As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You can get any [Chat] you want at Alice's Restaurant

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    hmm sun's coming up

guess it's time to go see if i can make it to the office without dying

normally i would just say fuck it and work from home but i know they did a bunch of stuff over the weekend that rolls downhill to me and is probably all just sitting on my desk right now

Do you find out about job stuff today, or was that meeting replaced with "you still have a job see you Monday"

there's still a meeting today to find out what exactly new job is

💰💰💰

i literally came to work uphill in the snow so

My walk to school in the winter was over a bridge (so "uphill both ways") and often on sidewalks that hadn't been cleared, whereas the roadway had been, so the snow could pile up easily 5-6 feet

Kids these days, I tell ya :P

But real talk it was over a freeway and when the snow was piled up on the sidewalk, the reassuring 4' barrier on the bridge would suddenly only be like 2' high and the wind would gust down that concrete corridor and it suddenly felt a great deal more precarious

All because I wanted an education cute girls existed

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That’s the paper clip you use to organize the paperwork on your prenuptial agreement.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Okay that Tiffany's page has slightly redeemed itself with its "Drop a Hint" feature which was useful in letting my brother know I'd really like a $200 paperclip for Christmas

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    conspicuous consumption is such a silly thing

like it's not that some idiot is duped into overpaying for something

they overpay for things on purpose as a status symbol

burn it all down basically

i mean the paperclip thing may be that or it may be viral marketing but it brought it to mind

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Now I am on a metro car but it hasn’t moved for two minutes because someone is blocking one of the doors from closing.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The description for the ruler is my favorite one.

https://www.tiffany.com/accessories/desk/everyday-objects-sterling-silver-ruler-60558507
    minus
    Tiffany artisans transform utilitarian items into handcrafted works of art. This shining ruler is elevated in luxe sterling silver and rich American walnut.
    Sterling silver and American walnut with Tiffany Blue® enamel accent
    6" long
    Instantly recognizable, the signature Tiffany Blue® hue of this design’s enamel accent has been as iconic as the brand itself since its founding in 1837

*looks at ruler*
    bll93vo71k6n.png
    wLUqDYG.jpg

Couscous on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    only rich people can see the blue

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    That ruler was an entire walnut tree hand-sanded down to that size.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    “Poor” people have refrigerators

“Rich” people have solid gold paper lips

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

i mean the paperclip thing may be that or it may be viral marketing but it brought it to mind
    I expect to see a Cardassian snap chatting that paperclip on some super important paperwork.

zepherin on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »
    Now I am on a metro car but it hasn’t moved for two minutes because someone is blocking one of the doors from closing.

I almost clicked awesome on this post, but I didn't want to be misconstrued - it's not that I'm finding joy in your commute this morning, it's that in every step of the process so far where there could be misfortune, there has been, and there's something poetic about that.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    It's just a blank white space on top of that comic of the guy looking skeptically at a piece of paper

• Options
    I meant Kardashian...but fuck it I'm changing it to Cardassian.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    A 6 inch ruler is practically useless

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    chanus if you get a raise today send me $4500

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »

I expect to see a Cardassian snap chatting that paperclip on some super important paperwork.

gul-dukat-with-a-little-smirk-30104633.png

• Options
    Honk wrote: »

plus nature already gave me one hiyooooooo

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I am teaching an online course this week. So no flight for me. Thus I can stay in, enjoy this nice cup of coffee and watch what looks to be a second wave of snow.

• Options
    I get the paperclip and $275 15-18 pet collar. I don't get the $950 4" high sterling silver mini folding chair.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    I meant Kardashian...but fuck it I'm changing it to Cardassian.

I saw your error and immediately went to find a picture of a Cardassian to post, to really make a public fool of you, then was disappointed to see that you already edited it by the time I got my image link ready

And then I was happy again to see what the edit was

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    a whimsical bookmark my ass

• Options

how do you get accurate readings from looking at your feet while standing tho?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

ok but you send me $4500 also because of the principle of equivalent exchange

*claps hands, slaps ground*

• Options

how do you get accurate readings from looking at your feet while standing tho?

i just put my foot on the thing

• Options
    Is something really whimsical if it was designed to be that thing while looking like something else?

Repurposing an everyday item into something else? I can see that being whimsical.

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I almost clicked awesome on this post, but I didn't want to be misconstrued - it's not that I'm finding joy in your commute this morning, it's that in every step of the process so far where there could be misfortune, there has been, and there's something poetic about that.

At this point if an out of control bus doesn’t miss me by inches I’ll start to think it was all for naught.

• Options
    There's a $1000 can on that Tiffany's website

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I have a 40cm aluminium ruler, that's that good shit.

You can cut along it without cutting it in half, unlike with silver.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

ok but you send me $4500 also because of the principle of equivalent exchange

*claps hands, slaps ground*

I will send you the equivalent amount of electricity required to transfer 4500 from your account to my account because we both know money isn't real anymore.

(But still more real than bitcoin)

• Options
    I love how that greenhouse is like the size of a calzone.

• Options
    Im off to go crab hunting.

• Options
    In today's "rich people are out of touch" news, Elon Musk continues to be Elon Musk.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »

Tinder or Bumble?

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Family of five blocking the metro exit trying to figure out how to use the card reader.

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »

Tinder or Bumble?

Tillamook

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    cwbh0EJl.jpg

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Family of five blocking the metro exit trying to figure out how to use the card reader.

I am at a different office today

It requires me to go to this station which feeds several different train lines into a 4 way intersection

No one has any idea what to do so you’re either nearly always trampling someone or about to get trampled

Then you get to the train platform and everyone stands at the top of the stairs because it lets more people near the Grand Central exit

A model of engineering, if there ever was one

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    In today's "rich people are out of touch" news, Elon Musk continues to be Elon Musk.
    40 million dollar fine. You think that would be a lesson, because it's against the law to literally defraud investors on twitter.

This discussion has been closed.