As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    So everyone can get the shot and I can't find an appointment anywhere. Hooray.

You using this?

https://vaccinelocator.doh.wa.gov/

It's not great, takes a lot of clicking, but I was able to find both my shots using the website

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Try Kaiser Permanente if you haven't yet, we were able to book ours for Saturday through them just yesterday. You don't need to be a member or whatever.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    The mass vacc site up at Arlington Airport had a few hundred spots yesterday. It's a bit of a drive, but I'm headed up there later today for jab #1.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Try Kaiser Permanente if you haven't yet, we were able to book ours for Saturday through them just yesterday. You don't need to be a member or whatever.

I signed up through their site but I'm waiting for the code to like actually register

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    So everyone can get the shot and I can't find an appointment anywhere. Hooray.

You using this?

https://vaccinelocator.doh.wa.gov/

It's not great, takes a lot of clicking, but I was able to find both my shots using the website

That's the one I've been using no spots found for me.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Plenty of spots up in Whatcom county

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

I signed up through their site but I'm waiting for the code to like actually register

Call 'em at 1-800-352-3610 (per https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/washington/health-wellness/coronavirus-information/vaccine-appointments and also the number I called)

Steam profile
  • Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    Got an appointment for tomorrow at the Microsoft site in Redmond- but I called the phone number rather than waiting for them to mail me back via the online pre-registration. Took about 40 minutes wait time.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Got my first shot today. Made an appointment online last week. It's Eastern Washington, so there were a ton of slots available. It was at the fairgrounds and was actually pretty cool. They set up a drive-thru vaccination tent with like 4 lanes. Drive in, get your info taken, make sure you're registered, get basic health information, then give you the shot. Then you drive up and park for 15 minutes and then you're out of there. I don't know how common drive-thru vaccination sites are, but I found it to be novel.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Refreshing the Kroger site continually I got an appointment for next Tuesday. Wonder if there's a way to cancel those preregistrations I did or if it doesn't matter.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Got my first shot today. Made an appointment online last week. It's Eastern Washington, so there were a ton of slots available. It was at the fairgrounds and was actually pretty cool. They set up a drive-thru vaccination tent with like 4 lanes. Drive in, get your info taken, make sure you're registered, get basic health information, then give you the shot. Then you drive up and park for 15 minutes and then you're out of there. I don't know how common drive-thru vaccination sites are, but I found it to be novel.

Yeah that is how they did it here too. The line for cars was out of the fairgrounds to the 'highway' which was the feel good part for when I went for ladyjubs. Good mile or so line of cars. Took us an hour and a half to get through and it was moving a decent clip.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Yeah that is how they did it here too. The line for cars was out of the fairgrounds to the 'highway' which was the feel good part for when I went for ladyjubs. Good mile or so line of cars. Took us an hour and a half to get through and it was moving a decent clip.

Dang! I had a relatively early appointment and I got there a bit early, so I was in and out in less than an hour including waiting for them to start. It was during a workday, though, so I get why it wouldn't be too packed.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    The legislation to ban gas cars by 2030 passed. Several plateaus to pass for it to take effect by then but yeah its heading to Inslees desk.

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The legislation to ban gas cars by 2030 passed. Several plateaus to pass for it to take effect by then but yeah its heading to Inslees desk.

Awesome!

Reading up on it, the legislation also requires that 75% of vehicles on the road be covered by a tax on in-state mileage, prior to the ban being in effect. Given that the implementation details of that has been a real hot-button issue (GPS tracking by the state, for example), that may be a blocking issue.

Either way, at least it opens an avenue to getting a better variety of electric cars on the road. We have a Niro EV that is great, ergonomic issues for tall drivers (me) aside.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Doc wrote: »

Awesome!

Reading up on it, the legislation also requires that 75% of vehicles on the road be covered by a tax on in-state mileage, prior to the ban being in effect. Given that the implementation details of that has been a real hot-button issue (GPS tracking by the state, for example), that may be a blocking issue.

Either way, at least it opens an avenue to getting a better variety of electric cars on the road. We have a Niro EV that is great, ergonomic issues for tall drivers (me) aside.

Why wouldn't you just require yearly odometer readings?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

Awesome!

Issues with taxing out of state car usage.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »

Awesome!

Issues with taxing out of state car usage.

bah, just make people submit an affidavit if they want to exempt miles

I'm sure people will cheat but who cares, maybe investigate the 1% most suspicious claims and let the rest go
    it's not like people don't already constantly cheat their car taxes by registering in the wrong counties or just running around on out of state plates for years

or my favorites, getting "collector" plates for their daily drivers

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Apparently the GOP’s big hope for unseating Patty Murray in the Senate is a Tri-Cities veterans advocate named Tiffany Smiley.

No she doesn’t have any experience in government, how dare you ask such a question. Her big claim to fame is becoming one of these evangelical inspiration stories about how her veteran husband lost his sight in Iraq and through the power of faith blah blah blah you know how this patter goes.

She’s also young and pretty which the GOP may be hoping to contrast with Patty Murray who looks like an amalgam of 1000 Moms.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Apparently the GOP’s big hope for unseating Patty Murray in the Senate is a Tri-Cities veterans advocate named Tiffany Smiley.

No she doesn’t have any experience in government, how dare you ask such a question. Her big claim to fame is becoming one of these evangelical inspiration stories about how her veteran husband lost his sight in Iraq and through the power of faith blah blah blah you know how this patter goes.

She’s also young and pretty which the GOP may be hoping to contrast with Patty Murray who looks like an amalgam of 1000 Moms.

So she probably has a good chance based on how long patty has been in office and how stupid this state can be.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

So she probably has a good chance based on how long patty has been in office and how stupid this state can be.

eh, it's been 25 years since we elected a republican senator
    over 30 since we elected a non-incumbent one

We might do it occasionally for the governor but I don't think we're gonna turn into one of those weird new england type states

• Options
    God damn everywhere I look is just booked on vaccine appointments. I don't know if that's today, this week, next month who fucking knows you can't tell shit from the myriad of websites you have to surrender information on and never get a spot for.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I'm not arguing with the latter but the former is literally the opposite of how Senate races work, which is kind of a huge problem.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Been having trouble finding an appointment using the website. Fortunately, when I took my roomie down to get stuck this morning, the nice Healthpoint folks either took pity on me or had a spare dose and got me hooked up. Little woozy, but not any worse than what I get from motion sickness. We'll see what tomorrow brings tho

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I know some of the vaccination sites just have a "people missed their appointments" line that you can get in closer to the site closing up for the day, and hope you get lucky.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    God damn everywhere I look is just booked on vaccine appointments. I don't know if that's today, this week, next month who fucking knows you can't tell shit from the myriad of websites you have to surrender information on and never get a spot for.

I think Sea Mar Medical Centers are walk-in mostly? So if you're able to get up early to check on availability, you can try that.

We did that for my mother-in-law a while ago back when she became eligible, and it turns out to be "walk-in to get an appointment for the future" which is one of the dumber ways to do it, but it worked...

Steam profile
  • Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular

Awesome!

I'm hoping we end up with something better for renters than "public charging stations will totally exist, just like gas stations". I've lived in one place that would have been suitable for EV charging, and that's not going to change until there's some push to require landlords to invest in chargers.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

I'm not arguing with the latter but the former is literally the opposite of how Senate races work, which is kind of a huge problem.

Do you have a problem with Patty Murray's record?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Awesome!

I'm hoping we end up with something better for renters than "public charging stations will totally exist, just like gas stations". I've lived in one place that would have been suitable for EV charging, and that's not going to change until there's some push to require landlords to invest in chargers.

yeah if you can't charge where you park at night an EV is untenable

I've had EVs for nearly a decade and still roll around in an old Leaf with an 80 mile range but without being able to charge at home it just doesn't work

• Options
    I know some of the vaccination sites just have a "people missed their appointments" line that you can get in closer to the site closing up for the day, and hope you get lucky.

The problem with this is I have a young child, and going out to some of these locations late at night is an issue for me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    admanb wrote: »

Do you have a problem with Patty Murray's record?

incumbent advantage exists and sucks regardless of who's benefitting from it. don't really see what this question has to do with that. and in any case your cynicism towards Murray's electoral chances is unwarranted. she's very popular and good at campaigning.

Shorty on
  • Options

The problem with this is I have a young child, and going out to some of these locations late at night is an issue for me.

Sure. I just know my coworker was on his way into his vax appointment at 4:30, and there was a line of people waiting to get poked, I assume they had already started processing them, since you should know the number of people from the first 3/4 of the day that missed their appointments.

• Options
    MeeqeMeeqe Lord of the pants most fancy Someplace amazingRegistered User regular
    Bellingham mandated that 20% of new parking spots in multi-family structures be equipped with rapid chargers a few years back. That move is looking pretty prescient right now. They've been getting installed by the dozens all over town, its not enough but hopefully we're a little better prepped than we would be otherwise. Most of the ones I'm seeing thrown out are pay at the pump, but it charges to the building owner whose electricity you are pulling from. I don't know off the top of my head how much it'll be, but it should be close to the actual cost of the electricity, I don't know if the building owners have stumbled on the idea of using the chargers as a real revenue stream yet has happened or will happen.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I’ll be honest I don’t know jack about Patty Murray’s record, which tells me she’s largely kept her head down and been a reliable Dem.

Unless I’m mistaken she doesn’t have a lot of national profile but for the Senate that’s not necessarily a bad thing

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Gonna be 2060 and everyone will be in flying electric vehicles and I'll still be puttering around in my 2009 Beetle. It's twelve years old, I've had it its whole life, and the odomoter only just ticked past 40k miles, lol. Imma die of old age and maybe have finally hit 100k 😂

Hopefully the electric car thing also results in a rush on getting electric charging stations built or shits gonna get weird.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I’ll be honest I don’t know jack about Patty Murray’s record, which tells me she’s largely kept her head down and been a reliable Dem.

Unless I’m mistaken she doesn’t have a lot of national profile but for the Senate that’s not necessarily a bad thing

If I remember correctly, Patty Murray was put in charge of the Senate Dem election efforts in 2001 and 2011, both times that the Dem Senators overperformed polling and expectations. She served as Whip in Washington State way back before she became a Senator.

Her Mom in Tennis Shoes crap is PR, she gets backroom shit done, but rarely sticks her neck out. She's a weird one, and getting up there in years, but she's been effective as hell in the past.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    I saw an interesting take on the electric car thing that I hadn't considered: what are people who only have street parking supposed to do? Especially as Seattle (and other areas) are allowing for more housing units without dedicated parking.

I'm still in favor of it, it's just an angle I hadn't thought of.

• Options
    I saw an interesting take on the electric car thing that I hadn't considered: what are people who only have street parking supposed to do? Especially as Seattle (and other areas) are allowing for more housing units without dedicated parking.

They'll set up expensive community parking/charging lots with a shuttle to get you to your car!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

They'll set up expensive community parking/charging lots with a shuttle to get you to your car!

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the cost of putting in charging stations where we previously had meters.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

We should expect a lot of classism crap to go on involving asymmetric infrastructure development.

• Options

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the cost of putting in charging stations where we previously had meters.

Honestly it always seems like housing development in this area especially with our stupid real estate market is "eh someone elses problem later" like where I live they've added more and more houses, but the same shit roads, stop signs, etc. Like really covid saved a lot of cities from having to see the absolute clusterfuck of traffic they've invented.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.