spent the same amount of time thinking about why I didnt like it then and still don't like it now. I like Nuclear Throne, Neon Chrome and a whole suite of other twinstick rogue-likes so what's the beef?

My problem with it comes down to three things - dodge rolling, shooting, and hitboxes.

Rolling
    The hook to the movement system is so strongly imbedded in this game that the developers named their studio after it - the dodge roll. It's an action that provides i-frames to avoid impending damage by moving in a given direction. What's unique about it isn't that it provides i-frames or making you stick to the singular axis of movement upon execution, but the vulnerability upon roll completion. You slow down to what I'd approximate as half speed for several frames of animation after your i-frames are completed. This combines provides three challenges to the player - one, to move in a direction away from a bullet, two, end that movement in a place that doesn't have a bullet, and three, take into account your slow movement speed at the end of the roll.

That final challenge is most important and the crux of why its so bloody difficult to translate skills earned in other similar games to ETG. Before each roll you need to determine the hazards of at least two spaces (the one you're currently in and where you want to roll to), the speed differential between walking, rolling and recovering from the roll, and the delay before you can roll again. 9 times out of 10 I'll roll away from danger to a place that if I were to roll away from again quickly would be safe, but get caught in a slow moving animation not being able to roll away quickly enough. The bullet-hell density of this game makes this a common occurrence, especially with bosses. My brain can't process all those things in an instant to behave in a way that I'd expect, which leads to dying frustrating deaths you know you'd otherwise avoid in another game.

Shooting
    Another big draw of this game is the breadth of weapons. Unfortunately I think this a detriment because you're never with one gun often or long enough to get comfortable with its range, damage output, clip size, weapon spread or special effects. I always feel they I'm using some of the more interesting weapons inefficiently as I have a really loose handle on the above listed traits, and I'm not proficient enough at the games movement systems (see above) to just wing it. I'll just be rolling around using a gun that was once a shotgun but upon reloading is now a napalm gun and due to fire damage upon inadvertently rolling into it. Frustrating!

Hitboxes
    You have a shadow, but bullets do not. What looks like will just skim behind you just hits your head. It's again something that feels just off from what you'd expect, and cheated. The enemy hitboxes are fine, although I suspect that xpad autoaim is quite strong in this game.

In summary: play Nuclear Throne. Thank you.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    Real LD5000 done gave me the best of both worlds. :heartbeat:
    o5gloEv.png

Much love @LD50

Also, it's super good to be back.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Made it to parents' place, where I'll be house-sitting through to next Friday, and got my computer set up. Hopped into chat to say hello and @mildlymorbid decided to send his own greetings. Thank you for Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time!

gSJ3cg7.png

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    You guys are tearing it up in here, good work.

EDIT: The actual thing I wanted to post was if anyone's playing La Mulana 2. It takes longer to get started for real than the first game but it is so so so nice to play and, so far, a good comfortable evolution from the previous.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @mildlymorbid got me too
    thank you classy sir for the steam moneys

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @destroyah87 is such a classhole!
    sjd6t8t6eegp.jpg
    7mrbostqkwoe.jpg

• Options
    I don't know what Pixie said, but I approve!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I don't know what Pixie said, but I approve!

I thought Pixie always says gift Pixie.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    "Don't you dare refuse this again, after you said last night you are accepting gifts again."

What Pixie said.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Daww coming back to the thread to gifting is always great.

Started up Beholder again, and man this might be a bit too dark for me to play. I'm just a few days in and the game just decides to heap on the misery gravy gets on to my motherland potatoes.

So mission accomplished...? But man I could feel more hopeful in This War of Mine. We lived large on rat skewers and alcohol. Here, I'm not so sure.

Still, I'm sure this is trial and error and learning the various tips/know what's coming and worse comes to worse there is an easy setting but it is bleak.

• Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    @mildlymorbid isn't home for one day and already is up to shenaniganery!
    5ypjvd9vann5.jpg
    Thank you for Tangledeep MiMo! <3 I am glad you are home!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Mal is accepting gifts?? This changes everything

Also, tangledeep is really good man, don't wait on that one

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Abbey Games (of Reus and Renowned Explorers fame) have just announced their next game - Godhood

https://godhoodgame.com/

To my eyes it looks like Populus crossed with the emotional rock-paper-sissors shown in Renowned Explorers. Extremely hype for this!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    @mildlymorbid may not have died but they have become as gods

cFSCTEv.jpg

Thank you classy god! :heartbeat:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    One hour remaining! No one likes How to Survive 2!
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Not sure if posted but MORE 2D DARK SOULS! MOAAAAAAAAR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP3X_nv63Qc

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    In life's little victories news, yesterday I dove into an older hard drive to search for something I needed for professional development and remembered that my Rogue Legacy save might be on there. I managed to find it, so I put Steam into offline mode, copied the save files over to the appropriate place, and loaded up the game. Everything was back! Then I put Steam into online mode and loaded up the game, then quit, and it successfully uploaded my save into the cloud.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    I have bounced off every single Assassin’s Creed game I’ve ever played, sometimes multiple times. When, when will I learn?

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    I have bounced off every single Assassin’s Creed game I’ve ever played, sometimes multiple times. When, when will I learn?

After Odyssey.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

When they stop making them, so probably never.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

After Odyssey.

I mean, I got Origins as a freebie, and made it all of 20 minutes into that before I was distracted by a bumblebee or something, and haven't been back.
    Odyssey has the potential, being in what was once my period of history - it'd give me an excuse to vent about inaccuracies at least.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    PSA for anyone who still has summer sale cards. They expire in 4 days so you probably will want to sell or craft them by then.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    PSA for anyone who still has summer sale cards. They expire in 4 days so you probably will want to sell or craft them by then.

Crap, I need one more card to finish the last badge (I think I only have one more). Time to go look at my friends list and see if anybody has it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Im playing Yakuza 0, which got released on Steam yesterday.

https://youtu.be/aMfpQRoWGbE

So far it's fun, junky fun, but still fun.

My most memorable moment from first 3 hours of playthrough:
    Boss doesn't want to dirty his hands with me, so he sends against me minions with a miniboss. After dealing with them, minoboss catches up to me, so I difeat him again.

Next room, another fight against a group, and miniboss is here yet again.

Next room, HE IS AGAIN HERE, and I conclude the fight with throwing him through the window.

So far it seems it's the last time I will see him, because let's be honest, if he started fifth fight against me, then he would be a bigger badass than main hero is, and would deserve this game for himself only.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    $8.49 for Ultimate MvC3 at Indiegala ($6.36 if you pay with cryptocurrency)

From what I can see $9 is the previous historic low. Not sure I'm gonna bother setting up a crypto account just to save $2.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »

Dang, recently switched phones so into gems you cards go.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Anyone have experience w/ endless legend or endless space 2? I've been interested in both for quite awhile but while their reviews are positive everyone mentions the horrible AI, I don't want to pick them up if the AI's so bad it doesn't present a challenge. Is that the case?

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Anyone have experience w/ endless legend or endless space 2? I've been interested in both for quite awhile but while their reviews are positive everyone mentions the horrible AI, I don't want to pick them up if the AI's so bad it doesn't present a challenge. Is that the case?

The free weekend for these games is going on right now, isn't it?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The 200$+ board game Gloomhaven just got announced on Steam. The top rated board game on BGG, its combat is what Dark Soul's analog adaptation should have been. Loaded with sidequests, character growth, and missions, its the best game that nobody wants to get to the table, and this is the perfect answer to that.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Cantido wrote: »
    The 200$+ board game Gloomhaven just got announced on Steam. The top rated board game on BGG, its combat is what Dark Soul's analog adaptation should have been. Loaded with sidequests, character growth, and missions, its the best game that nobody wants to get to the table, and this is the perfect answer to that.

Do you have a link? All I can find is a Tabletop Simulator mod for it.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/780290/Gloomhaven/

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2