Options

Octopath Traveler for Nintendo Switch

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Don’t worry about the ch2 reqs too much, though I would definitely recommend starting with the lowest level ones.

You need to regear and level and gear costs cash which is in tight supply.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Got seven job shrines and the right (Dancer) seems to be in a zone ten levels or so above the others. That’s a bit odd.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I definitely had to rush through that area. Thank god for that Scholar ability to reduce encounter rate.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I'm probably gonna get this game soon, but I'm still torn over who to pick as my main. It's mostly between H'annit and Primrose at this point (although Tressa has some chance of winning me over).

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I'm probably gonna get this game soon, but I'm still torn over who to pick as my main. It's mostly between H'annit and Primrose at this point (although Tressa has some chance of winning me over).

Tressa.

And I say this as someone who picked H'aanit.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Tressa is feel good happy times make lots moolah ho look a gem i wanna explore da world i heard u like OP merchant skills

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Always lookin for a bargain!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Tressa need money for journey

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    H'aanit's dialogue makes me cringe.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    H'aanit'sest dialoguest makest me-eth cringe-eth.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    H'aanit's dialogue makes me cringe.

I want to smack the localization team for that choice

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Tressa need money for journey

Thieves r... not cute!!

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Don’t worry about the ch2 reqs too much, though I would definitely recommend starting with the lowest level ones.

I’ll probably just run back and forth between zones with Tressa in the party for a couple hours while watching TV when money gets tight.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I’ll probably just run back and forth between zones with Tressa in the party for a couple hours while watching TV when money gets tight.

It seems to scale with time since it last triggered so I don't think that works quite that way.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »

It seems to scale with time since it last triggered so I don't think that works quite that way.

Run through high level zones and unlock fast travel to the towns in them. Should net you over 20k.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I'm starting to think these "bad controls = comedy" games just aren't my cup of tea. I'm only on the second level, and its more frustrating than entertaining.

• Options
    Knob wrote: »
    I'm starting to think these "bad controls = comedy" games just aren't my cup of tea. I'm only on the second level, and its more frustrating than entertaining.

But he needs to go on vacation with his family. It’s all up to you!

• Options
    I am extremely torn on how to build out the secondary jobs for the next couple chapters before the extra jobs unlock.

Right now i've got Tressa/thief, Olberic/apothecary, Primrose/scholar, Cyrus/cleric, Haanit/warrior, Alfric/hunter, Therion/dancer, and Ophelia/merchant. I don't think I like how limited Cyrus is with cleric (wanted to make him merchant), but I have no idea where to put cleric if not there. I don’t wanna double stack healer classes on alfric, and nowhere else really makes sense. Maybe primrose, with Ophelia as scholar instead? But primrose seems like the logical choice for scholar damage, and that locks Ophelia into staves as her only physical option.

That the choices are actually somewhat difficult is pretty neat though.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I’m just getting the lady characters right now.

GIRL GANG

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Screw the haters; I started the demo with H'annit because she is cool and pretty and has a kitty friend who bails her out of socially awkward situations.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    H'aanit is super rad and also whoever gave the localization team the go ahead on her chapter should be beaten with a rolled up newspaper

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just got H'aanit in my party and I can confirm... Accent is bad.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    One of my significant pet peeves about this game is that the Yes/No menus require an input before the cursor will appear. That's not how menus should work!

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    One of my significant pet peeves about this game is that the Yes/No menus require an input before the cursor will appear. That's not how menus should work!

On the other hand, it means that you can't make a critical decision by mistake just pounding the A button as fast as possible. You have to give two distinct inputs to actually enter a choice.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Current party is Therion/dancer, H'annit/warrior, Primrose/cleric, Cyrus/merchant.

Therion is my main but I'm not sure what to do with him. I want to stick Second Serving/incidental attack/inspiration/fleetfoot on him. But I'm not sure if that is overly relying on sword/dagger attacks.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Having not played the demos and starting with H'annit I feared the entire game would sound like this.
    I've been going back and forth around the map spelling HOTCATPO(O). Ready to start Tressa tonight.
    Good times

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    It also spells CAT PHOTO

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Kizmitt wrote: »
    Having not played the demos and starting with H'annit I feared the entire game would sound like this.
    I've been going back and forth around the map spelling HOTCATPO(O). Ready to start Tressa tonight.
    Good times

Tressa's moms accent is .... something

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Worst part of picking Tressa as the protag is when you go back home and your parents introduce themselves to you and tell you about their shop.

rhylith on
  • Options

Xaquin wrote: »

Tressa's moms accent is .... something

Oh. Yes, that is an interesting choice.
    These towns are way too close together for all this disparity.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Iwcf66Z.png

• Options
    finished Tressa's prologue

I knew I picked the right one!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Iwcf66Z.png

I feel like the one after this should just be a picture of a Welsh person.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    before I complain about enemies having no HP bar, am I missing some way to see the enemies HP bar?

If not, I am formally complaining about there being no enemy HP bars

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    before I complain about enemies having no HP bar, am I missing some way to see the enemies HP bar?

Yes. Enemies names become redder the closer they are to death, or, a scholar can reveal remaining HP with an ability.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

Yes. Enemies names become redder the closer they are to death, or, a scholar can reveal remaining HP with an ability.

well .... I guess that's something

complaint half retracted

• Options
    The enemy name changes from whitw to yellow to red aa they get lower. Analyze will show hp baue in the middle of the screen for a moment.

You can also use steal and collect to get an idea as the cjamce of those working increases as the enemy’s health decreases.

• Options
    When Tressa finds money left behind is she picking it up or is there a shiny thing I need to find?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kizmitt wrote: »
    When Tressa finds money left behind is she picking it up or is there a shiny thing I need to find?

Just gets added to your wallet directly.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Finally started this game myself in spite of planning on doing it later, since it seems good for short bursts. Started with Primrose and moved my way to Therion for number two to start my team outlaws. Gonna start this game stealing everyone's hearts and wallets.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //