Options

Trailers: A Brief History

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    That was a much worse trailer than the other two

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I really don't like the little human quips they keep interjecting into this last round of trailers, but I guess these are for everyone who werent on board since the Clair De Lune drop.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    I really don't like the little human quips they keep interjecting into this last round of trailers, but I guess these are for everyone who werent on board since the Clair De Lune drop.

Yeah that's the one that sold me. That and "No. We would be his."

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Ken Watanabe with the most memorable lines.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/DG5kE8O_uP0
    I'm down for Thor 3 part 2.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    It looks entertaining. I like how Chris is basically like a slightly smarter version of his Ghostbusters character. That "men and women of black" cracked me up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaZoSTG10lw

This could be interesting, it could also be fairly basic. Hard to tell, good to see Chadwick getting some lead roles though.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/P6So71lcVdI

For a movie with so many recognizeable actors in it, this looks awful. And what accent is Travolta using here?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/P6So71lcVdI

For a movie with so many recognizeable actors in it, this looks awful. And what accent is Travolta using here?

Psychlo

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    MIB:I : still don't care about the franchise, also would like to fast track approval of banning "How you like me now" from all trailers and commercials henceforth hitherto.

21 Bridges: If it was just a straight up ticking clock thriller I'd be cool with it but it's so obviously going to turn into a "misguided robbers likely framed for killing cops by the actual bigshot cop JJ Jameson who will frame Black Panther." Love to be wrong but it's just so obvious.

Poison Rose: That's Travolta trying to do an East Texas accent like he's from Pasadena (so I think Urban Cowboy right away) but it looks like it's taking place in Louisiana or Mississippi with those house, that ain't really a Texas thing even in Orange. Feels like one of those movies a producer calls in favors for.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Texikens use of character names for actors never ceases to enrage me

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Poison Rose looks boring, but that is a lot of star power there. Jean Grey looks like she's wearing a ton of makeup.

*reads post above mine*

Oh, I mean Famke. Sorry.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    MIB came out of nowhere for me. I always liked the series but the last I’d heard was some weird attempt at a 21 Jump Street crossover. Suddenly I see a full trailer and where the fuck did that come from?

Looks like a lot of fun.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Rando #1: "My god..."
    Rando #2: "...zilla!"

I think I'm officially out on this movie.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »

Yeah there’s some awfulness there but it looks fun still

616610-1.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Conversely, seeing the teaser on the big screen ahead of Endgame in IMAX was.. holy shit.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    MIB came out of nowhere for me. I always liked the series but the last I’d heard was some weird attempt at a 21 Jump Street crossover. Suddenly I see a full trailer and where the fuck did that come from?

Looks like a lot of fun.

I'll be honest, with different leads my interest would be near-zero. But if their chemistry continues from Ragnarok? Yes please

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

That is Bradley Whitford and that line is AMAZING!

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI
    This trainwreck gonna be gooooooood.

• Options
    Damn, you know it's some idiot millenial who put Gangster's Paradise as the track because "lol it's old it's random and wacky k done with work time for selfies!"

Robotnik looks like he belongs in Lazy Town and it's interesting watching Jim Carrey act like he's supposed to be imitating 90's Jim Carrey, as poor as your shitty paintings, fam.

And Sanic, poor, freakish looking Sanic.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

Wow. this looks

wow

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Damn, you know it's some idiot millenial 38 year old man who put Gangster's Paradise as the track because "lol it's old it's random and wacky k done with work time for selfies!"

Robotnik looks like he belongs in Lazy Town and it's interesting watching Jim Carrey act like he's supposed to be imitating 90's Jim Carrey, as poor as your shitty paintings, fam.

I'm fucking sick of the word millennial.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Damn, you know it's some idiot millenial 38 year old man who put Gangster's Paradise as the track because "lol it's old it's random and wacky k done with work time for selfies!"

I'm fucking sick of the word millennial.

They're the worst generation this country has ever seen reach adulthood - except for literally every other one, which are/were worse.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sonic's face will haunt my dreams forever.

That trailer made me physically ill. Not sure if it was the awful editing or the terrifying face of a CGI demon, but its something else. Ugh. This could've been so much fun...

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Absalon wrote: »

The Super Mario Bros Movie sequel we all deserve.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    GAZE UPON IT FOREVER

q0axO4S.gif

VT8Qhqq.png

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    His eyes are not what's wrong with his design; it's the rest of his non existent and pointy face

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Sonic the hedgehog is everything I thought Detective Pikachu would be.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ...I mean, the "meow" line might have kinda worked if Sonic hadn't delivered it with a gigantic shrug.

This is gonna be SO BAD

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Holy god that looks amazing. Just amazing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Damn, you know it's some idiot millenial who put Gangster's Paradise as the track because "lol it's old it's random and wacky k done with work time for selfies!"

My girlfriend was watching this and when that song came up I actually asked her if it was a real trailer or a prank trailer, from listening it sounded like a prank trailer.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i laughed at the bag scene, but that came after the horror of everything before it.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Remember when Coolio and Weird Al had a bit of a spat over Gangsta's Paradise and Weird Al's parody Amish Paradise, because Coolio felt his song was desecrated by the parody and there was some confusion between if Al had permission for the parody or not?
    I hope he's cashing his check with a smile now that his song has been used to advertise a cartoon hedgehog movie.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

My girlfriend was watching this and when that song came up I actually asked her if it was a real trailer or a prank trailer, from listening it sounded like a prank trailer.

From watching, it seems like a prank trailer

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    His eyes are not what's wrong with his design; it's the rest of his non existent and pointy face

yeah he's got that Grinch nose.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Gangsta's Paradise sure is some kind of choice for a movie trailer for a movie about the furthest thing from a Gangsta

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    That is next level awful. I thought the bayformers looked bad, but they looked bad in a jumbled, incoherent mess kind of bad. Sonic has a careful, artisinal kind of repulsiveness.

I mean, at least Super Mario Bros. tried to do something interesting with it's designs, and you can at least appreciate the craftsmanship of practical effects.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    You know what, everybody can hate, but if it puts a smile on my kids face, I won't mind one bit.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Kruite wrote: »

yeah he's got that Grinch nose.

I saw the poster for Sonic at the movie theater, where he's sitting on the Golden Gate Bridge and you only see his legs. The blue fur heavily reminded me of the green fur from the Carrey Grinch movie.
    When I watched the trailer, and saw that Carrey was in the movie it seemed like too much of a coincidence.

And I thought his nose looked more like the monkey nose from the first Jumanji. When the kids starts turning into a monkey.

My first thought from the trailer: "What? No Tails?"

I did like the inclusion of the "Genesis" though. Fond memories of playing sonic on my SEGA Genesis....

This discussion has been closed.