[Football/Soccer] Thread about kickin' balls

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    our biggest rivals are playing AC Milan in the Europa League tonight and it's very funny that one of the biggest games in the club's history has to be played behind closed doors

there's a lot of "i hope they win for the good of the league" sentiment going around that I'm morally opposed to. I genuinely hope Zlatan kicks their shit in

I don't think that's something you'll need to hope too hard for.

sig.gif
  • FishmanFishman Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Registered User regular
    Rovers:0 Milan:2

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    rovers did better than expected, which is obviously disappointing

Calhanoglu and Hernandez were impressive i thought but overall you could tell Milan were in pre-season mode

• FishmanFishman Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Registered User regular
    No coverage here so I had to follow match updates and social media.

Fishman wrote: »
    No coverage here so I had to follow match updates and social media.

it was your usual david vs goliath, rovers had ten men behind the ball and let milan do their thing. The first goal came from a defensive mistake, the second was a cracker. Donnarumma was forced into two good saves but overall it was men against boys even though Milan never really shifted out of second gear

Fishman
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod

sean gannon of dundalk earning a fallon d'floor nomination last night in utterly embarrassing circumstances

Bogart
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    We’ve apparently flogged Jota to Liverpool for three or four times what we paid for him.

Hmmmm. He was pretty good but seemed to score a hat trick and then nowt for ages.

edited September 19
    My own 2020 season came to a belated close today, with the season start delayed owing to lockdown at the start of the season.

Scored a goal and later chipped two teeth when I got leveled on the ball, so I'd say I got to experience the full gamut of the on field experience today. Now I have the worst part of football... the offseason.

Fishman on
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited September 19
    Fishman wrote: »
    My own 2020 season came to a belated close today, with the season start delayed owing to lockdown at the start of the season.

Scored a goal and later chipped two teeth when I got leveled on the ball, so I'd say I got to experience the full gamut of the on field experience today. Now I have the worst part of football... the offseason.

6 months off and counting here.

They offered some 7v7 outdoor with masks on recently but, like, no.

Pellaeon on
    Wolves are close to signing the Barcelona defender Nélson Semedo, having made a bid of €38m (£34.8m) for the Portugal international.

Portuguese, you say?

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Wolves are close to signing the Barcelona defender Nélson Semedo, having made a bid of €38m (£34.8m) for the Portugal international.

Portuguese, you say?

If you want to know who Wolves will sign, just look at Jorge Mendes' client list and throw a dart.

Dyvim Tvar
    betting the gaff on Brighton beating United next week

HerrCron
    s8qv8eg1e907.jpg

probably fair that this got changed to a red

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Yeah. That Newcastle player is playing too violently.

Fucking Jackie Chan move there.

HerrCronElvenshae
    City tonight. Let's see if Traore can trample them into the dirt again.

You can take the boy out of Killybegs....

sig.gif
    Well, I mean, they were 2-0 up last time as well.

Could still happen.

god city are still as dull as watching paint dry

• CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond Registered User regular
    Wrexham FC receiving financial backing from Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney cracked my doom-laden rictus into something approaching a smile

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/24/wrexham-hollywood-ryan-reynolds-rob-mcelhenney-game-changer

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    l6t6jmnxf3co.jpeg

sometimes football is good

betting the gaff on Brighton beating United next week

nrn0w4upnm1g.jpeg

I mean, I’m not complaining at that match

Special KDrovekCarpyChanusMuddy WaterElvenshaeVegemyteDyvim Tvar
  • LeperMessiahLeperMessiah Registered User regular
    Transfer this season please!

Mesut Ozil: 'Very difficult' for Arsenal midfielder to get back into squad, says Mikel Arteta

Mikel Arteta had admitted that it is "very difficult" for Mesut Ozil to break back into his Arsenal side after leaving the midfielder out of a fourth successive matchday squad.

• Special KSpecial K Registered User regular
    'Very difficult' for Arsenal midfielder to get back into squad, says Mikel Arteta

Mesut shrugs, and then smiles thinking about all the zeros on the payslip Arsenal gave him this week and every week.

LeperMessiah
  • LeperMessiahLeperMessiah Registered User regular
    Yup, hopefully we can clear out the chaff in the next 2 years.

Special Koldmanken
    Surely they’re going to change this handball rule. It’s utterly ludicrous.

Special KRedcoat-13815165
  • MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Never change Spurs - should have put the game to bed so much earlier.

Trying not to be a whingebag but surely it's a higher % chance now to aim for players arms in the box to win a pen than it is to try and score?

camo_sig2-400.png
    Basketball has the three second rule. Perhaps they should introduce that one here?

world class from Vardy there

ridiculous shit

CaptainBeyond
    Well, that was painful to watch.

91njqhpt1mnc.png

things going well in the office draft

HerrCron
    I have a marvelous knack for picking lads that will bag at least 10 points and leaving them on the bench
    Last week - Pereira
    This week - Mahrez

Thanks to this stellar decision making, I'm seven points off bottom, with only Firmino left to play, and the guy in last place has van Dijk, Tierney, Ceballos, and Aubameyang to play.

Whelp.....

sig.gif
  • CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond Registered User regular

God I loved Delap-era Stoke, and the consternation they wrought amongst those with ideas about football 'should' be played.

Didn't realise Darren Fletcher had moved into punditry, thought he was very good last night.