Options

How to pick up a [chat] like a pro

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    hello shitbutts and emotional abusers

Feeling pretty attacked rn tbh

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Discovering the identity of Winky's game was second most important moment of my life after understanding the joke of Bart Simpson (rude).

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ludious wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    hello shitbutts and emotional abusers

Feeling pretty attacked rn tbh

today had one of my direct reports sort of fan herself with her hands while i was coaching her about a mistake. a couple deep breaths, looks at me and the paperwork we're doing, THIS IS JUST, A LOT RIGHT NOW? OK?

• Options
    Oh no. Just got an urgent email. Someone has failed to return one of the school of physical sciences parking permits.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Oh no. Just got an urgent email. Someone has failed to return one of the school of physical sciences parking permits.

I get at least 3 urgent emails a day. None are ever urgent. It's always "some routine tedious admin needs to happen in the next couple of days". I wonder about the people who use the urgent flag and how mundane everything else they do must be

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

i also just got an urgent work email

"Let’s Celebrate some great events happening in Denver this weekend!
    Wear your favorite bright colored rainbow shirts or fandom/superhero
    shirts to celebrate Pride and Comic-Con
    Saturday and Sunday-Jeans are permitted for EVERYONE!"

of course i'm off this weekend

my captain sunshine outfit..

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    A lot of clickbaity youtube videos decrying that Star Wars is now dead.

Hmm.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Hmm.

what is this? shortly after every single star wars movie has come out since the invention of youtube?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

Hmm.

what is this? shortly after every single star wars movie has come out since the invention of youtube?

Feels particular concentrated now. Though maybe that's the a l g o r i t h m s

Just saying, I don't think any of the movies to have emerged in the last 18 months are franchise killing

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Discovering the identity of Winky's game was second most important moment of my life after understanding the joke of Bart Simpson (rude).

it's that he's rude

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Part of my self care routine that I’m bad at is reminding myself that the grimness and negativity of the internet is concentrated and that the outside world is a lot more nuanced than all of that concentrated bile and evil you see online.
    For me this is mostly concerning politics etc but it’s just as true for Star Wars. It ain’t dead.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    One of my friends hated the last SW film. All my other friends liked it, some very much.
    So, it's at 50:50 in my circle of friends.

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »
    One of my friends hated the last SW film. All my other friends liked it, some very much.

this was a good post haps

• Options
    The worst reaction I've gotten from a Star Wars movie so far is "eh, it was okay".

The internet needs to learn that this is okay.

• Options

i am honored to be one of your two friends but i didn't know ducks liked the last jedi

• Options
    Opening up the universe to more creators means that there will be more movies and more chances for those movies to be bad or merely ok.

• Options
    the cinematography of that one scene in the newest star wars was really good
    when they're fighting snoke's guards together

memorable af

the rest of that movie was meh to me and i didn't like rogue one

the first new one i liked tho, p gud

• Options
    edited June 2018
    The SW universe was closed off for so long that I’m ok with not liking some shit just to have new voices. I kinda hope they get this prequel for every character shit outta their system quickly though.

I want a noir story set in the underbelly of coruscant.

I want a horror movie about force sensitive witches on a backwater planet hunting a group of stormtroopers.

Etc.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Opening up the universe to more creators means that there will be more movies and more chances for those movies to be bad or merely ok.

That's nothing new to Star Wars. lol

• Options

That's nothing new to Star Wars. lol
    I know but you gotta realize your average YouTuber is like...18 and they grew up unironically liking the prequels so “thing I don’t like” is new to them.

• Options

it's that he's rude

(rude)

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Disney has been consistently hiring middle aged white men for Star Wars. I think they're 12/12 now (and fired... 5?... of them)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Yeah and it’s a shame because Disney literally has relationships with younger directors of color who have made them shittons of money. Hopefully that will change in the future.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Having one of my old staple breakfast from like elementary school on.

Toast with butter and strawberry jam topped with scrambled eggs with american cheese melted in at almost a 1 to 1 ratio.

So trashy.

So good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Toast with butter and strawberry jam topped with scrambled eggs with american cheese melted in at almost a 1 to 1 ratio.

So trashy.

So good.

wait

this is all on the toast?

i like the efficiency

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

So trashy.

So good.

wait

this is all on the toast?

i like the efficiency

I eat it with a fork but yeah it is super efficient.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Strawberry jam and eggs works together?

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfFVLdySxzA

Someone actually made a music tribute to the first Mad Max, almost no one ever even acknowledges that there was a movie before The Road Warrior, especially not since Fury Road came out.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    The worst reaction I've gotten from a Star Wars movie so far is "eh, it was okay".

The internet needs to learn that this is okay.

Nope. the internet is not a place for nuance.
    Or. Put another way

IT IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF FEMINISTS!!!!!11111111ONEONEONE

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

So trashy.

So good.

I didn't realise it was own up to warcrimes Friday

• Options

it's like a fruit custard not made very well

• Options

But with cheese to make it worse

• Options

But with cheese to make it worse

• Options
    "toast, jam, eggs, cheese" totally sounds like a rachel's thanksgiving trifle recipe kind of thing

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Cheese and jam works quite well together.

• Options

remember we're talking american cheese

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

See I was thinking creamcheese, because I've eaten a bagel that was one half cream cheese 1 half four fruits jam.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    That piece by Hardwick's ex makes him sound like a mega-trash famewhore egomaniac monster. But it also makes him sound... pretty up front and consistent about it? He manifested all that behavior, by her account, within the first two weeks of meeting her. Wtf why didn't you run for the hills, good god girl.

--probably because you were dealing with some mega emotional damage of your own (solidarity fistbump). And being a bad guardian of your own interests doesn't make it OK for other people to treat you like trash. I'm just surprised. I'm used to the "he treated me like trash" arc having a lot more grooming at the beginning.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

See I was thinking creamcheese, because I've eaten a bagel that was one half cream cheese 1 half four fruits jam.

cream cheese and fruit jam is great

This discussion has been closed.