As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who is the seventh Friend?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    joey is like a big dumb puppy and that means he sometimes makes some very bad decisions

and I'm obviously not a big fan of the serial womanizer archetype but joey is probably one of the least toxic versions of it, for whatever that's worth (probably not much)

when they're not playing that up he's one of my favorites

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    The Chick and the Duck
    Shorty wrote: »
    joey is like a big dumb puppy and that means he sometimes makes some very bad decisions

and I'm obviously not a big fan of the serial womanizer archetype but joey is probably one of the least toxic versions of it, for whatever that's worth (probably not much)

when they're not playing that up he's one of my favorites

to be fair, he doesn't seem to hide it

though I didn't know about the Brooke Shields episode so

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    being alive in 2018 is weird for a lot of reasons but right now I'm going crazy over how hard people flipped on How I Met Your Mother

This is in no way a 2018 thing. As someone who loved that show when it started, the trajectory is, a few people loved the show and no one else knew what it was for years. Then as it started to become more popular, it got worse. I was complaining with fellow fans about how far downhill it had gone by season 5 when it was starting to become an actual THING. And tons of people were yelling about how bad it had gotten by the final season, to say nothing of the finale.

I think Shorty’s point is that stuff like Barney that seemed funny at the time is now very gross because now as a culture we tend to appraise those actions and attitudes differently and see them for what they are

Like most people in the 80’s wouldn’t notice the rape in Revenge of the Nerds, but now it’s obvious/uncomfortable

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    LarLar
    I wonder how many guys who bought The Bro Code back in the day are girls now.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    the seventh friend is you, the viewer

come into our house, friend

laugh at Chandler's good sarcasm with us

dance with us in that fountain

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    The Chick and the Duck
    I have never watched Friends, I know not what this means

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Janice
    Peen wrote: »
    Ross is the worst sitcom regular character that has ever been and singlehandedly ruins the show.

giphy.gif

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Ross is the worst sitcom regular character that has ever been and singlehandedly ruins the show.

counterpoint:

Ross is better than literally everyone on Big Bang Theory or any character played by Tim Allen

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Gunter
    You are allowed to have your opinions. I have clearly stated mine.

Ross is the worst

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    LarLar
    Ross seemed to be the most real of all the characters, he makes mistakes and not everything seems to go perfect for him like everyone else on the show. Not that he's a great person or anything.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gunter
    Joey is the least selfish of the Friends.

He would do just about anything for them.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The Chick and the Duck

Except share a sandwich

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    LarLar
    I say Mr. Treeger is the seventh friend

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    ross is the worst of the bunch but all of the friends are bad

Joey isn't so bad as I recall

I have seen a single episode of friends

in that episode joey takes advantage of a mentally disabled woman's delusion that he is his character from tv so that he can try and fuck her

that isn’t what happened in the ep

it did however make the woman someone to be mocked, which is no good

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Except share a sandwich

joey.

doesn't.

share.

food.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gunter
    Food is where he draws the line.

But when he thought Rachel was alone and pregnant he fucking proposed.

That's some real friend shit right there.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I know I watched friends as a kid but I don’t know if I could tell you a single thing that happened in it

• Options
    LarLar
    rhylith wrote: »
    I know I watched friends as a kid but I don’t know if I could tell you a single thing that happened in it

They sit in a coffee shop and talk.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Mike
    Joey gave chandler a bite of a sandwich once.

• Options
    Gunter
    I have watched through Friends many times and can tell you just about everything that happens.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

in that episode joey takes advantage of a mentally disabled woman's delusion that he is his character from tv so that he can try and fuck her

yes it is but youre free to pretend it didnt if that helps you enjoy it better

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Gunter
    I never really got into friends. I like Friends adjacent and Friends similar shows like How I Met Your Mother and Seinfield but Friends just never did it for me

• Options

you're being a real season one ross right now zack

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited August 2018
    LarLar

you're being a real season one ross right now zack

The best Zack insults are the ones he lacks the context to really understand

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

i just fast forwarded through the ep for the relevant parts and i guess there are a couple of parts (him letter her suck on his fingers, him lingering on their goodbye kiss a bit long) but nothing explicit, so i was a bit mistaken but can i ask in the future that you please don’t make a reply to me like i’m a child

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Kathy
    Oo! Oo! Oo! Paget Brewster! She clearly would have been the best 7th friend if Chandler hadn't been a fuck-up!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

i just fast forwarded through the ep for the relevant parts and i guess there are a couple of parts (him letter her suck on his fingers, him lingering on their goodbye kiss a bit long) but nothing explicit, so i was a bit mistaken but can i ask in the future that you please don’t make a reply to me like i’m a child

then dont tell me im wrong about a thing I watched?

like if you tell me im lying about the plot of something when thats exactly what happens im gonna be upset

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    this is turning into that time fun bobby got sober

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    sounds like somebody needs to be picked up

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It's Pikachu!

• Options
    The Chick and the Duck
    Make up guys
    i want you two to be friends so I can say you're each others lobsters

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Friends has been airing reruns daily at 6pm since probably the 6th season here in New Zealand.
    Children are raised on this show, we live and die by this show. It is all we know about America.

And the seventh friend is obviously Denise.
    DENISE DENISE DENISE

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Mike

When Phoebe was pregnant with the triplets he gave up meat so she could eat it. Joey's a pal.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    God, are you lot still talking about Friends

Hate to break it to you suckers, but they’re never gonna be yours

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I, on the other hand, will be

• Options
    Make up guys
    i want you two to be friends so I can say you're each others lobsters

which one of them has to learn the lessons of the box

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Mike
    Narbus wrote: »

When Phoebe was pregnant with the triplets he gave up meat so she could eat it. Joey's a pal.

Joey is also the group's secret keeper, displaying he is the most trusted confidant within that friend circle.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Mike
    Mike may not be the funny answer, but it's the correct one.

Fuck Ross.

• Options
    The Chick and the Duck
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Narbus wrote: »

Joey is also the group's secret keeper, displaying he is the most trusted confidant within that friend circle.

but he hates keeping secrets

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Mike
    Taya wrote: »
    Mike may not be the funny answer, but it's the correct one.

Yeah!
    Taya wrote: »
    Fuck Ross.

No!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg