As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox/XBL] Battlefront II SP Sucked (but Gavankar was great): A Retrospective

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    And remember that traditionally 2 months after a Forza game goes GwG it and all of the DLC get delisted permanently.

So if you want it, it’s kinda now or never.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    And remember that traditionally 2 months after a Forza game goes GwG it and all of the DLC get delisted permanently.

Cars have licenses too!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

True. I ended up buying it because even if I never play FM6 again, Turn 10 deserves part of $5 from me.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Stumbled upon an original Xbox copy of The Warriors today. Sadly it's not BC on 360 or Xbone, but I can still dig out the ancient beast to play it on. I've never played it but remembered it's something of a cult classic, so looking forward to bringing it out to play-ayyyy (sorry).

It was very fun. I am super biased by my love for the movie though. The got a large number of the cast to do voice work for it too. It's one of the games I wish would get BC or a remaster.

It's fucking awesome and I'll fight you!

• Options
    Stumbled upon an original Xbox copy of The Warriors today. Sadly it's not BC on 360 or Xbone, but I can still dig out the ancient beast to play it on. I've never played it but remembered it's something of a cult classic, so looking forward to bringing it out to play-ayyyy (sorry).

Pretty much the only reason why I go into gamestops and the like these days are to dig for oldies and out of prints. they must think I'm some kind of gaming hobo at times. rural mall gamestops and the like tend to have a lot of oldies.

Best Buy, and stuff also tend to have some interesting finds too.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

Pretty much the only reason why I go into gamestops and the like these days are to dig for oldies and out of prints. they must think I'm some kind of gaming hobo at times. rural mall gamestops and the like tend to have a lot of oldies.

Best Buy, and stuff also tend to have some interesting finds too.

Near me there's really only one place that has old game stuff in a B&M store. It's called CEX, and it's actually nationwide. But it stocks a remarkable amount of stuff in-store and, although its bread & butter is obviously current gen, last gen (360/PS3) and used smartphones, on occasion it can be a goldmine. And for the most part they don't charge stupid money.

They had about three Gamecubes in today. And a Saturn (although IMO that was a tad overpriced, but in fairness Saturn stuff is starting to go that way now - which is why we desperately need a Saturn Classic Mini).

They're about the only place that does used Blu-rays too, besides charity shops.

We have GAME over here too, which is more your EB/Gamestop type store. Current gen with crazy prices for used, a shelf or two of previous gen in constant B2G1 sales and suchlike, and merch. Very rarely worth looking in, really.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular

Haha. No fight here. I have a replica vest based on a movie used one, a number of autographs from the cast, and a bunch of the Mezco figs. I think pretty highly of the game but again I didn’t want to speak for others that might not be obsessed with the movie.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Haha. No fight here. I have a replica vest based on a movie used one, a number of autographs from the cast, and a bunch of the Mezco figs. I think pretty highly of the game but again I didn’t want to speak for others that might not be obsessed with the movie.

Movie's good. But the game is terriffic. It and Gladius need to become BC PDQ.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Movie's good. But the game is terriffic. It and Gladius need to become BC PDQ.

Gladius is at least sort of BC elsewhere (on the Wii, which can play the Gamecube version).

Not the same, I know...

• Options
    Playing Remnant: From the Ashes, like it so far. Hitting those mid-tier game beats rather nicely.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so you can now redeem Game Pass Ultimate subs from Microsoft rewards. 1 month and 3 months only, but its nice to be able to grab those and not have to deal with working out the optimal conversion of Live or standard Game Pass subs.

• Options
    interesting, how many points per? I usually just buy $100 gift cards.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    How the fuck do you get enough reward points for a $100 gift card???

• Options

12K for 1 month, 35K for 3 months.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

The problem with the gift cards is that they are expiring funds if I recall so you can’t just get one and then let the funds sit until you want something.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Crippl3 wrote: »

If you regularly buy games and things, that adds up. I think I still have the higher rate from my gamerscore applied to this too? I forget.
    I use bing as my search engine, and have gotten into the habit of "elderly internet user"ing things up instead of actually going directly to places I want.
    I do the rewards things as I feel like doing them too.

It all adds up. But primarily purchases.

edit: and before that I buy the store cards at 10-15% off.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Microsoft Rewards run tons of point earning opportunities each month with stuff like using Bing as your your primary search engine, taking a few small surveys, etc...

If you don't want/need pre order DLC or ultimate editions of games they typically run 1-2 games a month where if you buy a digital version of a high profile game (current one is Madden) within 2 weeks of the release date date you get 6000 bonus points. Buy small amounts of in-game currency for F2P games and earn a couple of achievements get 15-2500 points, buy/rent 3 movies over $4 each in a month get 2500 bonus points, etc...

Just in my normal purchasing routine in the Microsoft store I can rack up around 10-12000 points in purchases every month, with another 15-20K in bonuses and quest rewards.

So I can get 3 or 4 $100 gift cards a year without grinding or farming and spending a shitload for stuff I don't actually want/need.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Yeah I buy a lot of stuff digitally so that’s where most of my rewards come from, I don’t bother with the bing stuff

• Options

Microsoft Rewards run tons of point earning opportunities each month with stuff like using Bing as your your primary search engine, taking a few small surveys, etc...

If you don't want/need pre order DLC or ultimate editions of games they typically run 1-2 games a month where if you buy a digital version of a high profile game (current one is Madden) within 2 weeks of the release date date you get 6000 bonus points. Buy small amounts of in-game currency for F2P games and earn a couple of achievements get 15-2500 points, buy/rent 3 movies over $4 each in a month get 2500 bonus points, etc...

Just in my normal purchasing routine in the Microsoft store I can rack up around 10-12000 points in purchases every month, with another 15-20K in bonuses and quest rewards.

So I can get 3 or 4 $100 gift cards a year without grinding or farming and spending a shitload for stuff I don't actually want/need.

You could be most (or even all) of the way to the next console, provided those gift cards don't have expiration dates (the small $5 or $10 ones I get for rewards, using Edge, etc., do).

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    So I don't know where to put this but I saw an ad on youtube I actually watched all the way through for Greedfall, and am I wrong in thinking it looks good and worthwhile, like a Dragon Age only in magic 17th century quasi mediterranean island? I have heard nothing about it and just doing a search here brings up two things.

But then again with how little is actually out there and the game about a month away, is this just normal PC/console RPG bamboozling?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    So I don't know where to put this but I saw an ad on youtube I actually watched all the way through for Greedfall, and am I wrong in thinking it looks good and worthwhile, like a Dragon Age only in magic 17th century quasi mediterranean island? I have heard nothing about it and just doing a search here brings up two things.

But then again with how little is actually out there and the game about a month away, is this just normal PC/console RPG bamboozling?

My brother was hyping it up to me, it does look interesting

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

I'd say it's more a symptom of the continued contraction of game sites -- nowadays indie/smaller developers don't get previewed much (if at all).

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options

If you like games by Spiders (Technomancers, etc.), you'll probably like it.

Games by Spiders fall under the umbrella of things best to not talk about because if you bring them up, the conversation will undoubtedly turn into people hating on games by Spiders.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    n/m, i'm an idiot.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    New inside xbox tomorrow at 8am PST (yay gamescom time)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I thought they cancelled inside xbox?

edit: or rather they let all the hosts go except for major nelson?

tastydonuts on
  • Options

No, they just fired a bunch of people who worked on it and pushed it to being a "sometimes" show instead of every month.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Nice, Bungie on stage at an Xbox event

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

No, they just fired a bunch of people who worked on it and pushed it to being a "sometimes" show instead of every month.

Sounds like this is their Gamescom presentation. At least it'll probably have more than five minutes' worth of info this time.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited August 2019

edit: or rather they let all the hosts go except for major nelson?

I think Larry Hyrb was technically a guest on Inside Xbox--pretty sure his title is in fact still "Director of Programming" at Xbox. Same thing with Jeff Rubenstein and a bunch of other people who were effectively regulars on Inside Xbox.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

I’ve started to see videos for it pop up in my YouTube feed, over the last 10 days or so.

I’m really tempted by it, as it would nicely tide me over until the new Destiny expansion arrives.

It definitely looks like a modern Dragon Age.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

Ooh, I forgot Wasteland 3 will be included in Gamepass.

Really looking forward to it.

Has there been any mention of the Gears of War tactical turn based game since its E3 announcement way back when ? Was that this year or last years ?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

I’ve started to see videos for it pop up in my YouTube feed, over the last 10 days or so.

I’m really tempted by it, as it would nicely tide me over until the new Destiny expansion arrives.

It definitely looks like a modern Dragon Age.

Just watched the trailer on the store page. I think I’m intrigued by everything about it except the combat which does appear to be very similar to DA:I, and was probably my least favorite part of that game and the DA series as a whole.

• Options
    M-Vickers wrote: »

Ooh, I forgot Wasteland 3 will be included in Gamepass.

Really looking forward to it.

Has there been any mention of the Gears of War tactical turn based game since its E3 announcement way back when ? Was that this year or last years ?

Not really; they haven't even said if it's coming to Xbox yet.

And it was an E3 2018 announcement.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Goddamn I’m so sick of games with gold never updating. The icon tile has a picture of forza 6, but when I click it it still loads the first half of the months games. I don’t know if this is a regional thing or what, hard resetting used to fix it but not anymore

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Between $5 bucks for all Forza 6 has to offer and a chance to finally finish Lords of Shadow 1, this is one of my favorite GwG months ever.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I had completely forgotten that Patrick Stewart was in Lords of Shadow. Never played the sequel, the last time I saw this was the original Xbox 360 demo.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Fuck, couldn't resist $5 for all of forza dlc. I played the shit put of the console release one, 4 ? It'll be nice to have a new car game to jump to and 6 felt good. $5 and xbox live gold for forza 6 complete? Yes please.

What's funny is ingot the xbox and forza at release to take care of my new puppy. Kinect voice controls were awesome for that. My little girl is due October 17th so maybe I'll play this one while taking care of her.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I had completely forgotten that Patrick Stewart was in Lords of Shadow. Never played the sequel, the last time I saw this was the original Xbox 360 demo.

Holy cow were the rest of the LOS games disappointing. I really enjoyed LOS1 a lot. But then I really couldn't get into Mirror of Fate at all, but still had to watch videos of on YouTube because it turned out to be pretty important to the overall story. Then LOS2 ended up being worse than LOS1 in just about every measurable way.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Oof, that sucks. I felt like they were gradually finding their groove.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
This discussion has been closed.