As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My four year old would probably do that given the opportunity but he'll also just eat a handful of butter so he's just a monster.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The end of the recent Get On My Level is excellent. I've had some of those finishes to levels before and its always exciting.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    That Ben tweet is evergreen, what a high dog
    My four year old would probably do that given the opportunity but he'll also just eat a handful of butter so he's just a monster.

... Yeah as a child I didn't know how to food so if I was hungry and no-one was home I'd have a peanut butter sandwich

Made of margarine and peanut butter wedged between two slices of plastic cheese. If I was feeling healthy I'd use one slice of cheese and fold it back on itself
    Children are bad.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    That Ben tweet is evergreen, what a high dog

... Yeah as a child I didn't know how to food so if I was hungry and no-one was home I'd have a peanut butter sandwich

Made of margarine and peanut butter wedged between two slices of plastic cheese. If I was feeling healthy I'd use one slice of cheese and fold it back on itself
    Children are bad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    ahhh I can't with this Ranking of Fighters. So much mashing in Alpha!

EDIT: this ironically served as a Quick Look for SFA Anniversary. Man I really don't like how they set up VS Mode in this collection.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Vinny/Drew Stream currently live. For Bike for MS.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I heart drew

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    The Steam fighting game featured on Ranking of Fighters looks completely broken.

It also got ranked waaaaay too high.

• Options
    I'll be honest. I love Street Fighter Alpha (chain combos!!!!) and I think it got ranked WAY too high. But I guess you can't argue science.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the ranking part of ranking of fighters is totally drunk at this point.

still a good show though.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I am so confused as to what they are trying to do in this DCS mission. You're not going to hit a ship with sidewinder air to air missiles. Still Drew and Vinny are always fun.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    That Remnant play date confirmed that I’d love to play it but that I can’t fathom doing it solo.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    You're not going to hit a ship with sidewinder air to air missiles.

Well not with that attitude.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    You're not going to hit a ship with sidewinder air to air missiles.

Well not with that attitude.

*calmly sits in a leather armchair*
    Even if it hits, a Sidewinder's relatively puny 9 kg warhead is designed to shred airplanes with shrapnel, not punch holes into the side of ships.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I actually find these distinctions interesting because it reminds me there’s more engineering involved than “things that blow things up, will blow them up.”

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I don't think the current F-14 has an anti-ship weapon implemented in DCS. The Harpoon is only on the F/A-18. So I'm not really sure what they had outside of guns and dumb bombs to even hit a ship lol.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I feel I'd definitely have a bad time getting hit by a 9kg anything tbh

Bless Vinny tho

• Options
    I feel I'd definitely have a bad time getting hit by a 9kg anything tbh

Bless Vinny tho

*channels the spirit of The Clancy*
    If you are a 30 ton fighter plane, the holes the 9 kg of explosive plus fragmented casing are going to mess up your unprotected internals. If you are a ship with a 1000+ ton displacement, maybe some of your sailors have a bad tuesday, but you will still be afloat and fighting back. It's also why I roll eyes at the plane battles in Independence Day. Given the size of the alien ships, volleys of sidewinders was not going to do the job.

Sorry, sometimes my inner grognard gets loose.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Wasn't there something about them loading some juiced-up missiles, or am I misremembering film classics again

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

I don’t know why but I always felt amusing Waypoint stuff belonged in this thread.

• Options
    Wasn't there something about them loading some juiced-up missiles, or am I misremembering film classics again

Stargate SG-1? They juiced up many of their their missiles with Naquadah.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Waypoint Radio seems to have given up on those algorithmically inserted ads that absolutely never worked for some old fashioned ad reads.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Waypoint Radio seems to have given up on those algorithmically inserted ads that absolutely never worked for some old fashioned ad reads.

An algorithm that didn't work? giphy.gif

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Their add read is incredibly long. Something in the range of 3-5 minutes which is getting a bit excessive. I'll at least give them props for somehow having multiple add reads for the same temperature controlled bedding thing.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

I don’t know why but I always felt amusing Waypoint stuffbelonged in this thread.

it's because of Austin and his connection.

also I guess that explains why there are very few waypoint things in this thread then

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Their add read is incredibly long. Something in the range of 3-5 minutes which is getting a bit excessive. I'll at least give them props for somehow having multiple add reads for the same temperature controlled bedding thing.

You can hear on each and every one of them how un-enthused they are about having to do them. To the point that if I were the sponsor, I would be sending notes like "Seriously? You have to at least try guys. I get it, its mattresses, but you have to try."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »

I don’t know why but I always felt amusing Waypoint stuffbelonged in this thread.

it's because of Austin and his connection.

also I guess that explains why there are very few waypoint things in this thread then

Also Patrick.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    The one ad I heard was all about how Patrick wanted a comfortable bed for Katie while she was pregnant, or whatever.

At this point, Waypoint Radio routinely cracks the 3 hour mark, so they should just go full Bombcast and start calling on the Small Business Man for these.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Aww, I am going to miss the algorithm ads.

Because I only ever got a single one.
    Apparently Dutch 38y fell in 0 categories for years.

I was really suprised about 6 months ago when I got a British government sponsored 'prepare for Brexit' one.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten the ads you folks are talking about so there's still an algorithm in play

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Aww, I am going to miss the algorithm ads.

Because I only ever got a single one.
    Apparently Dutch 38y fell in 0 categories for years.

I was really suprised about 6 months ago when I got a British government sponsored 'prepare for Brexit' one.

I hope you listened to it, cos I think at least one person on the planet should be prepared for Brexit.

• Options
    Man, this recent Bombcast both kinda sold me on, then immediately and completely unsold me on, the new Borderlands game.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Man, this recent Bombcast both kinda sold me on, then immediately and completely unsold me on, the new Borderlands game.

it's really fun if you are ok with more borderlands with a few improvements (ie mantling). I'm actually surprised how much jeff didn't like it but i think he also super hates his class.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »

it's really fun if you are ok with more borderlands with a few improvements (ie mantling). I'm actually surprised how much jeff didn't like it but i think he also super hates his class.

Jeff has been chasing the highs of playing Roland and I can't blame him. Dude could heal teammates by shooting them!

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    It makes sense that Jeff hates his class.

He is too cool for school, afterall.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I kind of feel bad for any of the other games coming out this month, since BL3 has basically consumed my play time right now just because... it’s fun.

Control is just sitting around here in the EGS launcher, and I should try to finish it sometime... but ehhhhhh. Can’t muster the energy to fire it up.

Next week is going to make it even *worse.*

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I mean, are you having fun with Control?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2019
    It's the GB curse. Control (which the loved) apparently sold real bad vs BL3 (which they hate) has sold much more than its predecessor (BL2 not PSQ).

edit: TBH (and this is something I wish he worked on) Jason appears to love it but he was drowned out by Jeff's rant (tm). Even Ben was a bit more positive on it.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    It's the GB curse. Control (which the loved) apparently sold real bad vs BL3 (which they hate) has sold much more than its predecessor (BL2 not PSQ).

edit: TBH (and this is something I wish he worked on) Jason appears to love it but he was drowned out by Jeff's rant (tm). Even Ben was a bit more positive on it.

Control is a game I look forward to getting on sale after it comes out on Steam.

Borderlands 3 is a game I look forward to never playing.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

???

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
This discussion has been closed.