Options

Everybody get up, it's time to Ham now [Overwatch]

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

the D.Va mech is the only thing there that looks kinda ok.

I don’t know. I think Bastion looks pretty great. I also kind of want the Dorado payload...

That Reinhardt, though...oof. That’s awful.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    So, because I'm a sucker, I bought 10 of season 2 of the Overwatch backpack hangers. I only got 2 dupes, and I got almost everything I wanted??

I still want Brig, Doom, and Winston, but I'll just try and trade/sell the dupes to fund them. I got the D.Va variant, Road, Junk, and Mercy. I got the Tracer, Soldier, and Widow variants. I got the Zen variant but it sucks so I'll keep classic Zen.

Also picked up the large D.Va Cute but Deadly with Mech, which is awesome.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Can’t believe the new character they’ll inevitably announce at blizzcon hasn’t leaked yet

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Clearly the leak was the Lego stuff. The new hero will be phone guy from the Hanzo/Genji short.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    went on a pretty hot streak last night solo queueing with reinhardt, but for now i just wanna share this heckin bamboozle i pulled off in one of the PA crew games

https://youtu.be/xihcMSoz2aw

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Can’t believe the new character they’ll inevitably announce at blizzcon hasn’t leaked yet

Don’t worry, I’m sure they have one, blizzard have plenty more spam, auto aim, and cc to add to the game yet

Hell, the next hero probably just unplugs your mouse when they hit you, at this point they may as well go all the way with it

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Yeah but I probably won't want them to step on me as much as Brigitte

• Options
    you can't auto-aim sass me when they took away symmetra's auto-aim and made her beam feel lifeless and indistinct as a result

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah i'm pretty sure the only auto-aim in the game at this point is like, soldier's ult and torb's turret?

reminding everyone once again that moira isn't actually auto-aim, the animation just makes it seem like it.

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    sym turrets, mcree ult... but in the overall roster it's a small percentage, yeah

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Mercy heal beam is no skill auto aim bullshit

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    gosh i'm still grumpy about symmetra's beam change

they really need to work on making the hits from beams like her and zarya, and hell even things like mei's gun feel satisfying

there's no sound effect like there is when you get a headshot, there's no big effect because it's gradual damage - there just needs to be SOMETHING with more pop to make it feel good

overwatch is really good at making movement feel good, and pretty mediocre at making weapons feel good

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Mercy heal beam is no skill auto aim bullshit

Idk the amount of times I've been unable to pick someone in dire need of healing out of a crowd of my own teammates just makes me think it's regular bullshit.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Looks like a patch just hit ptr with some reaper, symm and roadhog tune ups

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    I'm just too bad to play Symmetra, shooting balls and good teleporter placement and hitting the interact button is beyond me.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/s-XwHIlZU3k
    Client spectator of world cup :O

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    what I want to know is, why hasn't Jeff given us Mother 3, and why will it suck so bad when he does

Shorty on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The big blizzcon content announcement is gonna be sexy human winston

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    The big blizzcon content announcement is gonna be sexy human winston

i’m all in

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    last minute placements done, 2677!

if this keeps up then by next year i might just hit low diamond

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Do it.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Paris is the first expansion team to announce a roster.

And oh look. French players on a team based in France (eventually).

*looks at Toronto and Vancouver rumours*

Must be nice...

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    First new team reveal for OWL season 2

Also a possible leak of Toronto's team name: Venom

e: Still could be a fake, but Toronto has an announcement tomorrow so we might find out soon.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Love how Torb so short can't even see the mic itself

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    As a random note, I volunteered to do overnight shifts for 3-4 weeks. So I'm not really going to be playing Overwatch in the evenings for the next few weeks, except for weekends.

Well, and Red Dead Redemption is coming out this week too, so I probably was going to take a break from OW anyway, so the timing really works out pretty decently.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Toronto has revealed their branding. The "leak" from yesterday was indeed fake.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Yeah that fuckin' sounds like Toronto alright

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Wait, was the 'leak' of Toronto Venom a joke about the Raptors?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Good. Defiant is a way better name than Venom.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Colors are better too

• Options

I don't think so. There was a logo and color scheme. Someone found another actual sports logo that the fake was clearly pulled from.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

I don't think so. There was a logo and color scheme. Someone found another actual sports logo that the fake was clearly pulled from.

I... don't see how that refutes my point? They still chose Venom of all things as the fake name right after the movie came out.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

I... don't see how that refutes my point? They still chose Venom of all things as the fake name right after the movie came out.

Oh I see what you mean. I thought there was some in joke about Kawhi going to the Raptors that I didn't know about.

• Options
    I still don't see how it's a joke about the Raptors but I'm also Sports Dumb.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    The name 'Raptors' was chosen almost certainly because Jurassic Park came out earlier that year.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    im surprised more roadhog buffs are on the table. i dont follow the pro scene but i am pretty happy with him right now

but yeah I guess if they're talking "shotgun consistency" I do often feel like at extreme close range my gun sometimes does not work mysteriously

• Options
    The name 'Raptors' was chosen almost certainly because Jurassic Park came out earlier that year.

...Ohhh.

Wow, I'm surprised I didn't make the connection since I was huge into both the movie and basketball at the time. I probably just thought it was mondo cool.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The Raptors could always do a subtle rebrand by switching from the dinosaurs to the birds (ie, the living dinosaurs) the dinos were named after. I mean, Ontario has lots of birds of prey native to it, so it'd be more fitting. Plus, BoPs are super cool.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Never give up

Never surrender

https://youtu.be/VzB1I9EdJVM

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957