As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Bonus dungeon complete, which is nice since I gave up on the last one. OTKO for all fights, although I missed the Kill with LB and Kill with Esper missions the first time due to really bad luck with LB crystal generation and mistiming the Esper, but I got them both on a second run through. T. Terra continues to be ridiculous, and suicide Ace is quite handy for these Esper missions.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I've had a lot of fun with Malphasie shenanigans. Her first turn Feast for Crows LB generation + 74%DEF/SPR break is pretty bonkers. Add to that having multiple Entrust users on a party and you can have some silly LB strats. All I need is a second Zarg (and a bunch of Burst pots) and I'll be sitting pretty.

• Options
    Oh my! Randi's upgraded LB at 7* only takes 18 LB crysts. So, with Malphasie's LB generation and an entrust from any source will give him his 300% ATK boost LB turn 1. Makes me feel better with never having pulled a Nyx.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I'm still holding strong on not using my UoC for TT 7*. I know several people on her have GL Sakura and will have her at 7* this week. So I may wait and see how strong she turns out and if she can satisfy my top-tier mage needs for a while. I will enhance her though because she is very MP hungry. I'm debating trying to ticket pull a 3rd so I don't have to prism my 2nd GL Sakura who is already max leveled, stat (MP & MAG) and LB (lvl 20) potted. I guess it's not that huge of a loss versus potentially getting D. Rain #1 or D. Lasswell #1, which would be kind of a waste for me since I won't chase their 7*. I need more news on their banner/step-up!

edit: Wouldn't it be kind of great if we got a separate 11k step-up for each of the older Halloween units? Then we could chase who we really wanted individually.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    The one thing I'm concerned with would be that GLS doesn't currently have chaining partners. Enhancements don't reference hit count changes, so the frames remain the same.

However, that being said, they are releasing two new units apparantly chain with Nyx (and enhanced Yun), so I can definitely see them adding GL units eventually that could chain with GLS, whether it's Eldrictch Flames or Soul Barrage, or preferably both. Might take a while, but GLS might see chaining partners in the future.
    Cruor wrote: »
    Keep in mind for GLSakura enhancements, they may change her attack frames. When they've changed frames in the past it was only found after the datamine.

That's a good point. I'll wait and see, but I'm not too worried. I like GLS a lot so whether she can chain with others right away or later down the road, I'll still be happy to use her.

Yeah they could also give her something at 7* like Zarg got an Octoslash move.

The weird thing is that Alim/Gumi has done a pretty good job spreading out the physical chainer families. We have a dozen units each with DR, PileDriver, QH, Onion Slice, Octoslash, Aureole Ray, and Chainsaw. But for Magic users, it seems like it's Tornado or bust. Flood has a few extra but that's really it. I really wanted Barb to get a chaos wave chaining move, maybe GL Sakura will get one (soul barrage has 10 hits, could be updated). If they don't want to use awakened chaos wave, GUMI should just invent a new family.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, its weird they only have Tornado, Flood, and Quake. I figure by now we'd also have a Maelstrom (lightning), Ice Storm, Inferno (fire) plus a light and dark move. I'd like to do more than just Tornado.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Oh, and I got thru the giant armor trial so now I just have the three most recent I think, starting with the bomb family. I have a ton more unit options now then when it first came out so we'll see how it goes in the revisit.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Yeah, its weird they only have Tornado, Flood, and Quake. I figure by now we'd also have a Maelstrom (lightning), Ice Storm, Inferno (fire) plus a light and dark move. I'd like to do more than just Tornado.

Mediena has Freeze, but I don't think there are any chaining partners.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Oh, and I got thru the giant armor trial so now I just have the three most recent I think, starting with the bomb family. I have a ton more unit options now then when it first came out so we'll see how it goes in the revisit.
    I can put up an OK if you need one

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Mediena has Freeze, but I don't think there are any chaining partners.
    7* Christine would make perfect sense here.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Seaside Nichol has it

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    An example of the kind of trash IW throws at me, this is the result on Floor 9. What a great run!
    b8i023xxomdc.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I've changed the way that I look at IW recently. The options are set in such a way that they cannot be dupes of what is already on the weapon. So, if I see a high % of a stat that I'm not looking for, I will add it to my weapon so it is removed from the pool at the higher floors. For example, I was running Bowie Knife through trying to get HP/MP/SPR, but 10% DEF popped up on the 3rd floor. When I get to the higher floors, I have a higher chance of getting one of the 3 stats I want at 10% since it can't be 10% DEF. I also use this tactic on the early floors with the Auto-boost slots so they don't show up on the mid-level floors where you are more likely to see 5%-10% stats.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    F2P. . . I'm at 9K lapis atm
    I somehow got a Rainbow Malphasie by spending 25k last week and has been my carry ever since

Barbariccia would be absurdly powerful comboing with Malphasie, but I don't think I'll see +6k in 3 days even with potions

Is it worth spending 3k to get the 30% 5star coupon? I don't need Citra, but on her Step5 the odds of getting a different rainbow unlock are high (I could spend 11k)

I could then turn around and spend all my tickets trying to get Barbariccia this way

Reason I'm asking. . .
    Is it better to just wait for the Halloween characters or too early to tell?

MaximumSquid on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I somehow got a Rainbow Malphasie by spending 25k last week and has been my carry ever since

Barbariccia would be absurdly powerful comboing with Malphasie, but I don't think I'll see +6k in 3 days even with potions

Is it worth spending 3k to get the 30% 5star coupon? I don't need Citra, but on her Step5 the odds of getting a different rainbow unlock are high (I could spend 11k)

I could then turn around and spend all my tickets trying to get Barbariccia this way

Reason I'm asking. . .

Halloween I think we need to wait and see. Grim Lord Sakura really needs a chaining partner, so we have to wait to see if her enhancements change her frames.

The two new units are basically complete unknowns, other than they're fire/dark related and go with Lunera/Nyx.

Dracu-Lasswell might go really well with Fryevia if they manage to fix him to not be completely awful, but we don't know anything about his 7* besides "TDH ice DR frames".

• Options

Reason I'm asking. . .

What are your other units that you use? Tanks/Support/Healers/Breakers and such?

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Reason I'm asking. . .

What are your other units that you use? Tanks/Support/Healers/Breakers and such?

Yeah, it'll be easier to know if you're looking to pull for want or need. If you need any specific role, I'd say expend your resources there. If you have the essential roles covered and just want a particular unit, then by all means, chase away.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Honestly, my week is being stressful enough that I am just not bothering with the item world at all. It's boring busywork and I never seem to get anything that fits the weapon I'm bringing in.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I might have to watch the update video again, but if I remember correctly Dah Sol said that Lucius can also chain with Octaslash, not to mention his self imbue for fire and/or dark.

Who do we know who has Octaslash frames (when enhanced) and a fire imperil? Reberta, that's who! Just need better fire weapon options for her.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I might have to watch the update video again, but if I remember correctly Dah Sol said that Lucius can also chain with Octaslash, not to mention his self imbue for fire and/or dark.

Who do we know who has Octaslash frames (when enhanced) and a fire imperil? Reberta, that's who! Just need better fire weapon options for her.

All I remember is Kingsglaive and Areole Ray chaining, along with his chaining counter. I don't remember him saying anything about Octaslash, but we'll know all of the details from the datamine soon enough. Ok, I remembered wrong, he does have Octaslash frames along with the others. Neat.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Honestly, my week is being stressful enough that I am just not bothering with the item world at all. It's boring busywork and I never seem to get anything that fits the weapon I'm bringing in.
    It's a little late now, but you probably should have run IW enough to get the trust moogles - even if the stat bonuses were not that great, you still get points for running it which give a pretty good set of rewards (awakening mats, Gil, trust moogles, etc).

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular

All I remember is Kingsglaive and Areole Ray chaining, along with his chaining counter. I don't remember him saying anything about Octaslash, but we'll know all of the details from the datamine soon enough. Ok, I remembered wrong, he does have Octaslash frames along with the others. Neat.

Hopefully this is a thing they keep doing. Having new characters have different chaining moves so they can be used with different partners. Makes them extremely versatile as friend units. Allows less popular units to be used since they actually have partners

• Options

Hopefully this is a thing they keep doing. Having new characters have different chaining moves so they can be used with different partners. Makes them extremely versatile as friend units. Allows less popular units to be used since they actually have partners

Oh absolutely. One of the many reasons I love Malphasie is her crazy versatility with breaks/LB generation/member of all of the chaining families.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I've changed the way that I look at IW recently. The options are set in such a way that they cannot be dupes of what is already on the weapon. So, if I see a high % of a stat that I'm not looking for, I will add it to my weapon so it is removed from the pool at the higher floors. For example, I was running Bowie Knife through trying to get HP/MP/SPR, but 10% DEF popped up on the 3rd floor. When I get to the higher floors, I have a higher chance of getting one of the 3 stats I want at 10% since it can't be 10% DEF. I also use this tactic on the early floors with the Auto-boost slots so they don't show up on the mid-level floors where you are more likely to see 5%-10% stats.
    I’ve been trying a similar strategy this time around, but I haven’t gotten much better results. Sample size is small, obviously. Though the time I ended up with mag+10% going into level 10 on Sledgehammer was kinda funny (last round was mag 5%, mag 7%, auto-refresh 1). I kept the previous run.

• Options
    I'm convinced there is a bug with this IW. I've never had such consistently terrible results later in rounds. Sure before I'll get the round 9 with all 5% or below options, but I'd also get plenty of 10-15% (even if they weren't the stats I wanted).

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I look at IW as expedition fodder too.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Of course I get High Tide on Zwill Crossblade on turn 1 lol.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I somehow dont have sledgehammer. Possibly stupidly sold it. But I did do frying pan and got my only rare enhancement. Ended up with the 15% HP/Def Life and arms, 10% HP and 12%SP. Only good roll I've gotten all week though. Missed a lot of time playing due to Jury Duty yesterday, but IW has been so bad I dont even care. Happy to see it go this time.

I still need to do FFXV bonus levels and all of the LV story. Games harder to play when you've no real investment in the story worlds going on. VP and Halloween are happy news though. VP will be awful tempting, gonna have to think long and hard about that over SoM. Anyone from Valkyrie decent?

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Papagander wrote: »
    I somehow dont have sledgehammer. Possibly stupidly sold it. But I did do frying pan and got my only rare enhancement. Ended up with the 15% HP/Def Life and arms, 10% HP and 12%SP. Only good roll I've gotten all week though. Missed a lot of time playing due to Jury Duty yesterday, but IW has been so bad I dont even care. Happy to see it go this time.

I still need to do FFXV bonus levels and all of the LV story. Games harder to play when you've no real investment in the story worlds going on. VP and Halloween are happy news though. VP will be awful tempting, gonna have to think long and hard about that over SoM. Anyone from Valkyrie decent?

Sledgehammer was a TMR from Uberkilling Machine during the second DQ event. Fryingpan is only 5% less HP, so no big loss there really.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Sledgehammer was a TMR from the 2nd DQ collab. If you didn't end up pulling a Uberkilling Machine, you wouldn't have it. Frying pan is a good backup, I ran it through, though I got much crappy stats than you haha.

Edit: What he said ^

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Fryingpan is also funnier, so you get style points for using it.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Frying Pan for FFIV nostaglia is not to be underappreciated, but Peter Gabriel is OP.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    where are you seeing randi's 7* info

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    azith28 wrote: »
    where are you seeing randi's 7* info

If you can deal with the moon symbols, you can see his 7* info off the reddit wiki https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/330

Lorek on
  • Options
    Can some people temporarily set their friend unit up with Lakshmi for like 10 minutes? I want to kick off my summoner farm but can't find any. Thanks!

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Sure, just set my Ignis with her on.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Mine's set with lakshmi if you still need it.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Searching now...

Edit: got one. Thanks @LuvTheMonkey

Tiphares on
  • Options
    MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

I use Crowe for the +100% buff and Ashe to weaken enemies Def/Spr 40%
    I plan to swap Crowe for Ryumynui if I can ever get more earth cores to awaken her

I also have Kaede who carried me until I got Malphasie

Some other guys I have:
    Sephiroth, Veritas of Light / Water / Fire, Rosa, Mystea, Libertus, Camille, Charlotte, Kupipi, Aria, & Nameless Gunner Jake

-MaxSquid

This discussion has been closed.