Options

How to pick up a [chat] like a pro

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    There is a man on my train with actual shit all over his right foot; I saw a woman struggle to not retch as she entered the car

It's a good thing I have a weak sense of smell

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i mean i don't even know how you make a movie from under $1m these days and get any real exposure on it

Youtube

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    There is a man on my train with actual shit all over his right foot; I saw a woman struggle to not retch as she entered the car

greatest city in the world

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    i mean i don't even know how you make a movie from under $1m these days and get any real exposure on it

Youtube

Sy-fy original movies.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

greatest city in the world

Old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be...

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »

Youtube

Sy-fy original movies.

cheap as they are i wouldn't doubt they have greater than million dollar budgets

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    *farts moistly*

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Jurassic Park. There's another franchise that's squatting over the world, pinching off one loaf of nutrition free but easily digestible and incrementally diluted content at a time.

If you murdered someone after seeing Jurassic Park on opening day you would probably be paroled by now.

And during that entire sentence Hollywood has failed to produce even one sequel for it worthy of the time it takes to watch it.

"Alan!"

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

abol

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Best Goldblum appearance might be the league

His revolting relationship with his son is remarkable

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Jurassic Park. There's another franchise that's squatting over the world, pinching off one loaf of nutrition free but easily digestible and incrementally diluted content at a time.

I'm too young for Star Wars when it came out, so I'm just like, oh, here's a steady stream of pretty good light scifi

I'm old enough to remember JP1 to know that the new JP movies don't hold a candle to JP (maybe to 2 and 3 of the originals)

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    i saw the original jurassic park in the theater when i was 12

i'm pretty sure no movie will ever live up to that

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Also the new star wars flicks don't seem any better or worse than the old ones

I'm sure the old ones felt better at the time, given the novelty, but that's not really a value assignable to the movies qua movies

That's an accident of time that folks happened to enjoy

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Otoh, Chanus, last night for the first time I saw metal performed live; it was a solid little concert in the back of a dive bar

• Options

*maths*

my bro could go see it because he was older

bro is 6 years older than me

fuck, I'm 6 years from ancient?

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I was an extra in a Dutch €300k movie, and that is basically film students who made just enough money on their first project to secure a loan, and then desperately try to make it work by cutting endless corners.
    A $1M movie is nothing.

But 20-30 years ago the movie business was gambling on 10 $20m-$40m movies a year and see which ones popped big. There were more chances being taken than today. WB has made an official statement that pretty much says that apart from Nolan, they will never let a director film his own script without oversight again.

20 years ago, the top 10 was: Titanic / MiB / JP2 / Liar Liar / Air Force One / As Good As It Gets / Good Will Hunting / SW4 rerelease / My Best Friends Wedding / Tomorrow Never Dies

That's a RomCom, a SciFi comedy, a sequel, a star vehicle comedy, a star vehicle action movie, 2 star vehicle oscar bait drama's, a rerelease, another RomCom, and a Bond movie. Over half of those were not sure bets.

Last year it is 6 Superhero movies, a Star Wars movie, It remake, Jumanji remake, a Disney live action remake, and Despicable Me 3. The game has changed.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Also the new star wars flicks don't seem any better or worse than the old ones

I'm sure the old ones felt better at the time, given the novelty, but that's not really a value assignable to the movies qua movies

That's an accident of time that folks happened to enjoy

They're different, more than having some quality difference.

Except Rey is better than Luke and the philosophy aligns with mine more explicitly so I guess the new ones are slightly better

• Options
    In conclusion, New York is a land of contrasts

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJlmYh27MHg

They sell it so hard and it's great.

• Options

*maths*

my bro could go see it because he was older

bro is 6 years older than me

fuck, I'm 6 years from ancient?

yup

though if you feel better i was also 13 in 1993 but i'm an october

• Options
    my lord Jeff Goldblum was a dreamboat

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Du duuu
    Du du duuu
    dududu dudu du duuuuuuuuuuuuu

deee dee dee dee du dududu duuuuu

dududu duuuuuuu

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That's the JP song fyi

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    my lord Jeff Goldblum was a dreamboat

was?

• Options
    The original JP

T-rex at the end in the visitor center

that roar was so fucking loud and there's never been anything like it since

• Options
    The original JP

my colon an hour after Chipotle

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

If you murdered someone after seeing Jurassic Park on opening day you would probably be paroled by now.

And during that entire sentence Hollywood has failed to produce even one sequel for it worthy of the time it takes to watch it.

a novel strategy for avoiding spoilers tho

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I was an extra in a Dutch €300k movie, and that is basically film students who made just enough money on their first project to secure a loan, and then desperately try to make it work by cutting endless corners.
    A $1M movie is nothing.

But 20-30 years ago the movie business was gambling on 10 $20m-$40m movies a year and see which ones popped big. There were more chances being taken than today. WB has made an official statement that pretty much says that apart from Nolan, they will never let a director film his own script without oversight again.

20 years ago, the top 10 was: Titanic / MiB / JP2 / Liar Liar / Air Force One / As Good As It Gets / Good Will Hunting / SW4 rerelease / My Best Friends Wedding / Tomorrow Never Dies

That's a RomCom, a SciFi comedy, a sequel, a star vehicle comedy, a star vehicle action movie, 2 star vehicle oscar bait drama's, a rerelease, another RomCom, and a Bond movie. Over half of those were not sure bets.

Last year it is 6 Superhero movies, a Star Wars movie, It remake, Jumanji remake, a Disney live action remake, and Despicable Me 3. The game has changed.

i think the tendency is to blame the superhero movies when really it's that audiences' desire to see movies in theaters has changed both in frequency and type of film worth paying for

which is basically what i said before, maybe i'm just repeating myself

• Options
    You know, Air Force 1 was a good flick too

John Leguizamo has been in everything

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So uh, wassup with the Oglaf faces?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

SE++ is leaking

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Best Goldblum appearance might be the league

His revolting relationship with his son is remarkable

I maintain The Tall Guy is a very funny movie. The scene where he auditions for a Steven Berkoff play is excellent.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Memetic hazard, I assume

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Air Force 1 should have had a comedy sequel title Air Force Two that was about the vice president caught in a similar scenario.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Air Force 1 should have had a comedy sequel title Air Force Two that was about the vice president caught in a similar scenario.

They went in a really different direction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAJv5VHr5yQ

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

Marine 1

all happens in a helicopter

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    The original JP

Me after Black Bear diner

"Why do they call it Shrimp Explosion"

*two hours later*

"Ohhhh"

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Why when I empty a thumb drive in on Mac it “deletes” the files, but when I take the drive back to a PC I can clearly see a ghost folder with all the files still there?

Did you just move the files to the trash without actually deleting them?

Edit: Oh this was from 4am.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    The original JP

Me after Black Bear diner

"Why do they call it Shrimp Explosion"

*two hours later*

"Ohhhh"

11brup.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I'm really digging Hyper - Spoiler as the amped up big brother to Digitalism - Miami Showdown

SummaryJudgment on
This discussion has been closed.