As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Void Agni is ass and I hate it. Undodgeable purple that has 75% stun rate into another attack while I'm stunned that stuns me again, because Water units mostly don't have stun resist, then hit me again for a death while I can still literally do nothing.

Got my four blackened heart drops finally. They were all I needed to take Xania from 85 to 100 and fully complete her Spiral. Now she's sitting at about 8.5K Might, but I don't know if that's enough to poke into mHMS

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    If you’re doing it in coop, I just tossed Trove of Knowledge on for some resistance, and the only time I got stunned was when someone chased me down and dropped a volcano on me. You should be able to dragon tank the chaser.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    8.5k with max HDT1 is fine, assuming the rest is good. You need to check to ensure you will survive the blast, and this will depend on team composition.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    8.5k with max HDT1 is fine, assuming the rest is good. You need to check to ensure you will survive the blast, and this will depend on team composition.

Xania 100% cannot survive the opening blast without defensive coop abilities even with maximum everything, I checked the numbers.

Also I don't have a HDT1 weapon, just MUB CT2

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Honestly I only have issues with Agni because I refuse to do water fights with anyone but my plant god and he can't resist that stun at all. I learned to just dragon that.

It has the weird distinction where I think expert is easier than normal because the triple burst is easier to avoid and if it wasn't for nidhog I'd think it was the easiest one of the 5.

Unfortunately it is the one I've had the most group issues with so maybe I'm unique in that sentiment.

I was able to get my first eHMS clear with a 6k xania but it's been impossible since then. I think I may have gotten more carried than I expected so people could get my sweet sweet mentee bonus. So I'm just gonna get my verica up for it because I'm basically there I just need to unbind my chocolatiers with this months water

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Madican wrote: »

Xania 100% cannot survive the opening blast without defensive coop abilities even with maximum everything, I checked the numbers.

Yep, that's why team composition matters.

I should point out that CT2 is not for master for all classes. It's there to help you break into expert without having to get up IO.

EDIT: That's my opinion, I should say. Melee classes may well be able to use CT2 because they have higher hp and damage. For example, give MH Berzerker CT2 and Glorious Tempest and he can survive easily, whereas my maxed out Nefaria can't survive mHJP 100% even with max Agito unless she takes Nidhogg as a dragon.

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i beat eKai, he was a bit intimidating at first, but honestly once you beat him the first time it's way easier.
    god bless Patia comps, i got two clears before i knew the fight very well.

currently have maxed shadow tree and have 1UB bow, now to grind him until i can max my bow and make a wand...
    probably a blade, too... i'm gonna be grinding him forever.

i'll see if i can beat eHJP with Nef, she seems strong enough. maybe i'll go up to 2UB first.

• Options
    How hard was expert? I cleared standard super easy but my patia is only about 6.5k. I just unbound her spiral but I need 2 knights testaments before I can take her to max.

I'm just working the tree now but I just hope I can get her strong enough to do expert faster than the 8 more weeks of weekly bonus it would take for me to make a second weapon.

• Options
    I'm not exactly certain how you're only that now. If the concern is that you can't get all the way to 100 in one shot, don't worry about that. Just take her as far as you can if you want to invest in her.

• Options

I should point out that CT2 is not for master for all classes. It's there to help you break into expert without having to get up IO.

EDIT: That's my opinion, I should say. Melee classes may well be able to use CT2 because they have higher hp and damage. For example, give MH Berzerker CT2 and Glorious Tempest and he can survive easily, whereas my maxed out Nefaria can't survive mHJP 100% even with max Agito unless she takes Nidhogg as a dragon.

Oh I ran the numbers with everything. Xania literally cannot survive the opening blast, even with best gear, prints, buildings, etc alone. At best she has a 20% chance of survival, which again is everything BiS, so I'm not too chuffed about it

• Options

Oh I ran the numbers with everything. Xania literally cannot survive the opening blast, even with best gear, prints, buildings, etc alone. At best she has a 20% chance of survival, which again is everything BiS, so I'm not too chuffed about it

Using the simulator, if everything is at *reasonable* max (31/31 wand, flame tree 10/15, fafnir around 10-15), she can do it with Flash of Genius and Glorious Tempest. But since you *definitely* want one of axe or lance, you will have extra padding to play with, swapping out FoG for something like Candy Couriers or Resounding Rendition.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Used enough stuff for a pity break hoping for new Dragon

Blade drops instead, well at least itll be the ne....oh fuuuuuckk you Zardin

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ariel justice-kicked me on the very first single, and I picked up another one a few singles later. That's abnormal enough that I think I can hold off chasing Tobias until hearing about the Gala.

tuxkamen on

• Options
    I'm thinking about it just because my only good wind dragons are 0ub vayu, 0ub hms, and mub roc

But I've been advised that gala is just a much better use of my resources.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    The game likes giving me wind dragons, but not always the ones I want. I've gotten 8 Garudas, 7 Long Longs, and 5 Pazuzus (I should probably run someone that can use poison so I can use him better). Conversely, I've had to use stones to MUB water and fire dragons to use for high level stuff.

• Options
    actually, with all the 70MC upgrades to "lol poison i dunno," wind poison is probably very viable now.
    pazuzu stealth buff?

• Options
    Hawk with Pazuzu would be pretty terrifying, I think.

• Options
    yeah... that's me an my 8 sirens

my element balance of dragons is pretty nonsense.

I decided to do a single 10pull using the event ticket because my wind dragon options are bad.

I got another epimetheus. I now have 6 different 0-1UB shadow dragons. Gatcha is gotcha

• Options
    The game continues to give me all the wind things. I got the new 4* sword Hope and dragon from the free 10 pull ticket, and the very next single pull ticket I used was Tobias. My resource hoarding can continue without any issues. Hopefully there will be a Gala soon.

The Omega difficulty fight seemed tougher than normal this time. It took me a bunch of tries and swapping around units to find a combination that worked (W. Eli, Noelle, Lowen, and Lin You). It turns out that Tobias is uniquely horrible for that fight since his second ability makes him temporarily immobile, and that is very bad for highly mobile bosses with attacks that require quick positioning. On the plus side, once you get the solo fight done, the raid version is way easier.

• Options
    Yeah this solo Omega is just crushing me. I don't have the gold toilet paper to upgrade some key Wind people either, particularly Hawk who is apparently Destroyer of Gods now

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I managed to do it without getting into anyone's mana spirals, but it was tricky. You pretty much have to iFrame the big jump and roomwide smash attack or he'll likely kill anyone without an HP dragon. I would like to do Lin You's mana spiral since I like axe units and used her for quite a while, but Champion Testaments are too rare to be using them on units that turn out to be "not meta" (it's a pain trying to get into PUG fights with "non-meta" units), so I'm waiting for the water Agito fight to see which wind unit works best there. I use W. Eli for High Mercury, and she's always in demand for that fight.

Cururu on
  • Options
    the good news is I made my first HDT weapon for Victor right before they redid hawk and the rest. Hopefully I'm still building a character i'll be able to get into content with

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Made it out like a bandit on this Dragon showcase. Normally wouldn't pull on these with the gala right around the corner, but I needed 2 more Konohana and didn't have any Vayu, so there was huge value here.
    But I set a budget of 14 tickets (10 for the rate up and 4 to even out my tickets) and two multis. Ended up doing 14 tickets and three multis, but got both Konohana's I needed.
    Also a bonus Siren and Delphi. So now my Shadow team is super happy and Xania finally has a fully unlocked meta dragon to use.

• Options
    I didn't pull on the dragons, but I did do one last ten pull on the previous banner and got a stealth triple rainbow of Tobias, Nidhogg #too many, and Pazuzu #5. Should be a pretty good side dragon for Hawk or Louise (if Paz is the wind equivalent of Corsaint)...

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I've been trying to hold out for gala but i really need to pull just for the eldwater. i'm in a desperate space for more like constantly. must stay strong just one week

it's like split 50/50 between I promoted too many chars when i was starting and i'm in that early mid game where i haven't gotten MG high enough to really offset what i need to progress so i'm at the mercy of summons and events (i was literally farming the blazon box in the last event just to get wyrmprints i could sell)

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    stay strong, initiate! gala has better rates on eldwater, too!

• Options
    I have over a hundred pulls readied for Gala. My odds are low, but if I can swing Gleo then I'll be set

• Options
    I think I'm past the free/easy new player wyrmite sources now. I definitely could have saved better for gala but sometimes you just gotta pull! Even so I still have 40 single Tix and wyrmite for twelve 10-pulls.

I don't know if it's reasonable to save up what I've had for the next time through but I guess I'll deal with the next next gala when it comes

• Options
    I'd wait until at least tomorrow before spending a lot of resources. There's supposed to be a new update video tonight which should give us an idea of what to expect for the next month or so.

• Options
    Hold your fire! Gala should be coming either tomorrow or the night after, I think?

• Options
    i have almost 400 pulls saved for gala, because the string of limited banners were very kind to me, and i didn't spend much on the two non-limited banners after.

hopefully it'll be enough to snag the new gala character, if i want them.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqp2-9kgnnM&feature=youtu.be
    - Gift for everyone: 100k eldwater, 50 honey, 10mil rupies (!)
    - Gala Alex! Shadow Sword, looks pretty awesome.
    - 1.5 Anniversary login: Tenfold voucher, Mini Zodi (dragon, level 100 MUB already), 40 honey, 5* wyrmprint Red Impulse, 5* summon adventurer, 40 ashes, 5* summmon dragon, damascus ingot, 100k eldwater, 1200 wyrmite.
    - Daily free tenfolds 3/26-4/1
    - Platinum showcases coming. First has Hot Luca, Gleo, SRanzal, GSarisse. Second is GElly, GEuden, Mym.
    - Purchase packs including a dragon pack with 1500 diamantium, a dragon pack with 2400 diamantium and a sunlight stone, and one iwth 50 of each of the new elemental orbs plus 4 toilet papers.
    - 5k wyrmite in new limited endeavors. Includes Volk's Wrath standard and HMSS
    - Social counter reset! 2500 wyrmite available.

Changes coming soon:
    - A bunch of triple drops coming for the elemental ruins, IO, and dragon trials.
    - Next raid Scars of the Syndicate. New units named Bellina and Andromeda. Not sure the element, the video mentions they don't shapeshift into dragons but turn into stronger forms of themselves. Could be neat.
    - Chain co-abilities for all adventurers in addition to their already existing co-abilities. These stack. **
    - Co-abilities changing to only take into account your own team. You don't have to worry about three main characters having the same co-ability, just your own team.**
    - Event compendium! Flames of Reflection, Miracle of Dragonyule, and A Wish to the Winds first.
    - Fafnir Medals - new trade item. High dragon trails and champions testaments available.
    ** active now!

Future:
    - Be able to use two skills from other adventurers on your team. Basically, drop your S3 and Helper skill, get access to other adventuers skills. That sounds sexy as fuck.
    - New event. Not a ton of info, but a sort of defensive battle system.
    - Encyclopedia coming soon, info on all adventurers, dragons, weapons, and wyrmprints you've collected.
    - Next two Agito bosses briefly shown. A woman with a weird looking bow, and a pair of kids with a fan and axe.
    - Challenge quests in coop without needing to wait for all players to hit 0hp
    - Changing the amount of horsepower required for certain screens. The mana circle screen was called out specifically.
    - Changing the crafting system in some nebulous way. Thank god.
    - Brief look at Chapter 13, coming in April, and Chapter 14, coming in June. Very brief.
    - Fire Emblem coming back 19April, mana spirals for all the units unlocking then. New FEH collab coming shortly after, no info on new characters. No Petra, no wallet.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Goddamn that's a lot of stuff! And those two Platinum Gala banners are just beautiful, please let me avoid Luca and get Cleo, he's the only Gala unit I even have! Gala Euden would be nice on the other banner too but none of the three are bad.

More ways to get those gold certs! Thank fuck, I'm gonna need 'em. Hoping for a good Gala banner because I've got pulls aplenty saved up for it.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Is Gala Sarisse worth going for? I have the other three already; wondering if its worth taking the shot for her but never really see her mentioned.

• Options
    She is very good still, but I'm not sure you're missing much by not having her. At the same time, if you really like Sarisse I can't say she's a bad character to have.

I'll probably pull the wheel for Mym even though she's not very good. Because I like her.

Also Alex looks fantastic.

• Options
    Some of these new chain co-abilities are bonkers. Some are expected like Mym and Xain getting Dragon Claws VI. Marth, Xander, and Lin You have a 10 hits 13% strength buff. Ieyasu has 20% dragon haste.

Nobunaga, Mitsuhide, and GElly extends the delay between attacks to keep a chain going by 2.5 seconds.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    If you install the update now you can start using the chain co ops but it restricts you to playing with people who've also updated (will force update everyone else when gala starts)

Also I feel like this change kind of wrecks me in some ways since backline adventurers for me as a new player are just through Mana circle 4 for the most part. Team co-ops are generally good to me I feel?

Then there's some other consideration to like my Victor can't survive the eHMC opener without either of the defensive coabilities on the team, but now I can makeshift by putting a Lance and axe on my backend and even though nonmax is only 7% them both combined gives me that 14% extra survivability to run printless?

I don't know. This system is wild but I only have a handful of 5* and theirs aren't any of the crazy ones you mentioned. The 4* bow rabbit girl ellone (name?) that's rate up on the Tobias banner right now has poison edge though. is the only cool one I've noticed in my collection

Edit: I could also be way wrong. I did a void chimera expert coop (not the hardest I know) this morning and we melted the chimera with a group that I wouldn't have expected to from the lobby screen. It's possible that the cochains are just such a big buff to player power level that I won't notice a somewhat lowered personal viability numbers

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    This change is pretty awesome:

Horn, tail, and greatsphere drops from clears and chests are standardized rather than random
    You can now get horns from expert weekly chests, meaning over a long enough time it is possible to get HDT2s without clearing Master HDTs

• Options
    I will have to pull heavily for Alex. She is tailor made for my shadow team. I'd slot her in with Delphi, Cassandra, and Heinwald (all already at max mana spiral), and all of those three have new chain co-abilities that either help with poison or give a benefit when you poison something.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Hm, between Ezelith and Xania, which is more worth building out their mana spiral? Also is it worth it to get Chimeratech staves or is that overkill?

This discussion has been closed.