As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    anyway my new year's wish for HS is for them to finally stop being cowards and completely rotate the fucking classic set out to wild

get rid of it already

it was a mistake. everyone knows this. druid has gotten HOW many nerfs now? it's almost like the classic set is holding back design space and imposing limitations on what can and can't be printed. or making it so that certain cards just aren't run because their classic analogs are better

imagine, for a second, a world in which mage didn't have flamestrike or blizzard or frostbolt or fireball every single expansion. imagine the kinds of new board clears and removal spells and burn spells you could print knowing that those cards aren't in the game

wowee

wouldn't that be amazing? wouldn't that be fresh?

man up HS team

How do you solve the need for a base set that new players could gain quickly and returning players could rely on?

you shouldn't have a base set that new/returning players gain quickly and rely on. that's the whole problem. the classic set isn't even necessarily a "reliable fallback", because of the shifting meta and because they're not always seeing play. i mean they see play now because they're heinously strong fucking cards that shouldn't keep existing in standard, but that's besides the point.

instead though the solution is to just give way the fuck more handouts

new players should just get a whole shitload of [latest expac] packs. or hell give them some packs from EVERY standard expac. similarly, there should be some kind of system that gives returning players (i.e. haven't played in a long while) a whole shitload of [latest expac] packs as well. or, yknow, some packs from every standard expac, like new players would

idfk why blizz is so goddamn allergic to freebies but that's the solution.

If your solution is for Activision/Blizzard to give out more free stuff to the players, then its not really a solution :P

No, it actually is a solution. Just because we have a 0.000000000001% chance of seeing it happen because Acti-Blizzard doesn't believe in making good games, doesn't make it a non-solution.

Also, it's not more free stuff to the players, it's different free stuff to the players. Instead of giving them all the basic cards and giving them a few free packs to start with, give them a free deck and that's it.

The deck idea is a great idea, that's not what I was responding to.

Expecting ActiBlizz to give out free packs or more packs to new/returning players is just a non-starter. They aren't gonna give out free packs like that.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    uvgsbzclmc3o.jpg

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    TT is my last one needed to move on. Have been spurned by her RNG time and time again.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    anyway my new year's wish for HS is for them to finally stop being cowards and completely rotate the fucking classic set out to wild

get rid of it already

it was a mistake. everyone knows this. druid has gotten HOW many nerfs now? it's almost like the classic set is holding back design space and imposing limitations on what can and can't be printed. or making it so that certain cards just aren't run because their classic analogs are better

imagine, for a second, a world in which mage didn't have flamestrike or blizzard or frostbolt or fireball every single expansion. imagine the kinds of new board clears and removal spells and burn spells you could print knowing that those cards aren't in the game

wowee

man up HS team

How do you solve the need for a base set that new players could gain quickly and returning players could rely on?

you shouldn't have a base set that new/returning players gain quickly and rely on. that's the whole problem. the classic set isn't even necessarily a "reliable fallback", because of the shifting meta and because they're not always seeing play. i mean they see play now because they're heinously strong fucking cards that shouldn't keep existing in standard, but that's besides the point.

new players should just get a whole shitload of [latest expac] packs. or hell give them some packs from EVERY standard expac. similarly, there should be some kind of system that gives returning players (i.e. haven't played in a long while) a whole shitload of [latest expac] packs as well. or, yknow, some packs from every standard expac, like new players would

If your solution is for Activision/Blizzard to give out more free stuff to the players, then its not really a solution :P

activision and blizzard are separate entities, and the HS team is a separate independent entity from Blizzard With A Capital B

it is well within the HS team's scope to do something like this, it's just that they probably won't.

but anyway this has nothing to do with activision! they may have an influence on Blizzard, but afaik they are pretty hands-off with the actual game development side of things yknow?

i'm not defending activision or Blizzard, but i do think it's time we stop conflating everything together and realize that the game dev is (mostly) separate from the corporate side of things.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

get rid of it already

wowee

man up HS team

activision and blizzard are separate entities, and the HS team is a separate independent entity from Blizzard With A Capital B

it is well within the HS team's scope to do something like this, it's just that they probably won't.

but anyway this has nothing to do with activision! they may have an influence on Blizzard, but afaik they are pretty hands-off with the actual game development side of things yknow?

i'm not defending activision or Blizzard, but i do think it's time we stop conflating everything together and realize that the game dev is (mostly) separate from the corporate side of things.

Tell that to the Heroes of the Storm team.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited January 2019

get rid of it already

wowee

man up HS team

that's why i said "mostly" :p

under normal circumstances the game development is separate from Blizzard is separate from Activision and everyone just goes along their way

but then Activision decides they want to give their new CFO 15mil so they look to cut costs and they ask Blizzard to cut costs and oops seeya HotS

so again, under normal circumstances.

edit: more to the point, like, when the HS team does nerfs or whatever? that's the HS team doing nerfs. not Activision, not Blizzard, that's the HS team. and i bring up this point in particular because i saw people in this thread attributing the latest round of nerfs to Activision just because of the way the nerfs were done (indirect nerfs to Shudderwock/Kingsbane meant no refund on those). and it's like, guys, come on, i know we hate Activision, but that's just the HS team's standard modus operandi of being stingy. guys. guys.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    TT is my last one needed to move on. Have been spurned by her RNG time and time again.

TT is where almost everyone gets stuck and successful runs pretty much revolve around getting Time Warp and multiple copies of the spell multi-cast relic and just cheesing the crap out of the final boss. Because god is she awful.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I started the Wild season by tanking down to ten playing fun meme decks. After losing a lot, I decided to get back up to rank 5 so I could go back to losing in peace.

Thank you, Odd Rogue. 21-5 from rank 10-1 to rank 5-1.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

get rid of it already

wowee

man up HS team

This line of conversation is literally why I put both of their names in there. If I just used one name, then someone would have come in here and been all like "Well, actually, the [other name] has influence as well you can't just pin this all on [name I used]"

So I used both names and then I get this reaction where I shouldn't conflate the two. They are literally the same company at this point. I'm not sure why you chose to get onto me about it. If I use one name, someone can jump on that. If I use both names I guess you are gonna jump on it?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

TT is where almost everyone gets stuck and successful runs pretty much revolve around getting Time Warp and multiple copies of the spell multi-cast relic and just cheesing the crap out of the final boss. Because god is she awful.

Ohhhhhh so that's the combo? I was trying to beat it with the 5 Mana or more minions only cost 5 cheese... Now I know.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Clearly we should all just refer to the company as ATVI ($47.29), along with its current stock value, in all our posts from now on to really drive home that conglomerate feel.

• Options

get rid of it already

wowee

man up HS team

This line of conversation is literally why I put both of their names in there. If I just used one name, then someone would have come in here and been all like "Well, actually, the [other name] has influence as well you can't just pin this all on [name I used]"

So I used both names and then I get this reaction where I shouldn't conflate the two. They are literally the same company at this point. I'm not sure why you chose to get onto me about it. If I use one name, someone can jump on that. If I use both names I guess you are gonna jump on it?

i wasn't intending to inflame, and apologies if it came across that way, i was just being a nitpicky butt

just, yeah, i mean, forget i brought it up then. i didn't mean anything by it.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Had a Defeat-3-Dungeon-Run-bosses quest this weekend, picked Shaman (as it's one of the classes I didn't beat the mode with yet), and was lucky enough to get the "Your minions have +1/+1" treasure. This is crazy value with minions-that-summon-minions, but it's especially crazy for Shaman, because it lets them make on-demand 1/3s (or maybe a 2/2). I was steamrolling all the bosses without even paying attention to what I was doing, it was crazy.

Then I got to the last boss, the demon who burns two of your cards per turn. Honestly, I should have started going face earlier, but he was popping out some legit dangerous demons that I needed to deal with. Towards the end, my hand and deck were empty, but I had two Rags on the board and the boss had ended up discarding his entire hand, so I thought maybe I could race him with the Rags.

Then he played DOOM!

OK, fine, I have the double-my-health treasure and have barely taken any damage, I can pop out one totem per turn. M-maybe I can still make this work?

Then he played Voidlord.

Anyway, that's the story of how I uninstalled all of my video games and threw my computer in the garbage.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Had a Defeat-3-Dungeon-Run-bosses quest this weekend, picked Shaman (as it's one of the classes I didn't beat the mode with yet), and was lucky enough to get the "Your minions have +1/+1" treasure. This is crazy value with minions-that-summon-minions, but it's especially crazy for Shaman, because it lets them make on-demand 1/3s (or maybe a 2/2). I was steamrolling all the bosses without even paying attention to what I was doing, it was crazy.

Then I got to the last boss, the demon who burns two of your cards per turn. Honestly, I should have started going face earlier, but he was popping out some legit dangerous demons that I needed to deal with. Towards the end, my hand and deck were empty, but I had two Rags on the board and the boss had ended up discarding his entire hand, so I thought maybe I could race him with the Rags.

Then he played DOOM!

OK, fine, I have the double-my-health treasure and have barely taken any damage, I can pop out one totem per turn. M-maybe I can still make this work?

Then he played Voidlord.

Anyway, that's the story of how I uninstalled all of my video games and threw my computer in the garbage.

4pmaar9vrcjq.gif

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

get rid of it already

wowee

man up HS team

under normal circumstances the game development is separate from Blizzard is separate from Activision and everyone just goes along their way

but then Activision decides they want to give their new CFO 15mil so they look to cut costs and they ask Blizzard to cut costs and oops seeya HotS

edit: more to the point, like, when the HS team does nerfs or whatever? that's the HS team doing nerfs. not Activision, not Blizzard, that's the HS team. and i bring up this point in particular because i saw people in this thread attributing the latest round of nerfs to Activision just because of the way the nerfs were done (indirect nerfs to Shudderwock/Kingsbane meant no refund on those). and it's like, guys, come on, i know we hate Activision, but that's just the HS team's standard modus operandi of being stingy. guys. guys.

There was a recent article about how Blizzard has the finance guys in all their meetings now, making suggestions and telling the devs what to do. A quote from the devs was something along the lines of. "yeah, the finance guys used to show up to our meetings every now and then but they never said anything, but now they're in every one and they're taking control of the company's direction."

get rid of it already

wowee

man up HS team

No, it actually is a solution. Just because we have a 0.000000000001% chance of seeing it happen because Acti-Blizzard doesn't believe in making good games, doesn't make it a non-solution.

Also, it's not more free stuff to the players, it's different free stuff to the players. Instead of giving them all the basic cards and giving them a few free packs to start with, give them a free deck and that's it.

The deck idea is a great idea, that's not what I was responding to.

Expecting ActiBlizz to give out free packs or more packs to new/returning players is just a non-starter. They aren't gonna give out free packs like that.

It sounds like the argument is "Newbies and returning players need a way to get up to speed quickly and Blizz will never give out free packs like that, so that's why we're stuck having the classic set forever."

• Options

get rid of it already

wowee

man up HS team

I mean this sounds an awful lot like you've never worked for a subsidiary of another company before. When you're in that position you are constantly worried that the parent company will ash you, and big decisions absolutely get run across guys at the tippy top who don't know a solitary fucking thing about what you're doing, and they'll bikeshed just to act like they have a clue. It's good when they ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer, and act like this was a good meeting. It's bad when they're pissed about their stock dropping and start asking stupid questions and actually engage with the stupid answers. This goes double when you see other teams in your small corner suddenly disappeared and nobody really tells you why, but you can see the stock market, so you kinda know why. Or when you see other subsidiaries leave the parent company.

So okay, let's accept for a moment that Bliz's HS team gets full autonomy to do whatever the fuck they want. Let's pretend. At the end of the day, they're still trying to make the CEO happy. They're still getting direction from the CEO on where their focus should be, and what they should be doing. And when they're deciding to nerf cards, they or their manager absolutely have to calculate their sales impact for such decisions and report on it. So at the end of the day, yeah, the direction of Hearthstone is absolutely being mandated by Blizzard Entertainment, which is absolutely being mandated by Activision Blizzard. And if this is old hat for them to be stingy, that still sounds an awful lot like Activision Blizzard, the company that owned them for a year already when Hearthstone was made.

To put things another way: Anyone who's been in the workforce for 10+ years knows that problems with a company tend to always start from the top. And if you've been in the workforce for 20+ years, you kinda generally want to die inside.

Anyways, point is: Activision is most well known for abusing the video game industry to turn out horrendously shitty games for around 40 years now. It's how they started as a company, and it's how they'll eventually end as a company. And without a massive buyout or a massive sea change in leadership and staff, that's the company they'll be. So when someone says, "Hey so this nerf strategy really sounds like an Activision move, you know?" You should probably just accept that "Activision" is a pretty good adverb there, and let it go at that.

• Options
    Like, let's try one on for size:

Paying one of your top guys a $15M bonus while you cut a bunch of devs sounds like a total Activision move.

• Options

Then he played DOOM!

Then he played Voidlord.

But what was in your pack?

• Options
    edited January 2019

get rid of it already

wowee

man up HS team

I mean this sounds an awful lot like you've never worked for a subsidiary of another company before.

i mean no, i haven't, so.......

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

get rid of it already

wowee

man up HS team

I mean this sounds an awful lot like you've never worked for a subsidiary of another company before. When you're in that position you are constantly worried that the parent company will ash you, and big decisions absolutely get run across guys at the tippy top who don't know a solitary fucking thing about what you're doing, and they'll bikeshed just to act like they have a clue. It's good when they ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer, and act like this was a good meeting. It's bad when they're pissed about their stock dropping and start asking stupid questions and actually engage with the stupid answers. This goes double when you see other teams in your small corner suddenly disappeared and nobody really tells you why, but you can see the stock market, so you kinda know why. Or when you see other subsidiaries leave the parent company.

So okay, let's accept for a moment that Bliz's HS team gets full autonomy to do whatever the fuck they want. Let's pretend. At the end of the day, they're still trying to make the CEO happy. They're still getting direction from the CEO on where their focus should be, and what they should be doing. And when they're deciding to nerf cards, they or their manager absolutely have to calculate their sales impact for such decisions and report on it. So at the end of the day, yeah, the direction of Hearthstone is absolutely being mandated by Blizzard Entertainment, which is absolutely being mandated by Activision Blizzard. And if this is old hat for them to be stingy, that still sounds an awful lot like Activision Blizzard, the company that owned them for a year already when Hearthstone was made.

To put things another way: Anyone who's been in the workforce for 10+ years knows that problems with a company tend to always start from the top. And if you've been in the workforce for 20+ years, you kinda generally want to die inside.

Anyways, point is: Activision is most well known for abusing the video game industry to turn out horrendously shitty games for around 40 years now. It's how they started as a company, and it's how they'll eventually end as a company. And without a massive buyout or a massive sea change in leadership and staff, that's the company they'll be. So when someone says, "Hey so this nerf strategy really sounds like an Activision move, you know?" You should probably just accept that "Activision" is a pretty good adverb there, and let it go at that.

The problem here is that this has been the hearthstone team’s practice all along, so the idea that all these activision financiers are now forcing it on them doesn’t really make sense. Their price/dust model has been basically unchanged since release (iirc; I only really started playing in GvG)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I cannot for the life of me get out of rank 5 this month. It’s like a comedy of errors watching myself just get mulched by OTK literally half the time, and if I switch to fast decks to kill them, I only see grindy control decks I can’t beat. It’s this weird problem of it actually being easier at higher ranks to climb, because the variance goes does down as people stop trying weird shit. At my level, about 1-in-4 games results in a “gg wow Ive never pulled off that combo before” with my opponent.

Just venting, because I like playing HS, but this just fucking sucks

• Options
    Their price/dust model has been basically unchanged since release (iirc; I only really started playing in GvG)
    Pretty much. If anything, the game has gotten slightly more generous since release, with the no dupe legendary change, and them giving out a trickle of free packs more consistently. Of course they kind of had to do that to try to retain some level of enthusiasm for the game after the initial shininess wore off.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    MTGA just announced that they're removing duplicates entirely (and slightly reducing other rewards to compensate), so that could possibly maybe potentially prompt something. On the other hand Artifact flopped harder than a Magikarp so maybe they're confident in their market position.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    So is Artifact officially a failure yet? Or do I have to wait longer before pointing and laughing at my friend who thought it was going to be god's gift to CCGs?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    It has a daily peak of like 4.5k players and a daily average of like 3k this last week.
    1 week after release it was $400 for a full play set of cards, 1 month after release about $200, it's currently at about $100.
    E: Average twitch viewership of 1.6k, primarily Lifecoach and Swim I think.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    So is Artifact officially a failure yet? Or do I have to wait longer before pointing and laughing at my friend who thought it was going to be god's gift to CCGs?

I'd say so. I took a look at the stats and it currently sees around 5,000 users per day and right now there are just a few more people watching Artifact than there are people watching Borderlands 2 on twitch.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

i mean you know why

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

Then he played DOOM!

Then he played Voidlord.

But what was in your pack?
    All it was is dust in the wind.

Alternate smart-alec response:
    Your name as dust.

• Options
    man, my favorite bad deck to play is deathrattle rogue, but boy is that deck bad

i wish it wasn't cause it's fun. but holy fuck it's so draw dependent. you need to hit egg into necrium blade or you're gonna lose straight off.

anyway, it's fun though and sometimes you can pop the fuck off, but then other times you don't because you didn't draw right and you sputter out.

but it's fun. the only problem is that it's a "fair" deck in a meta full of unfair decks right now. all these other decks capable of pulling off crazy bullshit and deathrattle rogue is like "well sometimes i can pop out a 5/5 from this 0/3 on turn 4 and sometimes i can pop out ~*two*~ 5/5s from this 0/3. and if i'm not somehow dead by turn 7 i can pop out 7/7s, wowza!!". but then there's odd paladin pooping out two 1/1s a turn for free, control priest having extremely good minions and removal options and burst, odd warrior gaining literally all the life in the universe (now starring Good Minions!!), even/control/cubelock with all their heinous bullshit (hell let's toss Zoo in there too why not), hunter hunter hunter hunter

and then meanwhile deathrattle hunter laughs and plays a 3/3 that activates the 0/3 and then plays a 1 mana spell that activates the 0/3, plus they have actual good removal spells and lategame threats and can play a 6/6 that pops out an 8/8 charge and then also pops out another fatty when the 6/6 dies and-- wait, deathrattle rogue is just a worse version of deathrattle hunter. that's it, isn't it.

i guess i just like playing janky bad decks!!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    wait, deathrattle rogue is just a worse version of deathrattle hunter. that's it, isn't it.
    Yeah but that's been the case since Boomsday.

• Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Their price/dust model has been basically unchanged since release (iirc; I only really started playing in GvG)
    Pretty much. If anything, the game has gotten slightly more generous since release, with the no dupe legendary change, and them giving out a trickle of free packs more consistently. Of course they kind of had to do that to try to retain some level of enthusiasm for the game after the initial shininess wore off.

They've also boosted the gold rewards from quests, but the move from a mix of set expansions and adventure expansions to just three sets a year counteracts that. The game is probably more expensive than it used to be if you like having a full-ish collection, and less expensive if you're okay with under 100 packs per set.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    man, my favorite bad deck to play is deathrattle rogue, but boy is that deck bad

i wish it wasn't cause it's fun. but holy fuck it's so draw dependent. you need to hit egg into necrium blade or you're gonna lose straight off.

anyway, it's fun though and sometimes you can pop the fuck off, but then other times you don't because you didn't draw right and you sputter out.

but it's fun. the only problem is that it's a "fair" deck in a meta full of unfair decks right now. all these other decks capable of pulling off crazy bullshit and deathrattle rogue is like "well sometimes i can pop out a 5/5 from this 0/3 on turn 4 and sometimes i can pop out ~*two*~ 5/5s from this 0/3. and if i'm not somehow dead by turn 7 i can pop out 7/7s, wowza!!". but then there's odd paladin pooping out two 1/1s a turn for free, control priest having extremely good minions and removal options and burst, odd warrior gaining literally all the life in the universe (now starring Good Minions!!), even/control/cubelock with all their heinous bullshit (hell let's toss Zoo in there too why not), hunter hunter hunter hunter

and then meanwhile deathrattle hunter laughs and plays a 3/3 that activates the 0/3 and then plays a 1 mana spell that activates the 0/3, plus they have actual good removal spells and lategame threats and can play a 6/6 that pops out an 8/8 charge and then also pops out another fatty when the 6/6 dies and-- wait, deathrattle rogue is just a worse version of deathrattle hunter. that's it, isn't it.

i guess i just like playing janky bad decks!!

My favourite is klepto rogue. I… don't win a lot.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Challenge a friend on the US server

Alphagaia#2499

edit: taken by HugeMunchkin!

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I played/streamed an agonizing game last night. It was one of those, "okay it's getting late and I'm tired but I only need one win to finish my quest." I was playing Spell Hunter against an Elemental Minion Mage at rank 15. Besides playing into minions that I completely forgot existed (The 6 mana deal 3 to everything 3/3 elemental), I missed lethal (TWICE!) because the opponent player roped EVERY, SINGLE, TURN! A 5-10 minute game (a game that I could have won twice if I took the time to see my outs) then turned into a 32 minute loss. Don't play Hearthstone tired folks, or you'll lose your patience and get burnt for it.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    you just described my own personal hell

I realized yesterday that HSReplay tracks average game time for decks and I seriously considered making an Odd Hunter deck as it has the fastest game speed of any deck over 50%WR

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Oh come on game!

c8f1z90k0398.png

In ranked news, I'm currently at rank 3 w/4 stars using @Coldrazor control priest deck. Started by going 3-3 before hitting an 8-game winning streak, which I'm still on. Pretty sure I could hit legend if I put in the games.

Of course by making this post, I've cursed myself to fall back to rank 5. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Feels good to have a zoo lock go through their entire deck trying to get past your taunts/armor as Warrior and failing.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    you just described my own personal hell

I realized yesterday that HSReplay tracks average game time for decks and I seriously considered making an Odd Hunter deck as it has the fastest game speed of any deck over 50%WR

Token Druid used to do that for me back in the day, because of Soul of the Forest would sneak past any board clears and it was a good way to deal big damage in a turn with Savage Roar, Mark of the Lotus, and Branching Paths. I wonder how that deck fairs now that the meta has slowed down a bit.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    4xMC4nf.png

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Odd Hunter's guarantee that somebody's winning in five minutes is definitely part of the charm.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX