As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You can get any [Chat] you want at Alice's Restaurant

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So I have noticed my dog I think has finally gotten to being purely comfortable at my house. I mean he was but he now is into the terrier, "I am the boss man and you gotta listen" mode. Which is a new level of comfort.

Now my dog doesn't bark. He stares. His gazers burning into the back of your skull till you pay attention to him. Be it to play, to give him treats, maybe some lap time, feed him dinner/breakfast. Whatever it is you can feel it.

Also its really hard to say no to this face.

"Bring to me a rat, for I desire to murder."

"I was bred to kill. Why do you deny me the simple pleasures I was born to do?"

He actually has killed. Caught himself a chipmunk a few months back. I was rather proud.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    One thing that I kind of hate about Monster Hunter is how every time a neat event thing comes out I can get like 1/3 of the new outfit in the time I have to play. That and they never like just put a big sign on the event quest that says for outfit X do this one a bunch! I always need to look it up.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I strongly dislike Kojima, even before the stupid bikini thing

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Goddamn Tilder is back?

What's up hippie!?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Kojima is to me much like many other grognards who make things I like. Good with the bad.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Oh wait but yeah that Paz shit is fucking awful. Worst ever example of fridging.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I think my opinion on Kojima's work went from "oh that wacky sex stuff" to "oh no, that 'wacky' sex stuff" without the actual sex stuff changing much.

Couscous on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh my god there's an image you can unlock in Smash of Cloud
    holding Zelda in the water like Aeris.

Why do I have to be at work instead of continuing to play smash bros all day. I unlocked cloud but didn't even get to play him yet! World of light is too big, I definitely fell into "Well I'll just do one more fight" for like 4 hours yesterday.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I liked Metal Gear Solid on PS1.

I liked that P.T. demo on PS4, I still have it actually. I would have liked to have played that game.

That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge of Kojima in its entirety.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Oh wait but yeah that Paz shit is fucking awful. Worst ever example of fridging.

The sad irony is that it's still a step up from her previous role in the series. (jailbait)

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

The sad irony is that it's still a step up from her previous role in the series. (jailbait)
    Yeah, I just read her entry on the MGS Wiki, and got to the Date With Paz part.

I am so, so, so very glad that the last MGS game I played was 2.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I liked Metal Gear Solid on PS1.

I liked that P.T. demo on PS4, I still have it actually. I would have liked to have played that game.

That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge of Kojima in its entirety.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is his best work.

• Options
    Hrm, I've been asked if there's a way to make a form, a la a google form, that people can fill out, it sends the results to one admin for approval, then after they approve it it adds the request to a spreadsheet for another person who actually manages the requests.

I don't think you can do something like that in google forms, can you?

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Winter depression temporarily assuaged by a massive pile of smoked salmon and bacon at fancy hotel!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Hrm, I've been asked if there's a way to make a form, a la a google form, that people can fill out, it sends the results to one admin for approval, then after they approve it it adds the request to a spreadsheet for another person who actually manages the requests.

I'm not sure about doing it as a single request, but you could easily do it as two forms. First for the people, second for the approval admin.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Approaching crab hunting grounds. Just passed the cheese factory.

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I'm not sure about doing it as a single request, but you could easily do it as two forms. First for the people, second for the approval admin.

Hrm, yeah I'm guessing they don't want to have to fill out a second form, he just wants to be able to click "Yes, this is approved" and have it automagically move over to the next thing. But that might be the closest thing, yeah.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Goddamn Tilder is back?

What's up hippie!?

Hey there, you rugged outdoorsman

What's new? Are you posting via pinecone 4G hotspot from the frozen Cascades?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I found some very good EU4 tutorial videos last night. It's not all that different from CK2 in its basic structure, but there are a lot of new and complex mechanics to grapple with.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I was remind of the Outer World's trailer.

https://youtu.be/MGLTgt0EEqc

It just looks so good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Winter depression

dude, totally
    temporarily assuaged

ugh, I know
    by a massive pile

hell yeah
    of smoked

my guy
    salmon and bacon at fancy hotel!

...oh.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I found some very good EU4 tutorial videos last night. It's not all that different from CK2 in its basic structure, but there are a lot of new and complex mechanics to grapple with.

Who ya starting as?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    did you see the paz spirit

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I70fx3l.jpg
    rPX7imv.jpg

• Options

Who ya starting as?

Corrolary: The next patch drops tomorrow so if you haven't started a game you might want to wait just to avoid the game randomly breaking.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Well. Thankyou [chat]

As always. During one of our "my favorite movies" discussions last week I caught a movie title I'd never heard of but was on a couple of lists. Stranger Than Fiction. So I checked it out. Damn, what a wonderful film. I'm not the biggest Will Ferrell fan. But it was great. It kind of reminded me of the revelation that Robin Williams could do more than comedy after Awakenings.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options

Who ya starting as?

Corrolary: The next patch drops tomorrow so if you haven't started a game you might want to wait just to avoid the game randomly breaking.

Oh my god paradox, so many patches

I was thinking of doing a standard Castile start just to play around, as the tutorial focused on Castile. Also maybe England but they have the War of the Roses right away, so maybe not the best option

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Gotta go where the wind takes me.

Anyway they have cnbc on and the market is tanking again and I ate all the salmon and bacon hello darkness my old friend.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options

Who ya starting as?

I was thinking of doing a standard Castile start just to play around, as the tutorial focused on Castile. Also maybe England but they have the War of the Roses right away, so maybe not the best option

Then you should definitely wait as the next patch updates Spain a lot, new provinces and stuff. Otherwise it's a good start, you're reasonably powerful so you shouldn't get into a downward spiral, and you've a good position to play with colonisation.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Who ya starting as?

For basically any and all paradox games, I exist as a semi-useful, semi-available resource for at least baseline knowledge, just fyi

Castile is fun

It's outcomes are kinda binary once you get a hang of the game, but that will be much less apparent in your first playthrough :D

And even the ways in which it is "binary" are exciting, to say the least

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Goddamn Tilder is back?

What's up hippie!?

Hey there, you rugged outdoorsman

What's new? Are you posting via pinecone 4G hotspot from the frozen Cascades?

Getting there.

Going to get 20 acres next year to build a homestead.

Yes, I still plan on putting in a sex tent for you.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Paradox is very good at releasing quick-fix patches after their big updates cause unforeseen bugs and problems.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Winter depression

dude, totally
    temporarily assuaged

ugh, I know
    by a massive pile

hell yeah
    of smoked

my guy
    salmon and bacon at fancy hotel!

...oh.

Don't get it too twisted - you are both massive hippies

Just from slightly different angles of attack :wink:

• Options
    I may just play a bit tonight and then restart for the patch tomorrow. New provinces is a big deal.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Paradox is very good at releasing quick-fix patches after their big updates cause unforeseen bugs and problems.

Yeah, Stellaris is kinda fucked at the moment. Apparently they more or less forgot to adapt the AI to the new economy so it just doesn't build upgrades or new fleets after the early game?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    God please let this day end

I am so fucking tired

I guess, at the very least, I have good odds about falling asleep early enough tonight

Too bad that I'll not get to sleep long enough even if I do

Two more weeks of this bullshit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I think the main lesson for me today is: If I get to the train station early enough I should take the earlier train rather than sit in my car and read.

• Options
    Oh yeah, daylight [chat], you need to see this too:
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    This was on reddit with the title "Like what you see?"

No further comment.

This discussion has been closed.