Options

Everybody get up, it's time to Ham now [Overwatch]

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    sidenote, it's funny that they took the character noted as having absolutely no personality and gave her a skin where she's literally an empty suit of armor
    You complained too much about getting a Pharah skin without the armor so they're giving you an armor skin without the Pharah

I... did I ever say that? I don't remember saying that

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I don’t think this would be useful very often, but Zarya can double up on a rocket jump...
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SavoryGeniusPanKippa

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    sidenote, it's funny that they took the character noted as having absolutely no personality and gave her a skin where she's literally an empty suit of armor
    You complained too much about getting a Pharah skin without the armor so they're giving you an armor skin without the Pharah

I didn't mean you personally, just people generally.

Also for the record I think Pharah has more of a personality than Brigitte

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

I didn't mean you personally, just people generally.

Also for the record I think Pharah has more of a personality than Brigitte

Ah, alright. I wanted to make sure because "you complaining" does encompass like 90% of my posts here.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I don’t think this would be useful very often, but Zarya can double up on a rocket jump...
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SavoryGeniusPanKippa

I love that the elevators are always in just the wrong position to get on...

Except this time when he performs a crazy tech. If he had gone for the elevator he would have gotten up there at the same time.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    i mean if we're judging characterization based on voice lines the entire cast is just _____ puns

Except for Roadhog.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    frankly if we're just going by what blizzard puts in and not the fandom filling in the blanks, none of the characters are all that good

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    frankly if we're just going by what blizzard puts in and not the fandom filling in the blanks, none of the characters are all that good
    This is also untrue! See: every animated short they've done so far (cgi ones not the motion comic ones)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I continue to think that Blizzard needs to work with Dark Horse or somebody and just do an Overwatch monthly comic

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    This is also untrue! See: every animated short they've done so far (cgi ones not the motion comic ones)

Like the one where they engraved memes onto DVA?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

The memes are dumb but that doesn't negate the overall character work. D.Va's video wasn't the best, but overall they've been pretty solid character pieces. Mei, Bastion, Sombra, Hanzo/Genji, and especially Reinhardt all got pretty detailed story treatment that did a lot to give them more personality and substance. Obviously this is all subjective, but at least for me they've succeeded way more than they've failed in developing those characters.

• Options

That didn't happen! The internet made dva a dorito goblin who eats nothing but snacks and spends most of her time playing video games or being an asshole online

The short made dva someone hyper dedicated to her mission who does fancy stuff cause its part of the job but eats snacks most of the time cause time spent making food would be time spent not working

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

That didn't happen! The internet made dva a dorito goblin who eats nothing but snacks and spends most of her time playing video games or being an asshole online

The short made dva someone hyper dedicated to her mission who does fancy stuff cause its part of the job but eats snacks most of the time cause time spent making food would be time spent not working

D va also talks a lot of trash in Korean like jjajeungna (짜증나) annoying

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    who needs pop tarts when you can HAVE SOME LUCIO-OOOOOOHS

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Ashcroft wrote: »

The best part of that video is the guy at 3:00 minutes in.
    NAN401 wrote:
    the person who always complains... usually the problem on the team

It's a combination of the fact they're probably tilting, and something sorta like Dunning-Kruger effect. A mouthy player who's full of confidence that they know what to do is probably not being half as critical of their own play as they are everyone else's, and thus is more prone to making mistakes.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I don't eat cereal anymore because I stopped drinking milk :(

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I've been on a break before the new event, but I look forward to trickling in with all of you again tomorrow night for spooky times!

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    a New hero confirmed:
    cI3Stedl.jpg

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I want that skin for genji

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I don't eat cereal anymore because I stopped drinking milk :(

Almond milk!

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    pumpkin patch is open for business!

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Some good skins there. Kinda surprised Soldier got another skin. I think this is the first time somebody got 2 event skins in different years?

• Options
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Some good skins there. Kinda surprised Soldier got another skin. I think this is the first time somebody got 2 event skins in different years?
    That's the opposite of true, they mostly double up

• Options
    Slasher 76 is a nice costume

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

Yeah, apparently I forgot about Ana, and Reaper, and Pharah, and Sym and...

And I just looked it up, and apparently every event has doubled up at least 1 character, and Archives is the only event that hasn’t doubled up across multiple years (2 for Torb in Uprising, no doubles in Retribution).

Perrsun on
  • Options
    this is the first 76 halloween skin

because the other is turbogarbage

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    it’s a thriller skin and it actually owns, i’m sorry

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I want that skin for genji

And then there's Roadhog who has just sooo many epic event skins

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the thriller jacket is Good Actually

anyway please blizzard just keep giving halloween skins to the same 6 characters every year, it's hilarious

i wanna see mccree and sym get the first ever blue event skins in 2019

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Before I go to bed, I want it entered into the record how @SirToasty failed his supports tonight.

https://youtu.be/5pXisRZsEhg

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I had to report 3 people in one game for cheating and the threats they made when I called them out on it

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Before I go to bed, I want it entered into the record how @SirToasty failed his supports tonight.

https://youtu.be/5pXisRZsEhg

it's okay, about four minutes into that game i was struck with the idea of how about we shoot back at the widow that's been shooting us all game

https://youtu.be/3zG36uQSdgc

big brain plays, folks

anyway new torb.... is good

new symm ended up being kind of a mixed bag for me but i can definitely see myself playing a lot more torb

https://youtu.be/wSwk2TBCPi8

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Am I going crazy or does anyone else feel like the patch made physics kinda fucky? Specifically when you're getting booped or using a movement ability, feels like when you hit an object or surface you have a high chance to ricochet away violently.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Is nutorb live?

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Neo Dwarfbucks is indeed live.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Yep! I've only played Halloween Terror so far, but he's playable there. I assume everywhere else, too. Torb also absolutely owns in Halloween Terror. I had one game last night where 2/4 people quit on us, but me on Torb and a Brigitte were able to duo the entire thing.

Incidentally, I'm a big fan of any event that lets you earn your arcade boxes through co-op PVE matches.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i had an extremely disappointing death in that junkertown game where I was standing *near* the cart and a nano Rein charge teleported me roughly 8 feet to the left to smash me into the edge of the cart

why does rein's charge only work for opponents

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I always hated playing old Torb, so new Torb can only be an improvement.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    torb was my main

I'm... nervous about trying nutorb