As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    You guys have all my luck. 24 cubes used--best I got was a Sussex (never had her before) and another Prinz Eugen (which I already had fully limit break'd). :bigfrown:

Hopefully my luck turns around. I have 18 cubes left, but I haven't earned any today.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    30 pulls and I had everyone but U-boats, another 30 and I have dupes of everyone and just missing U-556.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    You guys have all my luck. 24 cubes used--best I got was a Sussex (never had her before) and another Prinz Eugen (which I already had fully limit break'd). :bigfrown:

Hopefully my luck turns around. I have 18 cubes left, but I haven't earned any today.

if you are low on cubes i would just go steady and only do 3 daily builds

between the daily cubes and commissions you should be able to slowly build a stockpile in case you haven't built her by the end of the event

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I’ve got a 750 cube stockpile and I never do more than the 3 daily builds

If I’m missing any event ships by the last 2 days of the event then I go ham on builds

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    U-556 get! First draw of my first 10-pull. No other event ships unfortunately, and I'm going to keep it down to daily 3-pulls until the end.

Also I was just a bit weirded out by facing Royal ships during the event story.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    U-556 get! First draw of my first 10-pull. No other event ships unfortunately, and I'm going to keep it down to daily 3-pulls until the end.

Also I was just a bit weirded out by facing Royal ships during the event story.

Fighting against Royal ships means you can trash Ark Royal with Mutsuki class and smol boats.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Built 30 ships. I don't even need King George now. But I need like 2 purples still.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    So I just discovered via the Subreddit that there are two more quests "hidden" on the Scherzo banner.

One gives you a dorm decor once you buy the whole Bismarckhaus dorm set. That's quite a lot of Decor Tokens.

The other grants a UI skin when you get all six event ships (Biz, KGV, U-556, U-73, Z36 and Echo) to max LB before the event ends. This one is kinda crazy since it relies on you going ham on builds very early and putting them through constant 10-hour commissions and dorm duty.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I got the dorm one already. You get a ! on the event banner when you complete them. If you are going for the max LB everyone challenge save the 10 hour commissions for when you are going to bed or busy with work you will earn more exp grinding in battles.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm at 1,300ish dorm coins after buying the Kizuna Ai set. The Bismarckhaus set costs 3,090 without duplicates.

Not that I can't get it before the event ends, but damn that's a lotta stuff.

Also, second 10-pull got me two U-73... and a Hood. Irony much?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Oh, this is neat. Apparently Scharnhorst drops from B1 and Gneisenau from B2. I can only hope they're on the D sorties too.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    They are in hard mode as well. Looks like both can drop in B3/D3 .

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Welp got Izumo from all the event map grinding. Guess I'll start on one off the royals next.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just finished the first EXP gate on Saint Louis yesterday. 2m-ish to go!

Also started playing around with an Android emulator and after a couple crashes finally got AL set up with controller support.

And then I did my daily three-draw about five minutes ago and yeeeaaaaah boyes guess who doesn't have to worry about his Wisdom Cubes anymore

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Finished 1 mill XP on Monarch based off running HMS fleet comps in the event

still not really pushing hard for Monarch, but just fielding HMS whenever i get the opportunity (which isn't hard)

the Bismarck fight on D3 is dangerous if you go in unprepared though - she has an extremely nasty spiral barrage that will do a ton of damage if it connects and a black hole shot that will trap your vanguard in place for several seconds if you get caught by it. I would manual that fight just to be safe and kind of just oscillate up and down close to her since the black hole shot always seems to be fired towards the back half of the screen and constantly moving up and down will ensure you dodge most of the spiral barrage.

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    After almost a year of playing I finally got Kaga CV

god bless submarine maps

I'd gotten like 5-6 Akagis from doing 3-4 but no dice on Kaga until now

Orphane on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    After almost a year of playing I finally got Kaga CV

god bless submarine maps

I'd gotten like 5-6 Akagis from doing 3-4 but no dice on Kaga until now

Meanwhile I've gotten 2 Kaga's but no Akagi. RNG gonna RNG.

• Options
    I think at 5 or 6 Akagi drops with no Kaga I would of broken a phone or 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    I think at 5 or 6 Akagi drops with no Kaga I would of broken a phone or 2.

Well. I got Enterprise early on so I was never super invested in farming fox mines, but I did do 3-4 a hefty chunk initially and whenever I had low tier dailies to do

It was more of a nagging completion thing

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Finally got my first clear of B3.

These last few new events have really knocked it out of the park. Crimson Echoes was cool (though I'm not head-over-heels for Amagi like some folks) and the Kizuna Ai collab was an absolute treat.

Oh, revised daily missions just went up. That'll be nice, not having to redeem one daily just to start counting progress on the next. Looks like they took out the "Sink X fleets" (small/medium/large, recon/main/aviation) missions though so that'll slow the Retrofit Blueprint gains a bit.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    New clear hard mode missions give retro BPs. Spend oil and enhance gear/ships give equipment plates.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I met the artist of the Kizuna Ai collab title screen at a con today. Too bad she's not allowed to sell that art.

• Options
    CN's June login reward is Southampton.

They're also releasing another batch of smol botes for the CN 2nd Anniversary event. L'il Helena and Clevelad will be permanent additions to Light Construction. Smol Sandy is part of an event, joining as a guest and being unlocked by earning points during the event.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    So I decided to go for getting all of the event ships fully limit broken. I don't think the levels will be a problem. Between the 18000 xp commission and dorm, I should be able to comfortably hit 70 on all of them in the 2 weeks we have left. Bismarck is almost 50 and the others are all 30+ except for King George who is 19, but that should go up pretty quickly. Based on the ships needed to do it, I currently only need 2 more purple Bulins and I would have enough to get everyone done, and that's assuming I don't get any more of the elites from daily builds. I think the hardest thing is going to be doing these event stages with my current 3 free dock space.

When I first saw the achievement, I instantly dismissed it because it seemed crazy, but after getting the last event ship in a build on Monday, I decided to go for it. Having an Iron Blood UI skin would be pretty cool, and it seems doable at this point.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    To my relief, I RNG'd Bismarck a couple days ago. Whew! Building 3 ships a day (while gradually amassing cubes) was the right choice.

In the meantime, I'd like to get some of the new U-boats, though frankly given how the submarine mechanics work, I suspect might as well off, or better off, trying to take advantage of the "Wishing Well" feature to finally get Atago. I've had Takao for about a year now (as well as duplicates two or three times in RNG), but I've been missing her sister ship.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I'm on track for MLBing all the event ships as well. It's the dorm coin situation that's looking a little less likely since I tend to only do the later hours' commissions.

Oh, patchnotes are up and hahaha they're actually calling her Clevelad

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    i need 10,250 event points to finish buying the general BPs and the gold + oil from the shop, then after that would just be equip plates and whatever random stuff i feel like picking up. Thankfully the points are more generous than last event and we don't have to split farm between two events, so if i do bare minimum it's what, 700 from daily missions and 800 from SP clear so 1500 points a day? There's 2 more weeks in the event, so i should be able to get everything i want and more just doing dailies.

i guess i can switch over to farming xp for Monarch, which i've gotten to this just doing all the event stuff + daily challenges with HMS BBs

a81328d2y2cs.png

or actually clearing World 11, lul

Orphane on
  • Options
    Meanwhile I'm like 65% through the 1 mil xp task for my first ship, Monarch, with the 2 mil still to go.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Yeah finally got Monarch, but now I'm on the blueprint grind. Though later ships will probably have less of a blueprint grind since you'll keep getting them randomly while trying to farm up for earlier ships.

Dracil on
  • Options
    I'm still on Part 2 of Saint Louis. Had to slow down for a few days as I was burning through oil pretty quick because I was calling my submarines in during auto.

OP is updated with current stuff.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I’m only like at 13% of the way through Part 1 with Roon.

This is going to take a while.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    luckily, Bismarck now exists for people trying to farm Roon

as long as you don't have her main gun enhanced much and level her support skill first over her offensive skills she should put your KMS frontline in a good spot to seize MVP every battle

• Options
    I've just been doing it with a dedicated Kriegsmarine fleet. What, you guys don't have one?

Honestly, Tirpitz is probably my strongest battleship and Prinz Eugen tied with Takao for my strongest cruisers.

So, Lil' Sandy was quite a surprise.

• Options
    Sandy's gonna be a pain if you want to bring her along for the double friendo points because you can't level her via commissions, dorm or lecture hall.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    This popped up in my feed and I've almost finished it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8_vO5zrjo

It's a run down of the Battle of Midway, from the Japanese commander's perspective. It's very well done, and kinda cool to see how things play out from a shikikan's point of view. Also cool to see the foxgirls in action.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Napkin math says doing all 6 Bismarck normal maps + SP everyday should be just enough to get Sandy without having to bring her along.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Napkin math says doing all 6 Bismarck normal maps + SP everyday should be just enough to get Sandy without having to bring her along.

I think I'll just risk having one particularly weak ship in a lot of otherwise overpowered ships. I'm really bad at the napkin math.

• Options
    I think I'll just risk having one particularly weak ship in a lot of otherwise overpowered ships. I'm really bad at the napkin math.

Don't forget, Sandy has to survive the battle in order to get you the bonus. May not work out at the lowest levels if you're lazy like me and just tank everything in B3.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »

Don't forget, Sandy has to survive the battle in order to get you the bonus. May not work out at the lowest levels if you're lazy like me and just tank everything in B3.

Yeah, I noticed you're right--fortunately, it seems to be the case that she needs to survive the overall "Stage", not every single battle in it? Going through Bismarck and George's Bizarre Adventure with lvl 80/90 fleets, Lil Sandy seems able to stay alive, if uninjured, per chapter.

• Options
    She has to be in and survive the boss battle.

steam_sig.png