As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] 2 More Legolas's Pineapples

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Did jumping off the balcony sort it? Sometimes you have to do it twice.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The thing about the internet is that it's nonsense

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Did jumping off the balcony sort it? Sometimes you have to do it twice.

No because as life played back before my eyes it was in English and not Chinese.

I can't explain it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    When will we finally get a Christian or Jewish Doctor in Dr. Who?

Unless they have already been explicitly religious like that. I don't watch Dr. Who.

• Options
    Well, the Doctor keeps rising again when he dies, so

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I rise every day. Sometimes multiple times per day!

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I rise every day. Sometimes multiple times per day!

damn vampire

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    That'll be the first death then

Did you meet katana man?

Yeah. I nearly got him. Time to spend all these souls and eat his heart

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I don't think there's a more perfect encapsulation of how I feel having to wakeup again at 5 am to go to work after a week's vacation than this Jigglypuff.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

Well you know that

(wait for it wait for it wait for it)

Rome wasn't built in a day

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Ok I fell back to sleep and it was just as bad and woke myself up shouting!! What's the deal, brain??

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Someone on Twitter says they've never heard of Stan Lee, which would be difficult but not impossible (he's an academic focused mostly on ancient history), and it threw up the question of who is the most famous person you've never heard of.

Impossible to answer, of course, but for most people it might well be Sachin Tendulkar.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I’m not clear on whether or not I should go outside today.

It’s much brighter now then the past like three weeks so I’ll probably have to take at least a little stroll.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    There was a programme on the radio a few weeks ago about cricket. They even had interviews with some players. And one of them, Bogart this is for you, plain and simply said "yes, it's all made up".
    You could hear the twinkle in his eye.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Someone on Twitter says they've never heard of Stan Lee, which would be difficult but not impossible (he's an academic focused mostly on ancient history), and it threw up the question of who is the most famous person you've never heard of.

Impossible to answer, of course, but for most people it might well be Sachin Tendulkar.

not even sure if you just made up a name or not

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    "Players shall break for tea at every opportune moment."

Well no wonder games take days to finish.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

A billion Indians revere him like Americans revere, I dunno, whoever is the best at baseball.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

without going in to the whole thing again because i'm sure i've nebbishly whimpered out this story too many times on the forums: i once randomly grabbed a book at the library and read about the battleship tirpitz for a while. i was interested in military history but knew no naval stuff, really. i'd heard of bismarck and was gobsmacked to learn whoa this was a sister ship that was super important! and what blew me away was thinking about how working on the tirpitz might have been the crowning achievement for thousands of people. maybe the most important thing they ever did was smelt the metal for or fabricate the hull or crew this ship- it could have been the epochal moment of their life, the thing they proudly recounted to their grandkids. and i had no idea it existed.

which got me thinking there are probably almost uncountably many things like that: the most important element of someone's life and me just, never knowing the person or the thing existed

like smaller religions i've never heard of that are the central spines of hundreds/thousands of lives

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Abolish copyright, but strengthen the concept of canon

simonwolf Eddy

half of that is solid, the other half is awful

a b o l i s h

Feel free to write your fictions, if it is good enough the original owner may deem it cannon. Create an orthodoxy for all fictions, then we can watch schisms form in the wake of authorial death.

cannons are artillery and canon is authorship primacy;

both destroy ships

Lol maybe your weakass ships

Mine are canon proof
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Matthew McConaughey voice "altright altright altright"
    Couscous wrote: »
    A lot of what gets called alt-right these days is just the right. It is sort of like how neoconservative stopped being a useful term long before it mostly died out as a popular term.

Ehh if anything neocon is a pretty useful distinction to understand these days, considering how the current faction of populist ethnic nationalists define themselves in oppositipn to a ton of neocon thought.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure why Dee getting injured is still so funny every time

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    like smaller religions i've never heard of that are the central spines of hundreds/thousands of lives

Or, indeed, someone from here trying to explain the forums to someone else.

• Options
    Kana, what does 'no politics in [chat]' mean to you?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018

(this tweet is a comedy skit but prob don't click through to the twitter account at work, folks)

simonwolf on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Dr1au65X0AYA9Ep.png

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Reading a short article about depictions of the West/Westerners in 1800s Japanese art and this little anecdote amused
    When Prince Fushimi Sadanaru made a state visit to England forty years after Utagawa made his prints [around 1906], he hoped to catch a performance of The Mikado, Gilbert and Sullivan's hit comic opera set very much in the Japan of the English mind (and one that faces accusations of cultural imperialism to this day). Alas, the British government had preemptively canceled all performances during the Prince's stay for fear of offending him. This prompted a Japanese journalist in London to later see the show himself. He went on to write of his disappointment: he'd gone in expecting "real insults" to his homeland, only to find "bright music and much fun."

QuCK1lIh.jpg
    Utagawa Yoshitora, Igirisukoku Rondon no zu (leftmost part of triptych)

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Didn't think I was, except in mentioning that there's a group that exists. The conversation about the alt right lasted over 3 hours of slow posting and you didn't care, sooo how the heck am i supposed to tell when it suddenly becomes verboten.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Didn't think I was, except in mentioning that there's a group that exists. The conversation about the alt right lasted over 3 hours of slow posting and you didn't care, sooo how the heck am i supposed to tell when it suddenly becomes verboten.

When there's a bold message saying that it needs to stop? Seems fairly clear.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Kana wrote: »

I literally said knock it off! In bold!

I'm not going to infract anyone for discussing the meaning of a word but the post right before me saying knock it off was someone saying all conservatives these days are Trumpers, which is like ten seconds away from people talking about politics in [chat] and Trump and so I gently, lovingly nudge people to stop.

Bogart on
  • Options
    I'm watching a video in which Joseph Gordon Levitt play MTG with some decks he hasn't taken out of a cardboard box for twenty years and now I know where MrMr's avatar comes from.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Good morning folks, was going to stay up all night bit I decided to let the wife sleep in today so I had a nap.

But I did get myself a Allogator horse saddle in Red Dead

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

A billion Indians revere him like Americans revere, I dunno, whoever is the best at baseball.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachin_Tendulkar

I can identify highly electronegative carbonyl groups and their individual contributions to enzyme substrate recognition but this? This article is beyond incomprehensible to me.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

If it makes you feel any better we're over here in the US trying our absolute best to try and shorten all attention spans to the point where cricket no longer exists.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'm watching a video in which Joseph Gordon Levitt play MTG with some decks he hasn't taken out of a cardboard box for twenty years and now I know where MrMr's avatar comes from.

Ivory tower was a super annoying card

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I approve of this message

This discussion has been closed.