As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox/XBL] Battlefront II SP Sucked (but Gavankar was great): A Retrospective

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Cross-console support coming to PUBG. (Very) Slowly but surely things are changing.

Whoa this is nice! I play PUBG with my brother but now I won't event have to activate my dusty PS4 to do it!

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    AH, Vigor--Norway Royale. I meant to try that out over the weekend.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »
    AH, Vigor--Norway Royale. I meant to try that out over the weekend.

I downloaded the game preview when they showed it off a while ago, but never loaded it up. I did like the look of it

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    I should know better, but I'm still holding my breath for something, anything, for Flight Simulator.

PC gaming is big in Germany, so i wouldn't be surprised if they show something. of course that's assuming they have anything to show. don't think we got much of an indication on how far along it is in development at E3.

Remember, this upcoming Flight Simulator is coming to Xbox One as well, so it wouldn't just be PC gaming related. I'd really like to see how close to the PC version they'll be able to keep it.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They're hyping up X019 something fierce.

• Options
    Nitsua wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    I should know better, but I'm still holding my breath for something, anything, for Flight Simulator.

PC gaming is big in Germany, so i wouldn't be surprised if they show something. of course that's assuming they have anything to show. don't think we got much of an indication on how far along it is in development at E3.

Remember, this upcoming Flight Simulator is coming to Xbox One as well, so it wouldn't just be PC gaming related. I'd really like to see how close to the PC version they'll be able to keep it.

Honestly, given the collapse of the flight simulator genre as a whole, and the pillars that came out of the ashes that crash....we're probably going to see a release model comparable to Eagle Dynamics' DCS in terms of much tighter content control than back in FSX. So, putting aside controller and display support, the game might be very similar between Xbox and PC (which'll be necessary because no one in hell do they not make that cross-platform multiplayer compatible). DLC modules (which were a thing back in FSX, and co-exist with modding today), scaling graphics across platforms (including older PCs), etc.

• Options
    It'll be interesting to see if Greedfall is actually 60 FPS.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I look forward to beating this game five times for every faction ending, and engaging in dumb relationship storylines in Greedfall.

edit: also need to go back and play The Surge... Elex too.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    "July was the hottest month in the recorded history, the planet is on fire, but on the bright side, lots of games!"

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Okay, that dark blue (indigo?) controller...is pretty damn nice looking.

Also, video clip of a controller designed to confuse detection by German Uboats back in 1942.

9ninuz4t3vbh.jpg

What is that? I can't see it clearly!

• Options
    Wow, The Surge 2--the Souls-esque sequel that...no one asked for? :?

• Options

People are thirsty for scifi-Souls.

• Options
    edited August 2019

It's not Souls-esque though. Really diminishes the game to describe it as such. That perception kind of hurt it (and a lot of other games).

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

The Surge was actually pretty good. a clear step up from Lords of the Fallen and The Surge 2 looks to be a similar improvement. i'm definitely looking forward to it.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Haha... "look the way you to look." Really Bungie?

Really?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited August 2019

It's not Souls-esque though. Really diminishes the game to describe it as such. That perception kind of hurt it (and a lot of other games).

I honestly thought it was (and so does Undead Scottsman by the looks of it?)

Synthesis on
  • Options
    I've never played it, so I could easily be wrong.

• Options
    Wait, did that just suggest that Jack is playable in Horde Mode? HOly shit!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    never really gotten into the Gears multiplayer stuff, but the new Horde mode is sounding pretty cool.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands 2: Tom Clanicer Ghostier Reconiest Wildlands

I'd much, much rather that than The Division 3: With A Ghost Recon-y Skin On It that it appeared to be before. Or is it still? I wasn't able to watch.

I loved Wildlands (unexpectedly, I must admit, but it became my 2017 GOTY), and bounced super hard off The Division, so I have been strongly in "wait and see" mode for this one. You keep your Division out of my Wildlands, Ubisoft.

Jazz on
  • Options

It's "souls-like" in the sense that any 3d shooter with guns and keys is a "doom-like" or something. If you die you drop your stuff, if you die again you don't get it back, it's likely that you'll die a lot. There's no multi/invasions in Surge (at all). Progression is driven by the slicing and stuff, and is generally very methodical. There's only a few bosses.

But the "Souls-like" label really needs to go away, imo.

• Options
    From what I played, Wildlands was indeed superior to The Division, typical TC cringy-ness aside.
    Wait, did that just suggest that Jack is playable in Horde Mode? HOly shit!

Looks like it. "That's right, pathetic peasants confined to the ground! Fight! Fight and die for my amusement as I fly over you!"

• Options

It's "souls-like" in the sense that any 3d shooter with guns and keys is a "doom-like" or something. If you die you drop your stuff, if you die again you don't get it back, it's likely that you'll die a lot. There's no multi/invasions in Surge (at all). Progression is driven by the slicing and stuff, and is generally very methodical. There's only a few bosses.

I honestly don't particularly like the actual Dark Souls franchise (never played Bloodborne), but the term seems extremely pervasive.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I thought Wildlands was inferior to The Division honestly.

The AI was kind of clownshoes in Wildlands, vehicle physics (and control) felt like amateur work compared to GTA and the DLC was basically a chore.

Getting 100% achievements in that cured me of any further interest in the franchise, not sure I’d play Breakpoint even for free.

Sirialis on
  • Options

I honestly don't particularly like the actual Dark Souls franchise (never played Bloodborne), but the term seems extremely pervasive.

Yeah, it's not going away. but it hurts more than it helps as a descriptor, imo.

• Options
    Did it really takes this long to get a Halo/Gears crossover?

• Options
    edited August 2019
    From what I played, Wildlands was indeed superior to The Division, typical TC cringy-ness aside.

Just don't force me to play with other human players if I don't want to, and when I shoot someone, don't have numbers flying off them until they fall over. I want to be able to headshot dudes from half a mile out with a silenced sniper rifle as long as I am tall, and then sneak up on their mates when they're looking the other way.

Which reminds me, where the hell is my new Splinter Cell.

Jazz on
  • Options

I'm not watching along, what does this mean?

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I thought Wildlands was inferior to The Division honestly.

The AI was kind of clownshoes in Wildlands, vehicle physics (and control) felt like the intern designed it and the DLC was basically a chore.

Getting 100% achievements in that cured me of any further interest in the franchise, not sure I’d play Breakpoint even for free.

It certainly wasn't perfect. I ignored the DLC after seeing a lot of bad about it, and the vehicle control was awful. (Actually I liked the original helicopter control, glad they put that back in, much hilarity could ensue from that.)

• Options

Emile and Kat are in Gears of War 5's horde mode as heroes.

• Options

Some Halo Reach characters are coming to Gears 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpZIUGE9xA

• Options

Emile and Kat are in Gears of War 5's horde mode as heroes.

A very safe, very acceptable type of crossover. The Terminator is getting into Gears 5 multiplayer after all.

• Options
    Huh, neat

Not the characters I'd have expected them to use

• Options
    It's kinda weird that they never add Master Chief to any of these crossovers.

• Options
    Emile uses a knife! Gears love stabbing things... and Kat uh... uh... hmm.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Emile uses a knife! Gears love stabbing things... and Kat uh... uh... hmm.

She did die in a manner that would make her the lost Carmine sister.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    yeah, that's about all I remember about her from the game.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Damn, that Reach crossover actually looks sweet.

• Options
    yeah, that's about all I remember about her from the game.

I'm the same with the characters from Reach in general.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Yeah... I think Emile and Jun are the only ones that were memorable, and Jun (the sniper) only because he shows up in other media.

tastydonuts on
This discussion has been closed.