Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

You tube I tube we all tube for [youtube]

GvzbgulGvzbgul no thank you, I prefer my hatRegistered User regular
I need a constant stream of new youtube videos to watch.

Here are some of the ones I watch currently:

Townsends makes historical vids focusing on daily living and especially cooking.

Shawn Woods makes and tests mice traps. Occasional pictures of dead mice, but Youtube has been cracking down so he's switched to some other mice control related tests. Smells and noises in particular.

Hmm, a bit too much history, what else is there?

Criken2 makes comedic gameplay videos like a million other youtubers.

Barnabydixon makes cool puppets. This video also allow me to talk about Chris Hadfield, his son runs the channel Rare Earth that is also pretty cool, but the latest vid was already posted in the last thread so I figure I won't post it now.

Jimsterling makes games journalism and is not to everyone's taste.

What youtube videos do you watch? What other videos do you watch? The forum supports embedding of vimeo, instagram, twitter, maybe a few more? No facebook video embeding though, which is a shame, as there's lot of neat vids there too.

Quick tip: Adding ?list=- to the end of the video url will make it show the title. Handy!

cB557

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

I love watching Enho's Sumo

19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

Anialos
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Inevitable:

steam_sig.png
    Fencingsaxdarunia106Johnny ChopsockyAnialosSorceTankHammerph blakeDisruptedCapitalistagoajHeadCreepsKristmas KthulhuRMS OceanicshoeboxjeddyFearghaillLord_AsmodeusZilla360TonkkaDedwrekkaWeX Majors101EncTynnanN1tSt4lkerStiltsHexmage-PA
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    I'm gonna keep stumping for this guy until the heat death of the universe, and it's not just because he's also an Aussie and he has the same name as me (Chris)...

No, it's because he's a fucking artisan, and his videos are incredibly calming and if you're in any way at all interested in machining, clocks, toolmaking, or history then they're chock full of interesting information.

Clickspring

Typhoid MannyLord Palington
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular

Al_wat
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

MYtio8V.jpg
    Crippl3shoeboxjeddyLord_AsmodeusPwnanObrien
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited November 12
    I want to give Townsend the benefit of the doubt and their videos aren't nearly as bad as their store, but as someone whose career is portraying the 18th century it's a bit troubling to me how popular they're getting. One of these days I need to sit down and watch more of their videos and really fact check them, it's possible I am biased because of the fact that a lot of what they sell us not particularly good or authentic. But while the videos of theirs I have watched weren't egregiously bad, I have a hard time fully trusting their research.

I have been wanting to get this off my chest. Sorry.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    facetious wrote: »
    I want to give Townsend the benefit of the doubt and their videos aren't nearly as bad as their store, but as someone whose career is portraying the 18th century it's a bit troubling to me how popular they're getting. One of these days I need to sit down and watch more of their videos and really fact check them, it's possible I am biased because of the fact that a lot of what they sell us not particularly good or authentic. But while the videos of theirs I have watched weren't egregiously bad, I have a hard time fully trusting their research.

I have been wanting to get this off my chest. Sorry.

I have not gone to their store
    But where he wants to go is that scary ideal of larping. In Wyoming in the City of Green River there is a revival where people larping as fur trappers and other mountain men of the late1700' to mid 1800's meet and show off skills of the era and such

Just there are people way into it like there was a line and they are way past larping to all but living the lifestyle.

I do like watching his cooking of the era videos as they are interesting but you could do that for any era outside of the modern and get the same effect. It's just really interesting what people considered food.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I mean I am probably pretty close to what you describe, too - not only is it my job, I do it as a hobby, and have picked up various skills like 18th century shoemaking and cooking - but a lot of those people are doing stuff that is frankly inauthentic and applying their own ideas to what they think the past (and particularly the "frontier", which is absurdly mythologized) was without basing it on actual research and documentation.

But um this is probably not to place for this conversation~

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    No the people I was talking about really tried as best as they could to live the lifestyle of a furtrapper of the early 1800's when Jacques La Ramée lived in the area {nearly everything in the state is named after him county, a city a mountain range, a river, a valley, a stretch of grassland, and much much more as Laramie

But there is a vast difference between people larping it and people deep living the lifestyle of it as that is chasing an ideal that can never be caught.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    on the off chance this hasn’t made the rounds here

5gsowHm.png

Centipede DamascusYoutubeTonkka
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Crippl3HermanoTonkkacB557
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I watch the Townsends cooking videos because they are almost Bob Ross levels of calm and I need a little of that in my life.

GvzbgulLoisLane
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    You wanna see the best thing Stan Lee ever did in his career?

rSjqbNT.jpg?1
    TankHammerTonkka
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    TASBot block from GDQx got uploaded:

TASBot Plays Super Mario 64 1 Key in 4:22, presented by DwangoAC - GDQx2018

TASBot plays Hyper Princess Pitch by Tseralith in 5:08, presented by DwangoAC - GDQx2018

TASBot Plays Pokemon Yellow by TIKevin83, presented by DwangoAC - GDQx2018

TASBot plays Item Abuse 3 by PangaeaPanga, presented by DwangoAC - GDQx2018

TASBOT plays Kaizo Mario World 3 - GDQx2018

BahamutZERO.gif
    Kristmas KthulhufacetiousZilla360cB557
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | @indiewinter on twitter | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    SorceHeadCreepsKristmas KthulhuFencingsaxJohnny ChopsockyProhassHermanoAJRGoatmonFearghaillLord_Asmodeusdarunia106OdinPeasWerewolf2000adDarkPrimusMidniteJedocSeptusfurlionAl_watN1tSt4lkerpookaStilts
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My wife recently discovered this channel, don't ask me how she found it because it's called 李子柒

Anyway the channel is about this young chinese lady who lives in the Chinese countryside with her grandmother and makes videos about everything from growing and foraging and cooking food, building furniture, making clothes, caring for animals and more. The videos have super high production value and are genuinely beautiful and I don't know how they're getting produced or who's making them but they sure are nice to watch

SorceKristmas KthulhuFencingsaxZilla360JedocN1tSt4lkerHefflingpooka
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist What's a fella to do? 'Cause her hair was black and her eyes were blue.Registered User regular
    Happy Birthday to Final Pam

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: SkinnerSweet
    Crippl3SporkAndrewdurandal4532GoatmonTankHammerZilla360TonkkaJedocJacques L'HommeCurly_Brace
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    YOU REMEMBER

HOW YOUR BACKYARD BARBECUE GO, THE SMITHS

NEXT TIME YOU INVITE PAM

RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | @indiewinter on twitter | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    Crippl3Kevin Cristdurandal4532TankHammerZilla360JedocJacques L'HommeCurly_Brace
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited November 13
    That cat looks like a reincarnation of Vincent Schiavelli.

Uc4jOYI.jpg

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

YoutubeHeadCreepsJohnny ChopsockyShortyDisruptedCapitalistStilts
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular

This is the kind of stuff I normally expect from 15 lb BMX bikes and he's doing it on 220 lbs of Austrian steel

chrishallett83TheStigPeas
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Boy, ads have been pretty terrible lately. On PC, minute-long ads with no warning, sometimes 2 in a row (which sometimes reset my Quality settings). On phone, a bunch of ads where Loud YouTube Influencers react to draws on anime-girl-based gatcha games. Not a great time.

YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited November 13
    I'm about ten minutes into this and it's gorgeously produced plus the info contained on motors and mechanical tidbits is presented incredibly approachably. Strongly recommended even for the non-gearheads in the audience.

I still don't know which part of the bike contains the heart, soul, and raw American freedom

Mortal Sky on
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular

NrAtmCde S 01001011 00110000 01000010 01010001 00110010 00111001 01001110 01001011 01010010 01001100 00110101 01001000 01010010 00110111 01001100
    HeadCreepsZilla360DedwrekkaDarkPrimusAnialosYoutubeSorceJacques L'HommeJoolanderMunkus Beavershoeboxjeddydurandal4532Heffling
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    That poor kitty has a facial deformity and looks malnourished. :(

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
    DedwrekkaHeffling
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular

I did not know how little I needed to see a Mr. Mime up close.

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
    Goatmon
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    That poor kitty has a facial deformity and looks malnourished. :(
    The one in the Michael Rappaport video?

Nah. Its healthy. He's an Instagram pet model thing, his name is Wilfred Warrior. It also means that video is probably staged.

All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!

NrAtmCde S 01001011 00110000 01000010 01010001 00110010 00111001 01001110 01001011 01010010 01001100 00110101 01001000 01010010 00110111 01001100
    Zilla360DarkPrimus
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    There are very few things funnier than a grown-ass man screaming 'HEY MA'

GoatmonPeasJayKaosKnight_GustavCentipede DamascusGundiCrippl3Johnny ChopsockyJedocMidniteWeX MajorsHeadCreepsIndie WinterSorceSporkAndrewJacques L'HommescherbchenMunkus BeaverN1tSt4lkerDisruptedCapitalistStilts
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    It looks like Grandma!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Surreal. Immersive. Earth.Registered User regular

I am constantly amazed that Yves Rossy is not only still alive, but improving his designs. They've built a launch 'pier'/platform that lets them take off without the aid of another aircraft now.

Skidzilla360.jpg | NH844lc.png | GACSALB.jpg My Blog | Gravatar | PSN | 72INGtl.jpg | HkSlskT.png
    cB557Youtube
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

"It's like you're hitting a rainbow egg, and sunddenly a rainbow is born."

AnialosYoutubeAl_wat
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    As an accredited+licensed catologist I can say with great certitude that that cat suffers from fishface syndrome complicated by feline stareitis

• FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    Hey baby I hear the blues a-callin'

Zilla360Brainleech

Centipede DamascusBrainleechPwnanObrienchrishallett83YoutubeSorceZilla360shoeboxjeddyStilts
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka What Would Nyarlathotep Do? Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »

I did not know how little I needed to see a Mr. Mime up close.

Him being from "Leaventown" is a little on the nose, even for Pokemon location names.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    If the squirtle squad doesn't end up being a thing in the movie I'll be sorely disappointed.

DedwrekkaLord_AsmodeusSporkAndrewZilla360TankHammerdurandal4532valhalla130