l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Waterfall capes

99120219005_EidolonAspectStorm01.jpg
    99120219005_EidolonAspectSea01.jpg

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Like you going to make fucking underwater elves with AMAZING models (that fucking waterfall cape is the coolest fucking thing I have ever seen) but yet you made Ironjawz which you get 90$ of in the get stared box then everything else is the same boring ass Orks that have always been there.

Yeah, Ironjawz got some pretty great models... but those were all of them, there's like two battleline units and some HQ units and that's it. Hoping Destruction gets some love in the near future.

Meanwhile, I bought the Arcanite Changecult box. <_<

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    spoiler'd for black humor.
    tuh46s82j7fk.jpg

i feel like somethingobscur deserves some kind of reward

i don't know what kind of reward

but a reward nonetheless

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    but bogart i don't wanna read interesting things
    *drags feet*

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2018
    The 18 year old apprentice at work is unfamiliar with 2001: A Space Odyssey and didn't recognise the cut out of HAL's red eye someone stuck to the new, shiny, expensive server cabinet.

It turns out he thought he'd recognised it from somewhere, but that somewhere was an episode of The Simpsons.

Maybe this is like that old saw about the Beatles and the bands that came after. The Beatles were influenced by a million things, but a whole lot of bands afterwards were influenced by the Beatles and little else. The Simpsons may be a great cultural filter through which the many influences of its writers are delivered to an audience who don't recognise the references but accept them as if they sprung, fully formed, from the TV show.

EDIT: but it's also true that many people enjoy the density of references in The Simpsons as a particular quality of that show. So maybe I'm talking gibberish.

Bogart on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    The 18 year old apprentice at work is unfamiliar with 2001: A Space Odyssey and didn't recognise the cut out of HAL's red eye someone stuck to the new, shiny, expensive server cabinet.

It turns out he thought he'd recognised it from somewhere, but that somewhere was an episode of The Simpsons.

Maybe this is like that old saw about the Beatles and the bands that came after. The Beatles were influenced by a million things, but a whole lot of bands afterwards were influenced by the Beatles and little else. The Simpsons may be a great cultural filter through which the many influences of its writers are delivered to an audience who don't recognise the references but accept them as if they sprung, fully formed, from the TV show.

Like the guy who asked me one time if the name Mephistopheles was from Cats

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    vampyr looks kind of cool but a couple reviewers said the combat is bad

but when have i ever been right to trust another human

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Good morning Monas and Lisas.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Why when I empty a thumb drive in on Mac it “deletes” the files, but when I take the drive back to a PC I can clearly see a ghost folder with all the files still there?

Unix convention.

Each individual mounted filesystem has its own trash folder.

Deleting moves files to the trash within the filesystem until you "empty trash" (or whatever the Mac equivalent is) with the filesystem mounted.

So, on your Mac, delete the files, then empty trash before removing the drive, and they should be gone (although there will probably still be a hidden trash folder).

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I’m sure I’ve seen 2001 but I honestly don’t remember the experience apart from the monkeys at the start and then an interminable establishing shot.

Most of my knowledge has instead come through cultural osmosis.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Thank you Japan!!!

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    On Ubuntu you can shift-delete which just deletes without moving to trash, I don't know if there's a Mac equivalent

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I've never seen a movie but I used to watch The Critic so I can hold my own in a conversation on the classics.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I am awake. It is terrible. My bed was so warm.

• Options
    Rosebud

Yes, Rosebud Frozen Peas. Full of country goodness and green peaness

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Anything full of green peaness should probably consult a medical professional.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I've never seen a movie but I used to watch The Critic so I can hold my own in a conversation on the classics.

what did you think of infinity war?

it stinks

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    japan wrote: »
    On Ubuntu you can shift-delete which just deletes without moving to trash, I don't know if there's a Mac equivalent

option delete does the same thing on mac os

Organichu on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I am now about a thousand dollars poorer, but the ghost of a computer lies in bits on my floor

hmmm

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    I’m sure I’ve seen 2001 but I honestly don’t remember the experience apart from the monkeys at the start and then an interminable establishing shot.

I remember the far superiour 2010 better.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    *smugly eats popcorn*

Motherfuckin’ told you so.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    One day, ONE DAY, I’m going to get the title of divine oracle of shitheads title that I deserve.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Here is a trophy for not specifying what you’re talking about instead.

• Options
    that’s on purpose. I’d rather not get into the reason, and not to be passive aggressive. It’s more of a by the end of the day the 5 people that will get the reference will know what I’m talking about and I’ve spared everyone else a discussion about it.

It’s more of an Easter egg I guess.

• Options
    I'm all in on this new Ludious ARG

I ran a negative filter on a screenshot of his post and I found some coordinates, on my way to the location now

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    that’s on purpose. I’d rather not get into the reason, and not to be passive aggressive. It’s more of a by the end of the day the 5 people that will get the reference will know what I’m talking about and I’ve spared everyone else a discussion about it.

This is as annoying as when Winky used to post vague nonsense about his game but refuse to tell people what it was.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Oh my god if I had the resources to run an ARG I’d be so happy. The short lived life of ARGs as a main promotional tool makes me sad.

• Options
    I'm all in on this new Ludious ARG

I ran a negative filter on a screenshot of his post and I found some coordinates, on my way to the location now

It leads to:
    444 Cedar St Ste 2200, St Paul, MN 55101, USA

• Options
    Okay I'm at the location from the coordinates

I'm just in the middle of the woods I'm not sure this is the right place

Wait

I see a structure built into this hillside, it's like a bunker

Looks like there are three distinct entrances?

One blue
    One red
    One green

There's a figure approaching... I think it's... a child?

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Disagree on it being better. I do think it was quite good though.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »

Disagree on it being better. I do think it was quite good though.

It was meant as a joke! D:

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Not nearly enough blood grimes or skulls for a warhammer thingy

I dunno what Elon Musk's girlfriend has to do with Warhammer.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »

This is as annoying as when Winky used to post vague nonsense about his game but refuse to tell people what it was.

Fair enough. TBH I really didn’t think of it like that and yeah. Now I realize it’s dumb and ill conceived. I apologize.
    So let’s do this. I won’t vague post like that again and will explain in spoilers because some people like to separate their consumption of a celebrity’s work from a celebrity’s life. It’s just that we’ve had discussions in chat about this person before. Then we can move on and not talk about it.
    Chris Hardwick is being accused in a rather hard to read article about long term emotional abuse and sexual assault of a former girlfriend.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    milski wrote: »
    Not nearly enough blood grimes or skulls for a warhammer thingy

I dunno what Elon Musk's girlfriend has to do with Warhammer.

Grimes, queen Celeb of the worker, and her boyfriend *squints* Elon Musk???

Ludious on
  • Options
    TBH getting compared to Winky (who I am quite fond of on a personal 1 on 1 level) has me, as the kids say, shook.

• Options
    hello shitbutts and emotional abusers

• Options
    I had to google who that was.

This discussion has been closed.