As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Bought this.

Just got the regular version.

Problem with the deluxe versions are most of the bonuses are costume packs and the problem with that is the P5 team's starting outfits are cooler than anything else they get.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'd strongly consider playing P5R if I could use my P5 save file to immediately go into a new game+ in R but failing that, nah, I just don't want to play a 90-hour game again

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    P5R can wait until it's like 20 bucks.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I don't know if I will finish it right away tbh.

Cause I'm gonna stop all progress as soon as FF7R comes out.

• Options
    Still want my dream Persona 6.

Female protagonist, party members are the previous child confidants/social links (plus a cool non-verbal pet koromaru style), old game protags and party members make up the majority of the new social links.

But this is too cool and will thus never happen.

• Options
    I'd settle for one where the characters were at least 25.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My dream Persona cast is a gal building a punk band that fights demons by day and gigs by night

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

If only there was a second game in the series...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Said this a number of times. Persona 2 has many of those late 90s jRPG quirks that I honestly don't have the patience for anymore to ever go back and play it.

Now if they remade and modernized the gameplay systems a bit I'd be all for it.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    my dream persona is persona 5 but when morgana, that piece of shit, leaves nobody looks for him and we replace him with koromaru

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I went ahead and got the Ultimate edition of P5R, digitally. I got an email from Amazon this morning suggesting that Persona 5 shipments may be delayed due to COVID-19 so that clinched it for me. I intend to actually play the game immediately when it releases.

Like midnight on Tuesday.

I maaaay keep my physical preorder and keep the swag but give the actual game to a friend, not sure yet.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Said this a number of times. Persona 2 has many of those late 90s jRPG quirks that I honestly don't have the patience for anymore to ever go back and play it.

Now if they remade and modernized the gameplay systems a bit I'd be all for it.

Well, that's why it'll never happen again. People keep knocking it for the flaws rather than singing its praises.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my dream persona is persona 5 but when morgana, that piece of shit, leaves nobody looks for him and we replace him with koromaru

the best thing about Morgana is his follow-up attack, which made me cackle like a child every time

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    ’Morgana doesn't tell you to go to bed quite so much -- you generally get a lot more free time at night, even if you can't leave Leblanc‘

Suddenly much more excited about tomorrow

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    ’Morgana doesn't tell you to go to bed quite so much -- you generally get a lot more free time at night, even if you can't leave Leblanc‘

Suddenly much more excited about tomorrow

i'm sorta curious about that

IIRC even with morgana telling you to go to bed a lot P5 is generally easier to 100% in a single run than 3 or 4, right?

my worry would be that with a lot more free time they've made it so that it's easy to run out of meaningful things to do

i kind of blew off p5r because p4g was.... bad, and had my girlfriend play through vanilla p5 over the course of last month

she really loved it!... and now like idiots we're both kind of looking at p5r like hmmmmm

though honestly it'll be a while before either of us get around to it. She wants to do an NG+ of P5 to get the platinum in it and i just watched her play through all of P5 so i'm not really craving more persona right this moment

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't know how you could 100% P5 in one run

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Fortune is broken.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

If you get fortune teller to 7 ASAP maxing the social links is easier in 5 than any previous game, and those those SP trinkets from the doctor basically guarantee you can get through a palace all in one trip. As far as the platinum, having to read, watch, and play everything might be difficult but I think it would be possible since they get you stat increases and would just take the place of burgers or the flower shop or whatever. The leveling/fusion related ones can be broken during flu season.

Persona’s way more fun when you don’t try to min max though.

• Options
    By all accounts there’s much more to do; an extra character and confidants to fill up some of the extra time. The new area also seems pretty jam-packed with time-spending activities to increase stats or level up your party.

I had a real hard time maxing out things in P5 but that was also my first persona game

• Options
    Yeah. There is more than likely always something to do at night.

I like the more casual approach tbh.

I like being able to realistically complete most of the content without having my nose stuck in a guide.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I bought P5R and have it downloading

Sure I've beaten P5 twice and have other games I could play

But that game is basically comfort food for my brain and Comfort Food with Fresh Bits is basically exactly what I need right now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i have the fancy edition coming via amazon but lots of non essential stuff getting delayed on shipping so ??? on when its arriving

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

If you get fortune teller to 7 ASAP maxing the social links is easier in 5 than any previous game, and those those SP trinkets from the doctor basically guarantee you can get through a palace all in one trip. As far as the platinum, having to read, watch, and play everything might be difficult but I think it would be possible since they get you stat increases and would just take the place of burgers or the flower shop or whatever. The leveling/fusion related ones can be broken during flu season.

Persona’s way more fun when you don’t try to min max though.

Fortune breaks the game wide open. All you need to rank up Fortune is some money, and the confuse trick is pretty easy to pull off.

• Options
    From what I hear confusion was nerfed in Royal to not be as abusable but they replaced it with some system that makes Mementos easier to grind.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Part of it's experience, but yeah, I 100%ed P5 in one run with no guide, whereas I still used guides even for NG+ in 3 and 4.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    As expected, the new grappling hook is super cool and awesome

Also, (intro spoilers)
    I have no idea what the deal is, but the moment Kasumi calls you ‘senpai’ is the moment she got thrown into the Futaba hole of ‘never romancing, ever’

Javen on
  • Options
    Gun ammo replenishing after a fight is a welcome change.

• Options
    Yeah pretty much all of the gameplay adjustments so far have been very good

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Ugh why can't this just be DLCCCCCC *whine*

I would totally play a NG+ of R

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    So uh, apparently Atlus hasn't been actively planning on localizing Persona 5 Strikers?

Atlus, geeeeez.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    So uh, apparently Atlus hasn't been actively planning on localizing Persona 5 Strikers?

Atlus, geeeeez.

Atlus' inability to release a Persona on Switch is exactly as mind-boggling as SEGA not putting any Yakuza games on the Switch.

The audience is there! They're right there!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    P4G not being on Switch or at least announced for it is mind-boggling.

Maybe they got really burned on all of the PSP and Vita ports or something? But I'd heard they'd done really well.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Atlus, geeeeez.

Atlus' inability to release a Persona on Switch is exactly as mind-boggling as SEGA not putting any Yakuza games on the Switch.

The audience is there! They're right there!

It's not like they have to port it from scratch. They just have to translate and localize! They know how big Persona is over here, why isn't it a given?

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ. Did they seriously think people in the west wouldn't want to play Strikers, which is basically a sequel to their best selling game?

I hope they actually have started localizing it and are just asking to judge initerest or something because how thick do you have to be?

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Atlus, geeeeez.

I sincerely doubt the presence of that survey question actually means that.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Sojiro keeping the Open/Close sign on the wrong side of the door is still super weird

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Atlus, geeeeez.

I sincerely doubt the presence of that survey question actually means that.

Given there's still been no official announcement of release outside Japan, and the game is already out in Japan... I could go either way.

edit: I lied, they at least registered trademark in december. still, you'd think we'd have heard something more by now

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    What’s next, a survey asking if they should make a sequel to Shin Megami Tensei 4?

• Options
    I’m pretty sure ATLUS is just trolling.

• Options
    Oh god

New classroom questions, and they're somehow even MORE obscure