[E3] 2018 Is Over. See You In 2019. Cause That's When All the Games Come Out.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    The only question I have about Pokemon Let's Go is how quickly can I get a psyduck? Gonna be running around with Eevee on my shoulder and psyduck following behind me.

Play Pokemon Go for a little bit, catch a Psyduck, pop him in Let's Go when it's released. :P

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    The only question I have about Pokemon Let's Go is how quickly can I get a psyduck? Gonna be running around with Eevee on my shoulder and psyduck following behind me.

Play Pokemon Go for a little bit, catch a Psyduck, pop him in Let's Go when it's released. :P

My phone is branded with the word "Microsoft". I only hear mysterious laughter off in the distance whenever I even open the app store.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.

My phone is branded with the word "Microsoft". I only hear mysterious laughter off in the distance whenever I even open the app store.

If there was a hilarisad reaction, I'd use it. (I'd argue Microsoft phones were much better than people gave them credit for, but yeah, they never ever got many decent apps.)

I think the problem is I decided to try an MS phone too late in their lifespan. Microsoft is done supporting them, and there's a bug that prevents users from downloading anything at all =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    What I found pretty funny was that during the Microsoft conference when they showed off a few mobile titles the Microsoft phone logo was noticeably absent from the logos of supported devices.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    What I found pretty funny was that during the Microsoft conference when they showed off a few mobile titles the Microsoft phone logo was noticeably absent from the logos of supported devices.

Wasn't windows phone OS support ended in 2017?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”

Yeah, but they still have tablets.

Not surprising since Microsoft killed the phone either last year or two years ago, depending on your definition.

Microsoft missing the boat on mobile almost entirely just might be the company's greatest failure.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Doesn't the Surface just run regular Windows 10?

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

Support for Windows 10 Mobile (aka the phone version) ended in 2017. Fairly certain that a tablet built and sold after January 2018 that has windows on it is just using Windows 10 in tablet mode.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    All Surface devices excluding the original Surface RT (that actually was pretty well-regarded on this forum!) run a full Windows OS, either 8 or 10. Not surprising, since the whole point of the line was basically to show other companies how to make that style of device (including, humorously enough, Apple with the iPad Pro).

Me, I have an Blackberry Android now. Pokemon Go won't let me register any of a half-dozen proposed user names. "Fuck it" I decided.

Synthesis on
    Synthesis wrote: »
    All Surface devices excluding the original Surface RT (that actually was pretty well-regarded on this forum!) run a full Windows OS, either 8 or 10. Not surprising, since the whole point of the line was basically to show other companies how to make that style of device (including, humorously enough, Apple with the iPad Pro).

Me, I have an Blackberry Android now. Pokemon Go won't let me register any of a half-dozen proposed user names. "Fuck it" I decided.

Wow, I can't believe they let you use that one!

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

How can there be a 'making of' documentary before the actual game is even released? Hell, before we even know how the game plays. This is some ridiculous PR and spinning.
    'Making Of' documentaries get filmed during the making of. That's the point. This game is releasing in a handful of months at this point, so it's about as done as it is going to be for the most part. Is it PR? Yeah. Does it have in-depth info? Yeah. Is this what the NoClip people do? Yeah. I figure NoSpin came to them with the idea of a Bethesda documentary, and then Bethesda also offered to be the exclusive info-point for Fallout 76 (and adjusted their E3 presentation accordingly). It's different, but not in a bad way.

I'm also confused about the "spinning." What is being 'spun' here?

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I clicked on the spoiler and my wallet ran away...

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I'm waiting to see what happens when Pokemon Bank is actually a bitcoin miner

Elsewhere, I have learned of the limbo purgatory department of Ubisoft
    x2z3nvxj37di.png

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    "How many songs could we put on the Wii edition?"

"Enough."

"What's 'enough'?"

"You think anyone who owns a Wii is going to play this more than once a year at New Year's Eve? Enough."

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

How can there be a 'making of' documentary before the actual game is even released? Hell, before we even know how the game plays. This is some ridiculous PR and spinning.
    'Making Of' documentaries get filmed during the making of. That's the point. This game is releasing in a handful of months at this point, so it's about as done as it is going to be for the most part. Is it PR? Yeah. Does it have in-depth info? Yeah. Is this what the NoClip people do? Yeah. I figure NoSpin came to them with the idea of a Bethesda documentary, and then Bethesda also offered to be the exclusive info-point for Fallout 76 (and adjusted their E3 presentation accordingly). It's different, but not in a bad way.

Oh, I guessed I missed all those 'making of' films that you are citing that were released before the actual film/game was released. Considering that reality, this 'documentary' looks normal.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I mean, the Just Dance series is made by 2 interns and a lawyer, right? (The lawyer is for licensing music).

Lucascraft wrote: »
    I mean, the Just Dance series is made by 2 interns and a lawyer, right? (The lawyer is for licensing music).

Hey hey hey, let's not be assholes. . . the lawyer does mocap too.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Oh, I guessed I missed all those 'making of' films that you are citing that were released before the actual film/game was released. Considering that reality, this 'documentary' looks normal.
    This is a super silly thing to be mad about, as in it's a non-issue. Also, again, you said there was "spinning" going on. What is being spun?

It's just a free Youtube "Making of" doc... what's the issue?

Uggghhh. So Nintendo started today's Treehouse with even more Smash. Then they took a break to show some Mario Party. And now they're back on Smash.

Nintendo's really going for "putting all their eggs in one basket" this year. And that basket is Smash.

... I just want to see some more Fire Emblem.

Is there a new Mario Party and has it gone back to the board game format where everyone moves individually?

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Uggghhh. So Nintendo started today's Treehouse with even more Smash. Then they took a break to show some Mario Party. And now they're back on Smash.

Nintendo's really going for "putting all their eggs in one basket" this year. And that basket is Smash.

... I just want to see some more Fire Emblem.

Given how well that worked with BotW and then once more with Odyssey, I wouldn't be surprised to see that being the approach forevermore. They just need... genre and/or platform defining games each time to do it, which they've managed to do like twice in a row now.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    Yes, the new Mario Party game is called "Super Mario Party." I only was kind of paying attention to the stream, but the mini-games all look to be more in depth and less janky than before. The controls and so forth seem a lot better. And there's a new multi-Switch mode for when you have multiple Switches in the same physical location. They're really trying to make it a social game this time.

I'm not sure about the board game aspects so much. I haven't played a Mario Party game since... 7(?). It's been a while for me. So if the series has moved in another direction I am unaware of it. The portions of the game that I saw looked like pretty standard Mario Party fare to me.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Is there a new Mario Party and has it gone back to the board game format where everyone moves individually?

Looks that way!

SniperGuy wrote: »

Looks that way!
    Oh shit if that's the case then I will probably go back to Mario Party. I haven't played any since 5 but I also found out about the shared-movement in the later ones and wasn't interested.

Ready to ruin friendships again.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    The car mechanic was one of the dumbest things. I hate it.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Nearly all the ones I'm interested in don't have dates yet.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    edited June 2018
    Am I just jaded or is the rest of 2018 a little quiet? There's some big things like Red Dead Redemption II, Spider-Man and Smash and some possible left-field biggies like Fallout 76 and Starlink, but such a big chunk of it is filled with stuff that predictably comes out every year or every other year. It seems like most of the interesting new things and big non-annual stuff is for 2019 and beyond.

cloudeagle on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

well then ask one of them. worst they can do is say no.

edited June 2018
    Am I just jaded or is the rest of 2018 a little quiet? There's some big things like Red Dead Redemption II, Spider-Man and Smash and some possible left-field biggies like Fallout 76 and Starlink, but such a big chunk of it is filled with stuff that predictably comes out every year or every other year. It seems like most of the interesting new things and big non-annual stuff is for 2019 and beyond.

Nah, July and August are kinda quiet IMO. I'm gonna pick up Mario Aces later this month, and probably Octopath next month. But yeah, nothing major for me until Spider-Man in September. Gives me a little time to do some backlog catching up I suppose.

KoopahTroopah on
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

well then ask one of them. worst they can do is say no.

Cyberpunk turned me down, said I wasn't Cool enough.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    The car mechanic was one of the dumbest things. I hate it.

I liked it for a game or two and how it provided something different, but I think they were smart to go back to individual movement now.

Rolling juuuust right in such a way that you fucked over whoever was about to play next had a certain satisfaction to it.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

If that’s what they had prepared for E3 I can see why Sony glossed over it. The gameplay they showed last year looked at least new for zombie games with volume of aggressive enemies.

That gameplay looked incredibly dull.

Looks pretty good to me. That was just a little story mission, the game map is littered with massive hordes of nasties.

Also, not a zombie game

Calling your zombies something different or clever doesn't make it not a zombie game. They're still aggressive, near mindless killing machines that are monstrous humanity/animals.

It's a dev doc made by Danny O'Dwyer (friend of Giant Bomb) who has a patreon for making dev docs. (His one about Doom 2016 is pretty great.) He just put out one about Bethesda's history last week.
    It really, really feels like Fallout 76 was made with largely existing assets and an online twist as kind of a stopgap measure as Bethesda works on the next Elder Scrolls and that sci-fi game that both seem far away. Maybe all this stuff is designed to make the game feel less like that?

(Granted I haven't seen the video since I don't have 40 minutes to spare)

They had to do something with Battlecry studios following the death of the Battlecry game. Given they're an MP studio, making an MP version of an existing Bethesda IP makes a lot of sense.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

If that’s what they had prepared for E3 I can see why Sony glossed over it. The gameplay they showed last year looked at least new for zombie games with volume of aggressive enemies.

That gameplay looked incredibly dull.

Looks pretty good to me. That was just a little story mission, the game map is littered with massive hordes of nasties.

Also, not a zombie game

Calling your zombies something different or clever doesn't make it not a zombie game. They're still aggressive, near mindless killing machines that are monstrous humanity/animals.

If your game doesn't feature zombies, it isn't a zombie game.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dan: "Eggs are good if you put like, 17 pounds of cheese on them. And a ton of salt, like half a salt shaker of salt. And some hot sauce.

Eggs are alright."

How does Dan keep out-Danning himself this e3?