Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

You tube I tube we all tube for [youtube]

1474850525357

Posts

  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    AthenorShortyPwnanObrienTonkkaCrippl3MidniteLord_AsmodeusSorce
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 9
    Peas wrote: »
    I remember there being a japanese reality show which had a thread in here which was pretty pleasant? You have a bunch of roommates hanging out in a house.

    Terrace House!

    My girlfriend is watching this right now.

    It took me awhile to finally just ask but last night there was a farewell episode and I just had to know.
    "Wait, so there's no catch? They get to live in this big house together on camera but they still go to their jobs and school and can leave whenever they want and they just make friends with each-other and cry when one of them leaves?"
    "Yeah, and then the next person on the waiting list comes in."
    "WOW!"

    The only problem she's having is how people see no problem in interrogating the one super-tall (6' 2"), half-Japanese kid about his parentage/origin when they meet him. It is awfully rude and transparently xenophobic. Very much "no, but like, where are you REALLY from?" because he looks different.

    TankHammer on
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    whoa, that's what terrace house is? that sounds great!

    Kristmas Kthulhu
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    halkun wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    If I ever go on a reality show I'm only going to be there to make friends, and I'm going to let everyone know it.
    You should read about the disaster that was the "Game Jam" and see what bullshit goes on when making a reality show. It was not an environment where one would "make friends"
    Here is the polygon article.
    Eurogamer has a little more
    Some of the participants were under NDA and can't talk about what went on, but it was not a pleasant experience.
    At one point Leshem, who runs a company called Protagonist and represented the interests of sponsor Mountain Dew, reportedly asked Wallick, "Do you think you're at an advantage because you have a pretty lady on your team?" Leshem, they add, displayed an excessive zeal for his bosses at Mountain Dew, insisting that contestants at the show be seen only drinking that beverage.
    This guy sounds like a character in a joke.

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
    milskiZilla360
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited January 9
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »
    I remember there being a japanese reality show which had a thread in here which was pretty pleasant? You have a bunch of roommates hanging out in a house.

    Terrace House!

    My girlfriend is watching this right now.

    It took me awhile to finally just ask but last night there was a farewell episode and I just had to know.
    "Wait, so there's no catch? They get to live in this big house together on camera but they still go to their jobs and school and can leave whenever they want and they just make friends with each-other and cry when one of them leaves?"
    "Yeah, and then the next person on the waiting list comes in."
    "WOW!"

    The only problem she's having is how people see no problem in interrogating the one super-tall (6' 2"), half-Japanese kid about his parentage/origin when they meet him. It is awfully rude and transparently xenophobic. Very much "no, but like, where are you REALLY from?" because he looks different.

    From the stories I've heard of other mixed-race Japanese people who are actually living (and some of whom were even born) in Japan, this is a pretty common problem they deal with. Which sucks!

    Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    KanamageormikeKristmas KthulhuLord_AsmodeusTankHammerLovelyA Kobold's Kobold
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Zilla360
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    Oh, this is a video I've long been waiting for out of the Marble Machine X.

    Over the years he's been working on it, Martin has developed an engineering team to make his dream a reality. Today? Today, he introduces them. And they are all awesome people.

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    YoutubeElbasunuFiendishrabbit
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist What's a fella to do? 'Cause her hair was black and her eyes were blue.Registered User regular
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular


    Nope nope nope nope....

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    JedocGoose!ElaroKwoarumageormikeKristmas KthulhuSporkAndrewNeveronYoutubeZilla360AJRDedwrekkaLovely
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    balerbower wrote: »
    Carlin was brilliant at dissecting language and signs and the absurdity contained in their modern usage. His best standup played to this strength. Too bad he leaned hard into his ornery misanthrope schtick later in life.

    It is kinda crazy listening to Carlin’s earliest work that this mellow stoner eventually became the angriest motherfucker to rant on a microphone at clouds.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    oh my god that remix

    i'm dying

    N1tSt4lkerJacques L'HommeDarkPrimuschrishallett83Lord_AsmodeusKristmas KthulhuFencingsaxDisruptedCapitalist
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    rSjqbNT.jpg?1
    ShortyN1tSt4lkerFearghaillJacques L'HommeDarkPrimusTonkkaKanaBahamutZEROchrishallett83Lord_AsmodeusJoolandershoeboxjeddyHermanoTankHammercursedking
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 10
    You can't diss the Batman: TAS intro. Not even as the setup for a joke. Not cool.

    Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    DHSElaroCentipede Damascussee317mrpakuPwnanObrienAistanchrishallett83Lord_AsmodeusKristmas KthulhuMunkus BeaverFencingsaxJoolandershoeboxjeddySorceKruiteJohnny ChopsockyfurlionTankHammerDedwrekka
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular


    Nope nope nope nope....

    The Great Wall of NOPE.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    N1tSt4lkerFiendishrabbit
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    whoa, that's what terrace house is? that sounds great!

    Terrace House is very very good!
    You should watch it!
    TankHammer wrote: »
    The only problem she's having is how people see no problem in interrogating the one super-tall (6' 2"), half-Japanese kid about his parentage/origin when they meet him. It is awfully rude and transparently xenophobic. Very much "no, but like, where are you REALLY from?" because he looks different.

    It can be jarring, but there's no malice in it, and it's culturally normal to be curious about a non-Japanese person's heritage. Mostly because they think people with different heritage are cool.

    Whenever a half Japanese person joins the cast, after they tell everyone their name, almost universally the next question is "Haffu?" literally "Are you half?"
    All the most successful models in Japan are half Japanese half something else because it's exotic and interesting.

    Kana
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    You can't diss the Batman: TAS intro. Not even as the setup for a joke. Not cool.

    Yeah the song they did is good but the original opening song is just so good.

    wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    oh my god that remix

    i'm dying

    [sotto voce] my enemies!

    Kristmas Kthulhu
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »
    I remember there being a japanese reality show which had a thread in here which was pretty pleasant? You have a bunch of roommates hanging out in a house.

    Terrace House!

    My girlfriend is watching this right now.

    It took me awhile to finally just ask but last night there was a farewell episode and I just had to know.
    "Wait, so there's no catch? They get to live in this big house together on camera but they still go to their jobs and school and can leave whenever they want and they just make friends with each-other and cry when one of them leaves?"
    "Yeah, and then the next person on the waiting list comes in."
    "WOW!"

    The only problem she's having is how people see no problem in interrogating the one super-tall (6' 2"), half-Japanese kid about his parentage/origin when they meet him. It is awfully rude and transparently xenophobic. Very much "no, but like, where are you REALLY from?" because he looks different.

    From the stories I've heard of other mixed-race Japanese people who are actually living (and some of whom were even born) in Japan, this is a pretty common problem they deal with. Which sucks!

    I'm mixed-race and get it in the states too but it's mostly "Oh but you don't look Peruvian!" in a weird pseudo-complimentary tone

    please also note, there are a lot of fair-skinned south americans, and people not familiar with the weird ethnography of latin america have no dang clue

    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

    Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
    Kristmas KthulhuLadaiCaptain InertiaMysst
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    what the fuck americans even know what a peruvian is supposed to look like? we're lazy with our racism we don't know that shit.

    KanacB557TheStigFencingsaxN1tSt4lkerKruiteCentipede DamascusMysstMagellLoisLaneTankHammerDuke 2.0A Kobold's Kobold
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    what the fuck americans even know what a peruvian is supposed to look like? we're lazy with our racism we don't know that shit.

    benjamin bratt, bruno mars, and jynx maze are all peruvian mestizos!

    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

    Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
    Metzger MeisterDouglasDangerKristmas KthulhuCentipede Damascus
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited January 10
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    what the fuck americans even know what a peruvian is supposed to look like? we're lazy with our racism we don't know that shit.

    benjamin bratt, bruno mars, and jynx maze are all peruvian mestizos!

    i didn't know any of that and this is very interesting!

    edit: also, peruvian is real fun to say. go ahead, give it a try yourself at home! try to put a little mustard on it.

    Metzger Meister on
    Crippl3Kristmas KthulhuCentipede Damascus
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    whoa, that's what terrace house is? that sounds great!

    Terrace House is very very good!
    You should watch it!
    TankHammer wrote: »
    The only problem she's having is how people see no problem in interrogating the one super-tall (6' 2"), half-Japanese kid about his parentage/origin when they meet him. It is awfully rude and transparently xenophobic. Very much "no, but like, where are you REALLY from?" because he looks different.

    It can be jarring, but there's no malice in it, and it's culturally normal to be curious about a non-Japanese person's heritage. Mostly because they think people with different heritage are cool.

    Whenever a half Japanese person joins the cast, after they tell everyone their name, almost universally the next question is "Haffu?" literally "Are you half?"
    All the most successful models in Japan are half Japanese half something else because it's exotic and interesting.

    I mean, thats still messed up though

    2x39jD4.jpg
    SilverWindTankHammer
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    what the fuck americans even know what a peruvian is supposed to look like? we're lazy with our racism we don't know that shit.

    benjamin bratt, bruno mars, and jynx maze are all peruvian mestizos!

    i didn't know any of that and this is very interesting!

    edit: also, peruvian is real fun to say. go ahead, give it a try yourself at home! try to put a little mustard on it.

    immortal technique is peruvian too

    and tupac derived his name from the sapa inca (people mistakenly believe tupac is an african name)

    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

    Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited January 10

    Peas on
    tylvh4k5gys0.gif
    Al_watTayaDedwrekka
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

    If this isn't the theme music for the inevitable Into The Spiderverse sequel, then crimes have been committed. Many crimes, and bad ones at that.

    Kristmas Kthulhu
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited January 10
    I'd be lying if I said I could really tell the difference between people from Latin America, but then I'd be lying if I said I thought about it much at all, or that I could tell the difference between an Englishman and a Frenchman. Also I tend to avoid the "you don't look like/seem like X" sort of thing because it always seems like kind of a shitty response.

    Like when some people ask where someone is from, they sort of mean it to imply they think like every Asian person they meet must have been born in China or Vietnam, so I don't ask it much but if it comes up in conversation, I don't really have any preconceptions except those based on accent. Like if someone said they were born in London but sounded like they were from Wisconsin I'd be curious but that's about it.

    Lord_Asmodeus on
    65lzUOO.gif5GRFYex.gifz1i30sg.png
    GvzbgulTankHammer
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I dunno if I agree with all that, but I'll be goddamned if that's not an amazing Spider-Man remix.

    Anyway, the following video has possibly radioactive levels of cuteness. You've been warned.

    PeasYoutubeN1tSt4lkerdarunia106Zilla360
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    what the fuck americans even know what a peruvian is supposed to look like? we're lazy with our racism we don't know that shit.

    benjamin bratt, bruno mars, and jynx maze are all peruvian mestizos!

    i didn't know any of that and this is very interesting!

    edit: also, peruvian is real fun to say. go ahead, give it a try yourself at home! try to put a little mustard on it.

    immortal technique is peruvian too

    and tupac derived his name from the sapa inca (people mistakenly believe tupac is an african name)

    Henry Ian Cusick from Lost is Scottish-Peruvian

    that's the extent of my Peruvian celebrity trivia.

    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    I dunno if I agree with all that, but I'll be goddamned if that's not an amazing Spider-Man remix.

    Anyway, the following video has possibly radioactive levels of cuteness. You've been warned.


    Quick piece of mammary trivia:
    Giraffes have udders, but are very small compared to a cows
    Elephants have breasts like humans, and once you see them, you can not unsee them.
    You are welcome.

    wVo0Rgr.png
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular

    tylvh4k5gys0.gif
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    whoa, that's what terrace house is? that sounds great!

    Terrace House is very very good!
    You should watch it!
    TankHammer wrote: »
    The only problem she's having is how people see no problem in interrogating the one super-tall (6' 2"), half-Japanese kid about his parentage/origin when they meet him. It is awfully rude and transparently xenophobic. Very much "no, but like, where are you REALLY from?" because he looks different.

    It can be jarring, but there's no malice in it, and it's culturally normal to be curious about a non-Japanese person's heritage. Mostly because they think people with different heritage are cool.

    Whenever a half Japanese person joins the cast, after they tell everyone their name, almost universally the next question is "Haffu?" literally "Are you half?"
    All the most successful models in Japan are half Japanese half something else because it's exotic and interesting.

    That sounds like garden variety racism though? The model thing is just the model minority "oh, we're treating them well because they're exotic and pretty!"

    BahamutZEROStiltsmageormikeAistanKristmas KthulhuMagellLoisLaneTankHammerDedwrekka
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I mean I'm not saying it's not racism, and I know that positive stereotyping is still problematic

    I'm just saying that if you have a problem with it you'll have a problem with the whole culture because it's at completely normal levels in Terrace House.

    Kana
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    is anyone else getting an error that just says that says full screen is unavailable on like every youtube video?

    Muzzmuzz
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular

    N1tSt4lkerTonkkaYoutube
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

    5FEdw1A.png
  • CoinageCoinage dance all crazy, whip my hair around all crazy Registered User regular
    Why does that man's voice sound like a text to speech program

    Sorce
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Why does that man's voice sound like a text to speech program

    Leon Thomas is a very dry man. I think I've heard him laugh twice, once when reviewing some dogshit Christian propaganda film and one other time when he was talking about how great Becky Lynch is on the one episode of his podcast I listened to because it had a picture of Becky Lynch as the thumbnail. I've heard him say positive things about comedies and videogames but I've also heard him say that he in general doesn't have interest in comedy or videogames. His takes are very smart but he's not exactly where I would go to for emotion.

    WrIiiPW.png
    el_vicioJacques L'Homme
Sign In or Register to comment.