As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trailers: A Brief History

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    The Jungle Book had the same thing with limiting the facial expressions on its animal characters in order to make them seem... realistic, I guess. Combined with a cast of screen actors instead of voice actors it made every character seem really bored.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    More Detective Pikachu.

https://youtu.be/198gzllaumo

As someone who doesn't really care about Pokemon beyond "oh that one's cute," I need this movie in my veins.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    love that Pikachu is in a booster seat.

But you don't need to do any dance remix to I Wanna Dance With Somebody, it's a perfect song as in, top 5 song of all time!

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Jigglypuff blowing their tuft of hair was adorable.

I love these pokemon designs.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    I liked

Magikarp "Completely Useless"

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I'm loving that they're using more pokemon than first generation.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    I'm loving that they're using more pokemon than first generation.

A video game movie that is not only grabbing mainstream attention but has taken great care to be respectful and inclusive of its' fanbase. Like it would be easy, and even reasonable to expect, to stick with just first gen, but they didn't. They GET it.

More of this, please.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    My daughter is in love with Pancham. She refers to her self as Pancham, and runs around the house going "pancham! pancham! pancham!"

Sometimes when talking to her she'll just suddenly respond with "pancham?".

I'll have to talk the wife into letting me take the three kids (7, 5 and 5) to this movie. I'm pretty sure it will completely blow their minds.

• Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    How good we have gotten with CGI animals gives me such "Do Androids Dream" vibes. These creatures could go extinct and a generation of kids would think they were all over the place due to movies.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Was kinda meh on the Lion King until I watched it on a 4K screen, then it looked like Planet Earth with singing animals and I'm totally down for it.

• Options
    Your Name's director and band who did the soundtrack? Spot on but I do worry it's trying to be too much like Your Name with the story beats.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Your Name's director and band who did the soundtrack? Spot on but I do worry it's trying to be too much like Your Name with the story beats.

tbf basically every Makoto Shinkai trailer is exactly the same

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/xLtxhdgnOjI

Luc Besson tries his hand at a Jane Wick spy movie. I'd be more excited if Besson wasn't like a total creep and his movies have been shit since uhh the fifth element?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    imagine having a film about a female assassin with helen mirren in it and shes not the assassin

absurd

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    imagine having a film about a female assassin with helen mirren in it and shes not the assassin

absurd

When you do it right, no one even knows you were the assassin...

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Why would you ever put Lucy ahead of The Professional in your promotion and not even include Fifth Element? Lucy sucked ass, no one even remembers that movie!

Anna looks utterly generic, and the model being an assassin was a villain plot point in The Spy Who Dumped Me and other TV shows like Chuck.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Why would you ever put Lucy ahead of The Professional in your promotion and not even include Fifth Element? Lucy sucked ass, no one even remembers that movie!

Anna looks utterly generic, and the model being an assassin was a villain plot point in The Spy Who Dumped Me and other TV shows like Chuck.

Setting expectations. "Hey do you vaguely remember lucy from the trailers?"

But again with 9 women accusing Besson of being a creepy creep its like "maybe this style of movie should have been avoided luc?"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

Yeah that plot point was done better in Zoolander.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Wine Country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW_0MO-XKog

Edit: fixed link since for some reason it was deleted just after I posted and reuploaded by Netflix.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    maya rudolph is hilarious and I wish she got more credit and gigs

I'll prob go see this

• Options
    Netflix reuploaded it for some reason.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nice to see Ana Gasteyer in something again, wish they could have gotten Molly Shannon and Cheri O'Teri for this movie too.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I think this was posted a while back, all these movies blend together, but I'm starting to see billboards of this put up so I youtube'd it and it's so low effort. Sad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ji4SiEABiI

• Options
    The trailer is whatever but the guy in the news report is something else.

• Options
    The Boys, new Amazon series.

https://youtu.be/CD46c08MsHg

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

That probably would have looked great, when I was 15.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    This is what happens when you keep giving Mark Millar money.

Edit: to be clear, this is not Millar.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And yet, Karl Urban is a delight.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    And yet, Karl Urban is a delight.

He was the only reason I posted it. And why I'm interested.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcZ4sVdZb6U
    This movie looks like if James Bond and Mission Impossible had a baby and then they nursed that baby only on brotein shakes, Red Bull, and cocaine, and then that baby grew up to be a volcano basejumper who basejumps into John Cena's arms and then they fuck and get married.
    And I just watched the second trailer for this movie, and I believe the below continues to be true, but now John Cena is an ayahuasca dealer who only eats bullets and drinks gasoline and every day is motherfucking leg day, motherfucker.

Can't say it any better than that. This looks ridiculously awesome.

• Options
    Well that was fun, although the ending being Moana vs. Black Panther is kinda weird.

I would lose my shit if Jonah Takalua was one of The Rock's family members, like just some side joke they never mention but you hear this guy scream out to Stringer Bell "fuck you, sir!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O5U9irS3iA

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I'm pretty unsure how The Boys will translate to the screen, but the new trailer suggests they're not shying away from the source material. I do love Garth Ennis' work, so I guess I'm hopeful they don't fuck it up.

Hobbs and Shaw looks incredibly dumb, but hey, Idris Elba as the villain!

Nosf on
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    going to be real disappointing if this movie doesn't end with a live action rendition of 'You're Welcome'

• Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

That probably would have looked great, when I was 15.

I'm game!

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.