As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Kid I knew in school way back when would regularly devour a huge bowl of cottage cheese absolutely smothered in ketchup.

It has been years but I will never forget that horrible imagery.

Ugh, cottage cheese. You don't even need to mention the ketchup for that to be gross.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2019
    I really like Zelda 2. I think it is unfairly judged because of just how different it was from the first game.

But I respected that era of gaming where sequels were allowed to try drastically new things out. Zelda 2 was nothing like Zelda 1, Castlevania 2 was nothing like the action platform it was a sequel to and actually kind of proto-birthed the metroidvania genre...

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Zelda 2 basically taught me how to read.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I loved Zelda 2, and it was probably the first NES game where I had to call Nintendo's game counselors to figure out where to go at some point.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I think most of my dislike for Zelda 2 is that I'm very bad at old school 2D platformer stuff, so I couldn't really get very far in the game. Which whatever, it was the style at the time, but I think it holds up very, very poorly.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I can't decide if Burgle my Bananas is a great thing or an awful thing.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    As someone currently drinking iced coffee combined with cola, I cannot throw stones at Rorie.

wtf lol. I think my only food quirk right now is maybe putting Ketchup on white rice.

I wish you could see my face right now

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I also did ketchup on eggs/ketchup on white rice. The whole point of the white rice is that it cuts the strong flavor of the ketchup.

But I also understand people who think this combo is gross

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I can't decide if Burgle my Bananas is a great thing or an awful thing.

It's a great awful thing

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    As someone currently drinking iced coffee combined with cola, I cannot throw stones at Rorie.

I’m less picky than I used to be but I have a thing about food textures, so I’m not that into experimenting.

But yeah I mean, don’t mind me. Eat what you like. I just made the worst face when Rorie said that.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Achievement Unlocked - Do a Dan Food thing.

I feel so proud.

I gotta share this Vinny tweet it's so perfect:
    r003ld6gxpkv.png

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I mostly use tonkatsu sauce or siracha or chipotle aioli on my eggs these days but I ain't afraid to toss some ketchup on there. I just don't do ketchup that much anymore.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    I know tons of people that put ketchup on eggs, so i'm with Satan on this one.
    If I still did forum signatures, this would be a strong candidate.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I also did ketchup on eggs/ketchup on white rice. The whole point of the white rice is that it cuts the strong flavor of the ketchup.

But I also understand people who think this combo is gross

If you need to cut the flavor of the ketchup why not just not add ketchup?

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Cut the flavour, not cut out the flavour.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

wtf lol. I think my only food quirk right now is maybe putting Ketchup on white rice.

wtf?

it was worse. I put ketchup on eggs when I was a kid.

That sounds patently less worse to me tbh.

I know tons of people that put ketchup on eggs, so i'm with Satan on this one.

I'll take "Great Out of Context Posts" for 200, Alex.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    re: Ketchup and eggs

Ketchup is me and my daughters favorite condiment. She likes it on eggs but I do not...it's just something about the color, consistency and smell the combination creates. It makes some deep, hidden part of me recoil in disgust.

Humans are weird is what I'm saying.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I mostly use tonkatsu sauce or siracha or chipotle aioli on my eggs these days but I ain't afraid to toss some ketchup on there. I just don't do ketchup that much anymore.

Ooh tonkatsu sauce. I'm going to have to try that.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I can't wait for today's breaking Brad.
    Brad is playing that new Romero episode of Doom and, unbeknownst to him, is on the last level. (He thinks there's two left, but one of them is a sequel level that Brad already missed the entrance for on a previous level.

I can't wait to see his reaction when he figures that out.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Im a Tabasco sauce and eggs guy myself. Throw a bit of pepper on there too and perfection.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    As a 42-year old man, I still like ketchup on my eggs. I'm happy to occasionally substitute with a salsa, though.

Back when my wife was eating gluten, she'd smear ketchup on top of Tombstone pizzas, which grossed me out.
    this is the worst food crime i've ever read, it grossed me out on a physical level just now

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    As a 42-year old man, I still like ketchup on my eggs. I'm happy to occasionally substitute with a salsa, though.

Back when my wife was eating gluten, she'd smear ketchup on top of Tombstone pizzas, which grossed me out.
    this is the worst food crime i've ever read, it grossed me out on a physical level just now

The good news is that she doesn't do it anymore since a Tombstone pizza would make her ill now. And she doesn't put ketchup on real pizza. It was only ever Tombstones. And she defends doing it to this very day.

What do you want on your Tombstone, indeed.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Maybe the next time Rorie talks over everyone with advice on topics he has no experience with or knowledge of, Vinny can pop in and tell him to write it in his journal.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Hi dad didn’t know u were on these boards!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Glal wrote: »
    You can't watch a slice of life anime series without seeing an omelette with ketchup on it, it's not exactly an out there combination.

trivia about that food: it's actually omelette-style eggs over a mound of chicken and ketchup fried rice, in addition to whatever ketchup is used for decoration on top of the eggs, so that dish is super ketchup-y all around

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    You can't watch a slice of life anime series without seeing an omelette with ketchup on it, it's not exactly an out there combination.

trivia about that food: it's actually omelette-style eggs over a mound of chicken and ketchup fried rice, in addition to whatever ketchup is used for decoration on top of the eggs, so that dish is super ketchup-y all around

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omurice

Yep! I really need to learn to like eggs at some point. Because omelettes sound awesome in theory.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Omurice is great. We do it for breakfast every month or so but go tonkatsu sauce (which is essentially ketchup, soy sauce and worcestershire) instead of straight ketchup.

Oh, and that kewpie Japanese mayo, too.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    tonkatsu sauce (which is essentially ketchup, soy sauce and worcestershire)
    Just stick it in mah mouth!

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Red or Green Tabasco on eggs for me, literally tried a dash of mirin in my scrambled eggs for the first time this week.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Doesn't mirin need to be boiled off? Or do you mean adding it to the mixture before you scramble it

re: eggs, I've taken to cutting out plain salt on my eggs and replacing it with any/or combination of garlic powder/onion powder/white pepper
    re: other gross combinations, I've always been a fan of... sour cola bottles and plain greek yoghurt. come at me bros

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Looking forward to the Remnant playdate tomorrow.

That game is having a slow burn it feels like.

• Options
    tonkatsu sauce (which is essentially ketchup, soy sauce and worcestershire)
    Just stick it in mah mouth!

It's the best shit. I keep a bottle of Bulldog in the fridge at all times after experiencing it.

If you don't have a local Asian grocery (it's Japanese but a lot of bigger Asian marts will have food from all over if yours isn't specifically Japanese) you can whip up a pretty good alternative that is equal parts ketchup and Worcestershire and a couple of teaspoons of soy.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Remnant playdate tomorrow.

That game is having a slow burn it feels like.

Yeah our thread here slowed down a ton (I had to go to like page 4 to dig it up to talk about it and it hasnt been a month yet). I think using the words 'bloodborne' or 'souls' anywhere near it is a disservice. I dont think people who like those games will like this for the same reasons, and people who dislike it will avoid it (I know I did)

They announced they would be releasing a bunch of free/paid content, a free dungeon is getting added soon. They just added 'adventure mode' which lets you reroll a dungeon to play all the way through seperate from your campaign which is pretty cool.

Ben: "We need another mug"
    Jeff with "Does the new mug just have a picture of Matt Rorie on it?" on stream yesterday was amazing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    captaink on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I like the idea of Pack in the Saddle.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If I remember my high school science class correctly, ketchup and ice cream on average have around the same amount of sugar per oz.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Doesn't mirin need to be boiled off? Or do you mean adding it to the mixture before you scramble it

Added to mixture prior scrambling then cooked through.

I loved the remnant play date and it’s good to see them enjoying the game. It’s such a fun game and great surprise game that came out of nowhere.

Also I may have been the person who suggested for them to shoot the vendor in the head. Glad they did, was worth it. :)

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    If I remember my high school science class correctly, ketchup and ice cream on average have around the same amount of sugar per oz.

Yeah, but when's the last time you sat down and ate 32oz of ketchup in one go?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
This discussion has been closed.